not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

Maybe it's because I live in small towns but knowing the people who work at restaurants or coffee shops is not unusual around here.

Mathias said:
Here's the worlds smallest violin for all the broke ass baristas.
If you're job was paid on the expectaion of a tip from a customer, would you be upset at the loss of that tip?

When did things get not civil?

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.
Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Why'd you call me Chaz? Dickhead.

But it's not. That's why I went to school, so I wouldn't have to wait tables for assholes who don't tip!
Lol, I have 2 baristas with masters degrees and 5 baristas and bakers with bachelors degrees and you should see the degrees I see on applications every day. It's really easy to say what you just said there but reality is often not as kind or easy as we want it to be.
Added at: 21:25

I did not realize that was from a bit. My bad.

Lol, I have 2 baristas with masters degrees and 5 baristas and bakers with bachelors degrees and you should see the degrees I see on applications every day. It's really easy to say what you just said there but reality is often not as kind or easy as we want it to be.
Added at: 21:25

I did not realize that was from a bit. My bad.
M.A. and B.A.'s don't count :csi:

Mathias said:
But it's not. That's why I went to school, so I wouldn't have to wait tables for assholes who don't tip!
Good for you. You were lucky enough to go to college and make something of yourself. Those in the service industry obviously didn't do enough to make something of themselves. Fuck them, especially when their wages are lowered due to the expectation of tips.

Good for you. You were lucky enough to go to college and make something of yourself. Those in the service industry obviously didn't do enough to make something of themselves. Fuck them, especially when their wages are lowered due to the expectation of tips.
Yup.

Of all the ballsy statements you have made over the years, this one ranks up there. Congrats.
You really, really, really need to brush up on deadpan humor.

You'll live longer.
Added at: 22:31
I'm going to go to a coffee shop right now and spit my coffee right into the barista's face.

You guys can really be fucking dense sometimes...

J

Jiarn

That one was obviously a joke, due to the :yeah: smilie, but the rest? Came across as pretty argumentive

You really, really, really need to brush up on deadpan humor.

You'll live longer.
Added at: 22:31
I'm going to go to a coffee shop right now and spit my coffee right into the barista's face.

You guys can really be fucking dense sometimes...
I was going to respond with something snotty, but forget it. It just isn't worth it.

Wow this is really funny. Fade and I had a discussion not too long ago about what is exactly going on in this thread right now.

J

Jiarn

It's on par with people making jokes about Teachers being overpaid Mathias. It's just not going to come across as funny.

I'm pretty sure Fade and I are oracles.

So I've been thinking about the comment you made on my thread. The one about how people misconstrue the meaning of something said and argue against that idea.

Do you get as annoyed as I do having to rationalize and dumb down everything you say in order to save face from dip shits who don't understand things the first time around? I often find this to be the case outside of the forum too.​

Mathias, Feb 25, 2011 Edit

fade

Yes. On this forum especially. Emotion has more to do with an argument here than actual logic, too. Then they gang up together in these little cliques. It reminds me of ineffective gangbangers on tricycles completely incapable of actually doing a driveby trying to anyway. And yet somehow, their little gang continues to attract new members. On tricycles.​

J

Jiarn

What's going on is people getting butthurt over nothing. Business as usual.

The funny thing is, people don't usually disagree with fade completely, and mostly poke fun at disagreeing with him because it upsets him more than anything.

With you, it's obvious that it's hard for your to push away from the persona you left behind, but get very defensive when someone brings it up. You're pretty much in the same boat as fade.

It has less to do with the forum's opinions than you think. Oh and you get butthurt over a name, I don't think you have any stones to throw in your glass house.

Status
Not open for further replies.