Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
Never quite understood people like him. He's a conservative...with a college degree...that thinks higher education only makes liberals...

:facepalm:

Never quite understood people like him. He's a conservative...with a college degree...that thinks higher education only makes liberals...

:facepalm:
When I first discovered LPMUDs, I really wanted to set up one of my own. I looked into what it would take to get our own public IP address...and discovered just how difficult it was to do so. According to one of the representatives I spoke with, the pattern was this: “Everyone fights like Hell through all the red tape and obstacles in order to get themselves set up with a direct connection to the Internet, and then once they do, they turn around and try to throw up as many obstacles as possible in order to keep anybody else from getting one after them.”

I assume Mr. Tennessee here feels the same way about education, that once he has one, he’s not gonna allow anyone else the chance at nullifying his competitive advantage.

—Patrick

I don't ever want to hear a Brit shittalk the US again. What a trash country. Hopefully Scotland and Northern Ireland can get out.

Given the choice between Boris and Trump, I'd still choose Boris. I mean, I'd choose cholera over the bubolic plague, too, so that isn't saying much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...619bd2-2004-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html

Looks like the Mormon church has been committing some pretty massive fraud to the tune of 100 billion dollars, lying to it's members about where the money is going and being used for such bullshit as proping up leaders' businesses and the like.

Well, now we know how they funded the Nauvoo (everyone is making this joke because the real world is a fucking joke).

Tax the racist, sexist, real estate fraud religion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...619bd2-2004-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html

Looks like the Mormon church has been committing some pretty massive fraud to the tune of 100 billion dollars, lying to it's members about where the money is going and being used for such bullshit as proping up leaders' businesses and the like.

Well, now we know how they funded the Nauvoo (everyone is making this joke because the real world is a fucking joke).

Tax the racist, sexist, real estate fraud religion.
I've said it before, the mormon people I have met are some of the nicest people I've ever come across. But the church itself is a vile organization.

There are two types of mormons:

1) people high up in the church that have gotten incredibly rich from their positions.

2) gullible fucking morons

Edit: i remembered that I'm sure there are people that know it's bullshit but can't leave due to family/social pressure. I feel bad for them and don't count them in either group

Wasn’t there a movie about a televangelist dying and his devout son discovering that his dad had basically been fleecing the flock?

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
"Billionaires in wine caves have as much right to say who gets to be president as waitresses in diners and plumbers in my bathroom. "

No, they don't. There are fewer of them. They shouldn't have as much say as everyone else. As it is they have more say, and that's worthy of outrage.

"Billionaires in wine caves have as much right to say who gets to be president as waitresses in diners and plumbers in my bathroom. "

No, they don't. There are fewer of them. They shouldn't have as much say as everyone else. As it is they have more say, and that's worthy of outrage.
So who was reserving their spot up against the wall when the revolution comes this time?