[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Left work 1/2hr late, wife has me running a grocery mission on the way home, then dinner, then I have to help carry Cranky’s last char to the end of the current Destiny 2 expansion.

So you might not see me for an extra hour, I guess I’m saying. But don’t worry, we’ll make good time.

Also @ScytheRexx I see you there, but I always seem to catch you either AFK or in GR.

—Patrick
No worries, I'm having trouble even connecting :(

The game is completely re-installing and it claimed to be playable and I hit play and omg is it ever taking its time letting me in the game....

@PatrThom : like I said, I haven't played at all in the last week, and the week before I've only had limited time which I mostly spent playing on a new Wizard instead of my Necro. I had the feeling there was fairly limited growth there unless I found specific upgrade pieces which weren't dropping :p My progress so far this season:
1526928752300.png

I'll try to be on line tomorrow evening, my time, but I have no idea what that translates to in PatrTime. Also, I don't remember and you might be aware: is it possible to see friends on line when they're on another realm? It used to be that you couldn't see that, which was one of the reasons I stuck to the European servers rather than playing on US.

Thank you for all of your help tonight :)
It was enjoyable and absent other commitments I would not hesitate to do so again. Even just for @Poe
My progress so far this season:
I'll try to be on line tomorrow evening, my time, but I have no idea what that translates to in PatrTime. Also, I don't remember and you might be aware: is it possible to see friends on line when they're on another realm? It used to be that you couldn't see that, which was one of the reasons I stuck to the European servers rather than playing on US.
You’re certainly within striking distance of the stash page, and with almost 2wks to go it is quite achievable, but If you are on CEST, then you are 6hrs ahead of me, which means I will be working tomorrow from 5p-3a your time, which likely means we will miss each other tomorrow. If you want to coördinate something, though, I’m certainly up for it. I have 5-7 days off between now and June 3, which is an unusually large amount of time off in that short of a span.
And it is NOT possible to see the online status of people in other regions unless you are signed into a game/server from that region. I can’t see if you’re online until after I launch the game, and then only if I select the EU region prior to launching it.

—Patrick

And it is NOT possible to see the online status of people in other regions unless you are signed into a game/server from that region. I can’t see if you’re online until after I launch the game, and then only if I select the EU region prior to launching it.

—Patrick
Yeah, that used to be the case back when I tried playing on the US side for you guys. Not seeing when friends on this side of the pond were on was just too annoying - even if I don't actually ever play multiplayer with them. Blizzard chat is one of my main channels of communication with my brother, me on D3 and him on Hearthstone :D
Anyway, we won't see each other tomorrow, I'm fairly sure, but I'll try to post here when I'll be on for a prolonged period of time.

Blizzard chat is one of my main channels of communication with my brother, me on D3 and him on Hearthstone.
I just sent you a Bchat message from my phone app, let me know if you see it in EU or whether you have to sign in against the US servers before it shows up.

—Patrick

Had to sign into the US to see it. Friends lists aren't even the same - I just found out I had friend requests from half a dozen Halforumites waiting for me from months ago :)

Progress!
As usual, it's just the speed runs of rifts (doable but a lot of luck involved solo - T10 under 4 minutes and T12 under 7 minutes so far) and the conquests (ughhhh this season) holding me back. Getting my gems to 55 should be doable and sacrificing one of them for an augment is just a matter of grinding a bit.

1527092658658.png

T10 under 6 is in the bag.
Three gems to 51, one for augmenting at 42.
Only problem there is, I still only have two ancients...a reasonably-rolled unity, and a well-but-not-perfect Briggs (ring that causes cursed enemies to be pulled together - really practical, but not actually part of the build. Reminds me of using piranhas as a witch doctor). Not quite sure it's worth augmenting one of them or to hold out for an actual end-game-level piece of gear. Same reason I have two Ramaladni's bouncing around. I'll decide when that's the last bit I need, I guess.
Now I ought to try a conquest. GR45 without sets, I guess. It's the easiest solo conquest.

I'm trying to complete the seasonal journey as well. I have two conquests done and I need to think up a third one to do. I think that Curses is likely the most manageable. That or maybe the speed run through the story. With my speed chicken I might be able to run through on the lowest difficulty.

The gems are doable, but they'll just take some time.

The other ones that are going to be trouble are the T13 rifts in under 5 and 4 minutes.

Would anyone life to group up and try these?

You’ve gotten ahead of me, I just got my solo 60 last night and still haven’t gotten a conquest.

—Patrick
The Thrill turned out to be pretty much a walk in the park. I remember this conquest being relatively easy last time I did it too - I overleveled and overgeared back then, and probably the same now.
I based my build mostly on https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-the-thrill-conquest-build-season-12-patch-2-6-1 but with some small changes allowing for what I had ancients of.

I’m on Conqueror now. I’m working on getting a fourth gem up to 50 so I can use it as an augment.

That leaves Guardian. Are there additional rewards for completing it?

The Thrill turned out to be pretty much a walk in the park. I remember this conquest being relatively easy last time I did it too - I overleveled and overgeared back then, and probably the same now.
One of my biggest hurdles is that I haven’t found even one Unity so far, and that’s a large part of my usual no-set builds.
That leaves Guardian. Are there additional rewards for completing it?
Just the fancier portrait frame, really. So far as I’m concerned, the stash tabs are the real prize.

—Patrick

Last edited:
I haven’t found a Unity either and I’ve dropped a ton of shards on rings. Relatively that is.

I just finished up Conqueror and I’m on Guardian now.

The T13 rift in under 4 minutes and the third conquest are going to be hard.

The rest should be fine with time.

I got lucky in getting two unities fairly close together after getting to 70 - I'm still wearing the ancient one.

I ran into the chest for the 350-kills-conquest while doing bounties on T10 (to get stuff to reforge a legendary...I really haven't done a lot of bounties this season), and I got 214 kills. A long way off, but this isn't really an AOE build, and it was solo...That conquest may not be as impossible as I thought. I figured I was going to have to get to GR75 but this might be more easily accomplished.

I've also been leveling my Enforcer to try and give a pet build a try again once I'm through with the stash tab... I still think it's silly to run a no-pet Necro.

As for the T13 rift under 4 minutes, I tried doing some rifts today in public (as PatrThom reminded me, it's quicker), and I got joined up with a P2500 Demon Hunter and a P2500 Barbarian. I literally couldn't follow them fast enough to pick up the legendaries :oops:

We should set a time to team up for the speed rifts. I've got the 5 minute one done solo and I'm sure that we can get the 4 minute one together easily with an open map.

My WD has a decent aoe build and if you can get 214 solo, we should be close together :)

I could also be overly optimistic, but I'm choosing to be positive that we can beat these.

We should set a time to team up for the speed rifts. I've got the 5 minute one done solo and I'm sure that we can get the 4 minute one together easily with an open map.

My WD has a decent aoe build and if you can get 214 solo, we should be close together :)

I could also be overly optimistic, but I'm choosing to be positive that we can beat these.
I'm on EU ;-) Maybe next season I'll actually remember to switch servers/realms.

That said, I'm now on GR69 in 8 minutes and no deaths (not even close). No time to continue today or tomorrow, not a lot of time this weekend, but I should be able to play a bit on Monday...GR70, my gems to 60 and augment gem to 50...I should be able to push to 75 without too big of a change to my build now, really.

I'm on EU ;-) Maybe next season I'll actually remember to switch servers/realms.

That said, I'm now on GR69 in 8 minutes and no deaths (not even close). No time to continue today or tomorrow, not a lot of time this weekend, but I should be able to play a bit on Monday...GR70, my gems to 60 and augment gem to 50...I should be able to push to 75 without too big of a change to my build now, really.
I keep forgetting that you're on EU. I'm sorry. One day I will get that sorted out in my head.

I got joined up with a P2500 Demon Hunter and a P2500 Barbarian. I literally couldn't follow them fast enough to pick up the legendaries :oops:
Hee hee yep.
A Whirlwind Barb and Vault DH and the only way you can probably keep up is if you're wearing Krelm's Buff Belt and the shoes that boost your run speed after using Blood Rush.

The secret to that chest (if there is one) is to have enough AOE damage to blanket the area so you kill 'em as fast as they spawn. You can do it solo, but it's much easier if there's just more of you.

--Patrick

Lack of time, same as usual.

I’m off work today, been up since 9a. Even so, it’s now 1:30 and I haven’t even powered my gaming computer on yet.

And I still have another couple of hours at least before I’ll be able to sit down in front of it.

But I have tonight off, Sun, Mon, and Wed, so I’ll get to it.

—Patrick