not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 10 my father's company moved us to Michigan. For about 2 months we lived in a hotel suite, and ate breakfast at McDonalds seemingly daily - on the company dime (man, relocation compensation was sweet back then. Now you're lucky if they cover the cost of a moving company) - while my parents were househunting.

I loved McDonalds then, and I still crave most of their foods. It's nothing like a real, good hamburger.

But it's not supposed to be - it's simply McDonald's and it's enjoyable as its own thing.
Yeah buddy!

I agree there's the taste of a good, off the grill burger.
And there's also the luscious deliciousness of a double quarterpounder dripping with ketchup.

Awww yeah.

M

makare

I like McDonald's fine sometimes. I love their fries. But I have never seen so many fast food bags in one place as that one guys. I think he lives on it. Which is his business but kind of made me squeamish.

I like MY McDonald's burgers like I like my shards of broken glass: not in my stomach! Blegh! Give me a Carl's Jr. burger anyday over that! (With a side of crisscut fries! :p)

The main time I love me some McD's is when I have to drive long distances, and I don't have much time. But for the last 10 years or so, they got rid of the damn wrapper in favor of a cardboard box. While usually dry enough to eat and drive, you just don't have the confidence that you will not spill grease and ketchup down your shirt.

M

makare

I hate Carl's Jr on principle. They bought Hardees and turned their burgers into "thick burger" and fuck that shit. They take forever to cook and I liked the other ones better. Screw you Carl's Jr... screw you with a fork covered in Tabasco.

I like MY McDonald's burgers like I like my shards of broken glass: not in my stomach! Blegh! Give me a Carl's Jr. burger anyday over that! (With a side of crisscut fries! :p)
I had to look that "crisscut fries" thing up, we call the waffle fries. With a Carl's Jr opening here in town (never eaten at one) I might have to try them. Kinda looking forward to seeing if their burgers are all that they've been hyped to be by people on different message boards.

M

makare

The fries at five guys are great but the burgers are just burgers as far as I saw.

Delicious delicious salt sticks.
Added at: 18:51
UuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUGH, now I want Fatburger, but I gotta drive 8 hours to the city to get some.

I hate Carl's Jr on principle. They bought Hardees and turned their burgers into "thick burger" and fuck that shit. They take forever to cook and I liked the other ones better. Screw you Carl's Jr... screw you with a fork covered in Tabasco.
I went to a Hardees when I was in Virginia, and it wasn't quite the same as a Carl's Jr. in my opinion. I'll admit that Carl's does take longer to make their burgers, but they taste so much better than McDonald's that it's worth it.

J

Jiarn

Carl's Jr is lightyears beyond any of the fast food burger franchises around here (Burger King, McDonalds, Jack in the box, Whataburger, Wendys)

M

makare

I went to a Hardees when I was in Virginia, and it wasn't quite the same as a Carl's Jr. in my opinion. I'll admit that Carl's does take longer to make their burgers, but they taste so much better than McDonald's that it's worth it.
That's what it says on the side of the building "The wait is worth it" Not for me it isn't. I have just stopped eating there altogether. Fuck those guys.

M

makare

more like 12-15 and if you are on a lunch break or in another situation where you want FAST food that is a long time. Don't say it is fast food if it isn't going to be fast.

M

makare

So 5-6 minutes for three people in line that is at least 15 minutes. At lunch you might have 6 -10 people in line. Right?

So 5-6 minutes for three people in line that is at least 15 minutes. At lunch you might have 6 -10 people in line. Right?
.....there's no way they make each person wait for their order before they start on the next one. The grill isn't one burger big.

M

makare

Arent they made to order burgers? The over all time is still more than the individual time depending on when each person gets in line.

The times Ive had to wait 12-15 minutes it has always been during lunch with three or so people in line with my actual wait AT THE WINDOW at least 5 minutes.

J

Jiarn

I meant 5-6 minutes from the moment I ordered to the moment I was eating my burger.

In-n-Out>5 Guys > Carl's > Hardee's > BK > McDonald's. IMHO.

Although, don't get me wrong, I will freakin' DESTROY a Double Quarter Pounder any day of the week...

Oh gosh, that gave me a case of the giggles but I'm not 100% sure why.

Anyways, I like the Micky D's chicken something or other sammich. Too much mayo usually, though. I have to scrape some off.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I go to MacDonald's when I hit a craving for nuggets. The other major hamburger franchise here, Hesburger, doesn't really have nuggets.

Burgerwise... meh, I've been trying to cut back. If a craving hits, I'll grab a cheeseburger at Hese.

We dont have such a big choice of fastfood Burgerplaces.We got McD and Burger King. That is it. Though a year or two ago we got Jim Block. It's a Spin Off from a Steak House and they do Glorious Burgers.

Arent they made to order burgers? The over all time is still more than the individual time depending on when each person gets in line.

The times Ive had to wait 12-15 minutes it has always been during lunch with three or so people in line with my actual wait AT THE WINDOW at least 5 minutes.
Made to order means that they'll put whatever topings you want on it when you order it. Why wouldn't you cook up like 20 burgers during lunch rush? That's what all the burger joints do.

All this dang talk about Quarter Pounders made me go and get one for lunch today. I have now atoned for my sins during the last month. j/k

Why in the world would someone come back to our store, just to gripe about the COMPLEMENTARY gift packaging that we do for weddings? It wasn't that it was packed poorly, she actually liked that, not that the staff wasn't friendly... but that the packaging has changed since the last time she got a wedding gift from us. We changed it 2 years ago, from white w/silver trim to white w/purple trim. She was offended that "those colors just aren't appropriate for a first-time bride." WTH do you want from free packaging? Gold foil and lame`?

M

makare

That's what I thought she meant too but it isn't. Her point was that colors are for the people who are on their second or third not for people who have never married before like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.