Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, Gary Johnson opposed net neutrality too.
I have this feeling he'd be a lot more negotiable than Trump, though (as he is actually a sane person and not a deluded, frothing egotist), and probably would not have made Ajit Pai FCC commissioner.

I mean, really, this is a congressional thing, not as much a Presidential thing. Congress was trying this nonsense under Obama as well, and it wasn't Obama that changed their minds.

A plate of mouldy cheese nachos found six months later behind the counter when you finally notice the smell would've been a better alternative to who got voted in.

There are those who strongly believe that it’s ok to disregard what is said if there is any question about the character of who said it. These people also conveniently ignore the character of their own champions.

I don’t think the lyrics to Crazy Train have ever been more apropos.

—Patrick

Jury acquits Mexican man in San Francisco pier killing
SAN FRANCISCO - A jury on Thursday found a Mexican man not guilty in the killing of a woman on a San Francisco pier that touched off a fierce national immigration debate two years ago, rejecting possible charges ranging from involuntary manslaughter to first-degree murder.

The shooting of Kate Steinle came during the presidential primary campaign in 2015 and was used by then-candidate Donald Trump to push for a wall on the Mexican border.

The president called the verdict "disgraceful" on Twitter late Thursday.
What the ever-living fuck? This guy is the poster child for why both Sanctuary Cities AND Open Borders are terrible ideas. From the article:
  • Been deported 5 times already - 7 times felon
  • Was already arrested but released before ICE could get there because of the Sanctuary City status of San Francisco
  • Specifically stated that he went to San Francisco BECAUSE he couldn't get deported from there
Bottom line, if you guys had a secure border, Kate Steinle would be alive. If Sanctuary Cities went away, Kate Steinle would be alive.

The policies that encourage or defend Open Borders and Sanctuary Cities mean that Kate Steinle was killed as a direct result of such.