[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even WHITE cloth isn't working in SMP yet.
THAT is pissing me off about multiplayer right now. If I could gather the wool that I wanted like on single player, my building would probably be done right now. The only other material I can think of that would give me a similar look to what I was thinking of is steel, and that will take forever and a fucking day to get enough for what I'm planning.

Who said you couldn't? Do I really need to put a /sarcasm disclaimer?

I said it's the equivelent.

If you like playing that style, by all means, Game Genie to your hearts content. Way to get defensive over nothing.

Work on the castle has been progressing well. I've got the outline of all the walls laid out and in doing so have expanded my sky island right into the side of a mountain so it is now a sky peninsula. Such things will not be tolerated and the mountain will have to be destroyed for daring to be in my way.

Here is the east gatehouse seen from the inside of the courtyard and the completed wall section between it and the SE tower. The only thing missing right now are the crenelations.

And here it is from the outside.

Further down the wall, work progresses on the NE tower and its wall section which is about half complete.

Here is the view of the entry area from the second floor of the gatehouse.

I love watching the sun rise through these windows.

Here is a nice view from the south of where my walls will be. I'm not quite happy with the shape of the south and north keep buildings yet. I may extend then further into the courtyard. This south building is planned to have my minecart station and barracks.

Here is a better view of the north end. The great hall, guest suites, and royal chambers will go here. You can see where the site of my NW tower is currently built under the mountain.

So that's that. I can't count how many picks and shovels I've gone through at this point but I am pleased with the progress so far. I think it's going to look awesome when I finally finish it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Noax, btw, I tried to go fraps the forest fire... it crashes your client when you get too close. Makes logging back in tricky. Recommend deleting whatever chunks have that fire in it.

N

noaxark

Thanks to some fortunate lag, I managed to get an x-ray of Mount AWESOME. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why it earned its name.

L

Lywinis

I wandered in because FnordBear wanted me to see the stuff he built, and I liked it so much, I decided to stay. I dug myself a nice little den not far from where his tree is, and I have made some renovations with his help.

Just saw the new map of Ragnar. Somebody went exploring up north, and I'm feeling a little salty because there are a couple areas which would have been much better locations for my underwater abode :meh:

Had a bit of a thought while looking at the lockers here at work.

Seems that folk on the server like leaving needed things around other's places. Thats pretty awesome really, do it myself :)

Was thinking for sake of convenience maybe building a "post office" so to speak near the spawn consisting of a number of 1 block trunks with a nameplate denoting the owner. A nice, central, and convient way to leave little gifts. Maybe put a "bulletin board" off to the side to put signs on containing short messages.

Any thoughts on this?

Dave

Staff member
Sounds okay to me even if I will be more of a taker than a giver for some time. Finding materials can be hard with the population we have.

I played a solo game for a while yesterday. Let me just say that (1) I hate those zombie things that BLOW UP YOUR SHIT and (2) finding coal in the early stages is a pain in the ass.

If you need some coal on the server go the foundry in my tree, coal hopper is beside the furnaces. Feel free to take a little. I do regular resource expeditions.

Seems that folk on the server like leaving needed things around other's places. Thats pretty awesome really, do it myself :)

Was thinking for sake of convenience maybe building a "post office" so to speak near the spawn consisting of a number of 1 block trunks with a nameplate denoting the owner. A nice, central, and convient way to leave little gifts. Maybe put a "bulletin board" off to the side to put signs on containing short messages.

Any thoughts on this?
Sounds like a good plan. I suggest building a post office either at/near spawn, or possibly under the minecart hub where most people have directions to their districts (where there is currently an inoperable hellgate).

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

You'd have to lift the spawn construction/destruction law for a while, but having it there would be easiest. Everyone knows how to get to their location from spawn, and everyone can get there by using the /home command.

N

noaxark

Any thoughts on this?
Sounds like a good plan. I suggest building a post office either at/near spawn, or possibly under the minecart hub where most people have directions to their districts (where there is currently an inoperable hellgate).

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

You'd have to lift the spawn construction/destruction law for a while, but having it there would be easiest. Everyone knows how to get to their location from spawn, and everyone can get there by using the /home command.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for this idea, but I think it'd be best to have it at, under or near Central Station, so it's accessible by minecart. I'd rather keep the spawn free of such distractions and temptations*. Besides, it's not far, and people would have an easier time getting back home.

*Subject to change as the server matures. Once minecarts work properly and we have a more established userbase, along with a more complete infrastructure, I'll consider moving the spawn/home to inside Central Station to give people quick access to all connected territories. Adding rails might become a problem, depending on the reach of the protection. I'm hoping it'll become configurable in the future.

I'm so excited... free dirt stacks for everyone! ;-)

Actually, it's a nice idea... I'll probably set up a mail box in there when I get a chance.

N

noaxark

Mailboxes have been constructed south of the spawn beside the transit hub. Signage is up pointing out the way to it.
--- snip ---
Cool! I suggest writing "Ragnar Post Office" or something instead of "Mailboxes", though :)

I have a quick question... is there any way to collect leather at this point?

Also, do tree leaves decay in multiplayer the way they do in single player or do you need to smash them to make them go away? Do they still spawn saplings from them? I only ask because I have harvested a few trees and didn't get any saplings from the leaves I broke.

I have a quick question... is there any way to collect leather at this point? Also, do tree leaves decay in multiplayer the way they do in single player or do you need to smash them to make them go away? Do they still spawn saplings from them? I only ask because I have harvested a few trees and didn't get any saplings from the leaves I broke.
See post office screen shot #2 for how to collect leather :3

Will the fire from a flint and steel actually kill the cows?
Yes

However when setting critters on fire aim for the square under them, not the critter themselves.

I have used this to good effect, I am stock piling arms and armor for when monsters get turned on. Have a full set of leather and enough materials to make more.

GasBandit

Staff member
you just gotta be careful not to burn the items when they pop out. And of course be careful not to burn down THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Re: Saplings - yes, you still get them from leaves. You've just had a run of bad luck. Leaves are supposed to decay, but there's a bug in the current version that makes it so they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.