[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

I'm going to skip HC, thanks. Losing a character before I've even finished loading the level to a super-enchanted ambush elite pack that happened to spawn on top of the entrance is not my idea of fun.

Maybe later in the season we can trade power levels? I'd like to do a few of the HC achievements.
There's no big list of seasonal HC stuff, so I'll have plenty of time to help out with my HC Wiz.
I don't know if you'll level as fast as you're used to, though. I'm no power leveler.
I'm going to skip HC, thanks. Losing a character before I've even finished loading the level to a super-enchanted ambush elite pack that happened to spawn on top of the entrance is not my idea of fun.
I didn't enjoy losing my level 68 HC Wiz, I can tell you that. What I get for biting off more than I can chew, though.

--Patrick

I got a bad ass ancient Witching Hour today on my seasonal wizard!

It will be awesome right up until my six piece bonus.

At which point I'll make a seasonal WD to use the belt :)

Why I don't like rares with both "Horde" and "Arcane Enchanted" affixes.
arcanepain.jpg

At least they didn't have "Frozen" or "Waller" to go with them.

--Patrick

Been leveling my new seasonal (nevermind that I can't get fucking rewards without the expansion...) and I forgot how painful it was to level a Witch Doctor. Until you get Spirit Walk, you don't have the survivability to last through most Rares.... that's not even getting into the lack of damage.

They are painful to level for sure but once you're 70 and have a ton of peta out, it's pretty fantastic!

I'm finding my seasonal wizard exceptionally squishy. Brutally squishy.

They are painful to level for sure but once you're 70 and have a ton of peta out, it's pretty fantastic!

I'm finding my seasonal wizard exceptionally squishy. Brutally squishy.
Really, one you hit 35-36 and get the mana regen for certain spells, it's dead simple to level. You can just Spirit Barrage to your heart's content while your dogs, fetishes, and humungoid are tanking for you.

Y'all amaze me! I'm just playing on my own and I'm around P380. Just incredible you are all getting Paragon levels already when the season just started.

Not to mention Mimic/Waller/Fast. What a pile of crap! I had 4 minutes left when I faced against him and after dying 4 times I ran around him instead of attacking him and let my Zombie Dog do the work. Beat him with 30 seconds left on the timer. Ugh!

Been leveling my new seasonal (nevermind that I can't get fucking rewards without the expansion...) and I forgot how painful it was to level a Witch Doctor. Until you get Spirit Walk, you don't have the survivability to last through most Rares.... that's not even getting into the lack of damage.

I started leveling a witch doctor tonight. I was going to power level him, but the people I usually run with were all busy, so I decided to solo it the old fashioned way. I started to feel the same way, until I started switching up the build a bit, and I think I've discovered the secret to WD leveling.

You want your main attack to be haunt. It does a ton of damage. You cast it on an enemy, and the spirit does a very strong dot on it until it dies, jumping to the next enemy. You do this again, an again, and again, and you laugh maniacally as you have a dozen ghosts zipping around infecting monsters and killing them. I've been using this, locusts, the runes to double up the jumps both of them do, and the usual summons of zombie dogs, gargantuan, and fetish sycophants, and I've been able to comfortably level on torment 2 without using any handmedowns (since I don't have any, I've been slacking this season). Got to level 40+ before stopping for the night.

Haunt is a killer.

Having a hell of a time trying to find a Dagger of Darts. Hoping I can get one to drop soon so I can work on my second WD with the Zuni set.

Yay! Second WD. There are too many good builds to have just one![DOUBLEPOST=1429102379,1429102282][/DOUBLEPOST]
I started leveling a witch doctor tonight. I was going to power level him, but the people I usually run with were all busy, so I decided to solo it the old fashioned way. I started to feel the same way, until I started switching up the build a bit, and I think I've discovered the secret to WD leveling.

You want your main attack to be haunt. It does a ton of damage. You cast it on an enemy, and the spirit does a very strong dot on it until it dies, jumping to the next enemy. You do this again, an again, and again, and you laugh maniacally as you have a dozen ghosts zipping around infecting monsters and killing them. I've been using this, locusts, the runes to double up the jumps both of them do, and the usual summons of zombie dogs, gargantuan, and fetish sycophants, and I've been able to comfortably level on torment 2 without using any handmedowns (since I don't have any, I've been slacking this season). Got to level 40+ before stopping for the night.

Haunt is a killer.
I would like to level a WD this season too. I always have a WD. Feels weird not to now. I have a gem of ease but haven't leveled it at all yet.

I'll have to get Cuppycakes on that. @Ravenpoe agreed that name was fierce!

Last edited:
Finally graduated to T2. It's a bit of a struggle, but so long as I don't get any frozen/arcane/waller/jailer types, I can handle it. No spectatular gear yet, and I still have yellows in my inventory. I'm hoping rifts at T2 will change that.

--Patrick

By this time last season I had them :). Haven't seen one yet this time.

This season my wizard is rocking the Focus/restraint combo. That and the Tal Rahsa six piece is wild. Her sheet dps is low but she can carry in T6.

I have another combo of a ring that alternates between allowing different element damage bonuses and another that reduces melee damage. Melee wizard or WD maybe?