[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

On BlizPro's Westmarch Workshop, Senior Technical Designer Wyatt Cheng apparently says Greater Rift Trials are going away. That there is a bit of good news :)

Apparently I've been scooped by 12 hours. Le sigh!

The trials are a pain. Not sure how they would be replaced though. I guess regular rifts would just drop rank 1 keys and everyone starts there??

I love the Gem of Ease so much. I used it last night on a baby WD and after two sets of bounties she was 65 and I joined a clan group for the last five levels.

A baby DH is next.[DOUBLEPOST=1429274394,1429274129][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to add that I used a low level Leoric's signet and crown that doubled the effectiveness of my 41% ruby.

Two sets of bounties? Pfft, I leveled to 70 with one set of bounties last seaso..Oh. Right. :p
Jewelry is nice, but there's no substitute for Friends.

So no one told you leveling was gonna be this way
Your toon's a joke, you're broke, your Templar's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second-rate gear
When it hasn't been your fight, you're weak, you suck at your grift tier, but
I'll be there with you
(When the gold starts to rain)
I'll be there with you
(To help you shortcut that pain)

...etc.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Wow, the Carnevil build is fun. Shame I don't have all the proper pieces yet though. Still need a Dagger of Darts or Starmetal Kukri to give it the power it needs. Still, nice thing about not worrying about seasons is I have all the time in the world :)

Yeah, that would probably work well too @Squidleybits.

I love the hell out of this game, and I'm super impressed with the changes over the basic RoS and where it is now. Just tons of fun.

So I'm finally reinstalled and working on my Barbarian (he's 70(54) at this point) and doing a yellow rift in T2. Basically I'm playing right about on-level (i.e., more or less evenly matched) and on Hardcore when this happens:
aaaaaaahhh.jpg

I don't know if you can make it out, but the oppressor champions are illusionist/orbiter/mortar/reflect. I've also highlighted two of the three succubi champions who happened to join in, they just happened to be waller/desecrator/wormhole/frozen. I assure you that my character is in there somewhere, flailing his weapons for all they are worth and jumping whenever it looks like the exploding snowballs are about to show up in an attempt to see daylight again. It was a very, very hairy ten minutes until I managed to kill enough of them off to make a difference, and I did most of it barely able to even see my character through the mess.

...this is what makes the game fun thrilling.

--Patrick

I can't tell, but is that the console version of an ancient legendary? On PC they have a distinctive border, and the stats look right.
Now all you need to do is try to find a Ramaladni's Gift.

In other news, while playing my Barb last night, I got the "follower can't die" tokens for both my templar and my scoundrel about 30min apart. That leaves me only one unity ring away from having the combo.

--Patrick

I can't tell, but is that the console version of an ancient legendary? On PC they have a distinctive border, and the stats look right.
Now all you need to do is try to find a Ramaladni's Gift.

In other news, while playing my Barb last night, I got the "follower can't die" tokens for both my templar and my scoundrel about 30min apart. That leaves me only one unity ring away from having the combo.

--Patrick
Yeah, it is the Ancient Legendary. I did get a Ramaldini's Gift two days ago, and I have already applied it. It's freaking awesome!

I still have never seen a Unity, though admittedly I don't feel like I'm all that worried about it anymore. Not sure what I would even remove on my guys if I did have them.

Dave

Staff member
Last night I hit level 60, so I'm doing well. This is what happens when you can't play very much or for very long.

I still have never seen a Unity, though admittedly I don't feel like I'm all that worried about it anymore. Not sure what I would even remove on my guys if I did have them.
Wait, are Unity's good things? I got one and salvaged it thinking it was useless!

Wait, are Unity's good things? I got one and salvaged it thinking it was useless!
Unity shares all damage between everyone wearing one. It's not particularly superpowered, but combines extremely well with the legandary "can't die" follower items. If your templar is immortal, and half your damage goes to your templar...well, that's half your damage gone, isn't it. Bonus points for equipping them on your followers back in town, too. Don't know exactly how they work in multiplayer, but still useful in the right combination.

Unity shares all damage between everyone wearing one. It's not particularly superpowered, but combines extremely well with the legandary "can't die" follower items. If your templar is immortal, and half your damage goes to your templar...well, that's half your damage gone, isn't it. Bonus points for equipping them on your followers back in town, too. Don't know exactly how they work in multiplayer, but still useful in the right combination.
In multiplayer they work exactly how you think they might...the entire party become Borg, sharing all damage equally among the group. This works very well when, say, three Demon Hunters/Wizards act as support for a Crusader/Barbarian who is tanking, since the tank can keep using taunting skills to keep the mobs focused on him while offloading 75% of all incoming damage to the three people who are ideally staying out of combat and firing into the melee (and who presumably have plenty of life-on-hit/-per-second to keep their health up).

--Patrick

Wow, this Carnevil build is fun. I know it isn't perfect since I'm using SMK and not the DoD, but It's hugely fun despite not being perfect. The best part is I can attack without fear of Reflect Damage doing more than a scratch to me. Finished a 35 GRift with 5 minutes left. Just gross!

I know it doesn't mean as much since I don't play seasonal, but I am quite pleased I just made Paragon 400 :)
I haven't made Paragon 400 on my non-seasonal characters that I've been playing for more than 2 years now. I'd say you're doing pretty well.

--Patrick

I got an ancient Wand of Woh the other night and was super excited and used my only spare gift on it. And last night got an even better one and have no gift :(. It's over 3,200 dps!!

Here's what you get when you chase around an Odious Collector for a while and then kill it.
odious.jpg

Many of those aren't just "Ingredient" they're things like "Ingredient (14)"

--Patrick