Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Staff member
And again, right now they are all set to zero. And if my work ever lets up that'll change. Stupid work getting in the way of all my fun times.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, you're going to see the Pokemon disappear briefly. They will reappear as I go through them and give them a display % that is more in line with their rarity. For example, in the game a Chansey has an 86% display rate yet they are rated as "almost mystical" in their rarity. Meanwhile, evolved Pokemon like a Blastoise (78% display rate!) and a Dragonite (1% display rate!) should be less than their base counterpart. It's like they just did random numbers between 1 & 100 to get the display rates. I probably won't 0 them out just yet. I'm going to go through the name list and get the base Pokemon first, then their evolutions. I'll probably do something like this:

• [h2]Rarity - % for base creature display rate; % display rate for 1st evolution; % display for 2nd evolution[/h2]
  • Everywhere - 100%; 50%; 25%
  • Common - 90%; 45%, 22%
  • Uncommon - 75%, 30%, 15%
  • Rare - 50%, 25%, 10%
  • Very Rare - 30%, 15%, 8%
  • Almost Mythical - 20%, 10%, 5%
  • Unrated (this includes Raid only, egg-hatching only, special item evolution, etc.) - 5%
  • Legendary - 1%
Again, this mean that yes, you are going to see a lot of Rattata's and the like. It also means that once we get all the special placements and stuff we will actively have to hunt for the rarer Pokemon and hope they show up. Oh, and if you see a rare Pokemon you can give tips on where and when you saw it.

But that's coming soon. That won't happen until I'm ready to wipe and clear away some people's babies.[DOUBLEPOST=1502386942,1502386525][/DOUBLEPOST]And looking through this list...man. There's no Pidgey, no Caterpie, no Swinub...Shit's not complete, yo.[DOUBLEPOST=1502387013][/DOUBLEPOST]Holy shit. The import didn't get them all the first time. Just did the import again and the total count went from 350 to 754 Pokemon!![DOUBLEPOST=1502387250][/DOUBLEPOST]And that's because it imported duplicates of everything. Fucking great. So there's STILL a bunch of Pokemon out there that I have to add.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Up to you, Mr. Playtester. I let it be known when I first made the thread that we'd be tweaking until satisfied and then blowing everything away and starting from scratch.

You can always get more money, man. Just keep on posting, keep on posting...[insert obligatory Dory picture here][DOUBLEPOST=1502400791,1502400343][/DOUBLEPOST]In other news, there are a LOT of fucking Pokemon! If you go to page #3 of this thread you can see I've linked the Google Sheets file I'm using to update the Pokemon and their display %. Holy shit. The example file from the dev is so messed up it's not believable. They have some on the list that are the 2nd evolution, but not the base creature or the first evolution. Some have all of them. Most don't. So I'm having to go in and fill in the blanks. Right now I'm up to 524 Pokemon. Yes, that's about 174 that I have to add...and I'm currently still working on Generation 2 creatures.

Gonna take a while to get these done. Then I have to find pictures for them (I already have a place) and then enter everything 1 by 1 into the Admin section. Although I'm seriously thinking about just doing a db import instead. I know enough about that to be dangerous, though.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, why you're trying to add all generations at once is unclear to me.
Because the list I have is littered with Pokemon from every generation and they are already numbered with primary key information. So I either add to the list and get them all (ha!) or I have a mish-mash of nonsense. Like Generation 6 Aramatisse is on the list, but the base creature Spritzee is not. And I know that we have our purists here who would point that out.

My guess is I'll get all these in and then the dev will be like, "Hey, man! I have put in the ability to evolve your Pokemon!"

And then I'd fly to Vietnam and kill him.

Dave

Staff member
And it's all a moot point. I get an error when I try and add a new Pokemon. For fuck's sake.

OH COME ON. It can NOT be this difficult to play this GAME!

See, kids? THIS is why I never got into Pokemon. Make it difficult as ####, you lose casuals like moi.

They're just so cute! I can't resist them! I have to have them all and I don't care how long it takes.

I just wish the handheld games didn't have that little counter to tell you how much time you've spent in the game.

It took me 23 balls to catch a Golduck and 1 to catch an Arceus.

shit.jpg

This is presented mostly as a joke, not harsh criticism...mostly...

Last edited:
Will you all at least come back once we wipe & start over more balanced?
Yup, once the game is more balanced, I'll be more interested. :) Right now it just feels kind of futile. I'm amazed at the people who have caught over 100+. Seems crazy to me.

I caught the majority of what I have with, there is no way to say this without it being an indictment, no balls. Then I bought 30 and caught 2.

Last edited:
You could. I don't think you can anymore. Capture chance is 0% without one now, was 5% before I believe.

Oh, hmm I thought they all got put to 0% without one.

Right now base catch % for all is 0%. If you don't have a Pokeball right now you can't catch anything. This will change as I go through them individually. So a Normal Ball right now only gives you a 5% chance, which is not much. Good thing they are cheap!

Yup, once the game is more balanced, I'll be more interested. :) Right now it just feels kind of futile. I'm amazed at the people who have caught over 100+. Seems crazy to me.
Mine were all during the "don't need poke balls to catch them" phase. All it needed was clicks and a little patience.

Okay, I broke 300, you can reset now. Still haven't actually caught one with a ball since the first couple of tries. You sure there isn't something screwy with the math on the catch percentages? Obviously we're earning pokeballs by doing something (had 4 this morning) because I haven't bought any, blew through those, and two no-ball throws later caught the shark thing.