Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I ain't sure what I was expecting with the debate.

Scroll Twitter, see left aligning person. "Haha look at Kamala bitch slap that old liar. She killing it."

Scroll More, see right aligning person. "Wow Pence is taking Kamala to the mat and I am loving it, she is floundering like a fish."

I think I am going to log off for awhile, this debate only proves to me that both sides are locked in and it's not going to change a damn thing. They only are going to see what they want to see and call a "win" for who they want to "win".
Yeah but the left aligning person is correct.

I decided to keep my son home a little longer this morning, rather then taking him right over to my mother's before school, and am I glad I did.

My son's teacher, who I should mention is Colombian, is right now doing morning segments for National Hispanic Heritage Month. I have already had my mother make offhand remarks over the fact she is South American and has an accent since before his classes even started, but I just kind of rolled my eyes and ignored it.

Yesterday they had a segment on Caesar Chavez, which luckily was fine with my mother since he is a civil rights icon, but today as I was watching, the teacher had a segment on the modern success of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and I know my mother would have had am absolute seizure had she seen it. Really dodged a bullet there.

A caller into the Thom Hartmann show today had a theory about one of the reasons the 'Hate Crime' category was created. Mostly to not let white supremacists be labeled as 'Domestic Terrorists'.

After I dropped off my ballot and got back in my car, I saw that there was a tent for the Maricopa County Dems (at the appropriate 75 foot electioneering distance). When I told them I'd voted, they may have given me something...

After I dropped off my ballot and got back in my car, I saw that there was a tent for the Maricopa County Dems (at the appropriate 75 foot electioneering distance). When I told them I'd voted, they may have given me something...
So the crooked Dems bribed you to vote for their candidate by offering you a campaign sign. Curious...

No, no, he's very busy exposing the California fish that are...getting more water...in the ocean...
I had to figure out what the fuck he was talking about on this.

My research says that in San Francisco there is an endangered fish called the Delta Smelt, which exists in the SF Bay. It survives in that sort of mix where fresh water and salt water mingle at the end of the rivers, and thus requires a constant stream of fresh water moving through the delta and into the bay. Due to human water consumption, the flow of the rivers has reduced drastically, leading to the fish being "poisoned" by the increase in salt.

They are not "pumping out" water into the ocean to save the fish, but simply lowered the amount of water redistributed from the rivers as to keep more freshwater flow. Many in the state, mostly farmers looking to irrigate their crops, believe this is folly and means millions of gallons of water is being "wasted" as it continues down the river and into the ocean, untouched for their needs.

Wait, you mean I can citizen arrest someone just because people are angry with them? Guess there are a few people I am going to send to jail this week.