Former President Trump Thread

... Isn't this a discussion about the goddamn death star?
I think you missed this part: "where they're completely unable to fight back at all".

I wasn't complaining about the make belief part.

That said, I assume you mean that anyone in or near a base where nukes are stored are fair game? The death star was an allusion to the cold war, after all.
Except that the equivalent would be downing the Enola Gay... you'd be pretty hard pressed to make an argument the Japanese would have been wrong to shoot it down if it had civilians on board.

According to the star wars wiki:
That's at least 425k people not at all concerned with the Laser.
But... those are all military personnel... that's even less debatable about the morality of taking them out.

And, again, you can't even make teh Wehrmacht excuse of them not knowing about atrocities, since, even if they had nothing to do with teh laser, thy still couldn't have missed Alderaan going bye-bye.

No, I think they're dead set on just scrapping the constitution altogether.
Pretty sure there's one amendment that's safe...

He's dumb enough, but the Republicans know that would wreck their credibility.

Hahahahahahahahhahhahhahahaha....

If stealing a SCOTUS seat and letting Trump ignore impleneting the russian sanctions didn't do that, why would this?

Owning a gun does not automatically make you a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. It is even possible to support the rights of others to own and keep arms while simultaneously refusing to own any of your own.

--Patrick
I was talking about Republican owners outnumbering Liberals... you really telling me there are anti-2nd reps out there?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the difference was That the Ruby Ridge people didn't actually commit any crimes warranting getting SWATted, had false charges filed against them, and weren't in the process of "resisting" until federal jackboot agents rolled up, threw rocks at their dogs, and started shooting when the dogs reacted.
How does that not support MY argument?

Last edited:
I was talking about Republican owners outnumbering Liberals... you really telling me there are anti-2nd reps out there?
It looked like you were assuming that all gun owners are also 2nd Amendment activists (and possibly vice-versa as well).
I was merely pointing out that this is not the case.

--Patrick

Perhaps I'm not clear on what "your argument" is, then. After all, I had to infer it from your "I'll let you figure it out."
The government crushed them, and for no reason too... even though they had guns.

It looked like you were assuming that all gun owners are also 2nd Amendment activists (and possibly vice-versa as well).
I was merely pointing out that this is not the case.

--Patrick
Well, there was more context if you had seen steimen's link.

And now:

Guess they're worthy of sympathy, as long as they're not running away to the US, then they should be separated from their kids...

GasBandit

Staff member
The government crushed them, and for no reason too...
While they weren't resisting. As soon as Ruby Ridge started resisting, suddenly a mountain cabin full of armed yahoos held off the mighty US government in a standoff for weeks (and when they did eventually surrender, the trial pretty much cleared them of any wrongdoing). And Waco was only resolved by what should have been considered a crime against humanity, and is a large part of why more people are waking up to the fact that you can't trust government to be the sole ownership of the use of force.

Eh... 3 people died in the first two days, and i wouldn't call 10-11 days "a few weeks".

And the whole matter was resolved after they stopped using guns, and the law of the land was allowed to work.

As for Waco... what exactly dd you think a government tyranny that would require armed resistance would look like that would make it so they wouldn't resort to "a crime against humanity"?

EDIT: come to think of it, what the guns did was make the police act in ways that where not permitted, and where then punished by the courts, so i guess they "helped" in that way... but where his wife and son's lives worth getting that settlement money to pay off his original felony?

GasBandit

Staff member
And the whole matter was resolved after they stopped using guns, and the law of the land was allowed to work.
The whole point was them storming the place was in violation of the "law of the land." If the law of the land had been the issue from the start, nobody would have died at all. But the fact they held out 11 days should put paid to that whole "you can't resist the government with small arms" sophomorism.

The whole point was them storming the place was in violation of the "law of the land." If the law of the land had been the issue from the start, nobody would have died at all. But the fact they held out 11 days should put paid to that whole "you can't resist the government with small arms" sophomorism.
Yes and no. If the military were to really put effort into it, without caring about the consequences, it would be no contest. I somehow doubt we'd get to *that* point however.

The whole point was them storming the place was in violation of the "law of the land."
No knock warrants seem to disagree with you...

If the law of the land had been the issue from the start, nobody would have died at all. But the fact they held out 11 days should put paid to that whole "you can't resist the government with small arms" sophomorism.
Yeah, i'm sure the time period had nothing to do with the cops shooting at fleeing people and killing his wife through a door...

And the law did allow them to go arrest him, just not the way they did it.

EDIT: oh, and they surrendered after being threatened with a full tactical assault. So, yeah...

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
oh, and they surrendered after being threatened with a full tactical assault. So, yeah...
And yet the Bundies didn't.

Yes and no. If the military were to really put effort into it, without caring about the consequences, it would be no contest. I somehow doubt we'd get to *that* point however.
And if it does, the resistance escalates in accordance.

Because they got ambushed and that one guy died?

And yet Waco didn't... :p
I'm not sure you're thinking of the same time that the Bundies stood up to the government. Remember, Cliven Bundy and his sons had a standoff with the government in one state and then his sons and a group of supporters had another standoff in Malheur County, OR, where they got ambushed and that one guy died.

But isn't that the ending?

I mean they weren't there on some unrelated business...
It may not have been unrelated business, but the two were separate incidents, handled by separate law enforcement agencies, in separate years. I should add that I have some knowledge of the events of the 2016/2017 Malheur County episode and almost none of the 2014 business, primarily because we were considering moving to the East side of Oregon as well as the West side, before settling on the SW coast region.

Now I'm seeing stuff about naturalized citizens being asked for their A numbers, or popping up in systems as not naturalized. Something shady is going on, but whether it's just some personnel or adjustments being made systemically, if you know anyone naturalized tell them to know where their documents are.

Now I'm seeing stuff about naturalized citizens being asked for their A numbers, or popping up in systems as not naturalized. Something shady is going on, but whether it's just some personnel or adjustments being made systemically, if you know anyone naturalized tell them to know where their documents are.
I don’t think it’s just naturalized citizens, either. Ask Cranky about the almost two-year ordeal he had to go through when he went to see about his impending Social Security and discovered they had somehow lost proof he was here legally...even though he’s been here since he was 2yrs old.

—Patrick

Just yesterday, my friend posted about having trouble along these lines at JFK. He's Chinese, though born in Venezuela, but he's been in the US most of his life. He's currently in Hong Kong visiting family, but he was detained, not told why, asked about his passports, had one ticket ripped up, and now he's worried if he's going to be able to get back home to his wife. (His wife and I went to HS together, and she's here in NY. She couldn't join him due to work and health reasons.)

There's already been talk of a "denaturalization" process.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been waiting for a connection to surface. I was just wondering if it was going to be willing collusion, or some sort of blackmail. Maybe it's a little of each.

figmentPez

Staff member
He’s been business friendly though. If they were to blackmail someone off the court it wouldn’t have been him.
That logic only works if you assume that they could blackmail anyone they wanted. The fact remains is that the Trump administration is happy to have this slot open, even if it's not the best possible opening.

Just yesterday, my friend posted about having trouble along these lines at JFK. He's Chinese, though born in Venezuela, but he's been in the US most of his life. He's currently in Hong Kong visiting family, but he was detained, not told why, asked about his passports, had one ticket ripped up, and now he's worried if he's going to be able to get back home to his wife. (His wife and I went to HS together, and she's here in NY. She couldn't join him due to work and health reasons.)
My friend Benny went through a process where they refused to say he was a citizen... after serving in the military.

Armed US border agents are now boarding Canadian lobster boats in Canadian waters (New Brunswick) to search for illegal immigrants.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
I think the international consensus is now that the FBI was experimenting with putting drugs in the tap water again, but they somehow caused a runaway effect affecting the cognitive abilities of the majority of the population.

I think the international consensus is now that the FBI was experimenting with putting drugs in the tap water again, but they somehow caused a runaway effect affecting the cognitive abilities of the majority of the population.
Minority overall, just a majority in the swing states

Yes, have to remember that 3 million extra people still voted for Hillary over Trump, it's just due to the electoral college, that didn't matter in the end. He won the swing states and thus the presidency.