[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

It sounds like most of those are lingering complaints from previous changes? The subscriptions, video responses, etc. not from the G+ thing. Anyway, I'm not really impacted by this change, since I purposely hide YouTube comments so that I never see them, and definitely don't comment myself.

GasBandit

Staff member
It sounds like most of those are lingering complaints from previous changes? The subscriptions, video responses, etc. not from the G+ thing. Anyway, I'm not really impacted by this change, since I purposely hide YouTube comments so that I never see them, and definitely don't comment myself.
They are, the comments is just the latest one. They've been trying to push youtube users into becoming G+ users in stages now for a while. This is the first time they haven't given us a "no, I don't want to" button.

Speaking as someone who already has 3 google accounts for various BS reasons, it's highly inconvenient to switch between them.

Furthermore, the google+ "integration" has actually broken a lot of youtube functionality, as per the video PatrThom posted in the funny picture thread.
What do you mean? Give guest access for one to the other two, and boom. I have work accounts on Google (well, Piazza but it's exactly the same thing) and they get along swimmingly.

GasBandit

Staff member
What do you mean? Give guest access for one to the other two, and boom. I have work accounts on Google (well, Piazza but it's exactly the same thing) and they get along swimmingly.
Nope. These three must absolutely not comingle in any way. Can't risk it.

I work until 1 am. My house is empty of food. I am hungry. I order a pizza from local pizza chain that is open until 2 (the time when EVERY late night place closes). 2 rolls around (about 45 minutes after I order), nothing. I call them up, of course they're closed. I call their service line and get someone who is supposedly a service manager. I tell him my issue and that it's kind of an inconvenience to just get left in the dark like this. If I'd known their company wasn't going to bother sending out my pizza, they could have called me and I could have ordered from somewhere else. He tells me they did call me. I say that's not possible, I've been next to my phone the entire time. He tells me it says they got a busy signal. Again, this isn't possible, my cell goes straight to voicemail as does my landline if they're being used(I'm a dinosaur). He says that's what it says on the order and he believes his employee. I tell him that means he's calling me a liar. He tells me he guesses he is then.

Pizza 73, you can suck my dick if you ever think you're getting a God damn red cent from me again.

I work until 1 am. My house is empty of food. I am hungry. I order a pizza from local pizza chain that is open until 2 (the time when EVERY late night place closes). 2 rolls around (about 45 minutes after I order), nothing. I call them up, of course they're closed. I call their service line and get someone who is supposedly a service manager. I tell him my issue and that it's kind of an inconvenience to just get left in the dark like this. If I'd known their company wasn't going to bother sending out my pizza, they could have called me and I could have ordered from somewhere else. He tells me they did call me. I say that's not possible, I've been next to my phone the entire time. He tells me it says they got a busy signal. Again, this isn't possible, my cell goes straight to voicemail as does my landline if they're being used(I'm a dinosaur). He says that's what it says on the order and he believes his employee. I tell him that means he's calling me a liar. He tells me he guesses he is then.

Pizza 73, you can suck my dick if you ever think you're getting a God damn red cent from me again.
Maybe you should pay them a visit during working hours ;)

figmentPez

Staff member
I just got a notice from Youtube that "Now your Youtube comments show up more places!"

No, I don't want my comments to show up more places. I don't want my Youtube comments showing up anywhere but Youtube! I don't want my Twitter (or anyone else's, for that matter) showing up on my Facebook. I don't want my Tumblr showing up on my Twitter. When I post somewhere it's because I want to post there, not because I want to post everywhere.

I'm sick of Facebook changing my feed page to be Top Stories from Most Recent. Fuck you Facebook, if I ever get to a point in my life where I want to leave it to you to decide for me what is important to me to see I'll be shortly putting a bullet in my head.

That means never.

Edit: I'd get mad at YouTube for doing this, but reading YouTube comments make me a sad panda anyways.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I have yet to find a good way to tell someone, particularly someone I do not dislike, that they have poop breath. Frequently.
Constantly offer them tic tacs.

Although, in college, a guy I knew I actually had to pull aside once and tell him, "Jesse, I'm your friend, and I'm telling you this because I'm your friend, you need to brush your teeth, your breath is dead-body-in-a-swamp BAD."

If all that the Google+/Youtube merger accomplishes is making Youtube comments extinct, then Google+ is already more useful than Facebook.

GasBandit

Staff member
If all that the Google+/Youtube merger accomplishes is making Youtube comments extinct, then Google+ is already more useful than Facebook.
I'd rather they'd just disabled comments entirely on every video forever than force Google+ into Youtube.

Who has two thumbs and got to spend 4 hours at the ER this morning due to a really very serious case of food poisoning and what appeared to be internal bleeding? This guy!

GasBandit

Staff member
Our new sales weasel is very slow at figuring out we're a smaller operation than she's previously worked for. She doesn't understand why the sales manager isn't holding her hand on everything, and is surprised that that there aren't company-wide updates on things like IT problems (our e-mail system went out this morning due to DNS problems). She apparently thought that I would be sending out notices to everyone affected as soon as the issue was known (by magical unicorn mass mail, I suppose), and when it was resolved.

Who has two thumbs and got to spend 4 hours at the ER this morning due to a really very serious case of food poisoning and what appeared to be internal bleeding? This guy!
Ugh, I hate stomach illnesses and that one sounds the worst. Try to get better!

My sister in law went on a make it yourself binge earlier this year. One of the things she did was can her own apples. For some reason she doesn't want to just bake her own apple pie but instead try to pass them on to me. Arrogance kinda runs in my hubby's family and I'm worried that she took a short cut somewhere, or wasn't sure what she was doing and wont admit it. So far I have been putting off accepting her offer of free pie filling, but not really telling her no. I just can't think of a polite way to say "No thanks, I'm afraid you're gonna give me botulism".

Last edited:
It's not that hard. "I prefer mass produced foods from profiteering companies using slave labor to harvest genetically modified, pesticide and herbicide treated fruit with chemical additives concocted to suit my tastes to your homemade slop, largely because if they screw up the FDA will ding them, maybe, but if you screw up my only recourse is to save my excretions and send them to you."
His name is Stienman. He solves problems.

Ugh, I hate stomach illnesses and that one sounds the worst. Try to get better!

My sister in law went on a make it yourself binge earlier this year. One of the things she did was can her own apples. For some reason she doesn't want to just bake her own apple pie but instead try to pass them on to me. Arrogance kinda runs in my hubby's family and I'm worried that she took a short cut somewhere, or wasn't sure what she was doing and wont admit it. So far I have been putting off accepting her offer of free pie filling, but not really telling her no. I just can't think of a polite way to say "No thanks, I'm afraid you're gonna give me botulism".
Clostridium botulinum prefers a low-acid environment. I would think the apples would be safe. However, after dealing with Salmonella (lost 15 lbs in 2 days) food poisoning, I'd say if you're worried about it then don't eat it. It ain't worth it.

I just spent $100 at an urgent care clinic to find out that I'm perfectly fine and there's nothing to worry about.

Goddammit.

At least I didn't go to the ER and get a bill much larger than that.

I just spent $100 at an urgent care clinic to find out that I'm perfectly fine and there's nothing to worry about.

Goddammit.

After hiking around the local RenFaire one afternoon, Kati went to Emergency for debilitating abdominal pain which the urgent clinic diagnosed as possible appendicitis. A couple batteries of tests later, we learned that this was not irritable bowel nor appendicitis, rather it was just related to the bouncing of organs pulling against one another due to a lot of walking in poor shoes. Basically a straining of her visceral fascia.
Total cost? About $3200. For a tummyache. Took us almost 2 years to pay off. Married her anyway.

--Patrick

After hiking around the local RenFaire one afternoon, Kati went to Emergency for debilitating abdominal pain which the urgent clinic diagnosed as possible appendicitis. A couple batteries of tests later, we learned that this was not irritable bowel nor appendicitis, rather it was just related to the bouncing of organs pulling against one another due to a lot of walking in poor shoes. Basically a straining of her visceral fascia.
Total cost? About $3200. For a tummyache. Took us almost 2 years to pay off. Married her anyway.

--Patrick
Yeah... my wife did something very similar last year, though it didn't involve the ER, she just went to her regular doctor. Extremely pain on the right side of her abdomen, about where the appendix is - so the doctor sent her down to imaging for a CT scan (complete with having to drink however many liters of contrast dye), they ran all of the tests, did a full panel of blood work, urinalysis, the whole 9 yards. Turned out she pulled a muscle in her abdominal wall... while she was constipated.

GasBandit

Staff member

Goddammit.

A few years ago I fell on the steps at work and bashed my knee on a brick. It swelled up like a cantaloupe. Doctor decided he needed two sets of Xrays and an MRI (there went that year's deductible, all told plus coinsurance about $1700), all for him to tell me to take ibuprofen and keep my weight off it. That's what I was doing anyway! Your dumb hospital just made something like $10k in shenanigans fees, the least you could have done was prescribe me something stronger like hydrocodone or tylenol 3.

But maybe he should have done more anyway... to this day I can't really kneel on that knee at all.

Cajungal

Staff member
God, I hate maternity portraits. Sorry if anyone here's ever gotten them... but I just think they're so dumb looking. The mom always has this look on her face that says "I'm pregnant and therefore instantly a wise earth mother." Barf.

You know, those may have bothered me before, but that I've been inundated by a barrage of engagement photos from one of my wife's cousins, and the pregnancy ones seem cute by comparison.

No really, I need to see a picture of everyone in the wedding party holding the card asking them to be in the wedding party, in between 300 pictures of you two looking at each other in an adoring manner.

Dave

Staff member
God, I hate maternity portraits. Sorry if anyone here's ever gotten them... but I just think they're so dumb looking. The mom always has this look on her face that says "I'm pregnant and therefore instantly a wise earth mother." Barf.