Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

No I just honestly don't like Charlie

Ok now you lost me. The things you say to Charlie arent trolling because you honestly dont like him.

But what I say to you IS trolling.. I think you are missing a key piece of the puzzle here.[/QUOTE]

Alright how's this: Don't call someone an asshole and not expect to get punched in the face.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.. when exactly will this punch be coming? I should probably brace myself.

C

Chazwozel

No I just honestly don't like Charlie

Ok now you lost me. The things you say to Charlie arent trolling because you honestly dont like him.

But what I say to you IS trolling.. I think you are missing a key piece of the puzzle here.[/QUOTE]

Alright how's this: Don't call someone an asshole and not expect to get punched in the face.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.. when exactly will this punch be coming? I should probably brace myself.

[/QUOTE]

I never said I was an expert on punching, but I am pretty close to being an expert of punching behavior. Definitely more than posters who are only exposed to their own punches.

How did you go through school without learning to read?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Why the librarians? I hate Sarah Palin for ruining that fantasy for me, since people insisted on calling that Madame Grins-Like-a-Dead-Perch "a sexy librarian" -.-

C

Chazwozel

ENOUGH!

-Dave

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Drama thread contribution: I've been posting in this fucking thread so much, I just missed the 4:45 train, and now have to wait for the 5:30.

I love when he does that - I imagine Dave's voice booming across the forums as we all cower to our corners, looking upon him and his mighty fist raised, all awe and silence, no noise but the sound of faraway birds, his flappy hooties gently swaying from the force of his command.

Dammit, I took that to the weird place again, didn't I?

C

Chazwozel

I love when he does that - I imagine Dave's voice booming across the forums as we all cower to our corners, looking upon him and his mighty fist raised, all awe and silence, no noise but the sound of faraway birds, his flappy hooties gently swaying from the force of his command.

No no, I like it. That's exactly how I envisioned it.

fade

Staff member
Me too, except my scruffy dog is pulling back the curtain to reveal the pasty old guy really running the controls.

fade

Staff member
The only thing that could make this fight dorkier is if the three of you start rolling 20 sided die to see who hits whom.

No way. It could be dorkier. Compare your speeds. That will dictate in how many ticks you can act. Whoever is fastest acts on tick 0. From there, declare an action and roll a number of d10s equal to the number of dots in the relevant attribute + the number of dots in the relevant skill. Count the successes. If you don't have enough successes to hit their defense, you miss. The speed of the move is the number of ticks will have to go by before you can act again. Then, afterwards, wax poetic on how sad life makes you because you're a vampire spawn and you never asked to become one.

I, for one, am greatly annoyed by the typical coming home from a 13 hour day tired and hungry conundrum.
Do I try to go to sleep right away, meaning I lie awake because I'm hungry; or do I eat first, meaning I'll sleep badly because of a stuffed stomach?

North_Ranger

Staff member
I'm the troll and yet Marake1 is the one who opens her flapper in the first place... Keep reaching there porky.

I'm sorry, care to repeat what you just called me?[/QUOTE]

He called you Porky.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :devil:

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Eat a tiny bit, like a banana or a piece of buttered bread.
Or yoghurt. It's light and wards off the hunger for a while so you can get some shut-eye.

I've been going to sleep really early and waking up equally early these last few days. I'm not sure how much I like it. On the one hand, it's been making going to those 9am classes easier, but it still just kind of feels off I guess. Not much of a rant I guess, but eh, there you go.

I have nights where I sleep for 12 hours and then nights where I sleep for 2. It's getting a little aggravating.

Dave

Staff member
Every time something good happens in my life something bad has to happen to counter it.

Good: My wife gets a job.
Bad: The transmission goes out on our Dodge. $900 to fix. Should be done this week.

Good: We got our W2 forms and can get to work on our taxes.
Bad: We got a letter from the IRS saying we owe $1500 or so for back taxes. I get to call to find out if that's going to block the filing of my return.

*sigh* Calgon take me away!

HOLY SHIT did my anthropology teacher lose it today.

So we're going through a lecture, and something happens that was so horrible that she had to stop the lecture and flip the fuck out.

*drum roll*

someone got a text message notification. GASP

The way this professor treated it though, you'd have thought someone had yelled out a horrifyingly personal insult to her. She stopped the lecture, demanded to know who's phone it was and threatened to have security come up and forcibly remove whoever it was. I mean this went on for several minutes that could have been productively spent. Even while the girl who's phone went off was leaving the professor still wouldn't just let it drop. It was so such an unprofessional response to a minor annoyance that I had no idea how to react. I'm kind of kicking myself for not calling her out on it, but honestly that wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway.

You never know who secretly is a psycho laying in wait I guess. Psychos and Cylons, really. OOOOOOOO maybe she's both?

C

Chazwozel

HOLY SHIT did my anthropology teacher lose it today.

So we're going through a lecture, and something happens that was so horrible that she had to stop the lecture and flip the fuck out.

*drum roll*

someone got a text message notification. GASP

The way this professor treated it though, you'd have thought someone had yelled out a horrifyingly personal insult to her. She stopped the lecture, demanded to know who's phone it was and threatened to have security come up and forcibly remove whoever it was. I mean this went on for several minutes that could have been productively spent. Even while the girl who's phone went off was leaving the professor still wouldn't just let it drop. It was so such an unprofessional response to a minor annoyance that I had no idea how to react. I'm kind of kicking myself for not calling her out on it, but honestly that wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway.

You never know who secretly is a psycho laying in wait I guess. Psychos and Cylons, really. OOOOOOOO maybe she's both?
Shit happens. I can't tell you how many times I forget to silence my phone during seminars.

Cajungal

Staff member
That reaction was probably based on years of that happening, though. That is over the top, but I can understand. It's obnoxious, and if I was a professor, there would be penalties for that.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

....although it wouldn't be calling security. More like... making them sing "Hello my baby" in front of everyone. It sounds like your teacher was having a horrible day, and that sent her over the edge.

That reaction was probably based on years of that happening, though. That is over the top, but I can understand. It's obnoxious, and if I was a professor, there would be penalties for that.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

....although it wouldn't be calling security. More like... making them sing "Hello my baby" in front of everyone. It sounds like your teacher was having a horrible day, and that sent her over the edge.
That's the thing though, my professor isn't old enough to hate technology. If she's over 30 i'll eat my shoe. Well....maybe like 32 or something. I'm not the best judge of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.