Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I genuinely try not to have positive emotions when bad things happen to bad people, because I tihnk it's ethically wrong to think stuff like "couldn't happen to a nicer guy" or "oh no, we'll miss him", because, you know, human being, and all that. Sometimes, though, it can be hard.
i don't mind. He can burn in hell.

The only worthwhile thing in kansas city, kansas is Oklahoma Joes. Literally everything else worth a damn is on the Missouri side.

figmentPez

Staff member

In all fairness...
No, that's not fair at all. Fair is recognizing that Trump is the biggest political figure in America, who will be expected to say something about one of the biggest sporting events of the year, especially since millions of dollars were spent on a campaign ad for him during said event. Trump had time to do his fucking research, and completely failed at it. FAIR is recognizing that he's a lazy piece of shit who didn't do his homework.

Romney to be sole GOP senator to vote for impeachment.

You know, I genuinely wonder - but we'll never know - how the vote would go if it was completely and actually anonymous. I'm sure out wouldn't reach 67 to convict, but 50+ wouldn't seem that much of a stretch.

New York State citizens are banned from NEXUS and Global Entry in retaliation for allowing illegal immigrants to have drivers licenses.

Already notified my "other" senator she's never going to get my vote. Not like she would, anyways, after all the dirty crap she pulled in the last election - which she ironically lost, by the way.

You know, I genuinely wonder - but we'll never know - how the vote would go if it was completely and actually anonymous. I'm sure out wouldn't reach 67 to convict, but 50+ wouldn't seem that much of a stretch.
What would be in their own best interest? To convict, or not to convict?

Dave

Staff member
What would be in their own best interest? To convict, or not to convict?
Well, they've always wanted Pence. So for the republicans, convicting would be a mixed bag. It would also be a mixed bag for democrats, as Pence is a MUCH stronger candidate for 2020 in my opinion. Or would have been had Trump not absolutely demolished any credibility christians have.

I'd say it would be a net positive for everyone, or would have been. Republicans could have said, "Yes, he was our guy, but we are the Party of Law and could not let this stand."

Good thing you specified "as an adult" Scott. I know that's a sticking point for a lot of GOP politicians. Also, all this is easily debunked nonsense.

Lindsey Graham (R-SC), in response to tech companies complaining that weakening encryption would lead to what are effectively warrantless searches and interception by bad actors "It ain't complicated for me. You [tech companies] are going to find a way to do this, or we're going to do it for you."

...and then there's today:
CIA secretly owned world's top encryption supplier, read enemy and ally messages for decades
what none of its customers ever knew was that Crypto AG was secretly owned by the CIA in a highly classified partnership with West German intelligence. These spy agencies rigged the company’s devices so they could easily break the codes that countries used to send encrypted messages
This has been going on for almost fifty years.

--Patrick

As a Desert Storm Vet who didn't really see much shit, but got exposed to a bunch of things, this pisses me the fuck off.

"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! 15.5 million is what?!? A malfunctioning sensor on one F-35?
Un- or Ill- informed soldiers are the same as the masses, easily malleable. At least this looks like a cheap option."

As a Desert Storm Vet who didn't really see much shit, but got exposed to a bunch of things, this pisses me the fuck off.

"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! 15.5 million is what?!? A malfunctioning sensor on one F-35?
Un- or Ill- informed soldiers are the same as the masses, easily malleable. At least this looks like a cheap option."

It's almost like they're getting ready to ship them off to die again and don't want any dissenting opinions this time.

Yeah, if their budget is that small, it's literally nothing compared to the big picture. 15 million doesn't even register. This id's policy hidden as a budget cut.

For those who don't know, this is in response to Alabama's (suspended) ban on abortion in nearly all instances, and that would charge any doctor who performs an abortion with felony charges and a potential sentence of up to 99 years in prison.
From the bill: "Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men."
And she has gone on record as saying this is tit for tat (heh) "...it always takes two to tango. We can’t put all the responsibility on women. Men need to be responsible also.”

...so it's a stunt. But it's a clever stunt.

--Patrick