Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

Dave

Staff member
He gave you that look because you know what he meant and was being pedantic. In other words, you're doing the thing again.

Dave

Staff member
I see what happened. I clicked on the wrong part of the post. It took me straight to his account, not the thread in question.

That's what I get for trying to post on a super-small text page.

I see what happened. I clicked on the wrong part of the post. It took me straight to his account, not the thread in question.

That's what I get for trying to post on a super-small text page.
Well the account is deleted now so...

The hell? Wonder why they did that? Maybe getting sued for the "idiot son" and all that?
Reportedly the last tweet from the now-deleted account:

1593740005979.png

So because people are stupid we can't have entertaining nice things. (Seems as though the original was a send-up, but people got all huffy about it regardless.) A different person on twitter (@ PunkProfStories) has taken up the thread and continued the saga.

Eh. Comedy - and public TV in general - are mostly made by artistic types, who usually have a higher education, and a far more left than center political view than the average person. Statistical fact, proven a million times over. Just like journalists, as a group, tend to be further left than average. Nothing wrong with either.
The problems begin when politicians feel the need to regulat what is "good" or "bad" art or comedy. it's a dangerous slippery slope...But one where the first steps make some sense - comedians/programmers need to be aware of it and balance it out a bit.

Boris Johnson built his early political career off the back of his appearances on Have I Got News For You. Will that be one of the left-wing comedy shows to be axed?

You guys have really been slacking over here.

Boris has been cooking up a new law that totally shits on the agreement he actually managed to get with the EU, esp. concerning NI.

It's like they're trying to get the worst possible outcome!

Yeah, trying to write a law while literally saying it'll go against international law and treaties is a great way of getting more sympathy from Europe.
No, wait, dictators. That's who I meant to say. Dictators will live the crooked reasoning of "or internal laws can circumvent or exclude parts of international law we agreed to".

Firstly, that's clearly a car he's driving not a lorry.

Secondly, the border guard is, well, a border guard. His job is to prevent people taking contraband into the EU. Meat & dairy products from non-EU countries have been contraband for years. This is literally what he has to do to do his job.

Thirdly, the US & Australia (and probably lots of other countries) have this rule as well. I bet you anything most of their border guards would have treated the guy no better & probably worse than the Dutch did.

"We wouldn't have ruined our lives with Brexit if you didn't keep sending over all those stinky brown people and poles, Angela!"

- The Brexiteers, probably.

So, uh, how're things now that apparently any sort of protesting can amount in a ten year prison sentence and the monarchy has been outed as parasitic ghouls (also racist)?

England feels like a lost cause of authoritarian nastiness. Ireland and Scotland should probably bail asap or be drawn in deeper into the spiral of complete irrelevance.

So, uh, how're things now that apparently any sort of protesting can amount in a ten year prison sentence
Well, that hasn't happened yet. The Bill about that will be read in Parliament tomorrow so it could still hopefully be voted down.

Incidentally the Bill also pretty much makes it illegal to protest outside Parliament & drastically increases the authority of the police to impose restrictions on protests everywhere else. As in, if the protest is noisy or will have an impact on even one passer-by the police can shut it down. Meaning it will essentially only be legal to protest if no-one knows you are protesting. :censored:

What, because of the V for Vendetta protesting laws? Or the... Tone deaf response to the Everard case? Or one of a dozen other things could wrong these days?
Or the plans to put extra limits on the ability to challenge government decisions in court?

I was reading about it, while they like to talk about that guy, something like 98% of Brits living abroad voted to stay in the EU, so they're mostly getting fucked.