Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I sure do love all these dumbasses that can't seem to figure out that they can own guns without giving their money to grifters.

Much like the Republican party, today's NRA is not the NRA of yesteryear. It was [sub|per]verted to serve the interests of the people running it instead of its actual mission. And it's too bad that the entire organization is facing euthanasia due to the metastasis of its corruption.

--Patrick

Much like the Republican party, today's NRA is not the NRA of yesteryear. It was [sub|per]verted to serve the interests of the people running it instead of its actual mission. And it's too bad that the entire organization is facing euthanasia due to the metastasis of its corruption.

--Patrick
It really weirded me out at my son's Boy Scout camp that all the shooting ranges were not just sponsored by the NRA (duh), but that all of the common-sense safety procedures came from the NRA. Like, they were worried about gun safety at some point I guess?

GasBandit

Staff member
It really weirded me out at my son's Boy Scout camp that all the shooting ranges were not just sponsored by the NRA (duh), but that all of the common-sense safety procedures came from the NRA. Like, they were worried about gun safety at some point I guess?
The NRA was originally founded as a training organization to teach Americans to shoot better, so that they could better fill their potential militia roles if the need arose.

It grew into something else over the years.

Oh hey look what just showed up atop my web browser?

enran.png

Guys, no. Stop assuming stuff based on my IP address. It won't go well for you.

--Patrick

Big orange fuckface is imposing tariffs on Canadian aluminum again, despite new NAFTA requiring 80% of aluminum in industrial use in the US to come from inside North America. All that means is the cost is going to be passed down to the consumers in the US, again and Justin Trudeau has said that retaliatory tariffs will match that one dollar for dollar. Likely doing what they did last time laser targeting red states.

Today I learned he's also referred to as "Hair Furor."
Never saw it before today, seen it probably half a dozen times since I got out of bed this morning.

--Patrick

Big orange fuckface is imposing tariffs on Canadian aluminum again, despite new NAFTA requiring 80% of aluminum in industrial use in the US to come from inside North America. All that means is the cost is going to be passed down to the consumers in the US, again and Justin Trudeau has said that retaliatory tariffs will match that one dollar for dollar. Likely doing what they did last time laser targeting red states.
Oh my, listening to Chrystia Freeland press conference today.

ab8.gif

Dave

Staff member
Now, if they said that they wanted to see it to walk in the footsteps of Easy Company, it would have been a very different look. As it is....Nazi.

Ilhan Omar's opponent was actually claiming to be running at her from the left, but he was funded by the right-wing interests in the party.

I was about to post about this on Facebook, and I can't even bring myself to bother. The people who already care will continue to be outraged. The idiots will make excuses. The people we elect to protect us from things like this will do nothing.

God this country is stupid.

Trying to wrap my head around the info today on Israel and the UAE normalizing relations. Many people are calling it a historic moment.

Yet, from everything I read on it, the UAE and Israel didn't have hostile ties. The big issue was the UAE didn't recognize Israel as a state, but both have worked together unofficially versus Iran in the past.

Don't get me wrong, any process towards better relations in the Middle East is a welcome one, but this was basically like two kids that didn't like really talking with each other finally having a chat at lunch, and not two hostile powers.

I am also rather weary because it's well known that the UAE has strong ties with Russia and has openly been trying to break Russia's ties with Iran. Giving a symbolic gesture towards peace looks really good for Trump, Russia's preferred candidate, and could be done either at Russia's request or their own initiative to make Russia more accepting of loosening it's ties with Iran. I won't dive into that conspiracy theory though until we see how this agreement plays out in November when the threat of US elections are no longer at the front of worldwide scrutiny.

You're partially right, but of course for Israel the point is that they gave a temporary suspension of further annexations (not even a promise to stop, just a promise to wait for a while) and in return for the UAE to start treating them normally again "with other countries to follow". This could very well be the beginning of the end for Palestine.

Again saying the quiet part out loud...

The number of disenfranchised/dead has still not yet reached the threshold where those who don’t care about law and order finally start (The “Mr. Smith” point), or where those who do care can’t stomach any more, stop caring, and start doing. There needs to be one of those donation thermometer things to keep track of this. Sure, there have been flare-ups of both, but nothing systemic yet. I expect everyone is waiting to see what happens in November before they commit.

As Kris Kristofferson said, “Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose.” There’s gonna be a lot of people poised to hit peak Freedom by then, and if a totalitarian lockdown hasn’t yet been completed, that’s when things are going to get REALLY ugly.

—Patrick

The other dirty little secret (that's not so secret) is that Israel and Saudi Arabia are best buddies, though they publicly can't have any relations.

Honestly guys? It's the stuff like this with him admitting his reasons for fucking over USPS that makes me kind of glad for Trump. He is pointing out so many terrible blind spots in the system itself and keeps giving away the game because he can't help but talk about it.

Could you imagine what could be happening if Trump was actually competent?

Of course, this assumes we don't fuck this up in November and allow him to steal away the election. There is still the possibility of that.

I think the union should just announce that there will be no more mail to any trump properties, either on the business or residential end.

Does that include 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
Nah. Gotta respect the possibility of a mail-bomb.*

*Blotsfan does not actually endorse acts of terrorism. All posts that he has made are purely by him and do not represent the view of Halforums or Nihsen LLC.