[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Uh-oh, looks like Jase and Robbie might be going to The Trenches.

(Cole's suggesting they get involved in Game Testing, which was the original premise of The Trenches...)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO GWEN! Made her a horrifying eggplant they did.

Uh-oh, looks like Jase and Robbie might be going to The Trenches.

(Cole's suggesting they get involved in Game Testing, which was the original premise of The Trenches...)
The Trenches hasn't been updated in over a year. We might get a week of strips about them doing it, but it'll be on PVP, not The Trenches.

figmentPez

Staff member
I used to follow a webcomic called The Zombie Hunters. It was very well done but then the creator kept getting sick and/or stressed. The last comic was a year ago because she's still dealing with severe depression. I'm not complaining because I got it for free, but a lot of her readers spent money pre-ordering the books and they're still waiting.
Update comic

Why is Max so angry about Cole hiring Jase and Robbie back? Max was able to turn both of them into well-behaved, productive employees by doing what Cole couldn't - setting limits on their behavior.

Also, I'm positive that they burned Robbie and Jase's couch. "It was so full of spilled beer and farts it went up like a roman candle" or something to that extent.

Why is Max so angry about Cole hiring Jase and Robbie back? Max was able to turn both of them into well-behaved, productive employees by doing what Cole couldn't - setting limits on their behavior.
Maybe he's just making sure he doesn't end up having to manage them again by shaming Cole about it. I mean who wants extra work?

And easily the most annoying character from the strip as well.
Honestly I think they were all equally annoying, especially the awful monster they made out of Gwen. "Hmmm, my job isn't fulfilling, how should I deal with this? I KNOW-I'll get a bunch of interns to rip off the game so I can get more work! That sounds like a sane thing to do!"

Dave

Staff member
IN this case the copy paste works because it shows that Jase is doing nothing while the other guy moves from emotion to emotion.

So are Scott Kurtz and Frank Cho no longer friends? This past week paraphrased:

Cho: "Any day now, DC's gonna ditch Rucka and come crawling back to me, asking me to write and draw a new Wonder Woman series for them."

DC: "We have no plans to let Cho anywhere near Wonder Woman again."

Kurtz: "lol what a dipshit"

I thought they parted ways when Cho took liberties with his continuity?
...which I can't link to because apparently it's been excised from the archive (2010-04-24 & 2010-04-25)
...good thing some other fella has it on his DeviantArt.

--Patrick
IIRC they were still buddies at that, but Scott took it down because of reactions (such as from his dad). Maybe I missed something from back then, but I don't recall any animosity between the two over it. I also really thought that incident was from years earlier, like from back when Straub was still doing the Blank Label Comics podcast. Then again, Scott and Kris have been on audio together for lots of things and might have been conversing about it on something else.

I admit the catfish one made me chuckle.[DOUBLEPOST=1479427017,1479426477][/DOUBLEPOST]The more I think about it, the more I think they are amusing because lolbat says pretty much nothing in them, he even looks to be breaking character at the end of the Catfish strip and does not react at all other then annoyance at the cell tower strip. It's amazing how clever they can be when you are not forced to listen to lolbat go "y u do dis?"

Honestly, this might be Scott building up for him to quit lolbat now that his alter ego is filthy rich, he is just tired of this shit.