Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

GasBandit

Staff member
Nope. They're a fucking moron.
If they were an actual moron, they wouldn't have graduated from a university, or gotten any of the jobs they've held, including this one. This person has built hospitals. That's not something a village idiot could do.

That doesn't make him right.

But your response means you need to watch that video again, in its entirety.

If they were an actual moron, they wouldn't have graduated from a university, or gotten any of the jobs they've held, including this one. This person has built hospitals. That's not something a village idiot could do.

That doesn't make him right.

But your response means you need to watch that video again, in its entirety.
I'd rather get through my breakfast without wanting to smash walls or faces, TYVM.

And after all the Drumpf family has done since the days of Old Man Fred, to give that... object... a pass? I stand by my statement.

Some of the smartest people I've ever known thought Mao Ze Dong was a swell fucking guy. Political opinions don't equate to intelligence. Thinking that way leads to underestimating your opposition, and losing elections time and time and time again. I am in complete agreement with Pie in the video there. If you cannot see why someone might view the world in a different light that involves something other than pointing to a 3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons alignment chart, then it might be time to reevaluate strategy. You can't fight what you don't understand, and you can't convince people your way is better without giving someone the sense that you connect with them on at least a basic level.

GasBandit

Staff member
But if they where so smart, why did they fall for the obvious "ripoff and a racket" that is higher education?
Because it was 20 years ago, and it wasn't as egregious then.

Also he got a sports scholarship, so it wasn't as much of a ripoff.

When facts don’t matter, there is no convincing.
In order to appeal to both bases, they would need to craft their speeches to not only convince rational people, but also as an appeal to the emotions of the frenzied, and it's gonna be hard to do both without coming off as a waffler.

--Patrick

In order to appeal to both bases, they would need to craft their speeches to not only convince rational people, but also as an appeal to the emotions of the frenzied, and it's gonna be hard to do both without coming off as a waffler.

--Patrick
And here we find the reason Belgian politicians are so successful internationally. Waffling is our second nature.

(Brewing's our first nature. Cheers)

Erdogan laid out a plan that said that northern Syria is not a land suited to non-Arabs like the Kurds. They don't have the fortitude to survive there. It requires Arab stewardship.

AKA: GONNA KILL ALL THE KURDS, THANKS FOR HELPING USA!

Remember when people thought it wasn't civil to punch this piece of shit? I remember reading about how afraid he was to go outside after taking a pop in a public. Good.

Oh no. The young man who played other young men for fun and profit isn't popular anymore and now he's turning on his old friends to get any kind of attention he can.

Oh no. How terrible.

Regardless of what you think, violence should never be the answer, and inflicting violence on people just because you disagree with them is wrong.

Also, nazis aren't people, so carry on.

I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED, that the man who is a known white nationalist, that organized a white nationalist rally where the phrases "blood and soil, and "the Jews will not replace us" were chanted secretly did not care for equality of all minority groups. What has this world come to?

Alrighty biatches, I go under the knife for a detached retina last night.
You've read the horror story of the procedure *tho to be fair, to be fair, to be faiiiir, the results supposedly look good* *too much Letterkenny binging*
I swung by the polls on the way to the post op exam.

If you haven't voted, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?!?!?

p.s. My boss agreed that I should start consulting ambulance chasers, for medical costs if nothing else. If I were someone giving in to histrionics *at that moment* or vengeance later or BOTH, there'd be a shiatstorm abrewin'.

So while a Democratic governor winning kentucky is nice, it's not quite as telling as you'd think for Mitch. The governor was actually hugely unpopular, only having a 30% approval rate in the state. Mitch will probably be fine with his approval rate of
checks notes
18%