Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, the time to play the legal side was when he got a cat, which is also against the rules. But it's not like the landlords ever come over or anything. The only time they did was because our bathtub faucet wouldn't turn off.

There's still a chance it won't be so bad. Either she won't come at all, or if she does she won't be as crazy as I think she might. If she's who I think she is, then I've met her before and while she seemed like a nice enough person, I think she thinks 9-11 was an inside job.

I think I just need to hope for the best and hope that if she does come over at all, it'll only be for one or two nights while she gets back on her feet. I just have this sinking feeling that this is going to turn out pretty horrible though.

C

Chazwozel

Heh, the time to play the legal side was when he got a cat, which is also against the rules. But it's not like the landlords ever come over or anything. The only time they did was because our bathtub faucet wouldn't turn off.

There's still a chance it won't be so bad. Either she won't come at all, or if she does she won't be as crazy as I think she might. If she's who I think she is, then I've met her before and while she seemed like a nice enough person, I think she thinks 9-11 was an inside job.

I think I just need to hope for the best and hope that if she does come over at all, it'll only be for one or two nights while she gets back on her feet. I just have this sinking feeling that this is going to turn out pretty horrible though.
Is this a friend of his or a, ahem, "friend" of his?

no, the girl coming over is kinda hot so I'm thinking the naked cheese thing can only lead to good places.

C

Chazwozel

no, the girl coming over is kinda hot so I'm thinking the naked cheese thing can only lead to good places.
Oh wow, I am officially going to live vicariously through you. You should walk around in your underwear as much as possible (with an erection).

C

Chazwozel

Oh wow, I am officially going to live vicariously through you. You should walk around in your underwear as much as possible (with an erection).[/QUOTE]

To assert your dominance and your territory.[/QUOTE]

Dominance territory? NO! That should have been established long ago with the roommate. This is prime mating ritual. Although thumping your chest and peeing on his bed might reinforce your desire to mate with her.

Exactly. He's gotta walk around with an erection like he owns the place. Woman love that kind of confidence.

Or something.

C

Chazwozel

Exactly. He's gotta walk around with an erection like he owns the place. Woman love that kind of confidence.

Or something.
Ooooh, perfect crime. Jump in the shower with her, and when she screams, pretend you thought she was your roommate! Then attempt buttsecks.

Dave

Staff member
Or stand quietly with your erection right outside the shower with the towel hanging off your turgid member. When she reaches for the towel you both win.

C

Chazwozel

Or stand quietly with your erection right outside the shower with the towel hanging off your turgid member. When she reaches for the towel you both win.

Dave speaks from experience.

...well so do I...

FLING YOUR POO!

I think the best thing is a variation of the chaz plan. I think I'll give it a Mr. Magoo twist and just claim I didn't know that anyone was in there.

Oh I am so freaking pissed right now! I am at work and a co-worker IMs me. I reply with "what?" and he asks his question. I sadly can;t help him with his issue but than he starts getting mad at me for the way I replied to him. He actually came down to my area and started yelling at me. I probably didn't help the situation when I started laughing at the fact he was mad cause I replied with "what?". I he was down here yelling at me telling me how unprofessional I was and how I will never make over minimum wage and all this other crap just becuase I replied with the word "what?" to a IM. Am I missing something here or is he blowing this completely out of proportions?

Cajungal

Staff member
I suppose there are more... professional ways of answering, like "how can I help you," but there's nothing wrong with what. On an IM conversation it's hard to tell if someone is being terse or not. But yeah, I'd call that an overreaction.

My dad got on me once for that. I answered the home phone once just saying "what" or something and so he told me that it was really impolite. Now I answer the phone with a friendly hello, but roll my eyes and make a jerking off motion.

Cajungal

Staff member
:laugh:

come to think of it, if my niece says, "What?" when my sister calls her, she tells her that it's rude to answer that way. "You should say-- 'yes?'" I think that tone matters. Usually she's being perfectly polite. But I guess she's preparing her for school, where it's expected to be "yes ma'am" "no ma'am".

You might get lucky, but it's been my experience that these things usually become permanent pretty quickly. It's never "just one or two nights".

I don't mind helping a friend out here or there, but I have learned how to pull someone aside and say "look, you said a week. A week is over. Find someplace else to stay. You have until tomorrow."

Hard to get how people are going to interpret your tone over an IM. My opinion: Don't use IM at work.

Well where I work it is practically a necessity to use IM. We pretty much only use the phone if we need to discuss something in great lengths or if there is a meeting.

Cajungal

Staff member
I think that it's a great idea, as long as people have a "script" to refer to like you would when you're answering phones. I've been gunning for IM in the Dept. of Residential Life so we can get answers faster for the students and parents, but a lot of the higher-ups are very technology-resistant. Or let me change that... they're pro-technology as long as they don't have to use it.

C

Chazwozel

I think the best thing is a variation of the chaz plan. I think I'll give it a Mr. Magoo twist and just claim I didn't know that anyone was in there.

Whatever you don't go in with your eyes closed, groping the air, while saying 'honk, honk'. It won't end well. :whistling:

Whatever you don't go in with your eyes closed, groping the air, while saying 'honk, honk'. It won't end well. :whistling:[/QUOTE]

Of course not. Don't be ridiculous.

I go in with my head about chest high shaking it back and forth going and making a noise like that of a motor boat.

Ugh

I tried being the bigger person and apologizing if he took my response rudely. But I can't tell if I feel better or worse. One one hand he explained that he doesn't think I am willing to help people out enough. Which personally struck me as weird since I bend over backwards helping everyone I can. Than he goes into a speak about how he really is on my side and he just want's what's best for me. But As I said his problems he has with me are tt I haev heard if it. From what I hear from others is a completely different story. Plus this guy seems a bit condescending with his "looking out for your best interests attitude" but at least I did my part and apologized.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Sometimes, if I see it's friends or family who's calling, I answer my phone with "Hello, you have called the International House of Insults. How may I insult your intelligence and/or masculinity today?" with a very computer-tone voice.

Or when my best friend calls, I always say "Hello, nubcake!"

I always want to do that, but I'm always afraid that this will be the one time that my phone messed up and said that my buddy Sean was calling when it was really my mom. Or like the incoming call is from Sean's phone, but it's Megan who's borrowing it and I just told her that I told her I was going to take her down to Wimberly and fuck her in my best hick accent.

Oh I am so freaking pissed right now! I am at work and a co-worker IMs me. I reply with "what?" and he asks his question. I sadly can;t help him with his issue but than he starts getting mad at me for the way I replied to him. He actually came down to my area and started yelling at me. I probably didn't help the situation when I started laughing at the fact he was mad cause I replied with "what?". I he was down here yelling at me telling me how unprofessional I was and how I will never make over minimum wage and all this other crap just becuase I replied with the word "what?" to a IM. Am I missing something here or is he blowing this completely out of proportions?
Soooo, he comes over to your desk and yells at you over something trivial at best, but YOU'RE the unprofessional one?

So, our Intranet server's been down for 2 hours. This is not so unusual because instead of spending money on a decent Intranet server that services our entire corporation with documents and forms for our clientele, we spend it on an expensive Sharepoint server for a 3 person department.

Because of the "mission-critical"ness of the server, I really pushed for regular backups, and I was informed that they were being done. I see now what effort has been put into these backups. Every now and then the Intranet comes back with November 2009 data.

3 months of work, gone, poof. New product announcements, forms and reports, scripting, contests. I have all the originals, but that doesn't help remembering exactly all the changes that have been thrown up there.

Not to mention I'm in the middle of RRSP season and have 10 million dollars worth of OTHER things to worry about. I am going to cry.

Just informed another manager about the problem. She had to sit down to stop herself from passing out.

Terror.

Awesome.

After three months of work, over $8,000 in billable hours, two months after I submitted the first invoice, the University procurement office decides they want to start the process to get the contract approved.

And to think I traded sleep and time with my family to get this done to their schedule.

Awesome.

After three months of work, over $8,000 in billable hours, two months after I submitted the first invoice, the University procurement office decides they want to start the process to get the contract approved.

And to think I traded sleep and time with my family to get this done to their schedule.
Deja vu. There's a special place in hell for University procurement personnel.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Being sick sucks. Having two sick kids and being sick yourself on a day when your spouse has to work late, and can't get out of it, really blows goats.

Though on the plus side, my son hasn't been coughing until he vomits like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.