[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

But that's dropping your damage by 14.7%.
I don't have a gift yet so it doesn't have a gem with 130% crit damage. Without gems being factored in, it's an increase of about 10%.

Worst case scenario it will get rolled over at the end of the season and I have plenty of gifts in my regular stash.

But...the gems are factored in.
Yes, but the new one doesn't have a socket yet, and so has no gem. The game is comparing a gemmed wand against an ungemmed wand, so of course the ungemmed one is coming up short.
You can get around this by holding the <SHIFT> key while comparing the two. Holding <SHIFT> tells the game to temporarily ignore any socketed gems and is much less expensive than having Covetous pull the gems every time.

--Patrick

I knew about that but how often does one get the gift that sockets? I've only ever seen it once.
It's not common. It's a lot more common when you play at T6 and above, though. So far I've accumulated a total of 4, and I still have 1 left.

--Patrick

I just discovered that my non-seasonal monk can play comfortably on T6.
I discovered this when I needed to bring my health < 50% to test something, so in T3, I went out into the Fields of Misery to let myself get beat up until my health went below half.
It never did.
I mean, I just stood there in T3 with something like 20 mobs beating on me and my health wouldn't go below 50%. That's when I decided to see if I could play T6. I can.
I'm going to be a little busy with her the next time I play.

--Patrick

You know, when you're messing around with your equipment, it's best to remember to put all your gems back in your stuff BEFORE you open the lvl 32 grift.
I finished it, but it took a loooong time (and my gem upgrade failed all 3 times). At least I got the exp.

--Patrick

Hey, wanna watch a guy go from level 1 to level 70 in under one minute?
...well too bad, because it hasn't been done yet.

This guy does manage to do it in only 1:05, though.

--Patrick

He could've gone faster, he just didn't have the right equipment. He just has a blue helm, for instance, and he could've swapped in a lot more +exp/kill gear in those empty spaces, or jumped into a Cain's/Born's set.

--Patrick

I did see someone pop into a multiplayer game with the following:
asmk.png

I don't know why they went with an amethyst, unless they were having a really hard time keeping alive.

--Patrick

Were they doing a support build? They used an amethyst and they rolled something off for vit rather than AS or 10% damage.

If they were using that for a dps build I'll make a citizens arrest!

Right now I'm trying to gather the pieces for a WW Barb almost solely through shard gambling. So far I have 3 pieces of the Wastes set and one piece for IK.

Oh, and getting this Daemon Hunter to 70 is taking forever, even with a Gem of Ease. It's so DULL. Every time I gain a level I get tired of playing it and go back to destroying mobs with my WD.

How can it be taking you so long to level your DH? Did you not level the gem yet?

In the video he has only leveled it to level 25. I can tell you that leveling it to level 30, or even 35, is that much more amazing, especially when you put a ruby in your helm and a Hellfire Ring on your finger.

--Patrick

Last edited:
How can it be taking you so long to level your DH? Did you not level the gem yet?

In the video he has only leveled it to level 25. I can tell you that leveling it to level 30, or even 35, is that much more amazing, especially when you put a ruby in your helm and a Hellfire Ring on your finger.

--Patrick
Yup, I leveled the gem up to 28. And I find the build BORING. Fifteen minutes and I'd rather do anything else. The damage really sucks and it takes forever to kill even basic minions. Also, I play exclusively solo.

it takes forever to kill even basic minions. Also, I play exclusively solo.
Are you using a level 70 legendary weapon at least? Like a 2000+ dps Barber or Blood-Magic Edge? It shouldn't take very long to kill even a level 60 minion with a level 70 weapon, even when playing solo.

--Patrick