Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Staff member
Not yet. The game is in finding them all. Right now it's easy because they all show up at the same place and at any time. When we're done tweaking, they'll be scattered and some might even be time-based.

My problem is that I haven't had much time to post on here, so I have one shot at a time to catch these things.

@Dave I want to be lazy and not track what I have or don't have. Can you ask the developer if they'd add something to the "Catch Pokemon" boxes at the top of each thread that indicates whether I've caught that pokemon before?I'm not so interested in catching the most as I am in filling out my pokedex.

Dave

Staff member
I will send him something. I certainly hope that he answers. He hasn't responded to anything since the day I installed it.

So, just a question that's semi-related: how do the credits work?
Daily activity -> +15. Ok, that makes sense.
Post -> anywhere from 5 to 10. Ok, that pakes sense.
Post - > minus what you just got. Except...I Haven't deleted a single post so far and seen this several times. Is it because I edit? Or post too fast? Or they aren't long enough?
Post Rate -> 1. Ok
Post Rate -> -1. Ok, I often misclick (stupid mobile grumble grumble tiny icons) and undo a rating....But then I don't get one when I re-rate the same post differently?

Ratatta Beedrill Weedle
Ratatta Beedrill Weedle
Ratatta Beedrill Weedle...

Over and over again on so many threads. Yawn.

Dave

Staff member
Good news, everyone! I just heard from the dev. This means that things ARE being worked on. In fact, one big issue has been fixed.

You can now use HB to buy Pokeballs. Right now, there's only 1 package you can buy and it costs 50 HB (actually it says $50, but that's only because I haven't been able to find in the system where he's hidden the "$" in the phrases).

So what are the next steps? Well, the next steps are to dramatically lower the catch rate for the Pokemon. A lot of them will be at 0% so you won't be able to catch them at ALL without a Pokeball. Some you still will, but not a lot. It'll be largely based on who or what they are, their speed, etc. These changes will be coming slowly and once done I'll let you know. I'm hoping specialized Pokeballs will be coming soon. I can't see that it would be too difficult for him to program in, but considering his level of responsiveness I'm happy to have gotten this far!

Dave

Staff member
Added and will be adding more packages, including the ability to buy Normal balls, Greatballs, Ultraballs, & Masterballs.

The prices are:

• Normal - 5 HB each
  • Great - 25 HB each
  • Ultra - 100 HB each
  • Master - 250 HB each
These prices are probably going to change as we go forward. Maybe the Masterballs aren't priced high enough and little things like that. Right now it's hard to tell over the long run if these prices are balanced or too high/low. Your thoughts are welcomed as always.

Dave

Staff member
Right now base catch % for all is 0%. If you don't have a Pokeball right now you can't catch anything. This will change as I go through them individually. So a Normal Ball right now only gives you a 5% chance, which is not much. Good thing they are cheap!

It appears it performs the check to see if you caught the pokemon before it performs the check to see if you've already caught one recently. So you might get several "Fail catch" messages then a "You have to wait x seconds" rather than seeing a "you have to wait" each time.

In other words, if you see the "you have to wait" message, you caught the pokemon, but the game made you let it go because you already caught one in the last 30 seconds.

Dave

Staff member
Well, now that I'm getting rid of the high catch rates, I think I can remove the wait message since you'll probably be paying HB for the Pokeballs anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1502220700,1502220663][/DOUBLEPOST]
How soon before all our already caught Pokemon get set free?
There's a couple more updates I want to make like special locations and appearance % changes before I'll do that.

Right now base catch % for all is 0%. If you don't have a Pokeball right now you can't catch anything. This will change as I go through them individually. So a Normal Ball right now only gives you a 5% chance, which is not much. Good thing they are cheap!
But useless. Blew through a stack of 25 and got a big fat nothing. Who is going to spend halbucks on something with a 95% failure rate?

Dave

Staff member
Changed it to 10%. And that was unintentionally savage. I didn't mean it like it sounded.

I... I'm not really liking the decreased catch rate. I was starting to wonder if I was going to catch one, let alone them all.