[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Stupid Seasonal. Maybe I'll go back to my normal characters then!
Yeah, you can't get primal ancients until you "unlock" the chance for them to drop by doing a GR70 solo.
I have exactly one character who has ever completed a GR70 (from last season). No idea whether that counts or whether I would have to do another one for it to unlock. Also I don't know if unlocking primal ancients is one of those things that rolls down from Seasonal to non-Seasonal when a season ends. Also I don't know if it's account-wide or whether each character has to unlock it separately.

I assume all these answers are out there, but I only just cleared my first GR60 last night, so I have other achievements to finish first.

--Patrick

it unlocks per game type, so you have to do it once for normal and once for hc for non-seasonal, and again once each per season.
No need to do it per character.

Season end date announced:
8p EDT June 23rd, or 5p CEST June 23rd in Europe, which is one week earlier than I thought they were going to end it.

New season starts same time of day (in your region) on July 2oth first time ever on a Thursday, because they want "...to ensure there is adequate time to respond to potential issues with Seasons before the weekend begins"

Or, you know, because of potential other reasons.

--Patrick

If one of my old seasonal characters who is now normal, or you know as normal as a hot pink feathered WD can be, cleared a solo 70, is that it? Can I access the ancient primal armour on all my normal non-seasonal or must I clear another solo 70 since they introduced this new silliness?

I've been wondering the same thing, but haven't tested it.
So far, I only have one character who has EVER cleared GR70 solo, so I'm not sure how that works. She cleared GR70 during season 9, so she should be eligible, or maybe all of my non-seasonal characters should be eligible because they're all on the same account, or maybe nobody is eligible because I didn't clear GR70 after primals were introduced...and it's hard to test because I don't know how long I'd have to play before I get one since they're supposed to be so rare.

--Patrick

AFAIK but I haven't played in a while, you'll have to re-clear a GR70 with the character post-season when s/he's a "non-seasonal" to properly unlock it for all non-seasonals.

And the chance for ancient legendaries appears to be 1 in 10, with primal being 1 in 500.
Plenty of people have tested it, you need to hit GR70 to unlock the ability separately in each category or "quadrant" as it's called:
Seasonal Normal
Non-seasonal Normal
Seasonal Hardcore
Non-seasonal Hardcore

The two things that nobody seems to know are whether characters who completed GR70 previous to season 10 need to do another GR70 to "officially" unlock it AND whether unlocking it on a seasonal character will "roll down" to all the non-seasonal characters at the end of the season.

--Patrick

If my WD did it back then I guess she could do it again?
That's my assumption as well.
I've gotten my stash tab this season, so I have everything I want in seasonal.
I'm going to try and play some non-seasonal and see if I get any primal ancients in my first thousand or so legendaries. That'll answer the question of whether or not just having a 1200 blood shard cap is enough to "unlock" primals.

--Patrick

SO help me god, if I get a primal Monster Hunter or some shitty Voodoo mask that does nothing, not even look cute, I will lose my mind.
For some reason, Blizzard keeps resetting all my settings (chat size, etc) with its updates, and as a result I have rejoined the general chat channel.
And it is full of people posting their crappy off-class primal legendaries or bragging about their awesome ones.

--Patrick

On one hand, I'm interested and want to try it out.
On the other hand, aren't 50% of seasonals going to be Necro's this season? Ugh. And $15 is quite steep for a class I've so far only heard described as "underwhelming".

I agree that I'd rather see the price set at $9.99, but an extra $5 isn't that much in absolute dollars, and what I'm really looking forward to most are the +2 char slots and +2 stash pages, which are things I would've happily paid Blizzard for even without including a new character class.

--Patrick

wcraft.jpg

YES BLIZZARD WE GET IT YOU HAVE ANOTHER GAME

And while I'm posting that, we also had an appearance by @ThatNickGuy's favorite weather phenomenon.
tsnow.jpg

I had gotten one earlier this season, but accidentally salvaged it before I got the chance to post it (because that is a thing that happens to yellows). But then the gods of RNG saw fit to bless me with another one, so here it is.

--Patrick

Biggest "under the RADAR" takeaway from that video is the changes to Zei's stone of vengance, which is going to hurt Demon Hunters a bit but noticeably boost Witch Doctors and Necromancers.

--Patrick

I admit I don't know DH builds, but how's it going to hurt them? Were they all about ranged pets killing enemies close to the player :confused:?

I admit I don't know DH builds, but how's it going to hurt them? Were they all about ranged pets killing enemies close to the player :confused:?
Sentries count as "pets," so the Marauder's build was all about plopping your sentries down as far away from the enemy as possible to immediately reap the max benefit of Zei's. So now rather than dropping them as far behind you as possible and engaging enemies in melee (presumably with Bane of the Trapped equipped) while your sentries shred them from afar, you are going to have to put them far ahead of you while you stay as far away from the action as possible.

--Patrick

And yes, there are people already doing solo GR100+ with Necromancer.
I expect at least one wave of nerfs prior to season 11 start.

--Patrick

I'm kind of missing the season feel. I leveled my Necro to 70 with Gem-of-ease'd twink gear, he still doesn't really have a lot of Necro-specific stuff that's better than the Ancients he got handed down, he's running T6 so I'm now just fishing for set items....
A seasonal journey sort of gave you short term goals to go for and kept a sense of progress going. Now I'm...sort of stalled, just doing some bounties and rifts 'till the right set drops. Pffff.

You've almost described my same situation, and I'll try to address something I was discussing with @Officer_Charon earlier.
Usually Blizzard leaves only a week or so between seasons, but this time they're allowing it to go for almost a month. They've said this is for "reasons," but I assume it's to allow for the 4th holiday and also to give enough of a buffer in case the Necromancer turns out to be too OP and they need to make some adjustments before the next season starts.
Once the seasons begin, everybody gets a sense of urgency because the clock is ticking. There are rewards that can only be unlocked during seasonal play (such as the extra stash tabs) and that urgency (and the fact that you're starting over again from scratch) makes the game feel almost brand new again. Non-seasonal play can feel boring because once you've unlocked everything, about all there is left to do is to push rifts, which can make the game feel more like the traditional WoW raid/grind experience (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Personally, I'm taking this break as a chance to try out the Necromancer when I can zoom him all the way to max level, find him some gear to try out all the sets, etc. That way I'll have some experience with him, know how best to exploit his gear, playstyle, etc., by the time season 11 opens up. Season 11's plan was only just released within the last 24hrs, so now we finally know what's coming up.

Oh, and I got my very first primal legendary this week! So there was some question before about the requirements for primal drops, since you have to hit GR70 solo in order to unlock primals, but primals didn't come out until season 10, so did you have to hit GR70 again after season 10 in order to unlock it? We now have definitive proof that so long as you have hit GR70 solo at some point in the past, you have unlocked it. The game knows, somehow (probably by checking your blood shard capacity). I avoided GR70 in season 10 just so I could test this hypothesis (since I DID hit GR70 my first time in season 9), and this also means that all characters in your quadrant* will benefit from the unlock, not just the individual character who completed the rift.

--Patrick
*"Quadrants" are softcore seasonal, hardcore seasonal, softcore non-seasonal, hardcore non-seasonal.