[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Cajungal

Staff member
I like clever maternity/engagement photos. The stock ones are just blah.
I like creative ones too. But man... staring off in the distance while you rub your belly? Can't count the number of times I've seen women do that...

My least favorite photo that I had to take before my wedding was the stock "wistfully staring out the window" shot. I told her I didn't want to take that one. She said, "your mom will love it, though!" ....Goddamnit. Sure enough, it looked ridiculous, and no one liked it.

Yeah it seems like google keeps ruining youtube more and more. Getting rid of linking videos, making it harder to find the next video in a series by first getting rid of the person's video timeline thing on top then getting rid of page numbers on a person's channel meaning you have to click load more tons of times just to get to the ones you want. Now all this crap.

While true that most comments on big videos were crap, there are still some smaller channels videos that I'd like to read and/or comment on. One of the biggest that I'd still read were Idea channel's comments. Now without the threaded comments I can't follow a discussion anymore and it is pretty pointless to try.

I'm so sick of the news posts about people with negative comments written on restaurant checks. Ever since that one girl tried to claim that someone wrote "N____" on her tipless check and it was proven forged (by her), I don't believe a single one of them. I suppose there are some asshats out there who would do that kind of thing. But I think there are even more asshats who would be willing to write something on these checks and snap a picture just for the attention. Apparently the girl who forged the "N____" check got thousands of dollars in charity donations.
Okay.
I work at a front desk. Some guy came up and told me I was a jerk and he didn't like my face. I would like thousands in pity money please. Paypal works just fine.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm really pissed at Meritline right now. I ordered a flashlight from them that they listed as having an LED bulb. It arrived and it's just a filament bulb. I took a screenshot of the product description, and then emailed customer service. CS responded that the product wasn't listed as having an LED bulb, and when I went back to check, they'd changed the product description. What a load of bullshit.

Woot and Newegg don't pull this shit with me. Twice now Woot has had inaccurate product descriptions, and I didn't even have to catch them on it. Both times they made it right for everyone who ordered, once by supplying the missing part to everyone that wanted it, and another time by giving $5 off sunglasses for not being safety rated when their joking product subscription could have been construed to mean they were eye protection (beyond UV). When Newegg advertised free shipping, but it wasn't working in the checkout, they gave me free 2 day shipping with no further questions.

So, don't buy from Meritine, their customer support employs liars who don't even attempt to make a customer happy.

I don't want a stupid incandescent bulb flashlight. Over the life of the flashlight I'll end up paying way more in battery, bulb costs and frustration compared to an LED, even if I paid several times as much for the LED.

I've always had great success with Amazon. Last year (or possibly the year before, I don't exactly remember) I ordered something as a Christmas present, but because of a shipping delay, the cheaper shipping option that I had chosen wouldn't get it to me before Christmas. I didn't think there was much I could do, since if I wanted to be sure I'd have used express shipping, but I called Amazon anyway to see if there was anyway I could do.

They actually shipped me another one free of charge, and sent it with overnight delivery, with instructions of just sending the other one back when it does arrive. I was willing to pay for the extra shipping, but they ended up taking care of that themselves.

Some days I have to congratulate myself for not committing suicide in order to escape how fucking stupid some people are. I credit much of this recent string of stupid to Tumblr. Some comments I'd like to make:

- Twerking is not part of a culture and so doing it is not cultural appropriation.
- Releasing a hamster into the wild does not equal thriving wild hamster free from human enslavement, it equals dead hamster.
- Most transgender people can't figure out the terms being applied for them by well-meaning yet stupid non-transgender people.
- Feeding your pet rat to a snake is not a merciful death given to an animal that loved and trusted you. Imagine your bones and organs being slowly crushed as a widening maw stretches over your head. Fucking morons. It is also not "speciesist" to speak against this.
- The fluidity and evolution of language is not the same as you failing your English homework because you don't know the difference between their, there, and they're.

I fractured my foot recently and thought it was healed or at least well on its way. So yesterday morning while on autopilot I put on heels. I'm paying for that today.

Dave

Staff member
home from work today. played dodgeball yesterday and fell, catching myself with both wrists. went to the emergency room last nigh and found one is severely sprained and the other may or may not have a small hairline fracture. typing is interesting but i can use a mouse fairly well.

things i have a lot of trouble doing

• dressing
  • wiping butt
  • talking on phone
  • driving
  • writing
  • drinking from a glass
  • opening doors

so basically i've become a toddler.

home from work today. played dodgeball yesterday and fell, catching myself with both wrists. went to the emergency room last nigh and found one is severely sprained and the other may or may not have a small hairline fracture. typing is interesting but i can use a mouse fairly well.

things i have a lot of trouble doing

• dressing
  • wiping butt
  • talking on phone
  • driving
  • writing
  • drinking from a glass
  • opening doors

so basically i've become a toddler.
The toddlers I know seem happier than the adults I know, so, live it up!

GasBandit

Staff member
Getting real sick of a particular coworker's shit. I am assured that her termination is in the works, however. I hope it comes soon, I don't know how much longer I can restrain the karmic tire iron from the all important knees, elbows, wrists and ankles. And teeth.

Dave

Staff member
Christ, I wake up and think "Huh, that didn't hurt when I went to sleep". Playing dodgeball is the furthest thing from my mind, and I'm like, what, half your age? :D
Oddly enough, it's only because I fell that I'm hurt, and that's solely due to have crappy shoes with no traction and having to throw from my knees. Other than that, I feel just fine. My knees hurt for a bit, but they are better now.

I am having a hell of a time buttoning my pants today, though.