[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell? Somehow a whole stack of brick blocks has gone missing from my inventory. This isn't something I'd destroy, give away, or even store in a chest. Actually, I was specifically saving up the 168 blocks it'll take me to build another floor on my tower.

God damn.

you just gotta be careful not to burn the items when they pop out. And of course be careful not to burn down THE ENTIRE WORLD.
I'll be careful... I would feel pretty bad if fnordbear's awesome tree fort went up in smoke.

Does anyone know who built the eye of sauron that's watching over my ziggurat?

GasBandit

Staff member
Fnord built it, he claimed the meds made him. And then made him, in some kind of bizarre fit of altruism, name it "Community Tower."

Because nothing says "community" like the UNBLINKING EYE OF THE DARK LORD.

Been trying to get in on this, but there doesn't seem any way to do so. The webpage REDACTED --Gusto doesn't lead to anywhere. Can't find it on the massive and unorganized Multiplayer section of minecraft webpage.
ARG!

GasBandit

Staff member
Been trying to get in on this, but there doesn't seem any way to do so. The webpage [deleted].com doesn't lead to anywhere. Can't find it on the massive and unorganized Multiplayer section of minecraft webpage.
ARG!
This post is so very full of fail. /facepalm.

Ok, here's how you do it.

1) Buy minecraft for 15 bux.

2) download the game

3) run the game

4) click "multiplayer"

5) when it asks for "server address," put in the address.

6) remove the site's actual address from your post so it doesn't show up in search engines/attract vandals.

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, I think I'm officially insane. I've started leveling an acre of ground to turn into farmland. 64x64 squares. I'm not sure how long it will take, but it's going to be a lot of work.

Okay, I think I'm officially insane. I've started leveling an acre of ground to turn into farmland. 64x64 squares. I'm not sure how long it will take, but it's going to be a lot of work.
Have you seen how much ground I flattened to build my ziggurat? I don't think it's quite 64x64 but let me tell you... especially with the block reappearing glitch... you're going to have your work cut out for you.

GasBandit

Staff member
Have you seen how much ground I flattened to build my ziggurat? I don't think it's quite 64x64 but let me tell you... especially with the block reappearing glitch... you're going to have your work cut out for you.[/QUOTE]

It took a good number of hours to flatten the land upon which castle Gasbandia was built... and that was with two of us working.

I collected 12 stacks of clay tonight but I think the area I was in has more. I marked a nearby island nearby with some torces so hopefully we'll get a new render soon and I can head back there. :)

Gusto,

Check your mailbox by the spawn.

Consider it a gesture of good will towards a mutual self-defense pact....for when the creepers come.

R

Rubicon

When the creepers come, remember there is safety inside of Moleville, all are welcome. We provide labyrinths to most major areas of the world in well lit tunnels that won't spawn things (when mobs are back on).

Oh god.

It's killing me that I don't have a home internet connection here. I want to play on a group server so bad, and you guys sound like you're having so much fun. And I can't quite come to the Cyber every day just to play hours of Minecraft.

I will be checking up on this thread. Maybe I'll post some screens of the fort I'm building when I'm done with it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Woo! Thanks for the TNT! That will help in clearing farmland.

Any advice on how to make the most of it? I've never used TNT before.

Woo! Thanks for the TNT! That will help in clearing farmland. Any advice on how to make the most of it? I've never used TNT before.
1) Dont put near anything you dont want blown all to hell

2) Dont use it for resource gathreing, it destorys 74% of all blocks

3) On a MP server dont use it when server is lagging

4) Dont use more than a block at a time.

5) Place block, hit block, run from block

N

noaxark

Whoever left that gift in my dome (was it you, noaxark?), super muchos gracias :)
Heh, no. What was it?

I find myself spending most of my time on the server building secret stashes and placing trivial signs. Anyone else like this? I need a project!

...aaand I just found it, speaking of secret stashes. Pirate cave!

Heh, no. What was it?
Like figmentPez, some TNT.

I find myself spending most of my time on the server building secret stashes and placing trivial signs. Anyone else like this? I need a project!
Also I have been pondering gathering some gravel, flowers, signs, and stones and making little Shinto-style shrines in random places with fortune-cookie sayings.
Those ideas are both awesome.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Any advice on how to make the most of it? I've never used TNT before.
TNT will blow away a roughly 3 block radius of dirt, 1 block for stone. If you need to clear a lot of area, digging trenches radiating away from where you place the TNT will increase the amount of area you blow up.

So as my immediate neighbours are aware, I've recently built a big giant-ass greenhouse full of wheat on my property.

You can feel free to help yourselves to some wheat from time to time (which acts as a renewable food source when the monsters and damage become activated), just make sure to not trample any plants that are growing, re-till any land that you do trample, and remain a conservationist - try to replant whatever you harvest. :)

Depending on how much wheat I stockpile before monsters are active and fixed, I might start "mailing out" stacks of wheat of my own accord. I've already got enough to heal something like 160 hearts of damage.

Have we opened up monsters, then?
Not as of yet, but the game is nearing the point where health/damage works in multiplayer and when that does Noax has said he will enable monsters. Several of us have started stockpiling arms and armor for the day that occurs. I myself have a dedicated armory for weapons and associated gear and a dedicated larder/pantry for healing stuff.

N

noaxark

...the game is nearing the point where health/damage works in multiplayer and when that does Noax has said he will enable monsters.
Keep in mind this assumes that notch has sorted out enough performance issues for the server to keep running smoothly.

On another note, my landlord is FINALLY beginning work on bringing the town's already-in-place fibre network into their apartments. They were unsure when they'd get to my building but promised anywhere between next month and next summer -- the latter being the likeliest -- so it's still a bit off, but it's better than the "soon, we hope" schedule they've had for the last two years.

In any case, when that happens, the server will run on a high quality 100/100mb fibre optic line, a huge upgrade from the comparatively measly ADSL2+ Annex M line it's currently on.

Dave

Staff member
Note to self: Next time you build a swimming pool make damned sure you build it close to some fucking water!!!

Folks!

I spoke to Noax privately to make sure this was OK to announce:

I am starting a little contest on our server. I have created 7 little "shrines". The first person to post screen shots of all seven of them will win a nifty prize!

"Ok Bear what is this about?"

Well it is simple! I have decided to spice things up a bit and get folk to explore a little beyond their build sites!

"Ok Bear, but what is this prize?"

I have in my possession something call "Lightstone". Lightstone is a nifty material only found in the Nether (currently not accessible in SMP). The contest winner will receive 10 lightstone blocks!

"Ok...but what is so neat about Lightstone, and why only 10?"

Light stone is a permanent light source when placed that puts out light equivalent to daylight, it looks really cool, and once the Nether becomes available in SMP you would have to harvest -90- lightstone blocks to create 10 of the placeable lightstone blocks I have up for grabs!

"Ok...so where do I look for these 'shrines' Ragar is a big place!"

Well here are a few hints:

1) Shrines are all out doors. None are underground.
2) There is 1 up north. 2 in the middleands, 2 to the south, 1 in gasbandia, and 1 in the frontier to the east.
3) All shrines are within view of human construction.

"How do I know what to look for?"

Each shrine is one block with a torch on it, some water, gravel, flowers, and a sign with a bit of wisdom on it!

"Ok so I found them, what do?"

Simple! Just post screenshots of all seven shrines! First to do so will have a special delivery to their Ragnar mailbox!

Other notes:

I am going to put an arbitrary deadline of Noon, Nov 19 (Eastern time), If no one has won the contest by then I will pick a random winner to have a little gift appear in their mailbox :3

Have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.