Minor victory thread

Was this related to the banishment announced at Court?
Yup.

Also, you slick motherfucker, I didn't know you were there, or I would have tried to get a photo.[DOUBLEPOST=1493936346,1493936290][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry it was between friends of yours, though.
Well, calling 'em friends might be a stretch, but they were both folks I was friendly with, down here in my area. Hell, I bought brewing supplies from the guy.

Yup.

Also, you slick motherfucker, I didn't know you were there, or I would have tried to get a photo.[DOUBLEPOST=1493936346,1493936290][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well, calling 'em friends might be a stretch, but they were both folks I was friendly with, down here in my area. Hell, I bought brewing supplies from the guy.
That makes sense. Thanks and kudos for helping to deal with the situation!

Yeah, I briefly looked for you one of the nights, but kept getting sidetracked by other people (not to mention Tiberius). Didn't spot you during the day neither... Next time! :p

That makes sense. Thanks and kudos for helping to deal with the situation!

Yeah, I briefly looked for you one of the nights, but kept getting sidetracked by other people (not to mention Tiberius). Didn't spot you during the day neither... Next time! :p
Tiberius has a habit of doing that. I wasn't sure if that was you and your lady on merchant's row, either... was her hair pink?

*sigh* fine.
Best... Cat... ever.

(Fun fact: Votes for the FHM sexiest women list used to be submitted by writing the names of women on pieces of paper and mailing them to the FHM offices, or by filling out an online form on the FHM website. People used to write in votes for her for the FHM sexiest women list back in the early 2000s, except one year a few people accidentally wrote Cat Stevens instead of Cat Deeley, possibly due to confusion with Rachel Stevens of S Club 7. Consequently, Cat Stevens, the elderly male folk singer, was almost voted one of the top 100 sexiest women in the UK)

Last edited:
Best... Cat... ever.

(Fun fact: Votes for the FHM sexiest women list used to be submitted by writing the names of women on pieces of paper and mailing them to the FHM offices. People used to write in votes for her for the FHM sexiest women list back in the early 2000s, except one year a few people accidentally wrote Cat Stevens instead of Cat Deeley, possibly due to confusion with Rachel Stevens of S Club 7. Consequently, Cat Stevens, the elderly male folk singer, was almost voted one of the top 100 sexiest women in the UK)
Reminds me of when People Magazine chose Rich Gannon, the Chiefs QB as the sexiest athlete, but accidentally did the photoshoot with his backup, Elvis Grbac. The magazine felt too bad to tell him that it was a mistake so they just rolled with it.

My sister needs a new laptop after leaving her job, and just spent over $1K on car AC repairs. I've got a 7 year old Acer i3 that's still doing well, and has been sitting idle after trying to set it up for mom didn't work out. After making sure mom is okay with it and I'm not taking anything away from her, sister is getting it. She saves a bunch of money, and I'm the hero of the hour. :D

Cut about $25 from the Comcast bill. Down to just over $200/month. The only real option to cut further is to just drop everything but blast internet. Cutting less than that triggers equipment fees, and if I kept HD and the X1 DVR, I'd be paying more than I am now, even if I dropped the phone.

Ya know what? The more I think about it, the more it seems like a good idea.

Cut about $25 from the Comcast bill. Down to just over $200/month. The only real option to cut further is to just drop everything but blast internet. Cutting less than that triggers equipment fees, and if I kept HD and the X1 DVR, I'd be paying more than I am now, even if I dropped the phone.

Ya know what? The more I think about it, the more it seems like a good idea.
If you posted your budget to r/personalfinance, every other comment would be about cutting the cable. Any equipment fees are amortized quickly by virtue of not having the monthly payment. There's plenty of entertainment and news on the internet.

No idea what your phone (landline/smartphone) monthlies are, but you might want to do some math and see if you'd come ahead by selling your existing stuff, severing contracts (or planning the switch as soon as they expire), and jumping to a low-cost like Republic Wireless, Cricket, and the like.

I didn't completely cut the cord, but I got it down to a savings of about $100/month over the full package I had.

I owe $275 on the 6s hardware. Whatever contracts left expire in September. I'll probably drop everything but the two phones from the plan. I tried to get my mom to use the iPad mini, but she couldn't handle it.

fade

Staff member
I had some amazing luck today. I bought an open box TV yesterday that did not have the factory stand with it. I tried a wall mount, but the one I got was too tight against the wall. So I returned it today to a different best buy. Well I looked around and saw the same TV for sale as an open box. This best buy wanted $300 more, and this one said no remote. Anyway, I was about to leave when i noticed a Best buy bag on the floor next to in, and inside where the two stands. I found an associate, and asked if I could just purchase the stand. He got his manager who said, "just take it”. Nice. That's pure luck.

I had some amazing luck today. I bought an open box TV yesterday that did not have the factory stand with it. I tried a wall mount, but the one I got was too tight against the wall. So I returned it today to a different best buy. Well I looked around and saw the same TV for sale as an open box. This best buy wanted $300 more, and this one said no remote. Anyway, I was about to leave when i noticed a Best buy bag on the floor next to in, and inside where the two stands. I found an associate, and asked if I could just purchase the stand. He got his manager who said, "just take it”. Nice. That's pure luck.
"It was always yours."