[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Yup, I leveled the gem up to 28. And I find the build BORING. Fifteen minutes and I'd rather do anything else. The damage really sucks and it takes forever to kill even basic minions. Also, I play exclusively solo.

... what weapon are you using? You should be melting through enemies. I leveled a wizard 1-70 in about 4 hours -without- a gem of ease, just using a regular socketed weapon with a bigass ruby in it. A level 70 weapon should put out even more hurt.

Don't forget a low level Leoric's signet and crown for double helm gem exp!

And T 6 :)
Oh, that would be helpful!

Yup, I'm using a lvl 70 crossbow (can't remember offhand what it is) but it still feels really slow for some reason. The Leorics Helm and Gem does sound like a great idea though!

Well, I'm an idiot. Having the difficulty at Torment 2 will make killing things slow.
What level are you? With a gem of ease weapon, unless you're using one that's really bad, you should be able to mow through T6 at least until you start getting close to 70.[DOUBLEPOST=1431402710,1431402637][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, are you doing adventure mode?

Well, I'm an idiot. Having the difficulty at Torment 2 will make killing things slow.
It...shouldn't, really? Unless the console lets you set the game level independently of your character level, you should be straight up mowing down same-level enemies even on T6 difficulty at least until you start hitting level 60-ish.

I just don't get it, and I'm not sure if I can even look at your character on the profile viewer if you play console to be able to give you tips.
EDIT: Console is supposed to be able to support dynamic difficulty. Huh.

--Patrick

What level are you? With a gem of ease weapon, unless you're using one that's really bad, you should be able to mow through T6 at least until you start getting close to 70.[DOUBLEPOST=1431402710,1431402637][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, are you doing adventure mode?
Just got there, 5 levels left to 70.[DOUBLEPOST=1431429496][/DOUBLEPOST]
It...shouldn't, really? Unless the console lets you set the game level independently of your character level, you should be straight up mowing down same-level enemies even on T6 difficulty at least until you start hitting level 60-ish.

I just don't get it, and I'm not sure if I can even look at your character on the profile viewer if you play console to be able to give you tips.
EDIT: Console is supposed to be able to support dynamic difficulty. Huh.

--Patrick
Even though the game scales by level, it also scales by game difficulty level.

Just got there, 5 levels left to 70.[DOUBLEPOST=1431429496][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even though the game scales by level, it also scales by game difficulty level.
Yeah, but that scaling doesn't really start to hurt until 70, just because high end level 70 weapons put out exponentially more damage than what you would normally have.

What weapon are you using? I think you might just be using a crappy weapon.

Yeah, when you get up there in the 70's, you should easily be seeing 1H weapons in the 2300 range, and 2H weapons around 3700.
Keep in mind that 2H bows generally have some of the lowest damage in the game for some reason* (about equivalent to a really good 1H). If you're a WD you're much better off with 1H+mojo or a really good 2H (Wormwood, Schafer's Hammer) than you are with a bow unless that bow has some sort of amazing legendary affix that boosts your build.

--Patrick
*probably because bows are designed to be used by a DH with a quiver in the off-hand, so the game is designed assuming you will have an off-hand to make up for the bow's shortcomings. Crossbows have decent damage but their rate of fire is so slow that builds need to take this into account.

Yeah, but that scaling doesn't really start to hurt until 70, just because high end level 70 weapons put out exponentially more damage than what you would normally have.

What weapon are you using? I think you might just be using a crappy weapon.
Hurt? No. Do enough damage to make killing mobs feel fun instead of like a job? That's another story.

I probably am using a crappy weapon, but it's the best one I've found so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1431487051,1431486838][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm using a Helltrapper with 2375 DPS. Still feels really slow. I also have a lvl 58 Sin Seeker's Quiver in my offhand. Hopefully I can find some better stuff soon.

Oops. My mistake. I thought you were trying to power level a WD, not a DH.

--Patrick
Heh, no worries man. My WD is my main and finished a lvl 39 GRift yesterday with it. I have all the characters lvld to 70 except the DH, which I find sorta tedious but it's much more fun when the monsters melt.

That's the part I'm not getting, though. DH is the class when it comes to dps output, but you say you're having trouble with it. That's why we're all puzzled.

--Patrick

A bovine shows up randomly on the general map (I found mine doing bounties in Act 1) and when it dies it leaves a portal. Lots of fun :) I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't done it yet, but be sure to clear the entire stage.

I saw the banner ads and such advertising it (as well as the buff) but I never ran into one. But this may be because I did something like 99% rifts last night.

--Patrick

Still no cow goblin yet, still a couple more days to try. At least I'm up to the point where I can survive GR40-ish now without dying!

...and then someone posts a video like this:

That's a level seventy GRift, folks, or the rough equivalent of Torment 21 difficulty. In case you can't read it, that end boss has > 11 trillion hit points.

--Patrick

With time to spare, even.
A lot of these high-level GRift runs seem to follow a pattern. Get to the rift guardian quickly enough to have enough time left over to grind away all of his hit points.
On another note, just how much do you have to play to be paragon 1100+?

--Patrick

Who just made P500? This guy. :)
In the last couple weeks, I've gone from something like P180 to P357, I think? A few gems leveled > 35 really help with things.
...still no cow gob, though. And time's running out! I think it ends at 12:01a on the 21st?

EDIT: Also it seems that patch 2.2.1 has hit, but patch notes are not yet on Blizzard's website.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I've burnt out a bit. I hit my 547 this season pretty quickly and am on a well deserved Dragon Age break.

I love Diablo but I played way too much there for a bit.

ntcl.png

Got my not a cow level.
Hah! Didn't realize at first that the health globes are little T-bone steaks.
Also managed to get my biggest gold streak so far:
streaking.png

I got 9mil at one point but that was because of a gilded baron and I didn't get a screenshot of it 'cuz I didn't know the little bugger had pumped me 3mil until after the streak had faded.

--Patrick

I decided to try switching up my build a bit.
Before: 1.5mil/hit with generator and 10-40mil/hit with spender.
After: 10-20mil/hit with generator and 100-400mil/hit with spender.
:eek:

--Patrick