Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I laugh every time I see Tucker Carlson. Because he's not wearing a bow tie. And I know it's because John Stewart shamed him about it during his Crossfire interview. John Stewart, still living in Tucker Carlson's head rent free ;)

Story is being broken currently that Gaetz's arrest is going to happen very soon. Had direct testimony from an 18 year old that she had sex with Gaetz when she was not 18.

I don't know if this is ACTUALLY true, but this is spreading now.

Story is being broken currently that Gaetz's arrest is going to happen very soon. Had direct testimony from an 18 year old that she had sex with Gaetz when she was not 18.

I don't know if this is ACTUALLY true, but this is spreading now.
"Well Tucker, you see, we're going to have sex when she's 35, she just experiences time in a non-linear manner."

This was something I noticed when I was very young but never even equated it to redlining. I just remember whenever my family would take me to visit relatives in Los Angeles, I always wondered why so many neighborhoods felt so flat with just gnarly bushes and no real greenery anywhere. I lived next to what felt like a forest a good chunk of my early life, so it was weird seeing whole regions just smog-y and tree-less.

I'm not disputing the racial effect, but I doubt it's racially motivated.
You see the same thing in more culturally homogenous countries in poor neighborhoods vs rich or middle class. Because black neighborhoods take to be poorer, obviously they'll also be less green. But I'd say it's classism, not racism.

It's impossible to ignore the racial motivation. Those redlined areas were denied loans on a basis of race, not class. Hell, it was notoriously hard for Black GIs to acquire their benefits after the war (entirely because of their race) and one of the big ones was access to loans that allowed entire neighborhoods to be built for returning GIs.

I'm not disputing the racial effect, but I doubt it's racially motivated.
You see the same thing in more culturally homogenous countries in poor neighborhoods vs rich or middle class. Because black neighborhoods take to be poorer, obviously they'll also be less green. But I'd say it's classism, not racism.
....they were forced into those poorer areas via the extremely racist redlining. Denied any and all ability to buy or rent housing outside those areas. It was purposefully racist with the intent if keeping black people away from white.

....they were forced into those poorer areas via the extremely racist redlining. Denied any and all ability to buy or rent housing outside those areas. It was purposefully racist with the intent if keeping black people away from white.
You can get a loan completely online now, no need to make an appointment with a lender. Know why? Because too many times the purpose of that in-person interview was just to find out whether the applicant was Black.

At the time I first saw this, I thought it was merely satirical comedy. It was not until much later that I discovered how much actual truth was contained in it.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Well, no. I only know it from pushing an engine to near breaking point.
Then you'd best seek some education before you start saying ignorant shit like "I doubt it's racially motivated." Redlining was explicitly racially motivated. It wasn't just about investing more in wealthier areas, it was about stopping black people from moving to wealthier/white areas. Within the last decade I've seen news headlines about how efforts are still being made to de-segregate schools in Texas because redlining is so effective at creating majority white school districts (even within areas where the white population are not higher income than minorities on the "other side of the tracks".) The real estate and banking industries collaborated to not only deny finances to black people, but to also keep them from buying property in white neighborhoods, even if they did manage to get enough money to do so. This practice has a long history in the US, and it's been documented over and over that it is overwhelmingly based on race, not class.