[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

I'm kind of missing the season feel. I leveled my Necro to 70 with Gem-of-ease'd twink gear, he still doesn't really have a lot of Necro-specific stuff that's better than the Ancients he got handed down, he's running T6 so I'm now just fishing for set items....
A seasonal journey sort of gave you short term goals to go for and kept a sense of progress going. Now I'm...sort of stalled, just doing some bounties and rifts 'till the right set drops. Pffff.
I think the real problem is that most of the Necromancer stuff doesn't give you the one effect you'd really want, which is making your Skeletal Mages last longer... it's basically just Circle of Nailuj's Evol that does it. As such, it's hard to stack your Rathma. OR at least that was the problem I had in beta.

I think the real problem is that most of the Necromancer stuff doesn't give you the one effect you'd really want, which is making your Skeletal Mages last longer... it's basically just Circle of Nailuj's Evol that does it. As such, it's hard to stack your Rathma. OR at least that was the problem I had in beta.
Once I get all the set pieces, I'll let you know.

--Patrick

Ok, so here's my take on the Necrosets:

Grace of Inarius: The set to build when you're not sure what build you want. Just all-around useful. Grants damage reduction and an aura of damage boost that follows the Necromancer around (like the Monk's Sweeping Wind skill). Most useful for tanking/melee, I suppose. Probably also meant for those who want to use 2H scythes like Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang but also pairs very well with shield + Scythe of the Cycle or the Jesseth set. Also the Wisdom of Kalan is practically mandatory.

Bones of Rathma: The Necromancer's "Pet Set." Works extremely well when paired with the 2-piece Jesseth Arms set which further boosts the effectiveness of Command Skeletons (but not Skeletal Mage). Raise as many minions as you can, but the key is to keep as many summoned skeletal mages running as possible in order to maximize damage, so that means also equipping skills/items that make it easier to summon mages, makes mages last longer, etc. It's extremely satisfying to have the frenzy rune active on skeletons and the archer rune active on mages, then sic your skeletons on one thing while popping archer mages and watch them dart from single target to single target just obliterating things once the full +55% attack speed boost kicks in plus another 50% speed bonus from the Tasker and Theo gauntlets which you OF COURSE have equipped/active in the cube. This hyper-boosted attack speed means you get to cast a big Army of the Dead much more frequently.

Trag'Oul's Avatar: This set is a weird duck. A relative handful of Necromancer skills boost their power by adding a life requirement to their essence cost, and this set seeks to capitalize on that. Be careful about spamming skills, though, since it's not too difficult to blow your entire health pool before you realize what's happened. The set tries to mitigate this by increasing your health and healing by up to 100% (meaning it's not that hard to get 2-3 million health), but since all the life costs are based on a percentage of your maximum health your globe will still empty the same proportion every time you mash the skill button. Managed carefully, it almost amounts to a flat 50% damage reduction. This set just begs to be combined with Lornelle's Sunstone to keep you alive when your health is low. Works best with skills or items that heal you for a flat percentage of maximum health (Simplicity's Strength, for instance) but I believe there's also a good case for combining it with Shi Mizu's Haori since it's easy to push and hold your life low enough to trigger that armor's effect. This set offers the largest damage boost (+3300%) but requires dedicated management of your chosen skills and resources (i.e., your life pool), it is definitely not an "equip and forget" set.

Pestilence Master's Shroud: If you've read all the above and you're still not sure which set to equip, then equip this one. It is the easiest to manage, and equipping the Devouring Aura rune and a golem minion while wearing Moribund Gauntlets means you basically get free essence and auto-attacks every second. There are plenty of items which further boost the damage of corpse skills (I especially recommend Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, Maltorius' Petrified Spike, and The Johnstone) and it's relatively easy to start doing 1-2 billion worth of AOE with a few more careful skill/equipment choices.

--Patrick

Back when it was still a thing, I accidentally salvaged part of my Monk's near-perfect Leoric's signet hunting kit. I feel ya.

--Patrick

So season 11 is now live.
I don't know, now that I have all my stash pages, I don't feel like I'm as driven to play seasonal any more. So what's new?
-Can play as Necromancer
-New dragon pet
-Transmogs and portrait frames

Hmm. Well, I should be able to get the pet and make my way up to some of the portrait frames, at least.

--Patrick

I have made a melee necromancer. It doesn't kill nearly as fast as the glass cannon skeletal mage build I was using, but it's a hell of a lot tankier.

I have made a melee necromancer. It doesn't kill nearly as fast as the glass cannon skeletal mage build I was using, but it's a hell of a lot tankier.
Inarius or Trag'Oul? I've been toying with building a tank, and those look like they'd be the tankiest.

--Patrick

Inarius or Trag'Oul? I've been toying with building a tank, and those look like they'd be the tankiest.

--Patrick
Inarius, and after tinkering around with it some more the damage is starting to go way up.[DOUBLEPOST=1501388645,1501388453][/DOUBLEPOST]In fact, here's my current build. It's still rough, I'll probably swap out those diamonds for more damage instead, and I still need to work on legendary gems

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ravenpoe-1361/hero/92155371

I'll probably swap out those diamonds for more damage instead, and I still need to work on legendary gems
Swap out the diamonds and find yourself a Wisdom of Kalan amulet and add a Dayntee's Binding belt. As far as gems, I don't know whether Gogok or Toxin gem would be a good one to add (both increase damage dealt and decrease damage taken).

--Patrick

Here's my one-and-only to date:

moribund.png

Thinking about rolling that CDR to CritDmg UNLESS I think of a super awesome Rathma build that'll take advantage of the CDR.

--Patrick

skellies.png

Oh, praise Rathma.
"...gains the affect of all runes" meant also gaining the effect that they would explode (and therefore die/vanish) when Commanded, which meant they would immediately lose all benefit of being Commanded since they would suicide themselves, which was stupid. I'm so happy for this change because otherwise this was just a big FU for skeleton users.

--Patrick

I'm late on this bandwagon, but y Crusader just became my first Level 70, on this season's run. I still only have a vague idea as to what I'm doing, but I've at least started learning about farming...
Right now the endgame appears to be picking whatever set matches your desired playstyle and sticking with upgrading it, or else going with the Legacy of Nightmares rings and just "rolling your own," so to speak. Once you've hit peak gear, it's all about pushing for higher and higher greater rifts.

I hadn't seen you in so long, thought you'd given up on the game. :)

--Patrick

Right now the endgame appears to be picking whatever set matches your desired playstyle and sticking with upgrading it, or else going with the Legacy of Nightmares rings and just "rolling your own," so to speak. Once you've hit peak gear, it's all about pushing for higher and higher greater rifts.

I hadn't seen you in so long, thought you'd given up on the game. :)

--Patrick
It speaks of my inexperience that I barely understood any of that first part.

As for not seeing me... well, I'm rarely on. *grins*

It speaks of my inexperience that I barely understood any of that first part.
Let me try again:

Right now, once you have passed the milestone of hitting level 70, the game rewards you by unlocking the ability to get lots of those sweet level 70 items, which includes the green set pieces. Most of your advancement after that point will depend on which green set you choose to assemble. Each class has about a half dozen sets, each of which lend themselves to a particular playstyle. In the Crusaders' case, they are: Maxing out thorns damage (Invoker set), Shield Bash and Sweep (Roland set), Blessed Hammer and Falling Sword (Light set), and boosting Akarat's Champion (Akkhan set). Additionally, there is the Steed set that boosts your Steed Charge. There are other legendary items that have synergies with these sets and their abilities, so sometimes using the Ring of Royal Grandeur (often abbreviated RoRG) will let you swap in some other item that makes you even more awesome.

However, if the specific skills required for use with the above sets don't go with your preferred playstyle (since their respective bonuses kinda restrict which skills you can realistically choose from), then there is another choice, which is to use the Legacy of Nightmares set (often abbreviated LoN), which is a pair of green rings (Litany of the Undaunted and The Wailing Host) that allow you to gain a substantial bonus for each individual legendary item you wear SO LONG AS they are so-called "ancient" (or "primal") legendaries AND you have no other set bonus active (theoretically this means you can wear one piece of a set and still not break the LoN effect, but I have not tested this). However, wear any two pieces of the same set, and the LoN bonus will go away.

The above rules apply to the other classes as well, though of course the sets (and their respective preferred skills) will of course change.

--Patrick

Season end announced! October 20th.
Next season starts November 9th.
No idea what's going to be new aside from the changes associated with the 2.6.1 patch which, among other things, WILL FINALLY END SUPPORT FOR WINXP/VISTA in case you didn't know. Personally I'm REALLY looking forward to the fix for Bloodsong Mail.

--Patrick

Season 12 will be ending Feb 11th at whatever passes for 5pm in your region's blessed time zone.
This is probably the first season since seasons started where I haven't hit level 70 within the first week of season open.
I blame Destiny 2, Overwatch, work, and having to deal with my son's shenanigans.

--Patrick

Bah. Forgot today was the last day and haven't done my seasonal stuff yet, and now there isn't enough time left.
This will be the first time I haven't at least gotten the seasonal rewards.

--Patrick

Hey @Bubble181 if you are back from your vacation, I'm more than willing to help you with getting to your stash page before season end, which has finally been officially announced to be June 3rd. I've been working on my char on the EU servers, and I've come...pretty far:

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 01.55.20.png

He's even higher than my US server char!

The offer still stands for you also, @Squidleybits . I should be able to rush you at least through the first 4 chapters (to get the seasonal rewards) in only a few days' time. It should hardly even cut into your Pokemon battles.

--Patrick

Hey @Bubble181 if you are back from your vacation, I'm more than willing to help you with getting to your stash page before season end, which has finally been officially announced to be June 3rd. I've been working on my char on the EU servers, and I've come...pretty far:

View attachment 26856

The offer still stands for you also, @Squidleybits . I should be able to rush you at least through the first 4 chapters (to get the seasonal rewards) in only a few days' time. It should hardly even cut into your Pokemon battles.

--Patrick
I can't promise when I'll be on. But I'm on my way from the airport to the parking lot now!
Coming week has several job interviews to go to and prepare for, plus some other commitments. June 3rd is nice though, I expected a week sooner.
Before I left I had been playing my seasonal wizard more than my Necro because she want really living forward very fast anymore...I'll see what I do the coming days. But thanks

View attachment 26856

--Patrick
Have the computer requirements changed at all since we last played?

Are you free tomorrow/today/Sunday sometime?

I’ll get my PC up and running later on and try to update the game and see how it goes.

Thanks so much :)

Have the computer requirements changed at all since we last played?
Reqs haven’t changed that I know of, other than no more support XP or Vista (has to be win7 or better newer now)
Are you free tomorrow/today/Sunday sometime?
I was just playing for about 3hrs until 20min after you posted. I’ll probably be on again Sun night if you can tell me when to look for you, but probably not until after 10p EDT.

—Patrick

Reqs haven’t changed that I know of, other than no more support XP or Vista (has to be win7 or better newer now)

I was just playing for about 3hrs until 20min after you posted. I’ll probably be on again Sun night if you can tell me when to look for you, but probably not until after 10p EDT.

—Patrick
So, like 11:00 pm my time? That sounds good :) I’m usually up pretty late.

I’m up especially late tonight because I feel so rough.

Is voice chat needed? I’m totally cool with it, I’d just like to know so I can be ready :)

Thanks again!!

So, like 11:00 pm my time? That sounds good :) I’m usually up pretty late.
I remember!
...You didn’t say what time zone you’re in, though. I assume you’re an hour and a half in front of me (NL), so I think that would be 9:30 my time?

Voice chat would be helpful, though more so we won’t have to waste time pausing in order to text chat. Blizzard had voice chat built right into their battle.net client now, otherwise we can always use Discord.

—Patrick

It would be 10 your time, like you said :)
Left work 1/2hr late, wife has me running a grocery mission on the way home, then dinner, then I have to help carry Cranky’s last char to the end of the current Destiny 2 expansion.

So you might not see me for an extra hour, I guess I’m saying. But don’t worry, we’ll make good time.

Also @ScytheRexx I see you there, but I always seem to catch you either AFK or in GR.

—Patrick

Last edited: