Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
I'm actually okay with this as long as they are only using my DNA profile to do genealogical research on things like cold cases.

Fun fact, I'm studying to get my certification in genealogy. I want to be a genealogical pathologist. Yes, I'm trying to switch careers at 54.

In other completely-separate-yet-somehow-related news:

Google has access to detailed health records on tens of millions of Americans
The endeavor, code-named "Project Nightingale," has enabled at least 150 Google employees to see patient health information [on tens of millions of Americans] which includes diagnoses, laboratory test results, hospitalization records, [...] patient names and birth dates.

Neither Google nor Ascension has notified patients or doctors about the data sharing.
Between this and the 23&Everyone, is HIPAA just suddenly not a thing any more?

—Patrick

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
HIPAA does not have an effect on the DNA thing. It's not something the law addresses.

But the other? Serious breach of HIPAA.

Ahh, that's ageism, but the decades of complaining about millennials, that's cool.

Fuck off you old fucks and fucking die finally.

figmentPez

Staff member
AP sources: Epstein jail guards had been offered plea deal

"Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to two correctional officers responsible for guarding Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his death, but the officers have declined the offer, people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

"The existence of the plea offer signals the Justice Department is considering criminal charges in connection with the wealthy financier’s death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York in August. The city’s medical examiner ruled Epstein’s death a suicide. .

"The guards on Epstein’s unit are suspected of failing to check on him every half hour, as required, and of fabricating log entries to show they had. As part of the proposed plea deal, prosecutors wanted the guards to admit they falsified the prison records, according to the people familiar with the matter. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to publicly discuss the investigation. "

That's wholly appropriate for Chile, where the cops have been targeting protestors' eyes with rubber bullets and pellets.