Export thread

Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Limit: 500

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Stupid creative block! I've been trying to come up with a good storyline for a roleplaying game I want to set for my brother and his friends, but I have absolutely NO inspiration right now. My muse is the laziest bastard in existence!

ElJuski

ElJuski

Let me help you out....your protagonist...has amnesia! And there's a princess...in trouble! And there is also...political strife! :3

Fun Size

Fun Size

ElJuski said:
Let me help you out....your protagonist...has amnesia! And there's a princess...in trouble! And there is also...political strife! :3
And a cheese famine. I find not enough fiction is based around dairy-related strife.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Fun Size said:
ElJuski said:
And a cheese famine. I find not enough fiction is based around dairy-related strife.
Yes, this is needed.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yes, I see! The cows have started a rebellion over their forced slavery in dairies and have kidnapped the Princess. The hero, who of course awakens from a coma with no memory of who he is, is sent out on a quest of rescue and self discovery before the cheese famine destroys the kingdom! Oh, and there's a wizard and a cute animal sidekick in there somewhere. It's so perfect, it's retarded!

phil

phil

GAH! I can't register for classes STILL! I couldn't before the weekend 'cause when I went to go take a quick 20 minute nap I ended up sleeping until 4am the next day. Then it was the weekend and they just didn't let anyone register. Now It's the week and they're all "sorry bro, you can't register until the 19th."

fuggin school, man.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I bit my lip yesterday.

I've bitten the same goddamned spot three more times today.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( I hate that.

Coke Zero gives me wicked hiccups. I think I need to stop drinking it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Shakes are bad today, I keep hitting the wrong keys and had some trouble pouring my tea today. Probably stress.

Krisken

Krisken

The first thing is more of a "I'm stupid" than a rant. I said I would have 150 Pink Horrors painted by October 1st. I'm just realizing how much work this will be, considering I am custom making my bases with resin and magnets. Most of it is already painted, but it's been through 2 moves and the models are all metal, so they scrape against something and I'm spending time repairing the paint job.

Top that off with pinching a nerve in my neck trying to catch my in-law's cat to put him in a cat carrier. As soon as it happened, I could feel the nerves down to my fingers explode in a tingling sensation. That was two days ago. Today the tops of my hands are in pain whenever I touch them.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hey, thanks guys. invite me to go to the movies, tell me to head over to the place where we're meeting before heading to the theater, and then, after everyone who could go is already at the meeting place, cancel when you can't get more than three people. i know how much of a social experience sitting in a large room not talking to people can be. :angry:

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
The first thing is more of a "I'm stupid" than a rant. I said I would have 150 Pink Horrors painted by October 1st. I'm just realizing how much work this will be, considering I am custom making my bases with resin and magnets. Most of it is already painted, but it's been through 2 moves and the models are all metal, so they scrape against something and I'm spending time repairing the paint job.
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. fucking nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)

Krisken

Krisken

Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. fucking nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)
It's nuts. It's for both, but I'm using circle bases so I can play in the big 40K game at the local GW store on October. When I am done, it will be around 3200 points.

Krisken said:
It's nuts. It's for both, but I'm using circle bases so I can play in the big 40K game at the local GW store on October. When I am done, it will be around 3200 points.
I concur it's nuts, but I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Got a call to invite me to go to a swim party in a town that is about 1&1/2 away. It was kinda late minute, and I stalled in giving the answer. He said he'd call me back, but never did.
So I got hung up between Raiding in WoW or actually going out and being social in real life.

Also to the random smurf that was driving the 20yo stick shift, Nissan pick-up while talking on the cell phone for over 15 minutes...

SHUT THE SMURF UP AND DRIVE!!! :slap:

He would take off very slowly, put the phone to the opposite ear and shift, then switch the phone back. Then hit the next shift point, and switch again. :angry: The traffic in the next lane was just scooting on by, and I damn near missed my turn because I could not get enough speed to merge into the faster lane. :angry:

Silvanesti

Krisken said:
Silvanesti said:
Krisken said:
i hope that is for fantasy, because a 40k army with that would just be... well.. smurfing nuts (at least remembering the rules for demons the last time I played)
damn man, good luck. I haven't played any warhammer in a couple years (since I moved no one plays it around here) but I always love hearing about it. Still 150 horrors... blegh (i think they did away with the rule that they split into two blue horrors when hit right? otherwise 300 blue horros would be sould crushing)

Krisken

Krisken

ZenMonkey said:
Krisken said:
I concur it's nuts, but I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup:
Heh, thanks! It's a lot of work, but I think I can get it done.

Silvanesti said:
damn man, good luck. I haven't played any warhammer in a couple years (since I moved no one plays it around here) but I always love hearing about it. Still 150 horrors... blegh (i think they did away with the rule that they split into two blue horrors when hit right? otherwise 300 blue horros would be sould crushing)
Oh god no, they don't split anymore. It's 150 Pink and Blue. They don't split anymore. It was bad enough when i had 180. I've lost 30 through various conversions and such. It's 150 figures to paint, base on the resin bases I make. Time consumption and neck strain is the greatest of my problems at the moment. Soul should stay intact.

I'll be sure to take pics of everything when it is all done. That should be fun to see.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

One thing I always enjoyed about my job, was that there were no "temptations" around here. Everyone from the tellers to the loan officers were either men, unattractive women or married women with a stick so far up their ass not even industrial equiptment could pull it out. So keeping my sexuality under wraps was easy peasy (both my supervisor AND my branch manager are huge overly religious homophobes).

Three weeks ago, we had a couple of accounts reps move from another branch to ours. One of them has one of the most amazing body I've ever seen. She's got amazing curves, perfect body proportion, a mesmerizing smile, silky smooth light brown skin and always smells fantastic.

At first I said to myself "she won't last 2 weeks here with as hectic as it is and how young she is" so I didn't sweat it. Now we're going on week 3, to make matters worse, she's single and very touchy feely with me. She also likes to drinking for fun so I know it would only be a matter of time before I could.... and THAT is the problem.... There's no way I can go after her, the chances of "outing" myself are way too high. Even if things go "well" I'm still in trouble.

As if that wasn't bad enough, she's taking a personal liking to me for some reason. Sending me alot of personal emails and is always choosing me to be the one to help her out with any little problem. She also wears very tight and revealing clothing. I have no idea what the hell to do about this.... I'm starting to crack.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Go out drinking and pretend to be drunker then you are... then when you're making out make it seem like you're one of those slutty girls that's doing it for attention from males... then post it online so we can all :pud: to it... :zoid:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Shegokigo said:
One thing I always enjoyed about my job, was that there were no "temptations" around here. Everyone from the tellers to the loan officers were either men, unattractive women or married women with a stick so far up their ass not even industrial equiptment could pull it out. So keeping my sexuality under wraps was easy peasy (both my supervisor AND my branch manager are huge overly religious homophobes).

Three weeks ago, we had a couple of accounts reps move from another branch to ours. One of them has one of the most amazing body I've ever seen. She's got amazing curves, perfect body proportion, a mesmerizing smile, silky smooth light brown skin and always smells fantastic.

At first I said to myself "she won't last 2 weeks here with as hectic as it is and how young she is" so I didn't sweat it. Now we're going on week 3, to make matters worse, she's single and very touchy feely with me. She also likes to drinking for fun so I know it would only be a matter of time before I could.... and THAT is the problem.... There's no way I can go after her, the chances of "outing" myself are way too high. Even if things go "well" I'm still in trouble.

As if that wasn't bad enough, she's taking a personal liking to me for some reason. Sending me alot of personal emails and is always choosing me to be the one to help her out with any little problem. She also wears very tight and revealing clothing. I have no idea what the hell to do about this.... I'm starting to crack.
It really sucks that you can't be open about who you are at work. Or at least you can't without worrying about some sort of legal fight. Land of the free, indeed, :(

Mr_Chaz

Shegokigo said:

Surely the standard Shego response is to do what you want to do, then just dump her in the desert?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Mr_Chaz said:
Surely the standard Shego response is to do what you want to do, then just dump her in the desert?
The problem with making my fantasies into realities are simply matters of convience and experience mixed with a little bit of opportunity. :devil:

Rob King

Rob King

Shego: your situation sucks balls ... or whatever the appropriate lesbian metaphor might be. Though, come to think of it, sucking balls is probably a very appropriate lesbian metaphor for when things aren't good.

On the note of work, I've been meaning to rant about something near and dear to my heart for a while now. There's a girl who volunteered with the food bank. I put that in a past tense, because she was hired on for the summer, so she's technically not volunteering here anymore, and she's around more too. Anyhow, I just don't know how to deal with her.

She's normal enough, but she's fairly unreliable. Frequently late, or taking days off. Each time she's had an unassailable exuse (such as car breaking down, illness, the death of her grandmother, or the fact that her father just had a heart attack) but excuse or not, it's always hit or miss whether she'll be around. That bothers me, because not only are our jobs interconnected, but when she finally shows up, I get to hear whatever the most recent calamity was.

And speaking of our conversations ... when I first met her, we spent an eight hour day at the food bank. At one point, as we were getting to know each other, and discussing varied topics, she exclaimed: "finally, a person I can have an intelegent conversation with!" At that point, I thought that meant I could pull out the stops. At the end of the day, I realized that she clearly thought she was more inteligent than she is. By now, I just can't talk to her about anything of substance. When she tells me about something, or opines about a subject, I try not to stare through her as I listen, nod and grunt affirmitives. I can't get involved in the conversation, because I don't know where to start disagreeing or correcting her, and if I did that, things would just become uncomfortable in the small food room.

I try to be polite, and engage her when I can. I know my limits, so I don't really strike up any conversatiosn worth having. But after several hours working together, I find it difficult not to be rude to her.

So I guess I have the opposite problem of Shego.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Shegokigo said:
Mr_Chaz said:
The problem with making my fantasies into realities are simply matters of convience and experience mixed with a little bit of opportunity. :devil:
No fishing off the company pier.

No sex where you get your checks.

the rest are failing me.

strawman

strawman

sixpackshaker said:
Shegokigo said:
Mr_Chaz said:
No fishing off the company pier.

No sex where you get your checks.

the rest are failing me.
Don't dip your pen in the company ink?

Sounds like we need to modernize these sayings.

"Don't plug your flash drive into the company's computers."

Too long, not catchy enough...

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

My job was hard enough to tolerate without this added issue.... :angry:

She's always at my desk too.... :eek:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Shegokigo said:

Maybe you are setting her gaydar off.

Heck, what do you have to lose? Besides a GF, apartment and job?

That is pretty much what I tell a friend of mine when he talks about the possibility of cheating on his wife.

Rob King

Rob King

Shegokigo said:

If it helps, you can send her to my place any time you'd like.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

sixpackshaker said:
Maybe you are setting her gaydar off.

Heck, what do you have to lose? Besides a GF, apartment and job?
There would be no losing my GF in this situation (see the Open Relationship thread) nor my apartment as my GF pays for everything.

The problem here is just losing my job, which would not be in my best interest as it's where most of my "free spending" money comes from, and there's not alot of open positions for my job platform right now (I've looked) in my area.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I just bought my first HD TV and Blu-Ray player on Sunday. I wanted a PS3, but didn't push for it because of the price, rather buying a really nice one that would stream Netflix and whatnot without involving my shamefully show PC in any way.

Tomorrow, the the PS3 will cost $50 less than the player I bought.

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just pissed on principal.

Pojodan

Uuuugh.... being unemployed for a whole year has sapped my energy, my creativity, and my general happiness as a whole.

Someone employ me, damn it!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Pojo, go make me a sammich.

strawman

strawman

Fun Size said:
I just bought my first HD TV and Blu-Ray player on Sunday. I wanted a PS3, but didn't push for it because of the price, rather buying a really nice one that would stream Netflix and whatnot without involving my shamefully show PC in any way.

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just * on principal.
Return the blu-ray player and buy the PS3. Most stores won't charge a restocking fee if you are replacing it with a 'similar model' that went on sale very shortly after the original purchase.

-Adam

Fun Size

Fun Size

stienman said:
Fun Size said:

I wouldn't have time to play games on it in anyway, I'm just * on principal.
Return the blu-ray player and buy the PS3. Most stores won't charge a restocking fee if you are replacing it with a 'similar model' that went on sale very shortly after the original purchase.

-Adam
I considered it. Thing is, I don't feel like muddling around with the PC to get Netflix streaming on the new, ginormous TV, and since I haven't finished playing the games I have for my XBox (or in some cases haven't started playing them), it's hard to justify the exchange even for myself. Mostly, I'm pissed that after making my decision, something happened that might have changed it.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

You know the 360 streams netflix for $60/yr, right?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Right, but what I wanted was a Blu-Ray player. And when I say XBox, I'm talking old school Xbox, not yer new fangled 360. Damned kids.

strawman

strawman

Fun Size said:
Mostly, I'm * that after making my decision, something happened that might have changed it.
Sounds like even in hindsight it didn't change it, though, and if anything would have simply made the decision harder to make.

So, in fact, they did you a favor by waiting until you made your purchase to change the price.

:tongue:

-Adam

Fun Size

Fun Size

stienman said:
Fun Size said:
Mostly, I'm * that after making my decision, something happened that might have changed it.
Sounds like even in hindsight it didn't change it, though, and if anything would have simply made the decision harder to make.

So, in fact, they did you a favor by waiting until you made your purchase to change the price.

:tongue:

-Adam
Dammit Steinman, I'm ranting here. Don't interject logic or reason into this.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Insert generic does-she-like-me-does-she-not rant here.

Rob King

Rob King

Caution: Stand clear 15 feet. This rant may expand unexpectedly.

Got to work and coworker, who is doing the food bank interviews today, is late. Again, she has an excuse, but this one was pretty flimsy (traffic and detours sent her down two dead ends?). I made it clear that I didn't care, and was upset that she was a half hour late, which affects the opening time of the food bank.

Then, the first client takes far too much food. They were collecting for themselves and one other, so the hamper was just short of two bags. I handed her the part-filled bag so that she could pick from the extras shelf*. The idea is to take a few items from that shelf and then move on. She ended up with five bags of groceries: more than twice the amount that we set out to give her. She had so much that she couldn't carry it all, and then asked me to watch her fifth bag as she walked home with the other four. I said I couldn't garuentee the safety of her bag, but she was free to leave it.

We need to reevaluate the extras shelf. A lot of people are taking a lot more than they should, but I don't have the time or patience to stand by it and make sure that everybody only takes x number of items.

I hate when people abuse this system. Let me tell you kids, I like my job, but compassion fatigue is a real thing.

::Continued::

To food bank clients: do not enter the food room. I will bring your hamper out to you. If you enter the food room brazenly and ask for specific items, you will be sorely disappointed. If you haltingly, hesitatingly, humbly ask if we have something from out in the hall, I will probably offer you more than you asked for.

Also, to the quiet lady with the russian accent: I'm sorry I kicked your kid. She's very short, and while I'm carrying boxes sometimes I can't see where I'm going very well. I hope the extra cookies will make up for it.

* - Extras shelf is a metal rack on which we put the foods that not everyone likes or uses (like chickpeas, strange sauces, bags of uncooked beans etc.) and the things that we don't get enough of to put in every hamper (jams, cake mixes, ketchup, etc.)

Mr_Chaz

Finally got a job! But it pays significantly less than half of what I would get if I was actually in my industry, so that sucks complete and utter donkey balls.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Rob King said:
Also, to the quiet lady with the russian accent: I'm sorry I kicked your kid. She's very short, and while I'm carrying boxes sometimes I can't see where I'm going very well. I hope the extra cookies will make up for it.
:aaahhh:

Jesus, sounds like you should've given the kid a "Caution: Stand clear 15 feet" warning.

Krisken

Krisken

I'm sick with the worst cold I've ever had. I sneeze so hard I leak tears from my eyes and can't really do anything without leaking from my nose. Hell, at one point it was so bad I just let the snot soak into my shirt.

Philosopher B.

Giant bottles of shit sauce. My wrist is effing killing me after all of the drawing and tying it has endured lately. Urrrggg.

Rob King

Rob King

Garbledina said:
Rob King said:
:aaahhh:

Jesus, sounds like you should've given the kid a "Caution: Stand clear 15 feet" warning.
I've knocked that kid over like ... three times in the last year. Last time they were here, the mother fell over a step.

I think they might be descended from bowling pins.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Found ANOTHER yellowjacket nest in my yard while mowing. Enough is enough.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

DarkAudit said:
Found ANOTHER yellowjacket nest in my yard while mowing. Enough is enough.
Had 4 of those in my carport area when I moved into the place we're staying at now. Used our homebrew blowtorch to take care of that little issue. Only had about 2-3 reoccurances in 2 years.

D

Dubyamn

I'm going to have to start going to a new games store since my local GameStop has hired possibly the most incompotent and unlikeable person ever and they leave him in charge of the store alone for hours on end. I don't think I've even seen anybody else at the counter the last 6 times I've gone in.

Yesterday for example I stopped in to buy a few games. I grab the boxes and bring them up to the counter where I put them down and wait until he finishes whatever he's doing and comes over to ring me out. Well he finishes up and then just stares at me. No asking if I'm ready to be rung up, no asking if I found everything okay just staring at me until I finally ask him if he can ring up my purchases.

Now that's just a little odd but nothing worthy of boycotting the entire store. But as he's scanning the bar codes the store phone rings. He drops what he's doing and starts talking on the phone only not bothering to complete my purchase or look for the games no he kinda paces and mumbles into the phone while I'm standing there credit card out hoping against hope that he will see me with my payment method out and take steps to allow me the pleasure of transferring my money to the store's account.

Of course he doesn't he glances at me a few times but doesn't take a single step to help me. The conversation goes on and on for at least 7 minutes. In which time another group of people have entered the store waited for him to address them and left in disgust over the amount of time it is taking. Then when he finally gets off the phone he finishes scanning my games without a single word of apology like he didn't just waste my time with that bullshit and starts to look for the innards of the boxes which again takes far far more time than it should as he checks each box at least twice.

So what was meant to be a quick 5 minute grab turned into a 20 minute debacle because of this guy who says absolutely nothing during the entire thing. Not a single word.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Dub, Cut -n- Paste and email the Retail company. No retailer wants a crap employee.

Honestly, I'd waited until he was off the phone and tell him to put those boxes back on the shelf.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously, GameStop is harsh on bad critisim recieved. The Area Director will get an email/phone call, then the General Manager. After that, it's some serious chewing out.

Lally

:tear:

I've always had trouble losing weight, and I've been trying so hard, I already feel completely hideous on my own and yet I keep being reminded that I said I would be at my goal a long time ago and I'm not yet. I don't know what else I can do. I'm watching what I eat except for special occasions and I'm exercising almost every day and it's still going so slow. I can't make it go any faster. I can't help it that it's so slow. :waah:

Simfers

Simfers

Damn it, work, let my girlfriend go home on time so she's not completely burned out and we can see each other! Not cool, work! Not cool at all. :slap:

Also, I split my pants, goddamn it. Nobody noticed, but it was still uncomfortable.

P

Poftoffel

My best friend dumped me when he got a girlfriend because she didn't like/trust me even though we have never met.
He's on vacation with her in Hungary.
I hope they're having lots of rain :twisted:

@Lally. Did you check if there are medical factors slowing down your weight loss? Also, first it goes fast...then slow as hell.
And I admire you for doing something about your weight. I can't get myself to that point yet.

phil

phil

Finally registered for classes. I'm taking two general electives, one of the last classes I need for my minor and my last science class. If everything goes my way, I can graduate in May, and in a worst case scenario I graduate next summer.

It's nice to see the end in sight.

Lally

Poftoffel said:
@Lally. Did you check if there are medical factors slowing down your weight loss? Also, first it goes fast...then slow as hell.
And I admire you for doing something about your weight. I can't get myself to that point yet.
I appreciate it. :) I don't have health insurance, so I haven't been to the doctor in a really long time, but I'm 100% sure my weight is my own doing. My weight trouble started when I got hurt playing softball in high school and I sat on my butt as much as possible for a few months... when I worked a retail job walking around all the time I shed the weight, but then I got a job working in a call center, sitting on my butt and eating for 40 hours a week, and on top of that I was going through a lot of rough family stuff, and did a lot of comfort eating. I gained a LOT of weight (I mean a LOT), and I have spent the last three years trying to lose it. From the summer of 2006 until this past winter I lost about 100 pounds, and then (once again) some crappy family stuff happened and I got derailed from my weight loss plan and gained about 35 back in like 6 months. So I decided rather than let myself gain it all back I was going to get back on the right track, which I did in June, but it's coming off so slowly, and I just get really frustrated. And then I get really down on myself for letting myself get in the situation in the first place, and it's a crappy cycle.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Lally said:

I've always had trouble losing weight, and I've been trying so hard, I already feel completely hideous on my own and yet I keep being reminded that I said I would be at my goal a long time ago and I'm not yet. I don't know what else I can do. I'm watching what I eat except for special occasions and I'm exercising almost every day and it's still going so slow. I can't make it go any faster. I can't help it that it's so slow. :waah:
Poftoffel has a point Lally. For example: I have hypothyroid, I gain calories at 2x the rate of normal people and lose it 2x slower. I've only managed to stay at my healthy weights by really cutting my food portions into 4 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large ones (even if they're health food) and exercising 2x a day (once in the morning before work and once after). Mostly doing fat burn exercises and routines over toning and strength.

Lally

Shegokigo said:
I gain calories at 2x the rate of normal people and lose it 2x slower.
That actually pretty much sounds exactly like me. :bush: Maybe it's just a self-esteem thing, but I always assumed it was my own fault. Hm. Maybe once I have health insurance again I'll get it checked out. Do you find yourself having any other symptoms as a result of it besides trouble with your weight?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I know your pain Lally. I actually mentioned it here in the old thread, but I spent a year doing some serious dieting but didn't lost anything. The 7/30 post on my Tumblr has the transcript of the post. I really don't have any advice except don't feel bad... at least you know if you lost any weight. I'll be left in the dark for awhile yet on whether mine is working or not.

Lally

AshburnerX said:
I know your pain Lally. I actually mentioned it here in the old thread, but I spent a year doing some serious dieting but didn't lost anything. The 7/30 post on my Tumblr has the transcript of the post. I really don't have any advice except don't feel bad... at least you know if you lost any weight. I'll be left in the dark for awhile yet on whether mine is working or not.
I actually remember you posting that... a similar thing happened to me when I first started dieting a few years ago. I had been dieting and thinking I was doing great and then I weighed myself on a different scale it and it was so much heavier (like 30 pounds heavier). We ended up figuring out that the scale I had been using was broken (everyone was weighing lighter on it), but it was still really disheartening when it happened. I hope you figure out what's going on with your weight loss soon.

P

Poftoffel

Lally said:
I appreciate it. :) I don't have health insurance, so I haven't been to the doctor in a really long time, but I'm 100% sure my weight is my own doing. My weight trouble started when I got hurt playing softball in high school and I sat on my butt as much as possible for a few months... when I worked a retail job walking around all the time I shed the weight, but then I got a job working in a call center, sitting on my butt and eating for 40 hours a week, and on top of that I was going through a lot of rough family stuff, and did a lot of comfort eating. I gained a LOT of weight (I mean a LOT), and I have spent the last three years trying to lose it. From the summer of 2006 until this past winter I lost about 100 pounds, and then (once again) some crappy family stuff happened and I got derailed from my weight loss plan and gained about 35 back in like 6 months. So I decided rather than let myself gain it all back I was going to get back on the right track, which I did in June, but it's coming off so slowly, and I just get really frustrated. And then I get really down on myself for letting myself get in the situation in the first place, and it's a crappy cycle.
But there's still 65 pounds that's already gone! Wow! And don't let the past hold you down, I know what that's like. It's gone and it shouldn't spoil the new days! And you're still doing something about your situation, that's great.
(And you are not your weight. I really hate the way the world tries to force that upon people.)
I sound like Dr.Phil, but I really mean it!

@Shegokigo. Hypothyroid! That's what I was looking for. It runs in my family so usually when I hear people talk about slow weight loss I think of that. I don't have it myself, but I saw what a struggle it was for my grandma.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Lally said:
Shegokigo said:
That actually pretty much sounds exactly like me. :bush: Maybe it's just a self-esteem thing, but I always assumed it was my own fault. Hm. Maybe once I have health insurance again I'll get it checked out. Do you find yourself having any other symptoms as a result of it besides trouble with your weight?
http://www.cushings-help.com/images/thyroid1.jpg

That's pretty accurate.

Lally

Shegokigo said:
Lally said:
Shegokigo said:
http://www.cushings-help.com/images/thyroid1.jpg

That's pretty accurate.
Ahhh, thanks for the link. I'll probably still get myself checked out when I get insurance again but I doubt it's my thyroid. The only thing I can claim from that list is weight gain. And maybe forgetfulness. haha.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My roommates and I were having a friend over tonight to get drunk and say goodbye to the summer, but there's a fucking huge storm outside, we're under severe tornado warning, my one roommate is still in Toronto with his girlfriend, my other is still at HIS girlfriend's place, and our friend is in Hamilton.

I don't think I get to drink tonight. :humph:

Bubble181

Bubble181

To the people losing weight: good luck, and stick to it. Go you!
To Lally specifically: hey, you don't look that bad in the pictures :-P Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And, if and when you can, try to get some (semi-)professional help to balance things out. Sometimes it's weird things you aren't even minding that can have a huge effect; or you mgiht actually be doing things working at cross purposes (certain types of exercise come to mind - whenever I start exercising I gain weight instead of losing it. Lucky I'm not exactly overweight, I'd never have the will power to actualyl get anything off again). With even just one or two times seeing someone to work out a better exercise plan and/or dieting solution (I'm very much against strict dieting, and in favour of changing small things about habits, it mgiht be me), you might be able to get more/better results with less or equal time/money/denying-yourself-fun-stuff/whatever investment.

Shakey

Shakey

Damn cows. I'm watching my parents scottish highlanders and they keep pushing through the damn fence. Today they were about a half mile down the road. There's nothing like trying to chase a big ass bull with horns as long as your arm with a 4-wheeler. I don't think I would last very long if he decided to turn on me. One was missing for a couple hours, but magically showed up when I finally gave up looking. I think I have them fenced off in a good enough area now. Those bastards will push through anything though. Gotta get that electric fence working again.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Rant thread: The new rantness

I couldn't find a non-locked rant thread. Still getting used to it here, so sorry if I overlooked one.

My mom has degenerative disc disease. She just found out this morning. :( Fortunately, it's very treatable. She's just pissed about it. The thought of anything slowing her down makes her very upset. I hate thinking about my parents getting older, but I especially hate to think about mom slowing down. She's the glue of this family--and not just the immediate family. She's a mother to her dead sister's kids, and she's a mom to half of my friends.

Also, the fellow lost his wallet.

Crappy feelings all around on this, the first day of the fall semester. On a much lesser note, I might have to take a class I thought I could get out of, but that's the last thing on my mind.

General Specific

General Specific

I was going to post about it being my first day back at work after a week-long vacation, but that seems a little petty now.

Dave

Dave

I'm home sick today and doing more work for here and there than I ever do when I go into the office.

Vagabond

V.Bond

The 10:30 appointment that I had this morning was canceled as I was about to leave the house.

So, I could have been at work, making some moolah.

Instead, I'm here, tearing the place apart looking for my copy of Okami for the Wii.

At the very least I could still be asleep if they'd bothered to call earlier.

Wahad

Wahad

I'm home sick today and doing more work for here and there than I ever do when I go into the office.
Issues with the boards can wait. Sick it out if you need to, man.

Wasabi Poptart

Take a nap already! please :(

Gusto

Gusto

This new forum confuses and terrifies me.

Fun Size

Fun Size

This new forum confuses and terrifies me.
You're not the only one. I haven't seen this much awkward fumbling since I got a hold of Dave's prom videos.

Of course it didn't help that they were all in black and white. And silent. With those goofy cards in place of talking, with things like "Oh no! My zipper is stuck!". Man that sucked.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I'd love to enter HF one day, click on a thread I'm interested in, and have it not be one that involved someone baiting Shego, Shego taking the bait, and the point of the thread derailed once again into how ooo scary she is.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I'd love to enter HF one day, click on a thread I'm interested in, and have it not be one that involved someone baiting Shego, Shego taking the bait, and the point of the thread derailed once again into how ooo scary she is.

woooooouldn't it

be lovely

Rob King

Rob King

I feel the same way about guardrails. They're fairly ugly, but there are always other things to think about or look at. So even if I notice them and wish they wouldn't there, in twenty seconds I'm looking past them and into the trees I'm driving past.

I do that same sort of thing with a few forum shticks. Although I do admit that on an odd day I find them endearing, and I'll feed the animals a little.

My rant:

I had seven movies in my hands today. Seven. Some of them I have been waiting to see for months. Years, even. Some of them were big award winners, with potentially worldview-altering representations of events. But I picked up Step Brothers instead, on the recommendation of a friend.

It was a decently funny movie. But I feel a bit regretful. I could have rented that one on iTunes, and gotten Che: Part 1 for five dollars more.

On a brighter note, I finally saw The Last Starfighter. It was fun.

Espy

Espy

You know what is annoying? My PS3 has great sound when I play games or stream movies, etc. However, put a DVD or BR in it and the sound is SO QUIET. Why? Ugh... I have to buy a receiver just to send the sound to my other speakers...

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

______V me __________________V ZenM

I had seven movies in my hands today. Seven. Some of them I have been waiting to see for months. Years, even. Some of them were big award winners, with potentially worldview-altering representations of events. But I picked up Step Brothers instead, on the recommendation of a friend.

It was a decently funny movie. But I feel a bit regretful. I could have rented that one on iTunes, and gotten Che: Part 1 for five dollars more.

On a brighter note, I finally saw The Last Starfighter. It was fun.
Step Brothers is funny as hell, you ain't gotta watch important movies every day. Che Part 1 is really amazing though and got robbed of a few Oscar noms in my opinion.

Espy

Espy

You know, I was just so disappointed with Step Brothers. It looked funny but it wasn't anywhere near the brilliance of Talladaga Nights.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I was really looking forward to it too. A lot of little parts made me laugh, but the movie overall was only ok to me. Those 2 actors made a good team, though. The way they played off each other was cute.

Rob King

Rob King

Step Brothers is funny as hell, you ain't gotta watch important movies every day. Che Part 1 is really amazing though and got robbed of a few Oscar noms in my opinion.
Well, don't get me wrong. I'm mostly upset that I bought it. It was good, but it wasn't a movie I have any interest in watching again soon. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was still good.

There were other movies I'd have rathered spend my money on. I could have just rented Step Brother's. I need to get out of this habit of buying all my movies instead of renting some.

Espy

Espy

You know, when I was younger for some reason I REALLY thought it was important to buy movies instead of rent them... now that I'm a little older I feel like I was REALLY wrong.

Andromache

you mean this doesn't feel all nostalgic from back when you hated me?

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

you mean this doesn't feel all nostalgic from back when you hated me?
Nah, back in the day I just wasn't on to you. And I don't hate Shego. I'd just like to change the channel is all.

Twitch

woooooouldn't it

be lovely
Loverly?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

My last day off was Saturday.

My next day off...is Saturday. I need the hours, but I'm already tired and I still have the whole week to go.

Shawn

Shawn

RANT: I work too much. /RANT

Nile

Nile

There are not enough hours in the day.

I've already cut down to 3-4 hours of sleep, if that, and I still don't have time to do everything I want/need to do.

And school hasn't even started yet!

Fun Size

Fun Size

I fucking hate signing cards at the office. At best it feels insincere, like for a birthday card or whatever, but when something really awful happens to someone I actually like at work, I just don't feel like I can write anything that doesn't feel trite.

strawman

strawman

grargh!

-Adam

Bubble181

Bubble181

...she loves me not.
CRAP.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll get over it. Still, she's been a good friend of mine for years, and I have no idea how this'll impact our relationship. Blegh.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Eh, I didn't hear from her directly; technically, she doesn't know I have sort of a crush on her. Actually, she may really not know, and I may be misinterpreting stuff. Still, not worth pursuing now.
Basically, several of our friends have been trying to couple us for a while now - it started off as innocent jokes and such, but it can be get quite annoying by now. Honestly - booking 4 double hotel rooms for three couples and us? Not cool -_-. Anyway, a mutual friend of ours (her best friend), who knows I have a crush on her, sort-of-innocently inquired about all the coupling jokes, and she replied she thinks they're incredibly annoying and that people really shouldn't look for anything there, she certainly doesn't, and she hopesI don't, either.
Soooooo.....yeah.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yes, so that she wouldn't have to put up ith you in her guest room :-p
And I know, but I got a pretty much verbatim account of the conversation. Either she (the friend)'s misinterpreting her (my crush) reaction, or it's a big no. And I happen to really trust this mutual friend of ours. Eh.

...and weren't you Chinese?!

But yeah, I'm currently half-way to convincing myself I need to talk to her about it myself. I'm masochistic enough that I'll end up doing so, but not after first hurting myself a week or so by imagining all the worst case scenarios - and, of course, convincing myslef they'll happen, which is a huge self-fulfilling prophecy anyway. Egh.

Bubble181

Bubble181

A part of my job is hurling chickens at 600 km/h at our glass.

You lucky, lucky bastard.

I vote you invite everyone who posts in this thread with a serious rant over and let them work out their frustrations for a while :-P

Rob King

Rob King

firing the air cannon isn't as fun as firing a gun. If you really want to hit something to get rid of frustration find the Dog Brothers. of course they can get a little rough.

but yes. If anyone finds themselves in China I may or may not be able to let you watch a chicken turn into liquid. (I'm not sure of this) I also have videos of it.
OMW!!

Not actually.

Dave

Dave

Someone stole my fracking windshield wipers! How did I find out? Almost wrecking my car on the way to work in a pouring rain. Bastards!

I wish I knew when it happened.

Gusto

Gusto

Someone stole my fracking windshield wipers! How did I find out? Almost wrecking my car on the way to work in a pouring rain. Bastards!

That is fucking ridiculous.

strawman

strawman

Grrr. I dislike being sick. I was hoping it was just an annoying one or two day thing, but my sore throat is worse today - not better.

-Adam

Wahad

Wahad

That is fucking ridiculous.
No kidding. What the fuck can you do with stolen windshield wipers? I don't think there's a big market for that.

Have any idea who could possibly have done it to spite you?

Dave

Dave

No kidding. What the fuck can you do with stolen windshield wipers? I don't think there's a big market for that.

Have any idea who could possibly have done it to spite you?
Don't know. All I know is it's raining and I have to go get my paycheck for lunch or I don't eat.

kaykordeath

Wife has been out of work since January.

Found the PERFECT job posting, applied, and got called in for an interview in fairly short measure. The person who set up the interview and the interviewer both made it seem like they were looking to fill the job ASAP. It seemed fairly clear that wifey's experience matched up to exactly what they needed....

And yet it's been over a week since that interview, the job has been re-posted, and yet no word from them if they are A) still evaluating applicants, B) still considering her C) no longer considering her D) having any sort of clue about what they really want or how much they do or don't want to fill the job.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

That's been my problem for months: Not getting any sort of feedback from people I apply with.

Andromache

to be fair, HR employees are just as overworked as the rest of the working poor, and likely swamped, wouldn't you think?

P

Poftoffel

This new forum and all it's features are still confusing me :(

Cuyval Dar

People who are confused by it confuse me.

P

Poftoffel

People who are confused by it confuse me.
People who are confused by me being confused confuse me.

kaykordeath

to be fair, HR employees are just as overworked as the rest of the working poor, and likely swamped, wouldn't you think?
As a former HR employee, I'd almost agree...

Except that this is a small company that doesn't so much have an HR department or even employee as they have an individual hiring manager trying to fill this seemingly new position.

And swamped is one thing, but a complete and utter lack of any communication is frustrating.

Doubled by how perfect this job would be for her....

Shakey

Shakey

When I order a replacement for a PC we use to scan transactions, I expect that we'll get a PC that will scan transactions. It really bugs the living hell out of me when I find out we can't, and we'll have to pay $200 an hour to have them set it up so we can. I'm too damn tired to deal with a sales rep today though.

Enresshou

Enresshou

First text I get from my girlfriend (who works at a vet clinic) this morning: "So we're spaying a pregnant cat today...I can feel the kittens moving around in her belly."

Next text: "Funny story...the doctor aborted the kittens, but now had a change of heart and is trying to save them."

:(

EDIT: New text from her: "Well, we're trying everything we can...they were only a few days from being born."

FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE IDIOTS! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WAIT UNTIL SHE WAS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH TO SPAY YOUR CAT!?!?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

First text I get from my girlfriend (who works at a vet clinic) this morning: "So we're spaying a pregnant cat today...I can feel the kittens moving around in her belly."

Next text: "Funny story...the doctor aborted the kittens, but now had a change of heart and is trying to save them."

EDIT: New text from her: "Well, we're trying everything we can...they were only a few days from being born."

FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE IDIOTS! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WAIT UNTIL SHE WAS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH TO SPAY YOUR CAT!?!?
I don't see the humor in that story at all. :|

Cuyval Dar

That's way too depressing.

Gusto

Gusto

Good Lord.

Krisken

Krisken

People are awful sometimes :(

Cuyval Dar

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Update: "Well, we're hoping hard. Because they were so close to term, we're hoping. At least they're breathing and moving right now, and they even ate a little bit."

Still wish to go and either spay/neuter their owner as well.

Cuyval Dar

I'll help you.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll help with the neutering too. Poor animals :(

Silvanesti

fuck, thats fucking sick.

on an unreleated note:

By body feels like its falling apart, and I am losing my mind... I can feel it.

Math242

Math242

Actually no. We're just plain evil people

Andromache

Actually no. We're just plain evil people
you have no avatar here, therefore you are not a person at all. Get back to work, drone.

figmentPez

figmentPez

AAARGH!!!! :facepalm:

I was cutting my hair today, and I got tired and disracted, and forgot to put the trimmer guard back on at one point...

FAIL!

Now to go see what I can salvage.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

You can't. I did the exact same thing not a weeks ago. Now, I'm pig shaved too.

figmentPez

figmentPez

You can't. I did the exact same thing not a weeks ago. Now, I'm pig shaved too.
You're right, there's nothing left. I was hoping there'd be maybe an eighth of an inch or so, but there wasn't even that. I had to just buzz my whole head to get it even. Oh well, it'll be back in a couple weeks.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Fuck you, random panic attack! You're a stupid pooty-head!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I usually keep a chocolate bar or something with me for occasions such as those, Cheesy. The endorphin rush it gives me helps even out the panic attack, making it manageable. As a result, however, I've come to HATE chocolate, because I'm unconsciously associating it with the panic attacks... it just doesn't taste right anymore.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Thankfully for me, they're not a common occurence. I get them maybe once a year, but they still freak me out everytime. I got them a lot near the end of college when I stressing out. Luckily I've learned to recognize them and am able to do a little slow-breathing technique to calm myself down. For some reason, they always happen when I'm driving, which makes them even more scary.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And THAT right there is the reason why it's taking me so long to learn to drive.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

My mother fed the fucking troll. :explode:

Rob King

Rob King

I messaged a friend of mine the other week on Facebook ... I've mentioned him before. He's the one who was charged with Sexual Misconduct, or something like that.

Anyways. I just got a reply from his father. His sentencing wasn't mid-September like I had thought. It was last week. He's awaiting transfer from the lockup to Her Majesty's Penitentiary in the city.

Balls.

At least he's near-ish. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange visits now. I would assume his father would know. But still ...

Balls.

Bubble181

Bubble181

My mother fed the fucking troll. :explode:
...She's posting here these days, too? :-P

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

No, a family troll. She fucked everything up. I'm pretty glad I'm across the country from her right at this moment. (I'll get over it.)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ah, sorry to hear it.

Ross

Ross

I've been looking hard for a roommate for the last month now, and no one decent has been interested and/or able to come see me in person. Everyone my age wants to fucking be downtown, but I hate the college town, so I went a bit further east. I've even offered to pay more than half the rent, and now I've gone to the point of asking "responsible" smokers and people twice my age if they want to lease the extra room+bath.

It's a GREAT deal for what they're getting, and yet no one seems to be interested. Fuck.

Anyone here want to move to east Raleigh?

Rob King

Rob King

Somebody needs to re-establish a standard in television. I'm getting irritated with stuff shot in wide screen, with black bars on the top, displayed on a wide screen television that thinks it's 3:4, and adds more black bars to the sides.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I'm only twenty-three years old, and yet everyone I know is either getting married, having kids, or going off and having life changing adventures like Caine from Kung-fu. I feel like an old man. :(

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm only twenty-three years old, and yet everyone I know is either getting married, having kids, or going off and having life changing adventures like Caine from Kung-fu. I feel like an old man. :(
I know the feeling. It sucks, growing up, doesn't it? But be careful or you'll get half the forum over you telling you you'red still young but your friendds are just transitioning into the next stage of whatever. Blegh.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I turn 30 this month. I live with my parents, have no job and poor health (of unknown cause). Still, I only feel like an old man because my muscles and joints ache, I can't sleep through the night, and I have memory issues. Wait, where was I going with this? No, seriously, I have no idea. There's no way saying this is going to make either you or me feel better, so what the hell did I come in here for?

:tumbleweed:

Bubble181

Bubble181

To rant, obviously.

As for me, for the first time in about a year or so, I'm really lonely. I've been alone for a while - living alone, with crappy hours at work, so I don't really see that much of friends and family, whatever - but I was just alone. Now I'm lonely. Whole different feeling. And how do I react? By secluding myself further -_-.

Silvanesti

Its now been a week alone in the 'new' apartment. My girlfriend helped me find the new place, move in and we were able to spend the entire summer togeather. Last week she had to move back for school.

I have been so fucking mopey its rather pathetic, but I just dont feel like doing anything. I hate this place at times, i just keep being reminded of her.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'm usually not a fan of country, but this song pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment and what I wish I could do to make it go away:

Silvanesti

good idea. where the fuck is the drunk thread? did it make it over from the move?

LittleSin

LittleSin

You know its getting bad when you can't really afford groceries.

Fuck.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Grrr, stupid Comcast. My internet was out most of the afternoon.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

God damnit, rain! RAIN! All this dryness is driving my allergies into overdrive! I'm tired of waking up with bloody noses!

Gusto

Gusto

I cannot fucking wait til the weekend.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Two more days of work then I can forget about all this stress and loneliness and moping for four wonderful, drunk days.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I CAN RELATE TO THIS SENTIMENT

Silvanesti

I CAN RELATE TO THIS SENTIMENT[/QUOTE]

I TOO AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT

Gusto

Gusto

I TOO AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT[/QUOTE]

WE ARE IN AGREEMENT THEN

Frank

Frankie Williamson

My entire body aches from 14 hours of moving some friends out of their house and into a new one. Flight after flight of stairs carrying pile of shit after pile of shit. Ugh, If there's anything I can think of that's worse than moving, I may just kill myself. I'm going to be an old man tomorrow. This is worse than the time a bunch of us at the station tried the 300 workout. Let me tell you, if any criminal had tried to make me run that night, I would have just shot him in the back.

Silvanesti

WE ARE IN AGREEMENT THEN[/QUOTE]

FUCK YES, AGREEMENT. :toocool:

Terrik

Terrik

FUCK YES, AGREEMENT. :toocool:[/QUOTE]

RANT: I DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR AGREEMENT

Silvanesti

FUCK YES, AGREEMENT. :toocool:[/QUOTE]

RANT: I DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR AGREEMENT[/QUOTE]

FUUUUUUUUUU

Bubble181

Bubble181

Fuck the weekend. I can't wait 'till we're sometime next month or so.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

MY BACK OH GOD THE PAIN WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO MY BACK

..Ahem.

So I think every muscle in my back just spasmed at once and fuck does it hurt.

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Let me tell you, if any criminal had tried to make me run that night, I would have just shot him in the back.
:rofl:

T

Tribulator

I'm going to break free from my lurking to RAAAANT!

One hell of a day yesterday. Got a call from someone who doesn't speak english asking for me... most people would ignore it as a telemarketer selling vitamins nobody should ever take, however, in my wonderful world, my mother 4 years ago ran off to Egypt to marry some random dude she met on the internet. Anyway, it's this random dude, whom I believe is now an ex-husband of hers, trying to explain in a mixture of english and arabic (I think a little bit of welsh was thrown in there for good measure as well) about how he found my mom sitting on the street talking to people who weren't there. Of course, mental hospital she goes... a mental hospital in Cairo of all places.

At that point, already, I want nothing to do with it. Dealt with it before, got sick of it years ago.

Of course, nothing in life is ever simple.

The good ol US Embassy of Cairo is now involved. Once again, I can't get the facts straight because I can't understand the dude, but the jist of things after talking to a FEW people from different areas of the situation is that she's being shipped back to the US in a few days. How it got to that point? Can't seem to get that answer out of anyone.

Trying to call the US Embassy of Cairo there, which is of course an international number... and skype seems to have a shit connection to it. I wasted about 6 dollars in skype credit trying to get through because my calls kept dropping, or they couldn't hear me, I couldn't hear them. You know, the usual stuff that happens when you're calling a US Embassy about your wack job of a fucking mother.

Finally got through and basically, her "caretakers" (whomever the hell they are) got all the paperwork through to send her back here. Once again, not exactly sure how it got to that point, I only had 4 dollars left in skype credit, and with my prior luck trying to get a connection to stay

Big problem with that. Nobody has the facilities to take care of her. She has not a damn dime, she's a mess. Her mother? Open heart surgery...tomorrow... for the second time in a year. Not that she has any space where she lives, or any money/time to feed and keep this lady under her watch. Me? Can barely afford to feed myself. My brother? He spends most of the year under the sea (not in a yellow pinapple, sadly, but a submarine). Other family has not wanted anything to do with her for years.

So now, as opposed to focusing on shit that needs to get done for me at the time being, I'm contacting international embassies and various other US services trying to figure out what the hell I need to do with this damned lady. Running through a bunch of options, but none of them as simple as "Sign here and be done with it for another year or two".

One day I hope to have children and I hope their mothers a bitch. And every time they complain about their mother being a bitch, I can bring up the shit like this and shut them up.

I've been (and shall continue to be) tribulated.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Completely insignificant: in the sample I tried on my wall, the paint was a nice light grey. Now that my whole living room's done, it turns out to be grey with a nice hazy pink touch to it. Personally, I wouldn't say it's ugly, honestly, but, as a guy living alone, I didn't really need a pink-tinged living room -_-

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The ladies will love it. Don't worry about it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh my GOD, Trib.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

wow

huh

suddenly, I have it pretty well and really shouldn't be in this thread

Enresshou

Enresshou

Yay projectile vomiting.

Simfers

Simfers

You know, I had some ranting I wanted to do, but then I read Tribulator's post and told myself to shut the fuck up. Trib, I hope everything works out somehow.

Jake

Jake

It's a blow to my pride as a do-it-yourselfer, but I broke down and got a crew (that doesn't have a super grasp of English, for the most part) to paint all the trim and windows and whatnot in my house. Now all of our shit is crowded into the middle of the rooms and covered in plastic. For some reason, we didn't anticipate this, so we let my mother come and kidnap the kids for the weekend for the first time ever, which feels really weird. But we do get to go have a wine-drenched slumber party at our friends' house tonight, so in the end... win?

phil

phil

GAH!

I did the assignment, which was easy as hell. It was a gimmie grade! I just forgot to e-mail it in until 20 minutes after it was due! Of course they'll never believe that I did it last night and just didn't e-mail it because what kinda moron would do it, and not e-mail it immediately after completing it?

oy. I'm going to go walk my dog and come home and drink.

phil

phil

HOLY SHIT there was a huge fight outside a frat house about a block away from where I live. I ended up calling the cops on the whole thing. I got the in-depth story in my halforums blog, but the TL;DR version is thus: One loud mouth drunk asshole instigated a fight between about 40. He's a rush too, so I'm guessing he blew his chance on getting in.

Rob King

Rob King

I had a rant typed, about the homecare case I'm working tonight, but the thrust of it was basically "I sure wish the government would buy me an HDTV and PS3."

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You think that's bad? My friend (yes, the one you ALL know about) is barely scrapping together money for food and rent... and yet she had money for a new iPhone and a trip to PAX. It's less than a week before her next court date too... if she had that kind of money to spend, she could have gotten a real lawyer instead of that public assigned one she received. *facepalm*

Rob King

Rob King

You think that's bad? My friend (yes, the one you ALL know about) is barely scrapping together money for food and rent... and yet she had money for a new iPhone and a trip to PAX. It's less than a week before her next court date too... if she had that kind of money to spend, she could have gotten a real lawyer instead of that public assigned one she received. *facepalm*
Wow.

I'm trying to convince myself that it's a privilege to struggle for the things I have in my life. But is the sense of personal accomplishment enough to outweigh the pleasure of having things handed to you on a silver platter?

It feels like a Ducktales morality tale about the value of a hard-earned dollar or something, which I'm just a little too hesitant to swallow.

Rob King

Rob King

Am I the only one who uses this thread anymore? Oh well.

Rant: For the love of Fuck! I'm over her. It's not even just something I say. I seriously have moved on. I mean, if she wandered into my room one dark and stormy night, I'm not saying I'd kick her out. But I am seriously not interested in pursuing her for a relationship in any way shape or form anymore.

Then why in the hell did I just throw up when I saw on Facebook that she's in a relationship now?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Rant: For the love of Fuck! I'm over her. It's not even just something I say. I seriously have moved on. I mean, if she wandered into my room one dark and stormy night, I'm not saying I'd kick her out. But I am seriously not interested in pursuing her for a relationship in any way shape or form anymore.

Then why in the hell did I just throw up when I saw on Facebook that she's in a relationship now?
Because it's a relationship with Ron Jeremy?

Simfers

Simfers

Maybe you ate some bad shellfish?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Go with his answer. It's better than having to even consider someone being in a relationship with Ron Jeremy.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I wish I'd either get sick or go back to "normal" already. The Battle of the White Cells is taking its toll.

Dusty668

Damn you Judgemental Firefox!!!!

Damn you!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm annoyed with my car. I'm calling my guy tomorrow to see if I can bring it in, but until then I have to puzzle over this weird groaning noise my brakes are making and the squeaking noise that occurs when my wheels are moving. I JUST got a brake job and other stuff done, too. I'll find out what's wrong tomorrow, but I hate waiting. Until then, there's always the improved bus system.

Silvanesti

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

822 to fix my car. Money I hardly have.

strawman

strawman

-Adam

Krisken

Krisken

My favorite cousin, who lived with my family for a year 15 years ago and is my mothers god-son, is in jail for sexually molesting my 11 year old niece, who is my god-daughter.

Sometimes there is no good conclusion in a situation.

Andromache

My favorite cousin, who lived with my family for a year 15 years ago and is my mothers god-son, is in jail for sexually molesting my 11 year old niece, who is my god-daughter.

erg.

*hugs*

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Holy crap...:eek:

That is horrible. I'm sorry.

Silvanesti

-Adam[/QUOTE]

i think i love you

JCM

*ouch*

If he's guilty, I hope he gets what he deserves.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Been there, just started talking to my last ex yesterday, but every time she mentioned the guy she's with now I got a little :( for a minute. Talking to her isn't weird but knowing there's someone else more important in her life now...I dunno, it's hard to describe.

As for my manbaw, I met a pretty awesome girl at Dragoncon and will likely never see her again. I was also getting along really well with another girl who I've known since I got out here, pretty much, but not only is she taken (and her current boyfriend is an awesome dude), but she's my roommate's ex. So I'm trying to put that one out of my mind as soon as possible.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Been there, just started talking to my last ex yesterday, but every time she mentioned the guy she's with now I got a little :( for a minute. Talking to her isn't weird but knowing there's someone else more important in her life now...I dunno, it's hard to describe.[/QUOTE]

It's the feeling of being replaced... the feeling that you are so disposable that she was able to find someone that was able to fulfill all of your niches with her and may in fact be happier with that person. That you not a unique person, and never were, and the realization of this hurts. That's the mean main reason it hurts so much for me to talk to my friend: She doesn't understand why I'd feel like that or that she's been doing things to MAKE me feel that way. It's a lot better than it used to be, but it's still there.

My advice? Ether stop being around her completely or get used to the pain. It's not going to go away for a long time unless you can see something in yourself that makes you better than the person who replaced you, or you find happiness with someone else. Whatever you do, don't dwell on your insecurity like I do or your going to end up in a vicious cycle of self loathing.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I have about 10 painful bumps on my tongue with new ones growing each day. I think I'm allergic to my new toothpaste... so I stopped using it.

My left hand smells like a mix between old cigar smoke and metal. No, I did not have a couple of stogies with Megatron last night.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I know that feeling all too well, and I hope you get through it as I have.

strawman

strawman

Work blocked halforums. iPhone not as easy to use. <sigh>

-Adam

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I have about 10 painful bumps on my tongue with new ones growing each day. I think I'm allergic to my new toothpaste... so I stopped using it.

My left hand smells like a mix between old cigar smoke and metal. No, I did not have a couple of stogies with Megatron last night.
Those might be fever blisters. Those can be painful... I tend to get them if I don't brush my teeth regularly.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Those might be fever blisters. Those can be painful... I tend to get them if I don't brush my teeth regularly.
That's just the thing. I brush my teeth regularly (kinda paranoid about cavities) but these tiny tongue pimples keep showing up! Some are infected tastebuds I think, but then others are on the sides of my tongue.

I really think it's a toothpaste allergy (although this has never happened) because I used the last bit of toothpaste from my last tube last night and it feels the same and not worse.

I've had them before one at a time when I ate popcorn with a lot of salt or had a bag of candy (CURSE YOU HALLOWEEN) but to have 20ish over the past few weeks? Ugh...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

That's just the thing. I brush my teeth regularly (kinda paranoid about cavities) but these tiny tongue pimples keep showing up! Some are infected tastebuds I think, but then others are on the sides of my tongue.

I really think it's a toothpaste allergy (although this has never happened) because I used the last bit of toothpaste from my last tube last night and it feels the same and not worse.

I've had them before one at a time when I ate popcorn with a lot of salt or had a bag of candy (CURSE YOU HALLOWEEN) but to have 20ish over the past few weeks? Ugh...[/QUOTE]

If they are forming along the sides of your tongue where it meets the teeth, it's probably fever blisters. You don't have to stop brushing for them to show up... it can happen with illness as well. You using mouth wash? That helps a lot. Still, if your concerned about it, go see a doctor.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yikes, Krisken. I don't really see an good ending, but I hope you find it anyway.

V: too bad you didn't, that'd have been fun, no?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

New juski doodle: me smokin' some stogies with Megatron. Shootin' the shit and all.

Gusto

Gusto

New juski doodle: me smokin' some stogies with Megatron. Shootin' the shit and all.[/QUOTE]

YO BRAH DON'T BOGGART THE ROBO STOGIE

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

New juski doodle: me smokin' some stogies with Megatron. Shootin' the shit and all.[/quote]

YO BRAH DON'T BOGGART THE ROBO STOGIE[/QUOTE]
's cool man. Chill. Why you gotta do a thing?

Bubble181

Bubble181

New juski doodle: me smokin' some stogies with Megatron. Shootin' the shit and all.[/quote]

YO BRAH DON'T BOGGART THE ROBO STOGIE[/QUOTE]
's cool man. Chill. Why you gotta do a thing?[/QUOTE]

Whoa dude. Chillax.

Krisken

Krisken

Thanks everyone for your support. Part of me wants to not believe her and give him the benefit of the doubt, but she's not the type of girl to make things up. Since his father shot himself when he was 4, we're worried he might kill himself. I guess I want to support my niece by not treating her any differently and believing her, and support my cousin by trying to get him the help he needs.

The whole thing is really rough for my sister since they've been best friends for years.

Bubble181

Bubble181

On, once again, a completely insignificant level compared to some others here (I know my life is technically really pretty good, damn it. Depression doesn't listen to reason):

Some may remember my blood pressure was waaayyy too high last year around December - causedm ostly by emotional issues and stuff. It's been on the rise againn, quite steadily, for the past week and a half - nicely coinciding with "since I admitted to having feelings for, and being shot down by, one of my best friends". I really hope it'll blow over; my BP's at 15.8 over 13.7 at rest right now. :-/

Lally

My boyfriend and I are both flu-stricken and neither of us can sleep. He is feverish and feeling like crap (so why can't he sleep?). I don't think I have a fever anymore (I am on the way to getting better, he is in the worst of it), but I have an outrageous sinus headache and I'm still wheezy and coughing. Now I'm hungry. I JUST WANT TO SLEEEEEEP ARRRRRGH.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm sorry y'all can't sleep. :( Sometimes, no matter how weary and terrible you feel, illness does that. It's hard to get comfortable. Plus, I don't know about you, but for me, weird and disturbing dreams accompany a fever.

Gusto

Gusto

Whenever I sleep with my girlfriend (read: actually sleep) I always get sore in the morning and wake up several times in the night. Am I just not used to sharing a bed?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Probably. Same experience here. I never used to sleep more than 2 hours at a time when the fellow and I started sleeping in the same bed. No problems now... except when I take all his covers. :p He's started using his own blanket when he comes to visit. (sorry, jake)

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I'm the opposite. I can't sleep without him in the bed. When he stays up a bit later than me, I stay awake until he gets there.

RANT: I FORGOT MY DAMN LUNCH BECAUSE KODO WOULDN'T STOP MEWING AT ME WHEN I TRIED TO LEAVE THIS MORNING AAAAAA I SHOULD HAVE EATED HIM

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe that was cat talk for "don't forget your lunch."

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Whenever I sleep with my girlfriend (read: actually sleep) I always get sore in the morning and wake up several times in the night. Am I just not used to sharing a bed?
I had this exact same problem for a while. That coupled with me almost never being able to go back to sleep.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Always had similar problems. She likes to cuddle. I like to lie on my stomach and stretch out.

Gusto

Gusto

I like to cuddle a bit too but not when I'm trying to SLEEP.

Plus my bed is kinda small (only a twin) and I'm a lanky dude. I needs ta STRETCH OUT.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Is she a succubus? Have you ever asked? You know, a lot of people get all excited about the prospect of a relationship without proper vetting, and it leads to things like this.

Gusto

Gusto

Is she a succubus? Have you ever asked? You know, a lot of people get all excited about the prospect of a relationship without proper vetting, and it leads to things like this.[/QUOTE]

She doesn't have any sort of succubus song that I've noticed, that I could turn against her by singing backwards.

So probably not.

:paranoid:

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Maybe that was cat talk for "don't forget your lunch."
Awww... now I feel bad for my rage...

:slywink:

Andromache

It was a cat.

"FUCK YOU HUMAN! FUCK YOU AND DIE! also hey, um, could you scratch the area right above my tail? FUCK YOU HUMAN! I AM A CAT! I WAS DECLARED A FUCKING GOD! HEY I WAS JUST ROLLING IN SOME SMELLY SHIT, LET ME WIPE IT OFF BY WINDING THROUGH YOUR LEGS! YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID."

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

It was a cat.

"FUCK YOU HUMAN! FUCK YOU AND DIE! also hey, um, could you scratch the area right above my tail? FUCK YOU HUMAN! I AM A CAT! I WAS DECLARED A FUCKING GOD! HEY I WAS JUST ROLLING IN SOME SMELLY SHIT, LET ME WIPE IT OFF BY WINDING THROUGH YOUR LEGS! YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID."
OMFG

THIS IS SO TRUE

Fun Size

Fun Size

I suck at posting comics, and yet this seems so appropriate right here:

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp09092009.shtml

Jake

Jake

We're looking to relocate out of the city to get a bigger house and yard in a less busy area with better schools (and also bank some money, since my 401k is shit). The bars, restaurants, music, coffee houses, etc. within walking distance were great a few years ago, but our spawn are cramping our style. So getting a house ready to put on the market is stressful enough (how did all these little imperfections escape our notice till now?), but having little people about makes it a fair bit harder.

We like the areas to the north and west, but the schools are far superior in the county to the south. Which is, of course, more expensive overall and also farther from my job. Plus, the houses tend to be those cheap vinyl-clad suburban nightmares with no character whatsoever that give me the willies. And the yards seem to be smaller (but still larger than what we have now, at least). Bonus: it's apparently where all the conservatives in the metro area live.

So we'll probably find something that's okay and bite the bullet. Won't someone think of the children and all that. :humph:

Wasabi Poptart

Yes. When my husband is gone, I get used to having the bed to myself and start sleeping spread out completely across our queen-sized bed. when he comes home, I have to get used to staying on my side only and for the first few days I am terribly uncomfortable. Add to it that he wants to hug and cuddle me during the night and I don't get much good sleep.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I like to cuddle a bit too but not when I'm trying to SLEEP.
Either you'll get used to it, or you won't, and if you don't, it's no big deal. There have been studies showing people can sleep worse when they sleep with a partner.

Mr. ZM is a big tank of a guy who gives off BTUs like a space heater and snores. I'm a chronically ill insomniac. It's not often that we sleep in the same bed, but we spend as much time cuddling and pillow-talking AND SO FORTH as if we did.

Enresshou

Enresshou

I'm sorry y'all can't sleep. :( Sometimes, no matter how weary and terrible you feel, illness does that. It's hard to get comfortable. Plus, I don't know about you, but for me, weird and disturbing dreams accompany a fever.
Agreed. Pretty much the only time I ever take Nyquil is when I have a fever, because--if I don't--I end up sleeping fitfully, waking up, hallucinating that the dream's continuing, then falling back asleep into the dream and repeating it all night.

Last time, I had a dream I was in a junkyard in a dry, dusty wasteland; ghosts were telling me that I'd be here forever, and husks of cars and hunks of metal kept appearing. I'd wake up, and see all the husks of metal filling my room, then fall back asleep and keep wandering through the wasteland. Blegh.

strawman

strawman

The conversation was as follows:

Me: "Micah. Why did you swallow the penny?"

Micah: "Because when it was not in my mouth, my mouth felt funny."

:facepalm:

I expect little change tomorrow.

-Adam

Rob King

Rob King

Sounds like he was a staunch Obama supporter.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

All out of plastic forks... eating leftover shake'n bake chicken with veggies with a spoon....

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, I run a tinwhistle website. I get a bit over 2 million hits a year.

Some guy sends me spam about this tinwhistle tutorial book/cd he's published, and asks me to sell it "in my shops'. Clearly it's spam mail he's sent out to every irish music website he could find. I have no shops, so I delete the mail.

He sent it again today, so I asked him to take me off of his email list.

He replied back, all hurt and bitter, that he expected a "more friendly reaction from a fellow musician and whistler..."

This is my reply to him:
Jules,

When I first got the email, I considered a 'friendly response'. I often receive emails from fans of my web page (which gets around 2 million hits a year), or from tin whistle manufacturers seeking to have me review their whistles. I try to respond to every one of these emails.

As I read the email about your tinwhistle CD tutorial, I wondered if perhaps you wanted me to review it for my website. However, once I reached your plea of "I hope you are interested to sell these products in your shops.", I realized that you were sending me targeted advertising in a generic format. In reality, the email wasn't a personal plea or missive from the general public, but rather, generic targeted email, which you probably sent to as many musically related websites and stores as you could locate. No harm, no foul there. If I were selling a tutorial, I might do much of the same kind of thing.

You should know that I don't really sell anything on my website, and anyone who's been to my website for more than a cursory glance would probably have realized it. I have no "shops" to put anything into, so your plea of really doesn't apply to me or my site. So, I chalked your email up to well-targeted advertising and didn't bother to respond. I often receive targeted advertisements in my email box from firms in China and Pakistan trying to sell cheap instruments. I don't respond to these either.

Then, you sent the exact same message a few days later. This elevates your well-targeted advertising to the level of spam. Since it was the exact same email, and it seemed that it was a blanket effort, I felt that a simple request to be removed from the list would suffice. I never imagined that someone who was spamming me would take umbrage if I requested that they desist, especially when I asked politely. I even used the word "please". Twice. However, I do apologize if I tread on any sensitive feelings, or caused you any emotional discomfort. Likewise, I regret if my request for you to send me no more such emails caused you any feelings of hurt or rejection. It wasn't meant as a personal slight toward you, and I am sure that you are a very fine person.

That said, it would be gracious and kind of you if you could remove me from your marketing email list. I do not wish to receive any more advertisements from you concerning the tutorial book/CD, as I have no shop to sell it in. I apologize in advance if this request causes you emotional turmoil, but I really must insist. The fact that I play tinwhistle, and you are selling a tinwhistle product does not create enough of a bond between us for me to acquiesce to receiving further unwanted emails advertising a product that I cannot take advantage of, namely the resale of your whistle tutorial product. While I am sure it is a very fine product, I simply have no market to sell it to: My website has no shopping cart, and I sell no products. Nor do I have a physical storefront. I suppose I could open a street-side stand and sell your tutorial, and use my own years of tinwhistle playing to lure in paying customers, but perhaps this favor would be asking too much of me when our relationship is tenuous at best. I really don't feel obligated to perform such a favor as I might if you were perhaps my brother-in-law, or someone that I owed money to.

So, upon looking at the situation more closely, and reaffirming what I already knew: that that no sense of obligation or duty lies between us, I must be firm in requesting that you remove me from your email list for your product.

Best Regards,
Greg Mahan

Gusto

Gusto

Ice cold, Greg.

Shannow

Shannow

I am having a great week.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Don't take this as a personal attack, but you suck at this.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

so I am in classes that tend to attract good, hardworking students. The kind of students who are diligent enough to come to class, even when sick.

hey guys, I hope that one day of notes was worth it. I like the part where I had to miss two quizzes, an opportunity to ask a girl if she wanted to go to a movie or something, and the conclusion of a campaign in my gaming group because not knowing how to apply L'Hopital's Rule to indeterminate exponents was going to kill you, contagious summer cold be damned.

Shannow

Shannow

Don't take this as a personal attack, but you suck at this.[/QUOTE]

Damn it!

Jake

Jake

Don't take this as a personal attack, but you suck at this.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I don't know. Whether it's a rant or not depends on his usual disposition, I suppose.

strawman

strawman

Espy

Espy

Just got back from Starbucks.
It's right across the street. I had to go out so they could show our apartment.
So I walk over and get a iced coffee.

This exact thing happens almost EVERY time I go to ANY Starbucks:
Me: "Hi there, can I get a large iced coffee, black, no sweetener"
Barista: "Venti coffee... would you like sweetener in that?"
Me: "..."
Completely Oblivious Barista: "..."
Me: "No..."
:facepalm:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I love that you say "large." I got tired of being corrected and just go along with it. Although at the highly superior coffee shop here :)smug:) they call a large a "Super Grande"... which is just stupid. It's embarrassing to say. But the coffee is soooo delicious. :drool:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I wish starbucks had stronger espresso.

Espy

Espy

Starbucks has fine espresso (in it's original form, it's what they do with it that causes problems). The problem is that they only give you 1 shot in a small drink and 2 in a medium and large. Which means you get a tiny bit of espresso in your giant cup of steamed milk. Also their machines don't allow them to easily change the grind on the espresso so if the shots aren't that great then unless the barista is feeling extra motivated you are stuck with what there machine gives you.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Oh and CG? I always say Large. I also say Medium and Small. Cuz that's how I roll.

Rob King

Rob King

I always order "whatever medium is in starbucks talk." They say "grande?" and then I ask "is that medium?" Most of the time it ends there, but once a girl replied "it's grande."

I asked if I could see the three different sizes. I pointed to the 'tall' one and said, "that, I would describe as small. It isn't a very big cup, would you agree? This one over here on the other hand, the 'venti,' is quite large. Oh, here it is! Grande. It's not as small as the small cup, and not as big as the big cup. A kind of ... mid-size cup. A medium, if you will. Yes, I would like a grande."

Cajungal

Cajungal

And you usually order a Loogiechino, yes?

Rob King

Rob King

I typically watch the assembly of my order, although I'm not quite eagle-eyed, so I'm never sure.

At any rate, what I don't know won't kill me. Unless it does. In which case, at least my family has a chance of a decent settlement from Starbucks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's true; those coffee shops are totally open. You can see everything they're doing unless you drive through.

The worst they could do is maybe give you the wrong kind of milk or flavor (if you're into that).

I made him an almond whole milk latte instead of a vanilla 2% latte. MWAHAHAHAHAAA!

Espy

Espy

I always order "whatever medium is in starbucks talk." They say "grande?" and then I ask "is that medium?" Most of the time it ends there, but once a girl replied "it's grande."

I asked if I could see the three different sizes. I pointed to the 'tall' one and said, "that, I would describe as small. It isn't a very big cup, would you agree? This one over here on the other hand, the 'venti,' is quite large. Oh, here it is! Grande. It's not as small as the small cup, and not as big as the big cup. A kind of ... mid-size cup. A medium, if you will. Yes, I would like a grande."
To be fair the barista's didn't come up with the idea to name their cup sizes something really stupid.

figmentPez

figmentPez

To be fair the barista's didn't come up with the idea to name their cup sizes something really stupid.
Yeah, but they can be smart and helpful enough to "translate" for the customer.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, but they can be smart and helpful enough to "translate" for the customer.[/QUOTE]

Not if they like their job.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Not if they like their job.
What? Starbucks would rather anger customers than help them?

Espy

Espy

No, Starbucks wants their employees to call their drinks what they have branded them. It might be stupid but it's part of their corporate image.

And lets be honest, it might be annoying (I think it is, thats why I say small, medium, etc) but it's not the end of the world or worth getting angry about.

figmentPez

figmentPez

No, Starbucks wants their employees to call their drinks what they have branded them. It might be stupid but it's part of their corporate image.

And lets be honest, it might be annoying (I think it is, thats why I say small, medium, etc) but it's not the end of the world or worth getting angry about.
Just because the employee has to call the drinks by their branded names does not necessarily mean that the employee has to require the customer to call the drink by a special word.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is why I don't argue about it. Their jobs suck enough. Cafes attract horribly picky people who need half-soy, half-caf lattes with no foam, extra hot, with a sprinkling of shaved unicorn horn and whatnot.

Espy

Espy

Just because the employee has to call the drinks by their branded names does not necessarily mean that the employee has to require the customer to call the drink by a special word.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any of them jump over the counter, hold me down, pry my mouth open and threaten to pour scorching hot lattes down my throat until I say Venti. ;)
They just repeat your order back to you like they are supposed to but using their corporate wording.

Rob King

Rob King

I see. Well, for what it's worth, I try and inject some levity into it whenever I insist on calling their sizes by human terms.

Espy

Espy

Oh no, I do call them the small, medium, large as well. I don't get pissy at them but I refuse to play there stupid game of making me say words I don't want to. :p

Cuyval Dar

Oh no, I do call them the small, medium, large as well. I don't get pissy at them but I refuse to play there stupid game of making me say words I don't want to. :p
Good, another person who won't kowtow to Big Green.

Espy

Espy

I have no idea how "Big Green" has anything to do with me saying Large instead of Venti but... ok?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Manbaw incoming but you know what? I'm really starting to understand why so many in my chosen profession are alcoholics. These last night shift stints have been the toughest of my career. It's just shitty, shitty depressing situation after shitty, shitty depressing situation. Having to literally put body parts into a body bag after a massive drunk driving collision to being called into a domestic disturbance where there were babies actually just about swimming in their own feces they were so neglected. The worst was definitely the man who died in an alcohol laden mess in his house, shit and blood everywhere as his body had literally begun to reject his organs. He was dead kneeling over his bed like in a prayer position with his pants down with his asshole prolapsed with half his intestines hanging out. Apparently this is a common death for alcoholics.

I am definitely not feeling my best. I have 2 more over the next couple of days. It's really starting to weigh on me.

Rob King

Rob King

Manbaw incoming but you know what? I'm really starting to understand why so many in my chosen profession are alcoholics. These last night shift stints have been the toughest of my career. It's just shitty, shitty depressing situation after shitty, shitty depressing situation. Having to literally put body parts into a body bag after a massive drunk driving collision to being called into a domestic disturbance where there were babies actually just about swimming in their own feces they were so neglected. The worst was definitely the man who died in an alcohol laden mess in his house, shit and blood everywhere as his body had literally begun to reject his organs. He was dead kneeling over his bed like in a prayer position with his pants down with his asshole prolapsed with half his intestines hanging out. Apparently this is a common death for alcoholics.

I am definitely not feeling my best. I have 2 more over the next couple of days. It's really starting to weigh on me.
Shit. I don't know what else to say but 'shit.'

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

:bush:

:Leyla:

Andi

Drachenherz

Frankie... I really don't know what to say... That's some serious shit you had to live through...

Don't only cope with it by releasing your feelings/what you had to go through here in this forum. Share - in a serious AND in a joking way - with your collegues.

And don't be afraid to visit a shrink. It's important that you can work all those things out.

Don't play the tough guy and pretend that it isn't getting to you - cause it will, someday.

PM me if you want to talk more about it...

Espy

Espy

Frankie... wow.
Thats not a manbaw, thats just a terrible thing to have to deal with.
Let me say this: THANK YOU. Thank you for doing your job. I'm sure those people you are dealing with won't say it, but we need strong people like you to do that tough job.
Let me echo Andi, if you need help get it, thats some really tough stuff to deal with and I can't even imagine what you have to go through.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Frankie, I've asked you this before, you either skipped or ignored my inquiry; what community are you stationed at?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

High Level Alberta.

Also, thanks guys. It sounded a lot more dire in that post than it really was. It was some bad nights but nothing I can't handle really.

General Specific

General Specific

Minor annoyance, but with the way my work has been going it is kinda one more for the pile.

I have been working 4 10-hr shifts a weeks for years now. For a long time, I had nothing to do on the weekends. I eventually picked up a movie night with friends and such and it was fun. Recently, schedule changes had taken the movie night and the friend's availability away. I was bummed about that at first. Eventually, though, I met a girl who lives in charlotte and so my weekend schedule is perfect. I have Fri, Sat., & Sun. off, so I drive up Fri afternoon, visit all weekend and get back late sunday.

I have mentioned this previously, I went up there last weekend for the first time and everything was great.

I get back to work today and there is an email waiting for me saying that they are switching me to a normal 5-day week and also putting me on saturday rotation. This starts on the 21st.

Why is it that whenever I start doing something outside of work that I enjoy, work somehow changes and blocks it? It almost seems like it's malicious.

I'm going to have to go talk to my bosses and see what they can do.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Frankie, glad you have a place to unload. Sometimes you just need to!

Good luck, GS. That really stinks. If you work hard you should at least play hard.

Been three-ish weeks since spraining/breaking my radius from landing on my elbow in the kitchen, and I still can't put all my weight on it. This stinks in certain, um, adult situations...

...and when I reach out to grab something with my left arm, I forget about the injury sometimes.

Espy

Espy

If I hear ONE MORE DAMN THING about those annoying twits from that lovely show "We had a busload of kids then whored them out for tv money" I'm going to puke.
Or ram my car into a wall just to put me out of my misery.
What the hell is wrong with people!?!?
THESE ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE.
THEY ARE ACTIVELY DESTROYING THEIR KIDS LIVES ON LIVE TELEVISION.

And now, to explain my disgust, here's Conrad Twitty... er, TOOL:

General Specific

General Specific

Minor annoyance, but with the way my work has been going it is kinda one more for the pile.

I have been working 4 10-hr shifts a weeks for years now. For a long time, I had nothing to do on the weekends. I eventually picked up a movie night with friends and such and it was fun. Recently, schedule changes had taken the movie night and the friend's availability away. I was bummed about that at first. Eventually, though, I met a girl who lives in charlotte and so my weekend schedule is perfect. I have Fri, Sat., & Sun. off, so I drive up Fri afternoon, visit all weekend and get back late sunday.

I have mentioned this previously, I went up there last weekend for the first time and everything was great.

I get back to work today and there is an email waiting for me saying that they are switching me to a normal 5-day week and also putting me on saturday rotation. This starts on the 21st.

Why is it that whenever I start doing something outside of work that I enjoy, work somehow changes and blocks it? It almost seems like it's malicious.

I'm going to have to go talk to my bosses and see what they can do.
Ok, all this? Nevermind.

Just got an email from the girl that was essentially a dear john letter. She even wants to be friends.

Well, whoop-de-fuckin-do.

I know this is only jinxing myself, but today has really sucked and can't possibly get any worse.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I am really hoping for better days for Frankie and the General.

Espy

Espy

Sorry general. That does indeed suck. Keep your chin up man.

phil

phil

damn...I really embarrassed myself in front of my new roommate. It's not that horrible, but I certainly can't talk to him tonight out of embarrassment. The problem is though that there is something I need to talk to him about, but it's small and not a big deal either so if I put it off I'll probably forget about it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What happened???

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Lost somebody at the hospital I do volunteer work at due to swine flue. Black Cat crossed my path on the way to and from working there... and now I have a cough. God damn it, I'm getting the swine flu! :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm trying really hard to find something to look forward to between now and going home for Christmas in December.

I hope something comes up, because it's looking really bleak and that's incredibly depressing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

God, Frankie. :( For what it's worth, I admire you for what you do.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Frankie: damn, dude. But don't call that a manbaww, it's anything but.
As for me, several things to rant about, but I'll just stick to "hope Zoloft will actually help and finally get me somewhere else than where I'm right now".

Andi

Drachenherz

I'm stuck in such a rut, I could constantly hit myself in the face - but the problem is, I am even too lazy to do that...

For months now, or even longer, over a year, I cannot overcome my lazyness... I cannot do what I really wish to do, because I am too gorram awful lazy to get a grip on myself...

It's like being stuck in mud... It would take a great effort to get out, but as this would be too straining for myself, I just keep resting and sticking in the mud...

What I would need would be a swift kick in the ass - but I'm not sure whether that would really wake me up from my lethargy...

Sad thing is (or the good thing is...), I cannot "blame" anybody than myself for my current state of being. I technically KNOW what I have to do... But because that seems to be so ardous, I keep finding excuses to carry on with my life as a sloth...

Yeah, now that WAS a manbaww, wasn't it?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

As for me, several things to rant about, but I'll just stick to "hope Zoloft will actually help and finally get me somewhere else than where I'm right now".
*long, warm hug*

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

*long, warm hug*[/QUOTE]

As someone who was on anti-depressants for almost ten years, my only piece of advice is to not rely heavily on the meds. Yes, they will help you... but if your hoping they will fix you, then your taking them for the wrong reason. All they can do is help you make things better for yourself.

Andi

Drachenherz

*snip*

As Ashburner mentioned, those pills aren't the solution to your "problem", but only a help to get out of it. I don't want to get to personal here, but have you tried psychotherapy to get to the reasons of why you feel so depressed?

Also, I could recomend you some not-so-standard-medicine approaches, depending on your own personal character.

Ever tried meditation? It itself isn't a solution to your "problems" either, but also some kind of help to get through to yourself and to find a way of how to approach what's bugging you.

I cannot give more advice, because - obviously - I don't know you besides from your postings here in halforum and the occasional status-alert in facebook.

I wish you all the best, and be assured: You are not alone - if that helps...

*hug*

Bubble181

Bubble181

Vyta: yay!
Ash: I know
Andi: thing with meditation/yoga/mindfulness is, you're supposed to be able to at least somewhat relax yourself. I tried some relaxation exercises a while ago..."Now, bunch up your fist. Really tighten all muscles in your hand....Annndd...relax. Ehm, relax. Loosen those muscles! Oh, that's as loose as they get. Hmm. You might be a bit too tense for this to work." o__O

But yeah, I'm trying to get out of my slump, but I just spend a weekend with three beautiful, intelligent, single, funny, girls, good friends of mine, in sunny northern France, being waited on hand and foot by my brother and sister-in-law-to-be, smooth jazz in the background, getting massages (and giving massages) to all three, playing games, going walking, talking, having generally the best possible times you could honestly imagine without resorting to kinky foursomes :)-P), they all commented they felt oh so great afterwards, completely recharged and rested and all that, and I was still a nervous wreck and tense from here to China and back - at the end of one of the supposedly most relaxing weekends you can imagine, my heartrate at rest was 96 and my bp was 16/13.5. It's not that I'm so incredibly depressed, per sé (well, a bit), but that I just plain can't manage to relax and calm down these days.
My body aches all over, I can't sleep, my joints are cracking in any direction, all the time, I have nervous ticks all over the place, and so on. If the medication helps me calm down and at least helps with the physical symptoms of my stressed-out-ness, it'd be a good start. They won't magically make me feel better, but hopefully I'll manage to have some bloody fun once I calm down.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Hey, just got back home yesterday evening and found out we won't have hot water for the whole week... this shit should be announced fucking weeks before you asshats...

EDIT: Oh, and i don't get to go to Inglorious Basterds tonight coz the theatre only had seat in the 2 front rows left (it's 2 for 1 night)... today kinda sucked...

Gusto

Gusto

The fucking smelly-ass nerd guy is back in the lab.

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS SIT NEXT TO ME AND NEVER BATHE!?

Bubble181

Bubble181

He's hoping to woo you with his feromones.

Gusto

Gusto

More like terrormones, can I get a what what.

Bubble181

Bubble181

w00t w00t?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Dude, you just described every computer science class I ever took.

Ever.

@Li3n

@Li3n

The fucking smelly-ass nerd guy is back in the lab.

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS SIT NEXT TO ME AND NEVER BATHE!?
he has no hot water at home and hopes you'll let him have a bath at your place?!

Gusto

Gusto

I will not.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

We had a guy on the trombone line who smelled like a rain, urine, and semen soaked uniform left in a litter box for a week. You could smell this chap from ten yards away. He SWORE he bathed three times a day, even though he had engineering classes and band all day....

My nose hurts just thinking about him...

And gusto, you lather up that buddy o' yours, ya hear?

Gusto

Gusto

No.

Gusto

Gusto

I just walked to the on-campus Tim Horton's and stood in a line of about 100 people. One of the guys just ahead of me, egged on by his friends in a language that sounded Serbian, just fucking walked to the front of the line, in front of ~100 other people.

God damn that pisses me off. I wish some of the people near the front or the people who worked there would've grown a pair and told the fucker off.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Damn. Feel the Gusto rage today.

Gusto

Gusto

I fucking hate my college.

Silvanesti

I fucking hate my college.
GUSTO SMASH.

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry, RANT thread. I'm a little angry today.

General Specific

General Specific

You know what will make you feel better? Showering with a buddy. :p

Silvanesti

Sorry, RANT thread. I'm a little angry today.
Dude, no worries! Its the fucking rant thread! SMASH AWAY!

unrelated note: I want to coke the fuck outta coworker today, smug asshole has been annoying more then usual.

Gusto

Gusto

Man I can't wait til Friday...

Silvanesti

Man I can't wait til Friday...
agreed! Thats beer and shower with a friend night!

Gusto

Gusto

If by "friend" you mean "girlfriend", and by "shower" you mean "intercourse", then yes, that is EXACTLY what my Friday portends.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

If by "friend" you mean "girlfriend", and by "shower" you mean "intercourse", then yes, that is EXACTLY what my Friday portends.
:hump:

...just so we're clear?

Gusto

Gusto

Yep.

I have no classes on Fridays. So basically this week, my girlfriend is gonna come over in the morning, we're gonna watch the Office premiere on DVR, have some "quality time", and then she'll go to class for noon.

I'll probably spend the afternoon smilin' and playing video games.

Later that evening, she, my best friend, anyone else who wants to join us, and me are going to the local Boston Pizza to eat appetizers and drink beer.

Not a bad day. :)

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

WOOT!!!!!!!

MOAR BITCHING! How long should the "new horniness" of a relationship last?

This every other day business is not cutting it for me... *punches guy in the nutzzzzz*

Jake

Jake

If you ignore the fact that it's happening in Canada, sure.

Gusto

Gusto

WOOT!!!!!!!

This every other day business is not cutting it for me... *punches guy in the nutzzzzz*
We've either done it or talked about doing it just about every day for the past month, minus when she was on her cycle and when I was sick.

I dunno if this is standard though, this is my first ever sexual relationship... And I'm apparently awesome. :D

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

If you ignore the fact that it's happening in Canada, sure.[/QUOTE]

Why you even got to do a thing.

Espy

Espy

WOOT!!!!!!!

You know... I've heard from several female friends that the moment some guys can get it whenever they want it... they stop wanting it.

Make 'im work for it.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

We've either done it or talked about doing it just about every day for the past month, minus when she was on her cycle and when I was sick.

I dunno if this is standard though, this is my first ever sexual relationship... And I'm apparently awesome. :D
Niiiiiiice!

Lucky....:angry:

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry, V. You had your chance. We never even fake consummated our fake marriage.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Penis

Gusto

Gusto

Exactly.

Alright this thread is weird...

Uh.... RANT: I'm hungry. Why does the campus pizza place close at 2? So dumb.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

OH YEA????

HEY GUSTO!!!! Your vagina was always dry.

Luf,

V

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

OH YEA????

Luf,

V
Remember, remember the fifth of November(?)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

OH YEA????

Luf,

V
Isn't that kind of like saying "Hey Gusto! I sucked at foreplay?"

:p

Gusto

Gusto

:smug:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yep.

I have no classes on Fridays. So basically this week, my girlfriend is gonna come over in the morning, we're gonna watch the Office premiere on DVR, have some "quality time", and then she'll go to class for noon.

I'll probably spend the afternoon smilin' and playing video games.

Later that evening, she, my best friend, anyone else who wants to join us, and me are going to the local Boston Pizza to eat appetizers and drink beer.

Untrue. I *want* to join you. Still not gonna be there, unless something really funky happens.

WOOT!!!!!!!

Hot tip: don't punch him in the nuts. It really won't help him get hornier :-P

Niiiiiiice!

Lucky....:angry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lucky bastard. V, of course, can just make a quick detour to Belgium whenever she wants to :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

Damn, Gusto, I've never seen you so angry. :confused:

Gusto

Gusto

I doubt that's true. I was actually in a good enough mood today, just a couple things that kinda set me off.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, if you want to, you can come by Belgium, too. You'll just get beer and a hug, though :-P

Gusto

Gusto

You're not making it seem very worthwhile.

I mean, I'd at least offer multiple hugs.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I doubt that's true. I was actually in a good enough mood today, just a couple things that kinda set me off.
Well the only other time you've actually been mad was when that guy on your campus got a hold of your private info.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You're not making it seem very worthwhile.

I mean, I'd at least offer multiple hugs.
Dude, I'd hug you and not let go for, like, hours. One huge, humongous, horrible hug.

Gusto

Gusto

Well the only other time you've actually been mad was when that guy on your campus got a hold of your private info.[/QUOTE]

I hate the people at my school. Like, ALL of them.

:angry:

strawman

strawman

IT ITCHES AND BURNS

I dislike athlete's foot.

At least they have new treatments that only take a week and require no prescription.

-Adam

Gusto

Gusto

.... :Leyla:

strawman

strawman

...yeah...

-Adam

Gusto

Gusto

Huh....

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

My new job actively punishes with less hours/less money when you do a good job. I'm not comfortable with this.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah I know that pain. I've been working at my job for 7 years. The first two weeks was spent getting the job down, and I've been struggling ever since to slow myself down.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My new job actively punishes with less hours/less money when you do a good job. I'm not comfortable with this.
Yuck. Sorry, man.

Rob King

Rob King

How can anybody wonder about the state of the nation when incompetence is encouraged?

Gusto

Gusto

How can anybody wonder about the state of the nation when incompetence is encouraged?[/QUOTE]

AND compensated!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Least-surprising fact of the day: it's in the health care industry

Cajungal

Cajungal

Holy gasp!

Also, the thick-necked gentleman in your avatar is starting to intimidate me.

Rob King

Rob King

My rant:

I'm supposed to go to work in an hour to take a mentally challenged kid bowling. I'm actually excited about this case, because I've met the kid, and he seems pretty cool.

Problem is: the government agency that has contracted out the homecare company that I work for ... well, the social worker in charge of his case is not helpful. My boss tells me that Child Youth and Family Services will take care of the arrangements, but every time I talk to CYFS, the social worker keeps trying to put it on me.

I wouldn't mind doing it, if I knew what to do. And nobody is being very helpful, beyond 'I'll call person X and get back to you.' And then never gets back to me.

I've already waited long enough that I can't walk or take the city bus if I expect to be on time. I'm going to have to call a cab that I can't afford.

EDIT: Stuff's been worked out, a half hour before I'm supposed to leave for my shift.

Now my rant is: I'm about to get schooled in bowling by a 9 year old.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I like how working my ass off these past few months still has me drowning in debt and barely paying rent, as opposed to making enough money to be comfortable.

It'd be nice for something to work out in my favor that doesn't involve getting drunk and forgetting about how stressed I am all the time.

Rob King

Rob King

Things seem much scarier at 5 in the morning.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

GOD DAMMIT!!!! I give you ONE thing to do while I was at work on Tuesday: Mail my frakkin car note! NEXT TIME PUT A FREAKING STAMP ON IT that way I wouldn't have to leave earlier ON THE DAY IT IS DUE to put it in the mailbox at the P.O. just giving me false hope that it will get there on time AND NOT RESULT IN A LATE FEE!!!!!

GOD DAMN

strawman

strawman

Well.

Apparently athlete's foot can lead to an infection. It's amazing how much your skin can stretch when your body keeps pumping fluid into that tissue.

Off to the doctor for me...

-Adam

Espy

Espy

Grrrrrr. I RACED through my slides today and still only got 3/4ths of them done during class.

I need a longer class.

strawman

strawman

Grrrrrr. I RACED through my slides today and still only got 3/4ths of them done during class.

I need a longer class.

I knew there was a reason you smoked.

-Adam

Espy

Espy

It ain't just to get this pretty mug.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

blah blah blah bitchcakes

strawman

strawman

Not even a fucking "sorry."
That's too bad, because those are the best kind of "sorry"s.

:unibrow:

-Adam

callistarya

You know what I don't freakin get... what the hell are the subject of the threads for anyways?
For instance..The thread titled PIZZA... WTF?? What the hell are you people talking about? Makes me want to go out on my front lawn and scream.....We're talking pepperoni, mushroom, and black olives here!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! Djer juss stupid!

Okay, I'm done. *sigh* *walks back to her corner in the padded cell and begins rocking herself back to sanity*

Wasabi Poptart

It really sucks to be allergic to the shampoo & conditioner that is cheap and works best. Having red, itchy skin and watering eyes kind of takes away from the pretty hair.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

You know what I don't freakin get... what the hell are the subject of the threads for anyways?
For instance..The thread titled PIZZA... WTF?? What the hell are you people talking about? Makes me want to go out on my front lawn and scream.....We're talking pepperoni, mushroom, and black olives here!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! Djer juss stupid!
I prefer some different toppings. Let us talk about why we like the toppings we prefer and then come to blows when we cannot reach a mutual understanding. :coffee:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yarr, nothing be holdin' me fancy as of late! Most of me friends be gone now, and me games no longer be keepin' me interest. And I be a poor pirate indeed, unable to afford any new games or a night about town.

'Tis a sad state, says I! Maybe I just be needin' a new bonnie lass to help me set afire the seas of passion!

callistarya

I prefer some different toppings. Let us talk about why we like the toppings we prefer and then come to blows when we cannot reach a mutual understanding. :coffee:[/QUOTE]

put em up ;)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

they are extremely up

Bubble181

Bubble181

Today's carless sunday in Brussels (well, most cities in Belgium). That means that within city limits, there's no cars allowed. Fine so far. All in favour. Some people get exceptions because of their work, and whatever. I'm one of them - I have to be at work at 05h30, so I can't possibly take public transportation. The speed is limited to 20 mph, though.
All of that is fine. What annoys me sooooo much is the sheer amount of people just suddenly ignoring all basic traffic laws (which remain in full effect), and rules of courtesy.
Yes, red lights still mean STOP. No, the fact that everybody's on bike or on foot doesn't mean you can jsut cross whenever, wherever. There's no law anywhere saying "if there's no-one coming the other side, you can cross a red". There isn't. So stop already. I've seen at least 20 or 30 ppeople go through a red on my 20 minute drive. ARGH. BIKES.
Secondly, I drive 20 mph. It really isn't that fast. It's still faster than you're going to walk or rloller skate, though. So let me PASS. I promise I won't run over your feet. If you insist on walking in the middle of the road, though, I'll get pissy and drive about 1 inch from your heels and honk. Go ahead and cry at me, I'm still in my right - there's a sidewalk; you're technically legally obligated to walk on that.
Really, how hard is it? Don't let your 7 year old alone on a three-lane road - there are still quite a few cars out there, and she's likely not to be attentive enough on her bike. Having to make an emergency stop at 20 mph isn't that big of a problem, but it's not my fault if she's swerving across three lanes that she get sscared by the big bad car coming up behind her. Supervise young children. Follow the rules. Be somewhat social. That's all.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

What a fucking awful day.

Wahad

Wahad

Damn. Thunderstruck shut down.

Cajungal

Cajungal

"I don't check my email. I just don't check it everyday. Sorry."

From a student. A fucking. College. Student. REALLY??? SERIOUSLY?!? In this day and age, how can you not check your email when you're a damn student? What are you going to do when you're a teacher and your colleagues and principal are trying to communicate with you? Do you really think that excuse is going to fly?

This is why I hate group projects. No one is ever available, so when we try to join up electronically there's always some idiot who falls through the cracks. Let me do the hour-and-a-half presentation by myself, PLEASE. I'm the only one I can count on.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm the only one I can count on.
This sentence sums up my entire college career.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This sentence sums up my entire college career.[/QUOTE]

It's asinine to put us in groups anyway. We'll be in our own classrooms as teachers, coming together only to talk about teaching strategies and things like that. The only reason they did is because we have too many students and not enough education teachers. There should be 15 or so of us in a class. We're huge--40 or so people per class in this Block's section.

They're all perfectly nice girls... just not so great on the correspondence. We present on Wednesday, and no one's responded to the emails I sent out yesterday or today. There's just no fucking excuse. This is the one thing I hate about my major--I'm surrounded by fucking girls... girly girls with baby fever and an obsession with pedicures and boutiques. I fit in nowhere.

Adam

Adammon

It's asinine to put us in groups anyway. We'll be in our own classrooms as teachers, coming together only to talk about teaching strategies and things like that. The only reason they did is because we have too many students and not enough education teachers. There should be 15 or so of us in a class. We're huge--40 or so people per class in this Block's section.

They're all perfectly nice girls... just not so great on the correspondence. We present on Wednesday, and no one's responded to the emails I sent out yesterday or today. There's just no fucking excuse. This is the one thing I hate about my major--I'm surrounded by fucking girls... girly girls with baby fever and an obsession with pedicures and boutiques. I fit in nowhere.[/QUOTE]

What's your major? Ovaries?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yes, ovaries. And fallopiology.

No, Elementary Education. There's ONE GUY in my classes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

They're all perfectly nice girls... just not so great on the correspondence. We present on Wednesday, and no one's responded to the emails I sent out yesterday or today. There's just no fucking excuse. This is the one thing I hate about my major--I'm surrounded by fucking girls... girly girls with baby fever and an obsession with pedicures and boutiques. I fit in nowhere.[/QUOTE]

What's your major? Ovaries?[/QUOTE]

No, she's trying to get her "MRS"... that's what they used to accuse women of in the 50's anyway, if they went to college.

(Note: I am aware you are with someone :) )

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: I know a few of those.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I knew there was a reason I should've gone into elementary teaching. :-P

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

80% of the girls you would meet are airheads, bubble. I pulled that number out of my ass hahaha.

CG, I know how you feeeeeeel. I was the only girl in my 4 ed classes that I took that didn't have an engagement ring. One girl even frikkin brought her toddler to class one night! The professor was so annoyed!

But on to a more current rant: People have no respect for your parking spaces. Yea, they aren't really assigned, but GOD DAMN I have parked there almost every day!! SHE KNOWS THAT IS MY SPOT!!!!

OH, and why is the janitor cleaning my room in the AMs now?

Cajungal

Cajungal

And, you know, I have no beef with chicks who are married, engaged, or have kids. But I always feel like I get work piled on top of me because I'm not planning some frilly princess wedding or taking care of a kid. I shouldn't have to suffer for waiting until I've graduated to do all that.

Another thing that bothers me is how so many of these people just revel in their ignorance. When they don't know something they should, it's like they're offended that the information exists and didn't have the courtesy to crawl into their head. They just giggle and say, "How should I know that???" instead of fucking figuring it out. Ohhhh, how I hate it. Sometimes I laugh at my own ignorance too, but how can someone be so blissful when they're going to be teaching children and don't know what the word "interrogative" means? :waah:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

because they are taking classes to learn what they should know when they're going to be teaching kids and you should only be really worried about these kinds of things if they don't know these things and are being paid to teach children

Mr_Chaz

Minor rant, but I'm finding myself with less and less time for the forum recently. I mean it's a good thing that I'm getting work and spending time on things I like and so on. But I do kinda miss the place. And it means I have to leave debates just as I'm getting started. I had a lot more to say in the healthcare thread that I just never got a chance to.

Rob King

Rob King

I had a lot more to say in the healthcare thread that I just never got a chance to.
That's fine. You'd have been wrong anyways.

:p

Gusto

Gusto

Nothing makes it more obvious who the assholes are, then when a bus is full and there are thirty people standing but 4 or 5 of the people who are sitting STILL have their backpacks/purses/whateverthefuck on the seat beside them. :angry:

WHY YES I AM AT SCHOOL TODAY HOW DID YOU GUESS :angry:

Jake

Jake

Nothing makes it more obvious who the assholes are, then when a bus is full and there are thirty people standing but 4 or 5 of the people who are sitting STILL have their backpacks/purses/whateverthefuck on the seat beside them. :angry:

WHY YES I AM AT SCHOOL TODAY HOW DID YOU GUESS :angry:
I had no problem calling people out on that shit when I had to ride a school shuttle. Assholes.

Gusto

Gusto

Believe me, brother, I fucking called them out. I took my rightfully earned seat. I just wish I didn't have to.

Fun Size

Fun Size

You know what makes me insane? I mean just fills me with enough rage to choke a kitten? These posts:

Wow, I can't believe anyone would find that funny.
or
Old joke is old.
You know why? Because of the intention behind it. When I see this, the poster drops so far in my esteem as to be painful for a moment. See, this post has exactly one intention: to express that the poster and his/her opinion is superior to your own. It's a completely onanistic effort devoid of any real meaning. I actually value this opinion less that those of racists, people who oppose gay marriage, religious terrorist....take your fucking pick, because as wrongheaded and stupid those people are, I can at least acknowledge that their purpose is noble. They want the world to be a better place, and just disagree with me about how to best go about it. The only reason for these opinions however, beyond blatant egoism, is to suck a potential moment of joy out of someone's life. There is no greater purpose, no good to be had or done by it. It's there to take away. Nothing more. And the people who do it piss me off more than anything anyone has ever said in a political thread.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I just failed my driver's test for the third time and my oven isn't heating properly so I can't eat and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I am pissed off.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

You know what makes me insane? I mean just fills me with enough rage to choke a kitten? These posts:

or
Old joke is old.
You know why? Because of the intention behind it. When I see this, the poster drops so far in my esteem as to be painful for a moment. See, this post has exactly one intention: to express that the poster and his/her opinion is superior to your own. It's a completely onanistic effort devoid of any real meaning. I actually value this opinion less that those of racists, people who oppose gay marriage, religious terrorist....take your fucking pick, because as wrongheaded and stupid those people are, I can at least acknowledge that their purpose is noble. They want the world to be a better place, and just disagree with me about how to best go about it. The only reason for these opinions however, beyond blatant egoism, is to suck a potential moment of joy out of someone's life. There is no greater purpose, no good to be had or done by it. It's there to take away. Nothing more. And the people who do it piss me off more than anything anyone has ever said in a political thread.
I agree with this 100%.

As for my own rant, I think I might have to look for a new job. Getting 20-25 hours a week after a good month of 30+. Manager training stores suck. :(

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

or
Old joke is old.
I recently posted a sort-of "old joke is old" post in the PvP vs PA batman debate.

I can promise you that my intention was more along the lines of "Kurts is a hack!" ;)

As for my rant, my paternal grandmother died a couple of days ago. Bleh

Cajungal

Cajungal

So sorry, Tin. :(

Also, I pretty much agree with Fun Size.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

or
Old joke is old.
I agree on the latter (although not the insane-with-rage part). I see it used rarely as an actual informative statement, but more often than not it just means "I'm so awesome I heard someone tell me that joke before you did." No one gives a shit.

On the former, I don't have a problem with that. One person thinks something is funny, and another person expresses a different opinion about it. That's the forum.

Also, condolences, Tin.

Wasabi Poptart

My sympathies to you and your family, Tin.

phil

phil

or
Old joke is old.
I agree on the latter (although not the insane-with-rage part). I see it used rarely as an actual informative statement, but more often than not it just means "I'm so awesome I heard someone tell me that joke before you did." No one gives a shit.

On the former, I don't have a problem with that. One person thinks something is funny, and another person expresses a different opinion about it. That's the forum.

Also, condolences, Tin.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the context of the first one for me. I mean, if someone posted a horribly sad story and someone else responded saying how funny they thought it was, I can understand saying that.

More often than not though, it's just like how funsize said. They just want to make themselves look better by claiming a superior sense of humor. It's basic trolling that adds nothing. It's the use of anyone which really gets to me, because it adds an underhanded insult to whoever made the first post that resulted in the flame. It basicaly says "people with a good sense of humor, like me, don't find this funny. People who do find this funny are inferior to me"

It's similar to when someone will post "____ show is bad, and people who like it are morons" which I just can't stand.

For my own rant, my computer is acting weird again. It's moving letters around and adding spaces as I type.

this is wha it looks lik if i type and don't edit anything out. it's taking lettes and adding it to the front of the curserand moving them all along. reit

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

It depends on the context of the first one for me.
Yeah, I take your point. There is a rampant "My opinion is both fact and awesome" attitude around here.

phil

phil

yeah, fuck that shit.

THANK GOD my homework is due next friday and not in 12 hours. I do not want to do that right now. Stupid "let's take a huge jump in difficulty from the last project to the next one...kinda" class.

Also, I think I need to start working out. Who's with me?!?!?!?!?!

figmentPez

figmentPez

*grrr* Stupid Comcast. They've made Cartoon Network into a digital station so I can't get it without a cable box now.

Rob King

Rob King

My performance last night was sub-par.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I got this yesterday.

In the mail.

:waah:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I got this yesterday.

In the mail.

You can probably get a refund for that, seeing as how somebody fucked up.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Nobody fucked up. I'm an eternal member. I can go every year without cost.

If you don't show up and claim your badge, they mail it to you every year. The years I can't make it, I'm reminded of how much I suck when the badge arrives a couple of weeks later.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Nobody fucked up. I'm an eternal member. I can go every year without cost.

If you don't show up and claim your badge, they mail it to you every year. The years I can't make it, I'm reminded of how much I suck when the badge arrives a couple of weeks later.[/QUOTE]

Ahh... gotcha. Still, it's got The Goon on it. That's pretty cool.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Come on, project partner #3. Take a little initiative. I know your half of the project's partner is out of town, but that doesn't mean you can't make a simple outline or something to go over when she gets back. I'm not going to hold your damn hand. I'm busy with my own shit.

When you have 30 pages of material to make a simple, 15-minute presentation on a teaching model... with headings in the article that serve as the main themes... there's no excuse for confusion.. well, not if you've made it through 3 years of college without failing. Read it. Obtain the main points. Add related bullet points to main points. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes... It's a very simple recipe.

Rob King

Rob King

Read it. Obtain the main points. Add related bullet points to main points. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes... It's a very simple recipe.
If this person is like the countless students that I've had the pleasure of interacting with in my three years, she's probably looking at the wrong recipe. Her recipe card probably reads something like:

1 - Fill casserole dish with wine.
2 - Drink from casserole dish.
3 - Repeat until drunk
4 - Make bad decisions*

*note: step 4 can be supplemented with 'disappoint everyone you know' depending on taste.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Furthermore:

2.8 GB left on my Hard drive? WHERE THE FLIP DID IT ALL GO??

I guess I'll be getting an external hard drive sooner than I thought.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: She uses at least one can of hairspray per day. Maybe it's affecting her brain... you know, as well as the casserole dish filled with what is most likely box wine.

Nah, but I finally got fed up and just sent her an outline to use. At least this way we're guaranteed to get an A or at least a high B.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I hate being a woman sometimes.....

More specifically, I hate my uterus. *pain*

Rob King

Rob King

Ugh. No. NO!

One of my friends, who I've known since before I can remember, has been struggling to get a job after going to school to become a millwright. I'm talking to him now, and he's just about ready to give up.

His plan B is to go into visual arts school.

Now, his girlfriend is in the fine arts school in my hometown. She can draw a pretty picture, and I like her as a human being, but I can't respect her as an 'artist.' For all her pretty pictures, she has nothing to say, and since art to me is communicative ... it's completely devoid of merit.

He could only be worse. If you knew them, I think you would understand.

It just frustrates me that these people can consider themselves artists. Perhaps it's conceited, but they don't deserve to. Not from where I stand.

[/superiority]

Cajungal

Cajungal

One girl I had a crush on a few months back just told me she sent a love letter to another girl. >.> I'm not really that hurt by it, but it still sucks. :/ Hey, at least I still got her nudie pics! :D

I hate being a woman sometimes.....

More specifically, I hate my uterus. *pain*
Trade you? *wants a child*
I'm on the fence about kids. But I'd gladly give you mine and then just adopt. I've always wanted to adopt... more than I've ever wanted my own biological child.

strawman

strawman

I can't respect her as an 'artist.' For all her pretty pictures, she has nothing to say, and since art to me is communicative ... it's completely devoid of merit.

It just frustrates me that these people can consider themselves artists. Perhaps it's conceited, but they don't deserve to. Not from where I stand.

[/superiority]
Ugh. No. NO!

Fortunately for the world, you are not the judge of what is art and what is not.

-Adam

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, ya gotta start somewhere, Rob. Maybe after she gets a little bit more experience, she'll have more to say. Or maybe she's all about stopping and appreciating the beauty of things--or even just the reality of things, since not everything is beautiful--and nothing more. There's a place for that, at least I think so. I can be impressed simply by the technique and hard work that goes into painting or sculpting something well. It takes concentration and talent that I just don't have.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I want a hug. :( Damn this city.

Rob King

Rob King

Yeah, after thinking about my post, perhaps I was a bit brutal. I still feel like art should be communicative, but I guess "this hill is pretty" is communication. It's just not a message that I care that much for.

As for my frustration at them being able to think of themselves as artists ... I'll admit that's completely on me. I had a conversation with someone this week about something similar, and she asked me "Are you an artist?" I had to answer 'no.' That crushed me.

I want to be. Arrogant as it sounds: I could be. But an artist has to produce art, and I do stuff at such an appalling rate, I couldn't in good conscience lay claim to the title.

Sorry if my frustrated ranting was ignorant or offensive. I guess this is the more genuine rant.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I gathered that your rant had something to do with frustration with yourself. Not offensive at all, just a very human feeling. I wish I felt more like a writer, and I'm very critical of other writers (because I'm twice as bad towards my own, I guess, and I want to make myself feel better?).

Anyway, trying to make art is frustrating. That reaction towards people who don't share the same vision as you is completely understandable. :)

strawman

strawman

But an artist has to produce art, and I do stuff at such an appalling rate, I couldn't in good conscience lay claim to the title.
I feel the same way about my various talents. And yet here I am, checking all the threads in this forum instead of working on my many projects.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Do the best you can, work on improving your discipline, and reward yourself for time well spent.

-Adam

kaykordeath

Goddamn doctor (who DOES take my insurance) scheduled my daughter's surgery at a hospital that DOESN'T take the insurance.

So now it's either reschedule for who the hell knows when (and oh yeah wife starts a new job in a week and a half so good luck finding an opportune time), cancel the surgery outright, or go ahead as is and swallow the out of network percentage....

After finally getting her in the mindset to have this done tomorrow, and down to a freakout factor of only 8 out of 10, it's really looking like we're gonna just go for it tomorrow..

but FUUUUUUUCK!!!!

Jake

Jake

Hmm... my son is getting a tonsillectomy on Friday. I didn't think to check if the hospital (not our usual) takes our insurance.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Yeah, after thinking about my post, perhaps I was a bit brutal. I still feel like art should be communicative, but I guess "this hill is pretty" is communication. It's just not a message that I care that much for.

As for my frustration at them being able to think of themselves as artists ... I'll admit that's completely on me. I had a conversation with someone this week about something similar, and she asked me "Are you an artist?" I had to answer 'no.' That crushed me.

I want to be. Arrogant as it sounds: I could be. But an artist has to produce art, and I do stuff at such an appalling rate, I couldn't in good conscience lay claim to the title.

Sorry if my frustrated ranting was ignorant or offensive. I guess this is the more genuine rant.
I also wish I could respond that I'm an artist but I've never had a gallery show, have only sold 12 paintings/drawings in 10 years for pathetic sums and I have terrible work ethic which has only gotten worst since I had the babe.

That being said, I don't have messages in mind when I paint or draw. I just say "That would look awesome" and get started.

Rant:Dos EVERYONE have an opinion on how to raise and care for my child?!

Cajungal

Cajungal

:\ That's how it goes, Lilsin. I haven't witnessed it with any of the parents here...

....but parents can be fucking SMUG sometimes.

Jake

Jake

Apparently the lab doing the blood work necessary for my son's tonsillectomy tomorrow LOST HIS FUCKING BLOOD! My wife had to take him in again to get jabbed, which every 4 year old finds totally awesome, I assure you. In both arms, no less, since they somehow screwed up the first one.

At least they gave us 6 movie tickets, a teddy bear, and a pinwheel. Doesn't quite convert it to a win, though. :explode:

Wasabi Poptart

Rant:Dos EVERYONE have an opinion on how to raise and care for my child?!
Parents and non-parents alike whether you ask their advice/opinion or not.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

LOUD NOISES!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

The chain on the necklace that Jake gave me broke. It's a pretty pink bead that he had made for me. I took it off the broken chain so I could bring it into town this weekend and find a new chain for it. The pockets in these new pants are so shallow... it must have fallen out. I have no idea where it is. I'm awful.

Silvanesti

fuck this shit. blergherwargle :mad:

strawman

strawman

You remember my new baby, of course, but if not:

So he is now is rolling all over creation, not crawling yet, and his rolling has little direction or purpose, but he's mobile. I've asked my wife not to leave him on the bed to sleep anymore, knowing that she probably won't listen, and yesterday he did indeed fall off the bed.

He was sad and grumpy, and his ankle appeared unusually tender, but we figured he may have twisted it when he fell or hit it against one of the drawer handles under the bed. Tenderness like that should go away.

But instead, it's the kind of thing that's not painful until someone touches it, and then he screams bloody murder!

So she takes him into the after hours care tonight at the behest of her mother (and I'm stuck at work due to a software release tomorrow).

What does the radiologist say?

Broken leg!

I don't have all the details, and I'm not angry, but it's certainly very frustrating. Fortunately he isn't in constant pain, and seems to be just fine as long as nobody touches his ankle.

Expect the cutest little baby pictures with cast later (should be dealing with that tomorrow, right now it's in a splint). I can only imagine how difficult it'll be to get him in and out of car seats and chairs now.

You'd think that after 4 daredevil boys the baby would be the least likely to suffer a broken leg...

-Adam
-Adam

Rob King

Rob King

AGH! I keep losing words. I know there's a word for what I want to say, but then I just can't grasp it. This happened one time, and worrying that my brain function was being affected by poor diet, I started to take vitamins. They helped, but I stopped taking them once I lost the remainder of my bottle.

I was feeling similarly verbally neutered two weeks ago, and I figured it was the lack of vitamins again. I've been taking vitamins again now for the last two weeks, and I'm still losing words. I HATE it. I feel so powerless.

I mean, I don't lose my faculty of speech, and I've never been an orator, exactly, but I liked having a vocabulary of potent words. And now ... I feel like an imbecile when I trust myself to remember the word I'm searching for by the time I come to it's place in the sentence, and then I just stand there dumbly, with mouth open.

AAAAAAGGGHHH

[[Rant inspired by another rant I was trying to make, which was undermined when I couldn't remember half the words I was searching for]]

figmentPez

figmentPez

Rob, how bad is your aphasia? Are you only forgetting big words or little ones?

Either way, I sympathize. I have a pretty big vocabulary, and I know what it's like to know there's a much better word than anything that's coming to mind. I also know what it's like to be unable to think of basic words. Whatever is behind all the numerous health problems I have also causes me to periodically be unable to remember how to speak common words (like cookie or sphagetti and whatnot). I've have times when I could describe the concept I wanted to say, and even times when I could write the word but couldn't remember how to speak it. Sometimes just hearing the word restored the connection, other times it took longer to come back.

It's always frustrating to loose words, no matter what level it's at.

Rob King

Rob King

Mostly medium to big ones. The one I kept losing earlier while trying to make my previous rant was 'indiscretion.' Not that that's a particularly grand example of a word, but it keeps happening, and it makes me sad.

In some cases, it's probably been a blessing, in that the person I was talking to would have asked what the word meant anyhow. But it's stressing me out. I want to choose not to use a word, not have it chosen for me.

strawman

strawman

Discord and Dissonance were the words I needed, nay required the last time I was missing words.

Thing is, these are words I need to use only occasionally. I suspect they fall from mind when unused, so I'm going to try using odd words a little more frequently. I'll come off as... uh... what's the word I'm thinking of? grrrr! "better than thou" or "snooty" or... there's a word for this! I know it!

WAAAAUAUAUGHGGHGHRBRBRLEBELLBLLBLBLBLLEEEEE

/brains seep out ears and onto floor...

Me decide me need no special words. Me go now.

-Adam

Silvanesti

Day keeps getting better. Get off of work and find my bathroom partially flooded because the stupid bitch above me let her tub overfill. Call my landlord and he was so ever helpful "well i would use some towels to mop some of that up, i'll fix it when i get a chance"

awesome. :frusty:

strawman

strawman

I just found out more. Salter III fracture of the distal tibia involving 40% of the joint surface.

Type 3 break through the bone at the growth plate, separating the bone end from the bone shaft and completely disrupting the growth plate.

* May result in arrested growth and requires surgical treatment.
* Often treated with internal fixation to ensure proper alignment.
gragh.

Now I'm unhappy.

-Adam

strawman

strawman

I just found out more. Salter III fracture of the distal tibia involving 40% of the joint surface.

Type 3 break through the bone at the growth plate, separating the bone end from the bone shaft and completely disrupting the growth plate.

* May result in arrested growth and requires surgical treatment.
* Often treated with internal fixation to ensure proper alignment.
gragh.

Now I'm unhappy.

-Adam
That sucks. :( And all this just because your wife was stubborn in the "Oooh, he'll be alright, let him play on the bed. Don't be so paranoid." way? :?[/QUOTE]

It isn't out of stubbornness, just a different risk calculation. She doesn't think it's very dangerous - until life proves her wrong.

On the other hand I'm very conservative about this sort of thing - even if the risk of something bad happening is low I worry and try to change things to reduce the risk.

I trust her completely with our children, though. She beats up on herself more than she deserves when something like this happens, and you can bet she's also getting an earful from her mother and a chiropractor friend.

Suffice to say, this is not the worst that could have happened, she's just the kind of person that prefers learning from her own experience.

-Adam

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, steiny. I hope the little guy mends quickly.

I have a knack for seeing what bad can happen. It makes me a little paranoid. I would have been the one wanting the kid off the bed.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Man, I feel bad for the forum's parents! Thinking good thoughts for your little ones, Jake and stieny.

Also, Rob, one of the awesome side effects of my illness is "brain fog," which plays merry hell with my verbal recall also. I'll be on a roll writing something and have to stop all the time to coax the damn words off the tip of my tongue, or just admit defeat and go to Google or the thesaurus for them. Sorry you're experiencing that.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Woo, 5 am, work at 10 and I can't sleep at all.

Gonna be a fun day!

Shakey

Shakey

My head hurts. Why did I drink last night...

Dave

Dave

Why did I think I could pick up Sims 3 and make a game with 6 characters? Holy shit! It's fun, but I haven't even gone through 1 day yet and I already have about 40 screen shots and didn't get to bed until 2!

phil

phil

Test starts in an hour! Going to continue to cram for it, then take it, then get some sleep, then do homework for the same class due at 6pm. I might go to sleep for good once that's all done. Maybe I mean getting a good night's sleep, maybe I mean just strait up dieing! WHO KNOWS?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gonna be a fun day!
Last time I saw a clock it was about 7. Headed into work now. Ugh.

Gusto

Gusto

Why did I think I could pick up Sims 3 and make a game with 6 characters? Holy shit! It's fun, but I haven't even gone through 1 day yet and I already have about 40 screen shots and didn't get to bed until 2!
Haha, yeah it's overwhelming if you've never played it before. There are even a ton of new things between Sims 2 and 3. I find playing a house with 8 people in it is only possible if I crank up their autonomy and only interfere a tiny bit. :) More entertaining too. :D

RANT: We're putting in a new bay window today, so there is currently a 5' by 9' hole in the front of my house. It's cold and kinda rainy today. And I cannot STAND the cold. :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gonna be a fun day!
Last time I saw a clock it was about 7. Headed into work now. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

It gets better! Drove 25 minutes to work and found out they don't need me today! I just wasted a gallon of gas and half my morning.

Dave

Dave

Gonna be a fun day!
Last time I saw a clock it was about 7. Headed into work now. Ugh.[/quote]

It gets better! Drove 25 minutes to work and found out they don't need me today! I just wasted a gallon of gas and half my morning.[/QUOTE]

I seriously wish my work would have said that this morning. I'd waste the gas if I could go home.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw man. It's awesome that you're doing it but don't worry if it stops being fun!

Dave

Dave

Aw man. It's awesome that you're doing it but don't worry if it stops being fun![/QUOTE]

If it wasn't fun I would have quit at 10 and gone to bed. I looked up at the clock and went "Holy Shit!"

Cajungal

Cajungal

O good. ^_^ Then carry on!

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah Dave I made my family of 8 Sims and not counting all the times I had to stop and ask people for amendments, it took me 3.5 hours.

Then an additional 2.5 to build the house, and probably another hour to decorate and furnish it to everyone's specifications.

If anyone ever asks me how much time I've spent playing video games, I'll just say:

- World of Warcraft
- The Sims 2
- The Sims 3 (and rising!)(it only came out in frickin' June!)

Dave

Dave

I first tried to build my own house and was disappointed that you couldn't furnish whole rooms as a set. So I bought a larger house, added stairs going up to an upper floor and had the Gal sisters move up there.

One question. How do we know whose room belongs to whom? I want the two girls to sleep upstairs but Chaz keeps going there like he owns the joint.

Gusto

Gusto

Once people sleep in a bed they kinda "imprint" themselves on it. So the first night you gotta kinda tell people where to sleep and after that they'll autonomously decide to sleep in "their" bed unless you tell them otherwise.

ThatNickGuy

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Not only am I unbearably frustrated/stressed/feeling like a complete and total idiot about an upcoming writing assignment for Non-Fiction writing, but I can't seem to buy a goddamn fucking month bus pass. Why? Because very few locations in the city accept either debit or credit card as a form of payment. How the hell can a major form of a city-wide transportation not accept either as a form of payment in this day and age?

And this assignment. Fuck, I don't know. I have to break down a paragraph of a non-fiction essay, finding all the different grammatical definitions within it (participal phrase, etc) and then write a short essay of my own in the same style. Unfortunately, even though I'd like to think of myself as a good writer, I've never remembered what all those different things are. We have a grammar book that's confusing as hell and even then, all the definitions go right over my fucking head.

Couple that with the fact that I have no social life, lonely as hell, been single for five years (haven't been laid just as long) and just...hating everything about my life these days. Feeling like a loser. Honestly, I've been tempted to just step out into traffic a few times while I've been crossing the street.

phil

phil

Failed my test like a man. Time to comfort myself with an episode of Arrested Development, chocolate milk, and a light nap before crackin' down on homework.

It's good to be the king.

Dave

Dave

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Not only am I unbearably frustrated/stressed/feeling like a complete and total idiot about an upcoming writing assignment for Non-Fiction writing, but I can't seem to buy a goddamn fucking month bus pass. Why? Because very few locations in the city accept either debit or credit card as a form of payment. How the hell can a major form of a city-wide transportation not accept either as a form of payment in this day and age?

And this assignment. Fuck, I don't know. I have to break down a paragraph of a non-fiction essay, finding all the different grammatical definitions within it (participal phrase, etc) and then write a short essay of my own in the same style. Unfortunately, even though I'd like to think of myself as a good writer, I've never remembered what all those different things are. We have a grammar book that's confusing as hell and even then, all the definitions go right over my fucking head.

Couple that with the fact that I have no social life, lonely as hell, been single for five years (haven't been laid just as long) and just...hating everything about my life these days. Feeling like a loser. Honestly, I've been tempted to just step out into traffic a few times while I've been crossing the street.
Read the Mav thread about how to socialize. I know you have issues with meeting new people, but don't you have any friends to hang out with?

Gusto

Gusto

I'm wearing a long sleeve tee under two sweaters and I'm still freezing. Fuck this giant hole in my house.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gonna be a fun day!
Last time I saw a clock it was about 7. Headed into work now. Ugh.[/quote]

It gets better! Drove 25 minutes to work and found out they don't need me today! I just wasted a gallon of gas and half my morning.[/QUOTE]

I seriously wish my work would have said that this morning. I'd waste the gas if I could go home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you have a nickel in your bank account you tend to prefer to work, even if you're dead on your feet. :drama:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm wearing a long sleeve tee under two sweaters and I'm still freezing. Fuck this giant hole in my house.
... why is there a giant hole in your house?

Gusto

Gusto

... why is there a giant hole in your house?[/QUOTE]

PROTIP: Read my previous rant - we're putting in a new bay window today and it's 5 degrees Celsius outside.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Fuck this giant hole in my house.
If I were that large, :hitit:

Gusto

Gusto

It was just a matter of time. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

any idea how to perform foreplay on drywall?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Drywall doesn't want foreplay, it just wants to get nailed.

Iaculus

See, now there's your problem...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Drywall doesn't want foreplay, it just wants to get nailed.[/QUOTE]

sure, but only when it gets hammered.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Drywall doesn't want foreplay, it just wants to get nailed.[/QUOTE]

sure, but only when it gets hammered.[/QUOTE]

It's still better than getting screwed.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

either way, when I'm done, that house is going to be a complete wreck

Gusto

Gusto

Gonna rock it to its foundations, eh?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

AGGHHH! My current roommate is moving out in the middle of the effin semester!! Damn it!!! Now I have to find another roommate or go find another place to live!! In the middle of the semester??? Asshole.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I hate having to contact my father. It only underscores the fact that he hasn't spoken to me since I became disabled and I inevitably get depressed. Maybe I'll get phenomenally lucky and he'll actually answer this email, which only has to do with a bit of family medical history.

EDIT: Well, he replied. He didn't answer the question.

I know I'm a grown woman and all that shit but I'm going to go cry now.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Gonna rock it to its foundations, eh?
yeah

Shakey

Shakey

So, my grandma has alzheimers. She's had it for a while now, and it's gotten pretty bad. Lately she has been in and out of the hospital frequently for pneumonia, and they finally figured out why she keeps getting it. Apparently due to the alzheimers her throat doesn't work right anymore. Some of her food is going into her lungs when she eats. They asked my grandpa to start thinking about when they should stop trying to treat the pneumonia...

Now it's time to put on a happy face and go to a wedding.

Alucard

In my opinions weddings suck at least the one with my brother

Rob King

Rob King

GAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I am at the theater anywhere between one to three times weekly, and I still did not know that this was being shown. And I did so love Evangelion, too.

DAMMIT!

D

Dubyamn

GAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I am at the theater anywhere between one to three times weekly, and I still did not know that this was being shown. And I did so love Evangelion, too.

DAMMIT!

Watch the first couple episodes up to the laser shooting cube thing, imagine a few scenes with Rei and Shinji looking looking awkward and Gendo and his second saying how they should make the 2 closer and a scene of the last angel on the moon.

There you saw the first Evangelion movie.

Rob King

Rob King

Thanks man! I'll just go pop some popcorn and read your post again :p

Rob King

Rob King

I need to get a blog, because I think I use this thread far too much.

Rant1: I've been practicing line drawings in pen. I can do pretty well with most things, but somehow I cannot do humans. At all. Not a model, not even from a photograph. I'll keep practicing, but so far this weekend, I've done 20ish pages, none of them worth half a damn. Ink is so unforgiving.

Rant2: We just went over our monthly interweb limit. I didn't even know we had a limit. Anyhow, now I have to slack off my heavy internet usage, and this makes me less than happy.

Rant3: Old ex girlfriend that I've been hanging out with, and trying to maintain a friendship with, is acting girlfriend-y. She's saying girlfriend-y things. This really concerns me. I am not interested in her, but I hate hurting people's feelings.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hurt her now instead of much later!!!

As for your art, practice makes perfect! :) You can do it! Cajungal believes in you.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

IT IS MONDAY.

At least it's a four day week.... FOR STUDENTS!!

I hate coming to school on Fridays when there's no students.... WAGGAHAHGAGAGAGA

Iaculus

DAMMIT!

Watch the first couple episodes up to the laser shooting cube thing, imagine a few scenes with Rei and Shinji looking looking awkward and Gendo and his second saying how they should make the 2 closer and a scene of the last angel on the moon.

There you saw the first Evangelion movie.[/QUOTE]

On the plus side, the new visuals were very pretty. New Ramiel = creepy.

Also, the second film takes a rapid turn for the batshit insane.

Incidentally, though I realise it's nowhere near the same, you can actually find a decent-quality version on the 'net with a quick Googlesearch.

Wasabi Poptart

I think I accidentally donated my daughter's Halloween costume to Goodwill. Otherwise, a portal from the 5th dimension has opened up in my bedroom and it was the only thing taken away.

Silvanesti

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

I pay my motherufcking rent on motherfucking time so i expect you to fix motherfucking problems on motherfucking time.

I told you about this fucking problem over two months ago. I told you about it again a week ago. And now theres a giant hole in my bathroom cealing because you're a fucking dumbass.

:explode:

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I pay my motherufcking rent on motherfucking time so i expect you to fix motherfucking problems on motherfucking time.

I told you about this fucking problem over two months ago. I told you about it again a week ago. And now theres a giant hole in my bathroom cealing because you're a fucking dumbass.

How weird...a post of mine from about 8 years ago seems to have resurfaced.

Seriously, good luck with that. I ended up just living with the hole in the ceiling.

Adam

Adammon

In my opinions weddings suck at least the one with my brother
Problem solved: Don't marry your brother :D

Rob King

Rob King

How weird...a post of mine from about 8 years ago seems to have resurfaced.

Seriously, good luck with that. I ended up just living with the hole in the ceiling.[/QUOTE]

Yup. She was a good neighbor like that. :eyebrows:

~The Tenant Upstairs

Cajungal

Cajungal

Grrr....

I've been trying to upload my newest uke video, but it keep failing! :waah:

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

^like my grammar just now.

Gusto

Gusto

Thanksgiving is cancelled for ol' Gusto.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:waah: Sorry

Rob King

Rob King

Fuck. I'm hurting someone very much on the phone right now.

Better now than later. But I hate being here.

Extended rant upcoming. I could use a hug, though. :(

Gusto

Gusto

HUGS!

Cajungal

Cajungal

*HUG!*

Rob King

Rob King

So.

Dated girl two years ago. Crashed and burned. Slowly. Very slowly. I declared that we should split up in November. She agreed. I've since discovered that she ALWAYS agrees. As long as things are hypothetical, or only in the planning stages, she'll agree. When it comes to action, well ... we finally split in January, and it was a goddamn mess.

Every so often, we've run into each-other and had conversations. It's been civil. We were very good friends before, and she is very special to me. A huge influence on my life. Important.

This September, we decided we'd be friends again. We got together for a movie about three weeks back, and it was fine. We discussed the fact that there was tension in the air. After we talked about tension, we ended up in my bed for five hours. Not doing anything heavy, but we pretended like it was okay. Neither of us wanted a relationship with each-other (I suspect she was lying ... as I said before, she agrees when things deal with non-realities) and we were both just lonely.

I knew it was a bad idea, but I was satisfied. Happy, even, for a day. Then, the next time we were together, she didn't want to do anything. No movies, no TV, no going out, no nothing. We cooked supper, and then essentially just ended up fooling around in bed again.

Same thing next time, minus the supper. And the next. And the next.

Finally, I realize that this is bad news. We've ended up in the same garbage relationship we had two years ago, and I didn't want that. I told her today that we need to dial things back. We can't hang out so frequently. Once every few weeks is enough. We also can't hang out so privately. We need to go to the mall, a movie, or something like that. Otherwise things get physical.

She 'doesn't understand.' We end up talking about it, and then she launches in to how she's going through a hard time right now, and she needs a good friend to be there for her. I told her I want to be her friend, but she needs other people in her life to lean on. I can't be her rock. She starts guilting me into being that rock, and yet she says she doesn't want me to be her rock, just her friend. I ask her how many other friends she's called tonight to talk about this stuff to. The obvious answer is zero. She stays silent.

I want to be her friend. But I can't be her only friend. I can't be her principal friend. Like I said, she is important to me, but I need to move on with my life. There is another relationship that I want to pursue, that could end in a healthy relationship for me. Maybe that sounds selfish, but she needs a life without Rob too.

Anyhow. During her weeping, she asked why I allowed us to grow so close in the last few weeks if I didn't want such a close friendship. I told her it's because I thought things would be different. Things are the same, and that's why they fail again. When she asks what needs to change, I decide to go with the harsh reality: "You need to mature."

Nobody likes hearing that. But I don't regret saying it. It's true. She's 21 years old, and the 'whole bunch of crap' she's going through in life right now? Her mother is out of town, and she's home alone for the first time in her life.

I wish she had a mentor who would tell her to go out and live. Get her own apartment. Go away for school. Do something to mature.

Maybe then we could really be friends, instead of me being the sole anchor for a rickety ship in a stormy sea.

And now I'm going to go cry. As true as it is that we need to be away from each other, it kills me that I'm hurting her.

Hugs plz? :(

Wasabi Poptart

Rob - What you did was a whole lot better than stringing her along or holding out for something to change. It sucks to hurt someone you care about, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

*hugs*

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It couldn't have been easy, Rob, but it sounds like you did what was best for both of you. You can be comfortable and she can (hopefully) move on.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What she said, pal. You did what what had to be done. I'm sure you're hurting, but if it's the right thing to do, you've gotta look out for yourself.

I wish you a happier day tomorrow.

Rob King

Rob King

Thanks, guys. It's not quite my most favorite day in recent memory, but I hope things will get better.

Silvanesti

This is the step by step breakdown of a totally fucking incompetent landlord

First there was water dripping:

Which caused a small hole and large crack to appear:

Which, when left alone with more water, allowed that hole and crack to get bigger:

Eventually the entire fucking area collapses.

The entire time I was calling once a day over the course of two weeks. The fucking asshole did nothing.

Awesome.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I wish she had a mentor who would tell her to go out and live. Get her own apartment. Go away for school. Do something to mature.

Maybe then we could really be friends, instead of me being the sole anchor for a rickety ship in a stormy sea.

And now I'm going to go cry. As true as it is that we need to be away from each other, it kills me that I'm hurting her.
I hate to say it, but she'll be okay.

You did what was right for both you and her. She's really young and she will get over you and move on to other guys. (Or girls.) If she's really smart, she'll learn something from what you told her -- if not now, then eventually.

I was in almost the exact same boat when I broke up with the guy I was dating, after I met Mr. ZM. I had already been planning to break up with him and the reason was simple: I was his "one," but he was not mine. And he was only 24 at the time, mature in some ways but not in others, and similarly I was kind of his only friend and lifeline.

When we broke up he took it really fucking hard, so I understand where you are right now. But eventually he made a much better life for himself, developing new hobbies and making friends, which he never bothered to do when we were together even though after the first six months or so it was long distance.

Is it better to hurt her now, or further along when things are more serious? You really did the right thing, and extra points for being so honest with her. I could have used a break-up like that in my early 20s where someone told me what I was doing wrong. And I don't mean to sound heartless towards her; it just sounds so much like this is the best for both of you.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dear chucklefucks a few balconies over, thanks for spending 3:30-4:30 or longer laughing like coke-addled hyenas. I didn't want a good night's sleep anyway.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I'm eating a tic tac for breakfast because the brand new bag of bagels I purchased is starting to mold?

*siiiiiigh*

Rob and Zen... hoo boy. Been there. Done that. It sucks to hurt someone who used to be such a good friend. :(

Fun Size

Fun Size

So, apparently they sent home a notice that today was picture day at my daughter's school. I say "apparently" because my daughter was home sick with strep throat yesterday. So I get an email this morning letting me know this (real helpful, guys - thanks), and now I'm stressed because this is the second year in a row she went in on picture day without wearing the outfit we specifically bought for picture day. Last year I ran the outfit to school and had her change. This year, I think we're going for the retakes.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Rob: big hugs, dude. Been in a similar situation and such....My best advice is not to turn into me, circa 6 months ago :confused:. You did the right thing, really.

strawman

strawman

So, apparently they sent home a notice that today was picture day at my daughter's school. I say "apparently" because my daughter was home sick with strep throat yesterday. So I get an email this morning letting me know this (real helpful, guys - thanks), and now I'm stressed because this is the second year in a row she went in on picture day without wearing the outfit we specifically bought for picture day. Last year I ran the outfit to school and had her change. This year, I think we're going for the retakes.
Ugh. School pictures. We did them a few times in the past, but it was just too expensive to do it every year for every kid.

We finally did family portraits last year at Olin Mills in Kmart, and got THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE WORLD. She must have been, because not only were the kids tired and hungry, but the photos were perfect. She got them to smile naturally, pose, etc.

It was cheap compared to school photos, we got more than enough individual shots of the kids (rather than assembly line photography by amateurs at school), and we got the right to reproduce the photos (they came on CD in full resolution).

So yeah, when school called today to remind us, "We haven't received your picture orders..." we said, "That's true, you haven't. Don't hold your breath."

It's great that the school makes a bit of money off this, no school has too much money, but I'm not paying THAT much for such low quality portraits.

Also, rant rant rant about work: If you want me to generate the correct data, you've got to give me the inputs first. If you give me the wrong file, of course I'm going to generate the wrong data and no, I can't go back in time and generate the data by the end of today with the correct inputs. If you're wasting time in an expensive testing lab, I feel sorry that you are suffering due to your poor execution of your job.

Blech.

-Adam

Silvanesti

That's crazy...
What an asshole of a landlord.... Sowwiez...

Now what?
No idea. I was pissed about the little hole (about 3 inches or so) now that the entire area is fucked I can't even use my shower now.

Best of all the fucking prick doesn't seem particuallarly worried "Oh if i can't fix it then i guess I'll call a plumber"

Awesome, yeah, good idea to wait off on calling the guy that could fix it right away.

Rob King

Rob King

You know ... this might sound narcissistic, but I want to get a portrait done of myself now. I haven't gotten a studio photograph of myself since my high school grad (4 years ago now), and if I ever get a personal website up, it might be nice to put up a picture NOT taken by a camera-phone ...

Wasabi Poptart

Dear Discover Card:

FUCK YOU! You're raising your rate to nearly 30% plus prime when the account holder has an excellent credit/FICO score, a low balance, and makes his payments on time? You can jam that credit card in your bunghole, douchebags.

Oh and, just for good measure, fuck you.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Yeah, two of my credit cards pulled that shit, and then AmEx ($250 balance, been paying off the $15 minimum like clockwork) cancelled my card because of all the newly huge monthly payments on those other cards. WTF.

Dave

Dave

All of my credit cards have been mulched. They're just too damned easy to use.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I just honestly, seriously, don't understand this odd thing about credit cards wherever you people live. I have a VISA, it charges me next to nothing, it's free. I mostly just use it for cash withdrawals abroad, in restaurants, and for on line payments, and it's well worth it. Just...Come on! Keep track of what you have, what you spend, and pay everything in your mind when you pay it, not when the bill "suddenly" comes. I don't get how intelligent, careful, etc people can end up in credit troubel without outside influence. (Mind this last bit. I can absolutely understand being the picture perfect example of great accounting and suddenly landing in deep shit due to unexpected costs. Totaled cars, high medical bills, whatever.)

Oh well.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, ok, that might be a slight hickup there.
Though Argenta still gives out free Visa with their accounts, as long as they're paid off at the end of the month and the account doesn't go negative :-P

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I just honestly, seriously, don't understand this odd thing about credit cards wherever you people live.
Thanks for the lecture but you may have noticed both Frau VildSoul and myself talked about getting screwed despite GOOD credit practices. It's called "fallout from the U.S. economy nosedive."

Wasabi Poptart

I just honestly, seriously, don't understand this odd thing about credit cards wherever you people live.
Thanks for the lecture but you may have noticed both Frau VildSoul and myself talked about getting screwed despite GOOD credit practices. It's called "fallout from the U.S. economy nosedive."[/QUOTE]

Exactly. My husband and I both have excellent credit scores. It was his card before we were married. He has never made a late payment. He has always kept a small balance which he has paid a little more than the minimum payment on each month. There is nothing wrong with how he has handled his account. The credit card company has raised their interest rates regardless because they are trying to recoup their losses from people who have defaulted on their accounts and eliminate small-time customers like us because we don't make the institution enough money.

strawman

strawman

Every time the CC companies do that, my wife gets on the phone, reads them the riot act, and they reduce the interest rate.

However, it wasn't until this year that we finally paid off all our credit cards, and only have mortgage/education/vehicle debt.

But yes, in general the CC companies are evil.

Keep in mind that when they say they are hurting by the economy, they are lying through their teeth. Between retail fees (1-3% + $0.35 per transaction, and they do millions of transactions daily) and interest rates they charge customers, nothing but an apocalypse can cause them to hurt, even if half their customers default.

Like many other businesses they are taking advantage of the 'economic climate' to introduce changes that will only make them more profitable, but would be unpopular if done at any other time.

-Adam

MindDetective

MindDetective

You guys made me go check my credit card interest rate! Whew. I'm not getting screwed. You had me worried, though. Really.

strawman

strawman

You guys made me go check my credit card interest rate! Whew. I'm not getting screwed. You had me worried, though. Really.
It's a good time to check. As far as I can tell they are almost randomly jacking up interest rates to obscene levels, hoping customers won't notice (and I bet many don't).

-Adam

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I can't really talk about what I'm angry about just in case someone tracks me to this forum, however unlikely that may be, but FUCK am I angry.

Wasabi Poptart

Every time the CC companies do that, my wife gets on the phone, reads them the riot act, and they reduce the interest rate.
I usually do that, too. Earlier in the year I got a notice from my credit card company saying they were raising my credit limit. I didn't need such a high limit and had planned to call them to ask to have to put back to my normal limit. I procrastinated. A few weeks later, I got a notice that they were raising the interest rate to 15% plus prime. The letter said to call their 800 number if you wanted to refuse the new rate and close the account. So I called. I told the representative that as a long-standing customer whose account has always been in good order I should not have to pay such a high rate especially since my credit limit was just raised considerably. I was told I was welcome to close my account if I felt the rate was unfair. So I did.

Nile

Nile

We dated for a month back in June. Please, move on. There's a difference between being friendly and what you're doing now. We've now been separated for.. 3 times longer than we were dating. GET OVER ME AND MOVE ON. I know I have.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Thanks for the lecture but you may have noticed both Frau VildSoul and myself talked about getting screwed despite GOOD credit practices. It's called "fallout from the U.S. economy nosedive."[/QUOTE]

Exactly. My husband and I both have excellent credit scores. It was his card before we were married. He has never made a late payment. He has always kept a small balance which he has paid a little more than the minimum payment on each month. There is nothing wrong with how he has handled his account. The credit card company has raised their interest rates regardless because they are trying to recoup their losses from people who have defaulted on their accounts and eliminate small-time customers like us because we don't make the institution enough money.[/QUOTE]

And you may be interpreting something as being directed towards you that totally wasn't. Just a small possibility, of course.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Fuck fuck crappity fucking crap. Goddamn motherfucking assholes. I voted for Trutanich, that slimy douchestick. Ass-sucking bait-and-switcher.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/10/cooley-says-pot-dispensaries-will-be-prosecuted.html

(The guy quoted at the end is my friend who runs the only dispensary I go to. It's a model of safe, compassionate access which has been around for many years, and Barry is a model of a law-abiding MMJ activist. I knew he was going to protest there and they probably picked him to interview because he looks like a regular guy and not a dumbass pothead.)

Oh, and anyone who wants to argue about legality and so forth with me? Pick your moment. This isn't it.

:mad2:

phil

phil

I am charlie, and the kid is my computer science class. Apparently I'm making a B in it, but I still feel like it could be a trick.

drifter

drifter

It's a good time to check. As far as I can tell they are almost randomly jacking up interest rates to obscene levels, hoping customers won't notice (and I bet many don't).

-Adam[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! Evidently, I won't be using my Mastercard much any more. Viva Visa!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Blech. The LSU/Florida game approaches. Better get any weekend provisions I need on Friday. On Saturday my town will be chock full of tailgaters, I won't be able to escape our damn school colors anywhere, and the air will smell like light beer and chicken fingers until Monday afternoon.

Gusto

Gusto

GET 'RUNK SEEJ.

Cajungal

Cajungal

O, I shall. Jeez, I've been really bleak about this whole damn weekend. Oh well... the game's the perfect excuse to keep the fella in all day. :unibrow:

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, I took a new job about a month ago.

It's a good job...the department is full of socially awkward programmer types, so I don't have to justify my existence to some type-a personality marketing dumbass.

Everyone here understands the nature of the business: Some weeks you might work 60 hours to meet a deadline. Some weeks, you might not have any work at all. You're not expected to invent work to 'look busy'. The other day I saw one of my co-workers playing Aion at his desk, and nobody cared.

I got a $7500/year raise when i took the job, which is a mighty fine raise indeed.

They have flex time here, so i can come in early, work through part of lunch, and leave at 3:30 pm so that I can make sure I'm on time to pick up all the kids from school.

I gave up an office to take the job, and now I'm in a cubicle, but there are only 4 of them. they're 6 feet tall, and all spaced so that nobody can sneak up behind you while you're working..."for maximum privacy" my boss says.

So, why is this a rant?

The guy in the cubicle behind me.

Every 10-15 minutes he takes a huge deep breath and lets out the most emo sigh in the world. You can hear it throughout the entire office. It sounds like he just got bad news, and his life has sucked so bad up until this point that he can't even get angry about it. All he can do is sigh this huge martyr sigh. The kind of sigh that screams "please ask me what's wrong so I can tell you my troubles, going on and on with my litany of pain and disappointment until you claw your eyeballs from their sockets in agony."

I swear to god that i just want to hand him a razor and say "look, dude, if life sucks so bad, just go ahead and take care of business."

But I know it's not because he's depressed. He's been doing it the entire month I've been here. And he's an upbeat guy, and not any kind of Debbie Downer at all. It's just some kind of behavioral quirk.

But jesus fuck is it annoying.

phil

phil

HOLY FUCK YOU STUPID CAT!

The god damn thing just chewed through my headphones cord! I kept telling it to not fuckin' do that and tried to scare it off when it did but just now as it was laying on my stomach as I watched Hulu it fuckin' bit right through the thing.

I'm [---] this close to leaving the door open and letting the damn thing just be someone else's problem.

Why did my roommate have to get a fuckin' cat? I hope he dosen't mind me having my speakers back on my computer and us competing for sound again, 'cause that's the way it's going to be from now on.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Now I can't even punish it!

I put it in the bathroom (after making sure the toilet and stuff was closed so it couldn't drown or anything) and the insufferable meowing is so sad sounding that I know I won't last 5 minutes before letting it out.

Fun Size

Fun Size

HOLY FUCK YOU STUPID CAT!

The god damn thing just chewed through my headphones cord! I kept telling it to not fuckin' do that and tried to scare it off when it did but just now as it was laying on my stomach as I watched Hulu it fuckin' bit right through the thing.

I'm [---] this close to leaving the door open and letting the damn thing just be someone else's problem.

Why did my roommate have to get a fuckin' cat? I hope he dosen't mind me having my speakers back on my computer and us competing for sound again, 'cause that's the way it's going to be from now on.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Now I can't even punish it!

I put it in the bathroom (after making sure the toilet and stuff was closed so it couldn't drown or anything) and the insufferable meowing is so sad sounding that I know I won't last 5 minutes before letting it out.
Bitter apple spray. You get it at the pet store. Spritz your cords, and kitty ceases taking interest. Non-toxic and everything.

phil

phil

My roommate said some people use hot sauce to prevent this kind of thing. Sounds a lot more fun :flame:

eh, whatever. Jeff has it in his room now, and says he can fix my headphones.

Time to figure out how to do shit with CSS pages for my computer science labwork.