Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
Michigan senator to female reporter: High school boys could 'have a lot of fun' with you

"You’ve heard of De La Salle, right?” the Michigan Advance quoted Lucido as asking reporter Allison Donahue, who is 22.

When Donahue said she had not, Lucido said: “It’s an all-boys school,” adding: “You should hang around — you could have a lot of fun with these boys, or they could have a lot of fun with you.”

Lucido later offered a non-apology. Saying it was a "misunderstanding" and apologizing for offending the reporter. He denied he meant anything sexual. Golly, I'm so shocked that a misogynist refused to own up to his shit....

Even the school managed to make an actual apology:

"Sen. Peter J. Lucido, of Shelby Township, serves the people of Michigan's 8th Senate District and is the Senate Majority Whip. Sen. Lucido serves as chairman of the Senate Judiciary and Public Safety, Advice and Consent, and JCAR committees, and is a member of the Senate Elections and Oversight committees."

I realize the phrase has a different meaning when applied to law and government, but still... ironic.

--Patrick

Putin... kind of has to become President for life? He was counting on the billions he stole from Russia to vanish, but they're being held up by the US and that's something Trump can't do for him. His popularity has been waning for years and he has few really close allies anymore. So it was ether this or get frozen out of control.

Of course, now someone's going to have to kill him. And likely will; he ain't exactly doing much but stirring passions for Russia.

I was under the impression that he actually was planning on stepping down in 2024 and having his daughter take over. I guess he doesn't think he can pull that off anymore.

I was under the impression that he actually was planning on stepping down in 2024 and having his daughter take over. I guess he doesn't think he can pull that off anymore.
Maybe the kid's been difficult lately...

"No more presidential powers for you honey, daddy's going to limit your actions by giving himself better PM stuff from now on!"

Putin's kept himself in phenomenal shape, but he's quickly reaching the point where there is nothing he can do to maintain the kind of machismo that allows him to do what he does. He's 67. He has no heir apparent except his daughter and clearly he's not turning it over to her. His inner circle is a group of vultures waiting for him to die so they can carve up the country.

Things are going to get interesting real fast if Putin feels like he needs to do this.

I think I've worked out why Harry has decided to leave the Royal Family. As long as he's a member he needs to go to various functions as a representative of the Royal & sometimes that means, well...

This has been suspected for awhile but i guess it's confirmed now. Reagan was a total piece of garbage that deserved every moment of suffering his Alzheimer's gave him.

I wonder if 40 years from now they'll release docs confirming Trump did make demands of Ukraine, and everyone will pretend that it wasn't already obvious as fuck since day 1.

I wonder if 40 years from now they'll release docs confirming Trump did make demands of Ukraine, and everyone will pretend that it wasn't already obvious as fuck since day 1.
Remember, the people who worked with Reagan actually... you know... LIKED Reagan. There's a reason "St. Reagan" is a thing; Even if he was involved with shady shit, he knew well enough to treat the people close to him well.

Donnie Two Scoops? No one likes him. Expect a tell-all within a year of the end of his administration.

Most Republicans have already accepted he did, but that it doesn’t constitute an impeachable offense. That’s the reasoning a lot are giving to not call Bolton to testify. He won’t add anything new, because the current testimony and evidence already shows he made demands for aid.

figmentPez

Staff member
How is anyone just accepting the proposition that it's okay for a government official to ask a foreign power to investigate an American citizen? Surely that's a crime in and of itself?

Saw that. Told my wife, “Looks like it died of windmill cancer.”
How is anyone just accepting the proposition that it's okay for a government official to ask a foreign power to investigate an American citizen? Surely that's a crime in and of itself?
It most certainly is, as are many of the other things that have been done. Trouble is that the ones in any position to prosecute... would prefer not to.

—Patrick

I cri every tyme

I genuinely try not to have positive emotions when bad things happen to bad people, because I tihnk it's ethically wrong to think stuff like "couldn't happen to a nicer guy" or "oh no, we'll miss him", because, you know, human being, and all that. Sometimes, though, it can be hard.