not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sleep like an elf: lay perfectly still and stare at the ceiling half-lidded for up to 4 hours a night.

Then I prepare my spells.

M

makare

I went looking for apartments today and the first place we looked was this efficiency occupied by this young guy. Oh my god. You couldn't even see the floor it was completely covered from wall to wall with fast food wrappers and take out bags. I was like aw hell naw. Who can live like that?

Also doesn't he eat anything but McDonalds?!

I lived with a guy like that briefly in college. I was moving in with my Korean friend and one of our mutual friends.. However for the first month or so, It was just going to be me and her brother living in the apartment. It was...my god. The floor was covered with paper and wrappers (also mostly Mcdonalds). The guy wasn't fat, but..he just didnt eat anything else. He spent most of his time playing starcraft and had giant Super-sized cups full of cigarette butts. I couldn't walk across the floor. He never bothered washing the dishes and by the time I moved in, there were little flies buzzing around everywhere. I started to feel ill just living there. The final straw was when I opened a bag of bananas he had bought previously and was greeted to swarms of writhing maggots. I nearly vomited and got the hell out.

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't care as much if people want to eat gross food all the time. I just don't want to be surrounded by filth. I'm a very cluttered person, but my place stays clean at least.

Are you kidding me? Some of my best drunk stories from college ended with me waking up in a strange place surrounded by Big Mac containers.

When I was 10 my father's company moved us to Michigan. For about 2 months we lived in a hotel suite, and ate breakfast at McDonalds seemingly daily - on the company dime (man, relocation compensation was sweet back then. Now you're lucky if they cover the cost of a moving company) - while my parents were househunting.

I loved McDonalds then, and I still crave most of their foods. It's nothing like a real, good hamburger.

But it's not supposed to be - it's simply McDonald's and it's enjoyable as its own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.