Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I said it on FB, but this isn't a debate since there is no moderation. May as well have told them to shit in their hands and fling their poo at each other.

I'm not watching it, but from what I hear, Trump is arguing with Chris Wallace and Biden is telling him to just shut up, so I feel like I'm not missing anything.

figmentPez

Staff member
When asked to condemn white supremacy, Dolt45 just said something about the Proud Boys and tried to change the subject.

Wallace did not push the point.

Why are we even having this circus?

figmentPez

Staff member
I've seen several Christians on social media posting about how awful the debates were, and that both sides are awful. Leading them to conclude that Christians should never put their faith in a political party, and should just look to Jesus.

HOLY FORKING SHIRT! What a disgusting display of virtue signaling combined white privilege. Being disgusted by both sides isn't going to get us anywhere.

It's not really that hard to figure out where the disrespect and lawlessness in the debate was coming from. The side that refused to denounce white nationalism, and refused to tell his supporters to wait for the votes to be counted. Anyone who walked away from the debate saying "*tsk-tsk* It was really so dreadfully awful the way they talked over each other like that!" missed hearing the most important things said, or rather not said, tonight.

figmentPez

Staff member
Anyone who walked away from the debate saying "*tsk-tsk* It was really so dreadfully awful the way they talked over each other like that!" missed hearing the most important things said, or rather not said, tonight.
From my post on FB:

Kinda like driving past a sign that says "BRDGE 0UT AH AD YOU IDIOT" and complaining about the bad spelling, missing letters and deciding to just ignore the sign because it was generally rude. While sign construction is a very important issue, and we should want better road signs, and polite road signs... I think it's still really important to stop before you drive into the water.

Until it means that Biden will get his mic cut out for nothing just so trump doesn't complain that hes the only one whos had his mic cut off.

I continue to be so grateful that Colorado has had a mail ballot system in place for almost a decade, so no one has any desire to fuck with it.

To be honest I am pretty sure nearly all Texans are going to vote in person anyways. A lot vote during the early voting period and most would rather brave the polls then worry about mail-in ballots, regardless what side you on. Yes, it's not the safest call, but that's Texas.

To be honest I am pretty sure nearly all Texans are going to vote in person anyways. A lot vote during the early voting period and most would rather brave the polls then worry about mail-in ballots, regardless what side you on. Yes, it's not the safest call, but that's Texas.
I know several people that don't trust Trump to not convince his courts to throw out as many drop in/mail in ballots as possible, and plan to vote in person.

At the very least a Judge blocked attempts by the Texas GOP to get rid of single ticket voting. For awhile now we have had the ability to just pick democratic or republican on the first screen, and it would automatically vote down the entire ticket, from president to senate to house to state to local. Normally neither side minded this until Beto had his huge push in 2018, as even though Beto lost his senate race, so many people choosing "vote blue" gave the democrats huge down ticket gains in state and local elections. They are worried of an even bigger loss now that Texas is such a toss up poll wise, and tried to remove the single ticket vote in the hopes of discouraging more down ticket momentum. Very glad they are being blocked on that. Even if we don't turn Texas blue, we are likely to see another huge shift in smaller elections much like Beto brought.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, last time I checked, Texas requires you to have special circumstances to get a mail-in ballot, you can't just do it because you feel like it.

I'll be early voting as soon as the polls open in mid-october, though.

I'll die of Covid before I trust this administration to faithfully count ballots mailed in.
Hell, this is assuming he even counts the ballots at all. He seems to be pushing the idea that whoever wins election night will be the winner and all other ballots to be discarded. We really are in the end game here if we don't get him out.