Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid creative block! I've been trying to come up with a good storyline for a roleplaying game I want to set for my brother and his friends, but I have absolutely NO inspiration right now. My muse is the laziest bastard in existence!

ElJuski

Staff member
Let me help you out....your protagonist...has amnesia! And there's a princess...in trouble! And there is also...political strife! :3

ElJuski said:
Let me help you out....your protagonist...has amnesia! And there's a princess...in trouble! And there is also...political strife! :3
And a cheese famine. I find not enough fiction is based around dairy-related strife.

ElJuski

Staff member
Fun Size said:
ElJuski said:
And a cheese famine. I find not enough fiction is based around dairy-related strife.
Yes, this is needed.

Yes, I see! The cows have started a rebellion over their forced slavery in dairies and have kidnapped the Princess. The hero, who of course awakens from a coma with no memory of who he is, is sent out on a quest of rescue and self discovery before the cheese famine destroys the kingdom! Oh, and there's a wizard and a cute animal sidekick in there somewhere. It's so perfect, it's retarded!

GAH! I can't register for classes STILL! I couldn't before the weekend 'cause when I went to go take a quick 20 minute nap I ended up sleeping until 4am the next day. Then it was the weekend and they just didn't let anyone register. Now It's the week and they're all "sorry bro, you can't register until the 19th."

fuggin school, man.

The first thing is more of a "I'm stupid" than a rant. I said I would have 150 Pink Horrors painted by October 1st. I'm just realizing how much work this will be, considering I am custom making my bases with resin and magnets. Most of it is already painted, but it's been through 2 moves and the models are all metal, so they scrape against something and I'm spending time repairing the paint job.

Top that off with pinching a nerve in my neck trying to catch my in-law's cat to put him in a cat carrier. As soon as it happened, I could feel the nerves down to my fingers explode in a tingling sensation. That was two days ago. Today the tops of my hands are in pain whenever I touch them.

hey, thanks guys. invite me to go to the movies, tell me to head over to the place where we're meeting before heading to the theater, and then, after everyone who could go is already at the meeting place, cancel when you can't get more than three people. i know how much of a social experience sitting in a large room not talking to people can be. :angry:

S

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
The first thing is more of a "I'm stupid" than a rant. I said I would have 150 Pink Horrors painted by October 1st. I'm just realizing how much work this will be, considering I am custom making my bases with resin and magnets. Most of it is already painted, but it's been through 2 moves and the models are all metal, so they scrape against something and I'm spending time repairing the paint job.
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. fucking nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. fucking nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)
It's nuts. It's for both, but I'm using circle bases so I can play in the big 40K game at the local GW store on October. When I am done, it will be around 3200 points.

Krisken said:
It's nuts. It's for both, but I'm using circle bases so I can play in the big 40K game at the local GW store on October. When I am done, it will be around 3200 points.
I concur it's nuts, but I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup:

Got a call to invite me to go to a swim party in a town that is about 1&1/2 away. It was kinda late minute, and I stalled in giving the answer. He said he'd call me back, but never did.
So I got hung up between Raiding in WoW or actually going out and being social in real life.

Also to the random smurf that was driving the 20yo stick shift, Nissan pick-up while talking on the cell phone for over 15 minutes...

SHUT THE SMURF UP AND DRIVE!!! :slap:

He would take off very slowly, put the phone to the opposite ear and shift, then switch the phone back. Then hit the next shift point, and switch again. :angry: The traffic in the next lane was just scooting on by, and I damn near missed my turn because I could not get enough speed to merge into the faster lane. :angry:

S

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. smurfing nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)
damn man, good luck. I haven't played any warhammer in a couple years (since I moved no one plays it around here) but I always love hearing about it. Still 150 horrors... blegh (i think they did away with the rule that they split into two blue horrors when hit right? otherwise 300 blue horros would be sould crushing)

ZenMonkey said:
Krisken said:
I concur it's nuts, but I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup:
Heh, thanks! It's a lot of work, but I think I can get it done.

Silvanesti said:
damn man, good luck. I haven't played any warhammer in a couple years (since I moved no one plays it around here) but I always love hearing about it. Still 150 horrors... blegh (i think they did away with the rule that they split into two blue horrors when hit right? otherwise 300 blue horros would be sould crushing)
Oh god no, they don't split anymore. It's 150 Pink and Blue. They don't split anymore. It was bad enough when i had 180. I've lost 30 through various conversions and such. It's 150 figures to paint, base on the resin bases I make. Time consumption and neck strain is the greatest of my problems at the moment. Soul should stay intact.

I'll be sure to take pics of everything when it is all done. That should be fun to see.

One thing I always enjoyed about my job, was that there were no "temptations" around here. Everyone from the tellers to the loan officers were either men, unattractive women or married women with a stick so far up their ass not even industrial equiptment could pull it out. So keeping my sexuality under wraps was easy peasy (both my supervisor AND my branch manager are huge overly religious homophobes).

Three weeks ago, we had a couple of accounts reps move from another branch to ours. One of them has one of the most amazing body I've ever seen. She's got amazing curves, perfect body proportion, a mesmerizing smile, silky smooth light brown skin and always smells fantastic.

At first I said to myself "she won't last 2 weeks here with as hectic as it is and how young she is" so I didn't sweat it. Now we're going on week 3, to make matters worse, she's single and very touchy feely with me. She also likes to drinking for fun so I know it would only be a matter of time before I could.... and THAT is the problem.... There's no way I can go after her, the chances of "outing" myself are way too high. Even if things go "well" I'm still in trouble.

As if that wasn't bad enough, she's taking a personal liking to me for some reason. Sending me alot of personal emails and is always choosing me to be the one to help her out with any little problem. She also wears very tight and revealing clothing. I have no idea what the hell to do about this.... I'm starting to crack.

Go out drinking and pretend to be drunker then you are... then when you're making out make it seem like you're one of those slutty girls that's doing it for attention from males... then post it online so we can all :pud: to it... :zoid:

Shegokigo said:
One thing I always enjoyed about my job, was that there were no "temptations" around here. Everyone from the tellers to the loan officers were either men, unattractive women or married women with a stick so far up their ass not even industrial equiptment could pull it out. So keeping my sexuality under wraps was easy peasy (both my supervisor AND my branch manager are huge overly religious homophobes).

Three weeks ago, we had a couple of accounts reps move from another branch to ours. One of them has one of the most amazing body I've ever seen. She's got amazing curves, perfect body proportion, a mesmerizing smile, silky smooth light brown skin and always smells fantastic.

At first I said to myself "she won't last 2 weeks here with as hectic as it is and how young she is" so I didn't sweat it. Now we're going on week 3, to make matters worse, she's single and very touchy feely with me. She also likes to drinking for fun so I know it would only be a matter of time before I could.... and THAT is the problem.... There's no way I can go after her, the chances of "outing" myself are way too high. Even if things go "well" I'm still in trouble.

As if that wasn't bad enough, she's taking a personal liking to me for some reason. Sending me alot of personal emails and is always choosing me to be the one to help her out with any little problem. She also wears very tight and revealing clothing. I have no idea what the hell to do about this.... I'm starting to crack.
It really sucks that you can't be open about who you are at work. Or at least you can't without worrying about some sort of legal fight. Land of the free, indeed, :(

M

Mr_Chaz

Shegokigo said:

Surely the standard Shego response is to do what you want to do, then just dump her in the desert?

Mr_Chaz said:
Surely the standard Shego response is to do what you want to do, then just dump her in the desert?
The problem with making my fantasies into realities are simply matters of convience and experience mixed with a little bit of opportunity. :devil:

Shego: your situation sucks balls ... or whatever the appropriate lesbian metaphor might be. Though, come to think of it, sucking balls is probably a very appropriate lesbian metaphor for when things aren't good.

On the note of work, I've been meaning to rant about something near and dear to my heart for a while now. There's a girl who volunteered with the food bank. I put that in a past tense, because she was hired on for the summer, so she's technically not volunteering here anymore, and she's around more too. Anyhow, I just don't know how to deal with her.

She's normal enough, but she's fairly unreliable. Frequently late, or taking days off. Each time she's had an unassailable exuse (such as car breaking down, illness, the death of her grandmother, or the fact that her father just had a heart attack) but excuse or not, it's always hit or miss whether she'll be around. That bothers me, because not only are our jobs interconnected, but when she finally shows up, I get to hear whatever the most recent calamity was.

And speaking of our conversations ... when I first met her, we spent an eight hour day at the food bank. At one point, as we were getting to know each other, and discussing varied topics, she exclaimed: "finally, a person I can have an intelegent conversation with!" At that point, I thought that meant I could pull out the stops. At the end of the day, I realized that she clearly thought she was more inteligent than she is. By now, I just can't talk to her about anything of substance. When she tells me about something, or opines about a subject, I try not to stare through her as I listen, nod and grunt affirmitives. I can't get involved in the conversation, because I don't know where to start disagreeing or correcting her, and if I did that, things would just become uncomfortable in the small food room.

I try to be polite, and engage her when I can. I know my limits, so I don't really strike up any conversatiosn worth having. But after several hours working together, I find it difficult not to be rude to her.

So I guess I have the opposite problem of Shego.

Shegokigo said:
Mr_Chaz said:
The problem with making my fantasies into realities are simply matters of convience and experience mixed with a little bit of opportunity. :devil:
No fishing off the company pier.

No sex where you get your checks.

the rest are failing me.

sixpackshaker said:
Shegokigo said:
Mr_Chaz said:
No fishing off the company pier.

No sex where you get your checks.

the rest are failing me.
Don't dip your pen in the company ink?

Sounds like we need to modernize these sayings.

"Don't plug your flash drive into the company's computers."

Too long, not catchy enough...

-Adam

Shegokigo said:
My job was hard enough to tolerate without this added issue.... :angry:

She's always at my desk too.... :eek:
Maybe you are setting her gaydar off.

Heck, what do you have to lose? Besides a GF, apartment and job?

That is pretty much what I tell a friend of mine when he talks about the possibility of cheating on his wife.

sixpackshaker said:
Maybe you are setting her gaydar off.

Heck, what do you have to lose? Besides a GF, apartment and job?
There would be no losing my GF in this situation (see the Open Relationship thread) nor my apartment as my GF pays for everything.

The problem here is just losing my job, which would not be in my best interest as it's where most of my "free spending" money comes from, and there's not alot of open positions for my job platform right now (I've looked) in my area.

I just bought my first HD TV and Blu-Ray player on Sunday. I wanted a PS3, but didn't push for it because of the price, rather buying a really nice one that would stream Netflix and whatnot without involving my shamefully show PC in any way.

Tomorrow, the the PS3 will cost $50 less than the player I bought.

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just pissed on principal.

P

Pojodan

Uuuugh.... being unemployed for a whole year has sapped my energy, my creativity, and my general happiness as a whole.

Someone employ me, damn it!

Fun Size said:
I just bought my first HD TV and Blu-Ray player on Sunday. I wanted a PS3, but didn't push for it because of the price, rather buying a really nice one that would stream Netflix and whatnot without involving my shamefully show PC in any way.

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just * on principal.
Return the blu-ray player and buy the PS3. Most stores won't charge a restocking fee if you are replacing it with a 'similar model' that went on sale very shortly after the original purchase.

-Adam

stienman said:
Fun Size said:

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just * on principal.
Return the blu-ray player and buy the PS3. Most stores won't charge a restocking fee if you are replacing it with a 'similar model' that went on sale very shortly after the original purchase.

-Adam
I considered it. Thing is, I don't feel like muddling around with the PC to get Netflix streaming on the new, ginormous TV, and since I haven't finished playing the games I have for my XBox (or in some cases haven't started playing them), it's hard to justify the exchange even for myself. Mostly, I'm pissed that after making my decision, something happened that might have changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.