Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Helen Lovejoys all over the internet screaming "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDRENS" over Lil Nas X. I can't believe we're back to this Satanic panic shit.

Helen Lovejoys all over the internet screaming "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDRENS" over Lil Nas X. I can't believe we're back to this Satanic panic shit.
They need to get with the times. It's 2021, if you aren't at least a little gay and having sex with the devil what are you even doing?

One of the first replies is a doozy too.
"He does not hate them, he will just make them burn in hell if they act gay."
With the Cosmic Calendar as the standard, "burn in hell for all eternity" is like sentencing a toddler to life without parole for stealing a piece of bubble gum.

I'm reposting this from the Canadian Politics thread here because I honestly don't know who actually goes in that thread and you all need to know just how fucking dumb my little insanely right-wing land-mass in the middle-west of Canada is.

L. O. Fucking. L

My premier Jason Kenney just released the new curriculum for schools. Included in the music portion is a requirement to teach about Mart Kenney. Who's Mart Kenney? Shocked you've never heard of him. He's an irrelevant big band composer of no renown that also happens to be Jason Kenney's grandfather.

This is some dictator ego bullshit. He's literally forcing grade 6 kids to listen to his grandfather's remarkably bland, boring, shitty music instead of actually covering notable big band composers of the time.

The rest of the curriculum is your average make school as boring and dull as possible with rote memorization of dates over actually learning, but that's normal Conservative dulling of the minds education bullshit.

Last edited:
Hey, at least each time our governor is accused of harrasment by a new woman, we get more stuff. We've already got loosened covid restrictions, legal weed, and removal of vaccine eligibility restrictions.

Yes, and swimming can be taught just by having the learners wave their arms around in the air while on land.

Also, you can teach a foreign language just by explaining the vocabulary and syntax, there's no need for students to practice speaking, listening, reading, or writing it.

Oh, and you can develop star athletes just by sitting them down and explaining the fundamentals of the game. I'm sure Lebron James became such a great basketball player because he spent all his time reading The Jordan Rules.

Hey @GasBandit and other coders. How does this sound to you?

Less future competition? Sounds good to me!

In all seriousness, starting coding with pencil & paper isn't that weird. My first class was like that for the first month or two. But obviously you run up on the limits of what you can learn pretty quickly if you plan to teach programming while never touching a computer.

As my lovely wife described learning to code in college as "having to write a report that does tricks", I guess they just have to write reports?

I'm with blots. Anything to stave off the hordes of young programmers as ageism continue to be a serious issue among those who actively choose to program late in their careers.

Shit, the AP computer science test (which uses Java and is a joke), requires you to write out your programs on paper, and it was a hassle to get my son's IEP accommodation of being able to use a word processor because they didn't want kids using an actual computer, because then they might find a way to *gasp* test their code.

Shit, the AP computer science test (which uses Java and is a joke), requires you to write out your programs on paper, and it was a hassle to get my son's IEP accommodation of being able to use a word processor because they didn't want kids using an actual computer, because then they might find a way to *gasp* test their code.
Meanwhile in the real world nothing is scarier than your code working perfectly on the first try.

Meanwhile in the real world nothing is scarier than your code working perfectly on the first try.
I was in a job interview last month where they sprung an online code test on me. The site was kind of slick, if low-featured..it was basically Notepad++ online, but the code could compile and run. When I blazed through their test requirement and hit 'run', I blurted out "wow, that worked the first time!"

Find someone who loves you as much as conservatives love comparing themselves to the Jews in Nazi Germany.

That's a favorite comparison of covid deniers here in Germany. I especially like the teenagers who compare themselves with Sophie Scholl or Anne Frank. oof

Conservatives always argue that using the word "Nazi" has caused it to lose all meaning, yet they continue to spout "Communism" so much that they now coined the phrase "Corporate Communism" without even a hint of irony.

This, combined with all the Republican's who voted "No" on the rescue bill now taking credit for all the money said bill is investing into their districts, and I just keep losing faith in an honest, just world.

Oh, this mother fucker is guilty.

He's not only WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fucking specific, in the interview he kind of implicates Tucker too. Matt Gaetz is a fucking moron. Of course, he'll go free.

Last edited: