Minor victory thread

We have a thread for Epic wins. We have a thread for rants and minor rants. But unless my necro and search powers fail me I can't find a Minor victory thread akin to the minor rant thread.

So I'm making one.

My minor victory. After having a nasty virus on my PC (which included key loggers, root kits, and your general malware) I finally decided I didn't need windows on this PC anymore and have reinstalled Slackware.

It has taken me all morning to remember even what tiny bit I once knew but I am now operational with a new slackware install complete with wireless networking and opera installed.

Like I said, minor victory.

I'm debating between a baked potato or mom's spaghetti for lunch. Either way I win!

L

LordRavage

I made it through this Tuesday. Yes!

P

Philosopher B.

I just caught up on the last couple of Lost eps I missed so I could catch tonight's episode. Glee!

Cajungal

Staff member
I went into a negativity spiral when I experienced some nasty, sudden writer's block this afternoon. But after going for a walk, I remembered that I'm absurd to think I'm an empty person with nothing interesting to say and got halfway through a new chapter. :) Yay! I still think it's still a bunch of mediocre silliness, but at least I am plowing forward.

After months and months of buying the beer for the apartment, my roomie finally bought a 12 pack himself. I am reaping the benefits.

Cross post with the minor victory rant thread since it pretty much fits as both, but is not deserving of it's own thread.
.... maybe a blog, i should consider that somedays.

I recently took upon a couple of partners and a project to start a business. I'm currently in the process of trying to put together the webpage graphics and site design. I feel this has potential to be a big thing for me. It's also a fuck ton of work when for hopefully a future payoff when what I really need is pay right now. The website domain has been registered, the business paperwork should be filed tomorrow. I would be intimidated by the scope of this project if I wasn't so damned busy trying to make it happen. Which is a good thing, since if I had time to think about it I probably would talk myself out of it.

no I'm not sharing a lot of details about what this venture is right now, but I will be soon with luck.

-edit-

As a side note this is the first time I have designed a website and done the graphics work purely in linux (slackware) instead of having windows programs to fall back up. Also both a rant and a victory.

Picked up The Terminator, Terminator 2, Alien, and Aliens on the way home from the dentist this morning.

I just hustled a possum out of a doorway where it was sheltering from the rain, hissing at pedestrians. Got him shifted to a more arboreal location, where he can hiss at the bums. *wry smile*

Burned 200 calories today on one of those weird walk-cycle machines in the gym. Though promptly gained it back and then some by eating Del Taco.

I'm planning on hitting the gym earlier, hopefully it wont be as crowded and I can get away with using the good machines for more than 15 minutes.

EDIT: It was one of these
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/95xachieve_1

Cajungal

Staff member
In the midst of all the shit this week has already thrown at me, I take a moment of solace in Zapp's sweet potato chips.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mmmmmm, crawtators. Man you know what's good on a turkey sandwich? Gator tators.

Cajungal

Staff member
No, because you see, the turkey and the dill chips... they taste good. :smug:

The girl I have a crush on called me cute.

Rather, she called the picture of me at 3 years old cute, but I'll take what I can get.

I had a few beers whilst playing Warhammer 40k with a friend of mine tonight, and met his adorable Corgi Arwen. Good night, good night.

My girlfriend and I will actually be able to spend some time together next week, as in more than a couple of hours a week.

Having the "Mini Forumites" thread right above this, I looked at this thread and read "Mini Vibrator Thread," is something wrong with me?

E

Element 117

Having the "Mini Forumites" thread right above this, I looked at this thread and read "Mini Vibrator Thread," is something wrong with me?
every time I see the NFL tags, I read them as Milf

I just had a really nice fart. I feel like a good amount of pressure was released. It wasn't stinky or one of those gross farts that you regret, but it was powerful. There was a force to it, is what I'm saying.

I just had a really nice fart. I feel like a good amount of pressure was released. It wasn't stinky or one of those gross farts that you regret, but it was powerful. There was a force to it, is what I'm saying.
Was it one of those farts where you can actually see and feel your stomach shrink? Those are the most satisfying! :awesome:

not exactly, but it was kind of like a good poop where you just feel like there's less in there and it's just a little bit cleansed.

E

Element 117

not exactly, but it was kind of like a good poop where you just feel like there's less in there and it's just a little bit cleansed.