Export thread

Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Dave

So I bought a Pokemon catching game and was trying to stealth load it, but I had to do a re-install today that apparently screwed up and made it live for everyone. So...surprise!

I turned it off again except for a select couple of people. We're going to tweak some stuff and then throw it live again. If you were lucky enough to catch something before I turned it off, good for you!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Will our previous catches still be there when the game goes live again? I had a Latios, dammit!

Dave

Dave

Yeah. But the rate in which they spawn and the % in which they can be caught are all messed up right now. And there's only a couple types of Pokeballs.

But we'll also have the ability to make our OWN Pokemon and stuff like that.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I wondered what was going on when I saw it pop up a little while ago.

Personally, it's not something I'm remotely interested in participating in. Hopefully there's an option to turn it off so I don't see it when I visit the forums.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Sounds cool. :)

Hope it wasn't too costly. You pay enough for our little corner of the Internet already.

Dave

Dave

You can turn it off in your User Preferences.

blotsfan

blotsfan

But we'll also have the ability to make our OWN Pokemon and stuff like that.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Omg where is this?!?!

I would be happy to offer my poke-play testing services :)

Dave

Dave

Making some updates. Doing stuff. Soon.

Dave

Dave

Okay, folks, I've set up the sheet to Tweak and stuff to @Emrys and @PatrThom, but there's a lot there to go through. I had originally intended to also let them work on Pokeballs and their types, but I think they already have enough. So I'm going to ask for your help with making Pokeballs.

There are only one thing that pokeballs do, and that's to give a bonus to the catch rate.

Right now there are two types:

• Normal - +5% to the catch rate - These are gained through making new threads (+10), replying to threads (+1), and a couple other surprise ways that I won't say (because they are the most likely to be abused). ONLY Normal pokeballs can be earned through normal forum activity.
  • Master - +100% to the catch rate
For clarification, individual pokemon have a catch rate from 1% to 100%. So a Pokemon with a catch rate of 95%+ will always be caught even with a Normal pokeball.

And this leads into Packages. Soon, we will be turning back on Halbucks (as soon as I figure out how to 0 everyone's balance). With Halbucks you'll be able to purchase the better pokeballs or more normal pokeballs. For example, the only package I have right now is called "Bag o' Balls" and for 50HB you can buy 10 Normal pokeballs. These numbers are subject to change as we tweak and figure out the best way to go about it.

So why am I telling you all this? Because I need some ideas for more pokeballs. Post your pokeball idea and make sure to include an icon that is at least 120x120. Please remember that they ONLY alter the catch % and do not target specific pokemon types or anything special like that. Yet...

blotsfan

blotsfan

If you want to be a purist, the basic ones in the game are pokeball, greatball, ultraball, and masterball (in that order of effectiveness). All others target types or time or day or other stuff that I assume won't be in this game.

I'd make the greatball something like +20% and ultraball about +50%.

Dave

Dave

I've been talking with the dev and balls that affect specific types are probably coming. When is the question.

Dave

Dave

Oh, and if anyone else wants to help build the Pokemon out, I think a few more wouldn't be out of line.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ratings better affect bucks or balls, or you're going to get owl droppings all over your car.

Dave

Dave

Ratings better affect bucks or balls, or you're going to get owl droppings all over your car.
I want them to but it depends on whether the bank update works with the expanded rating system.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

• Normal - +5% to the catch rate - These are gained through making new threads (+10). . .
well, this is ths end of of our endless rant/whine/win/cuteness threads.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I could see the "make new threads" thing being heavily exploited. I'd rather not see an explosion of unnecessary new threads.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Could we use Halbucks to buy pokeballs?

mikerc

mikerc

I could see the "make new threads" thing being heavily exploited. I'd rather not see an explosion of unnecessary new threads.
Yeah, maybe require each new thread to have a minimum number of replies before you get the reward. Not that I don't think @Dave can't trust us not to abuse the system...but we can't be trusted not to abuse the system.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, maybe require each new thread to have a minimum number of replies before you get the reward. Not that I don't think @Dave can't trust us not to abuse the system...but we can't be trusted not to abuse the system.
So, a thread needs 27 replies to generate coin, huh? Watch me and Grue have 24 different very deep and interesting conversations, all lasting exactly 27 replies, at once. :awesome:

More seriously, I think you can have a perfectly valid thread that only spawns 5 or 6 replies, too.

Dave

Dave

Okay, I'm going to have to turn it on for everyone to test some functionality. Be warned that when testing is done, we will probably wipe and start fresh. So love your pokemon while you can.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712636,1501712107][/DOUBLEPOST]HalBucks are BACK, baby!

Zappit

Zappit

This sounds fun.

Edit: I'm in the top 3 for Halbucks!?! How did that happen? (Not complaining, by the way.)

Dave

Dave

It's early, man. Give it time.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712983,1501712964][/DOUBLEPOST]Double post HB testing.[DOUBLEPOST=1501713001][/DOUBLEPOST]Double posting does NOT grant additional HB.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, can do you anything besides catch them?[DOUBLEPOST=1501714005,1501713868][/DOUBLEPOST]Note: I can catch pokemon even though I'm out of pokeballs

Dave

Dave

Guess I have to radically lower their catch rate then. :rofl:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm sure some people will enjoy this, but I can't wait to turn all this off.

Dave

Dave

I'm sure some people will enjoy this, but I can't wait to turn all this off.
One click in your preferences, baby. But you're still getting HalBucks and you're going to LIKE IT![DOUBLEPOST=1501714875,1501714779][/DOUBLEPOST]God the leaderboard main page is HUUUUUGE! The dev says he's going to fix it, but damn!

Dei

Dei

Trying to catch Pokemon gets the spam warnings going pretty quickly.

Dave

Dave

Spam warnings?[DOUBLEPOST=1501716523,1501716329][/DOUBLEPOST]Set it so you have to wait 30 seconds before you can try and catch another pokemon.[DOUBLEPOST=1501716703][/DOUBLEPOST]That's interesting. You have to wait 30 seconds before a SUCCESSFUL catch. You can fail all you want but you won't get an error unless you would have been successful.

Zappit

Zappit

Will all this work on mobile?

MindDetective

MindDetective

Hmm...how does that this all work then?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Okay, I'm going to have to turn it on for everyone to test some functionality. Be warned that when testing is done, we will probably wipe and start fresh. So love your pokemon while you can.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712636,1501712107][/DOUBLEPOST]HalBucks are BACK, baby!
I assume that you will be transferring over my previous Halbucks total of 1.4 Septillion shortly?

strawman

strawman

I assume that you will be transferring over my previous Halbucks total of 1.4 Septillion shortly?
That requires a bribe of approximately ... 1.4 Septillion.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That requires a bribe of approximately ... 1.4 Septillion.
I will pay him tomorrow! Once I collect my 25 Quadrillion Halbucks in interest and hide it in an account somewhere....

strawman

strawman

The pokedex only has 20 entries even when you've caught more than 20 different types of pokemon.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Getting the spam warning still takes a pokeball away. And failed attempts still triggers a spam timer.

Dave

Dave

The pokedex only has 20 entries even when you've caught more than 20 different types of pokemon.
Hmmm. I'll have to test and send to the dev.[DOUBLEPOST=1501719414,1501719361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Getting the spam warning still takes a pokeball away. And failed attempts still triggers a spam timer.
The first one is known. The second one I don't think I've encountered. When I tested I only triggered the spam warning when it was successful.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I'm going to ask for your help with making Pokeballs.
K.

Dave said:
the only package I have right now is called "Bag o' Balls" .... Post your pokeball idea and make sure to include an icon that is at least 120x120.
No longer sure I can help you.

Also:
How did this thread make it to the second page before this jokes is being made?

Far

Far

Guess I have to radically lower their catch rate then. :rofl:
I should not have been able to catch the ones I caught , specifically the groudon and the blastoise, with a single pokeball. I dunno if each pokemon have different catch rates or if it's just the balls that do but that was much too easy for those.

Will all this work on mobile?
I had to request the desktop site on android but it does work on mobile for me now.

Krisken

Krisken

Cool. Looking forward to seeing everything available here. Interesting way to gameify the forum ;)

Far

Far

So, can do you anything besides catch them?[DOUBLEPOST=1501714005,1501713868][/DOUBLEPOST]Note: I can catch pokemon even though I'm out of pokeballs
Yeah I can still catch while being out too.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My husband can transfer some of those Halbucks to me right??

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Shouldn't the "most caught pokemon" tab be the pokemon we've caught the most instead of a duplicate page of who's caught the most?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can't even see the game. Is it because I'm on my iPad?

Dave

Dave

I can't even see the game. Is it because I'm on my iPad?
Possibly. You would normally see something at the top of this very page.[DOUBLEPOST=1501728271,1501727958][/DOUBLEPOST]There's a way that I could set it up to not allow catching without Pokeballs. I could set the default catch rate for all of them to 0%. But that means that all Pokemon would be caught at a 5% rate with a Normal ball, etc. So I don't like that. I'm going to hit up the dev to see if we can get a setting that says that a Pokeball is required. I mean, it just makes sense, right?

strawman

strawman

I don't know, maybe just set it to 3%, and make them click 33 times on average.

Simulate trying to catch one with your bare hands.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

I really appreciate you are trying something fun with this and it got spoiled, but I hope when it was gonna roll out you had some sort of opt in/out toggle the first time it started.

strawman

strawman

I really appreciate you are trying something fun with this and it got spoiled, but I hope when it was gonna roll out you had some sort of opt in/out toggle the first time it started.
Hover over your username in the upper right. When the menu appears click "Preferences". Scroll down to " Enable PokéCatch game?" and deselect. Scroll to bottom and click "Save Changes".[DOUBLEPOST=1501729710,1501729598][/DOUBLEPOST]I suppose it would be nice if the developer added a little "Disable PokeCatch" link below the pokecatch boxes so it was trivial for people to stop seeing it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It appears that once you catch a certain Pokemon, you can't catch it again. Guess who blew all his Normal Pokeballs attempting to catch multiples of certain Pokemon. :(

strawman

strawman

It appears that once you catch a certain Pokemon, you can't catch it again. Guess who blew all his Normal Pokeballs attempting to catch multiples of certain Pokemon. :(
I caught two of a few different pokemon. Are you looking at the "Pokedex", or the "Your caught pokemon" tab?

Dave

Dave

You can catch multiples of the same type. Pokedex is unique caught and "Pokémon you caught" should show them all. Well, once the paging issues are fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Possibly. You would normally see something at the top of this very page.[DOUBLEPOST=1501728271,1501727958][/DOUBLEPOST]There's a way that I could set it up to not allow catching without Pokeballs. I could set the default catch rate for all of them to 0%. But that means that all Pokemon would be caught at a 5% rate with a Normal ball, etc. So I don't like that. I'm going to hit up the dev to see if we can get a setting that says that a Pokeball is required. I mean, it just makes sense, right?
I see it now on my laptop :)

I guess my iPad wasn't up to the job! I have caught some fun ones, but Chansey was a turd and made me waste a ton of my poke balls. How can I earn more again?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Okay, the Pokedex would have the number caught, then?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Assuming I wanted to buy pokeballs with halbucks, how do I do that? The "Buy packages" link says
Halforums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Seriously @Squidleybits you caught 50 of them during my drive to work?

Dave

Dave

Assuming I wanted to buy pokeballs with halbucks, how do I do that? The "Buy packages" link says
When the packages are turned on it throws up a board error so I have them turned off for now. Once that gets fixed you'll be able to use HB to buy Pokeballs.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Seriously @Squidleybits you caught 50 of them during my drive to work?
I'm in a lot of pain and my pain meds are making me want to barf. It's an excellent distraction.

strawman

strawman

So far over 600 pokemon have been caught. The most caught pokemon is sandshrew, with 17 existing. Wheedle and Mew are next at 13 each. There are over 90 which have only been caught once.

No one has more than 3 of a specific pokemon, so people are choosing to catch only those pokemon they haven't already caught. This also means that the leaders on the leaderboard are roughly in order of how full their pokedex is, ie how many different types of pokemon they have caught. Squidleybits has caught 141 different pokemon, I've caught 50.

There are 213 different pokemon caught so far, (out of a total 802 in the nintendo universe)

This post brought to you by an overwhelming urge to procrastinate and cutting and pasting 30 pages of halforums data into excel.

Dave

Dave

There's 350 Pokemon in our database.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If Halbucks are back, can I have my stormtrooper helmet back too?

Dave

Dave

If Halbucks are back, can I have my stormtrooper helmet back too?
I don't remember that. I'm a bad Dave.

Eriol

Eriol

Still hating the spam warning.

Dave

Dave

I could remove the flood warning.[DOUBLEPOST=1501769805,1501769722][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed the flood check, but you still have to wait 60 seconds before catching the same KIND of Pokemon.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I could remove the flood warning.[DOUBLEPOST=1501769805,1501769722][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed the flood check, but you still have to wait 60 seconds before catching the same KIND of Pokemon.
Horrible idea. Just waiting for a 5 second script to completely flood the whoel forum and catch every possible Pokémon in 5 seconds, rinse, repeat.

I mean, I can now manually catch 12 Pokémon per minute. A script'll catch 300 per minute, wait, and catch them all all over again.

Dave

Dave

Okay, so flood check - good idea or bad idea? If good idea, what's a good time to have to wait before trying to catch another one?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Is anyone on here going to be so lame as to make a script to hack a meaningless game?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Is anyone on here going to be so lame as to make a script to hack a meaningless game?
YES!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I haven't written anything, just did it manually...And I've now caught 40 Pokémon in about 2 minutes.

Do you really think people won't script their way to having the biggest number? I mean, pushing buttons to make a number go up, then writing a script to push the button for you, that's prety much any hack for any game ever :p[DOUBLEPOST=1501771203,1501770634][/DOUBLEPOST]D'awww, timer's back :(

I mean, good, timer's back.

Dave

Dave

Set it for 15 seconds. I'm calling it the "Bubble Rule". ;)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Set it for 15 seconds. I'm calling it the "Bubble Rule". ;)
I think it's at 30 seconds, considering I get a "28 seconds" spam message :p

blotsfan

blotsfan

I think it's at 30 seconds, considering I get a "28 seconds" spam message :p
You get the "Double Bubble Rule."

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm going to have to admit, here at work, I can't keep up with Squidley :p

evilmike

evilmike

Has anyone been able to catch a Cornpop yet? It keeps showing up when I check for new posts, but so far has resisted capture.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have all the Cornpop I can handle. I am happy to share.

Dave

Dave

I tried to add a Pokemon called Cornpop using @evilmike 's avatar, but the system gave me an error.

Lotta bugs (no pun intended) in this for a paid app.

Eriol

Eriol

I tried to add a Pokemon called Cornpop using @evilmike 's avatar, but the system gave me an error.

Dave, FYI:
Cornpop and the masters of the universe (Halforums 5e adventure)

MindDetective

MindDetective

I don't get a message if I caught or did not catch the Pokemon after an attempt. But I apparently caught one of them! Maybe it is a blocked popup?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I've already considered it. It would be almost trivial

:oops:

strawman

strawman

I've already considered it. It would be almost trivial

:oops:
https://www.halforums.com/arcade

The skeeball score wasn't fairly won. Technically it wasn't really script, either, just a specific http get request.

Sooo... it wouldn't be the first time someone "hacked" the forum games.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, in light of the previous confession, this is the psuedo-code for what I'd do:

Open Visual studio, create a project, add the "webbrowser" control.
Add the api hooks for ajax calls, since the screen updates without a refresh. I'd need this to get the "caught/failed" messages.
Surf to Halforums, open the first thread of the first forum.
Throw pokeballs until I get the "caught" message.
wait 30 seconds (or whatever the timer is)
repeat for the remaining two pokemon on the page.
move to the next post. Each thread has it's own unique set of 3 pokemon (note my testing this theory by going down all of the Supervillainous posts this morning).
Repeat until you run out of posts (like, seriously? Would I ever run out of posts in a 24 hour period? There's a lot of history on this board).
Move to next forum.
Rinse repeat.

I could probably hack this up in less than 2 hours considering that I've done exactly this kind of thing at my job a dozen times by now.

I could do much of the same thing with the MSHTML libraries, but then I'd lose the ability to watch the screen auto-catch pokemon while it ran :)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Aha! I knew all the other Dynomite scores were fake!

Dave

Dave

Mine is not fake. If it was it'd be the top one. I've tried for YEARS to get that score and only broke 60K twice.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Mine is not fake. If it was it'd be the top one. I've tried for YEARS to get that score and only broke 60K twice.
Then you need to spend 45 min to an hour practicing each day like me :)

Dave

Dave

Then you need to spend 45 min to an hour practicing each day like me :)
You might be surprised at how often I play three games. At least a few minutes each per day.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, in light of the previous confession, this is the psuedo-code for what I'd do:

Open Visual studio, create a project, add the "webbrowser" control.
Add the api hooks for ajax calls, since the screen updates without a refresh. I'd need this to get the "caught/failed" messages.
Surf to Halforums, open the first thread of the first forum.
Throw pokeballs until I get the "caught" message.
wait 30 seconds (or whatever the timer is)
repeat for the remaining two pokemon on the page.
move to the next post. Each thread has it's own unique set of 3 pokemon (note my testing this theory by going down all of the Supervillainous posts this morning).
Repeat until you run out of posts (like, seriously? Would I ever run out of posts in a 24 hour period? There's a lot of history on this board).
Move to next forum.
Rinse repeat.

I could probably hack this up in less than 2 hours considering that I've done exactly this kind of thing at my job a dozen times by now.

I could do much of the same thing with the MSHTML libraries, but then I'd lose the ability to watch the screen auto-catch pokemon while it ran :)
FYI, you can open the "catch" link in a new tab/window, andF5-refresh that one until caught. Might be easier.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You might be surprised at how often I play three games. At least a few minutes each per day.
They can be quite relaxing, but that Devil in Slinko can fuck right off.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

FYI, you can open the "catch" link in a new tab/window, andF5-refresh that one until caught. Might be easier.
in terms of lines of code, probably not. :) The webbrowser control is really limited, and hasn't really been updated in over a decade. But for simple automation/web-scraping, it does the trick.

I first got into web automation with it in the late 90's, back when the Microsoft Document Object Model (DOM) implementation was undocumented and unspoken of.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It broadcasts our browsing history when we catch a Pokemon, So if you don't want your SO to know you've been hanging out in the House of Reprehensible Filth, better just let those Pokemon go right on by. :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It broadcasts our browsing history when we catch a Pokemon, So if you don't want your SO to know you've been hanging out in the House of Reprehensible Filth, better just let those Pokemon go right on by. :p
Screw that, I'm mining the Hall of Shame! Umbreon and Blastoise baby!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Screw that, I'm mining the Hall of Shame! Umbreon and Blastoise baby!
Yes, I noticed. Who do you think was trawling that section right behind you? ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Still getting the error message when I select "buy packages".

bhamv3

bhamv3

Could I suggest moving the catchable Pokemon to, say, the bottom of the page? When I load a subforum or a thread, the Pokemon game will load last, and ends up shifting the page downwards, which makes me miss the thing I'm trying to click on, or I click on the wrong thing. It's sort of like when we had banner ads.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Scrolled through nearly 50 pages of history before I found the first Pikachu capture. Still haven't seen one myself. :p

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It's probably a good thing that this isn't based on geo-location, I'd be seeing nothing but Pidgey, Rattata, Spinneret, and Sentret.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

It took me ages to find a Pikachu :(

evilmike

evilmike

For the record, I believe this is a more accurate picture of the Cornpop:
cornpop.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I just caught some crabs(Parasect) in the "I just had sex thread"! :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

I just caught some crabs(Parasect) in the "I just had sex thread"! :p
Part of me feels the need to point out Paras and Parasect are parasite Pokémon, not Crab. Another part figures that works just as well.

Dave

Dave

Part of me feels the need to point out Paras and Parasect are parasite Pokémon, not Crab. Another part figures that works just as well.
I can create new categories if I need to.

GasBandit

GasBandit

O noes! My visits to the Sexy Gif thread, on display for all to see :eek:

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Caught a Pikachu today!

Krisken

Krisken

I really don't post enough (or make new threads) to get enough pokeballs for this. It's fun but I'm sure I'll just trudge along with it. Also doesn't help none of my mobile devices load the game.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Now that I've got 'em, what do I do with 'em?

Dave

Dave

You don't have all of them.

Vrii

Vrii

Same question I have, though. Is there something to do with them after catching them?

Dave

Dave

Not yet. The game is in finding them all. Right now it's easy because they all show up at the same place and at any time. When we're done tweaking, they'll be scattered and some might even be time-based.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

IMG_0843.JPG
It finally happened for me!!

blotsfan

blotsfan

View attachment 25174

It finally happened for me!!
Your parasitic hobo has finally taken complete control?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm sure that's a possibility some day, but I meant finding Jigglypuff, who looks a lot like I do :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

My problem is that I haven't had much time to post on here, so I have one shot at a time to catch these things.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm sure that's a possibility some day, but I meant finding Jigglypuff, who looks a lot like I do :)
Yup, I've caught myself a Squidley too. Still looking for a Hoothoot or Noctowl, though.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The real owls are screaming right outside our window now. Freaking the cats out as we speak :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Freaking the cats out as we speak :)
Well, sure. They didn't expect the Uprising Order to actually come through anytime soon. :)

strawman

strawman

@Dave I want to be lazy and not track what I have or don't have. Can you ask the developer if they'd add something to the "Catch Pokemon" boxes at the top of each thread that indicates whether I've caught that pokemon before?I'm not so interested in catching the most as I am in filling out my pokedex.

Dave

Dave

I will send him something. I certainly hope that he answers. He hasn't responded to anything since the day I installed it.

strawman

strawman

Ouch!

Well, it's a fun little toy as it is.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I will send him something. I certainly hope that he answers. He hasn't responded to anything since the day I installed it.
That kind of support will not lend itself to *keeping* it installed.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, just a question that's semi-related: how do the credits work?
Daily activity -> +15. Ok, that makes sense.
Post -> anywhere from 5 to 10. Ok, that pakes sense.
Post - > minus what you just got. Except...I Haven't deleted a single post so far and seen this several times. Is it because I edit? Or post too fast? Or they aren't long enough?
Post Rate -> 1. Ok
Post Rate -> -1. Ok, I often misclick (stupid mobile grumble grumble tiny icons) and undo a rating....But then I don't get one when I re-rate the same post differently?

Dave

Dave

There are several ways to get credits. And I ain't saying what they are. :twisted:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just do what I always do and I've got roughly twice the HB of anyone else :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ratatta Beedrill Weedle
Ratatta Beedrill Weedle
Ratatta Beedrill Weedle...

Over and over again on so many threads. Yawn.

Dave

Dave

Just like the real game where the most common ones show up!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I just do what I always do and I've got roughly twice the HB of anyone else :p
Tracks the post count proportion pretty closely.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Yup, I've caught myself a Squidley too. Still looking for a Hoothoot or Noctowl, though.
I acquired a Hoothoot just a few minutes ago.

Dave

Dave

Good news, everyone! I just heard from the dev. This means that things ARE being worked on. In fact, one big issue has been fixed.

You can now use HB to buy Pokeballs. Right now, there's only 1 package you can buy and it costs 50 HB (actually it says $50, but that's only because I haven't been able to find in the system where he's hidden the "$" in the phrases).

So what are the next steps? Well, the next steps are to dramatically lower the catch rate for the Pokemon. A lot of them will be at 0% so you won't be able to catch them at ALL without a Pokeball. Some you still will, but not a lot. It'll be largely based on who or what they are, their speed, etc. These changes will be coming slowly and once done I'll let you know. I'm hoping specialized Pokeballs will be coming soon. I can't see that it would be too difficult for him to program in, but considering his level of responsiveness I'm happy to have gotten this far!

Dave

Dave

Added and will be adding more packages, including the ability to buy Normal balls, Greatballs, Ultraballs, & Masterballs.

The prices are:

• Normal - 5 HB each
  • Great - 25 HB each
  • Ultra - 100 HB each
  • Master - 250 HB each
These prices are probably going to change as we go forward. Maybe the Masterballs aren't priced high enough and little things like that. Right now it's hard to tell over the long run if these prices are balanced or too high/low. Your thoughts are welcomed as always.

Dave

Dave

Right now base catch % for all is 0%. If you don't have a Pokeball right now you can't catch anything. This will change as I go through them individually. So a Normal Ball right now only gives you a 5% chance, which is not much. Good thing they are cheap!

strawman

strawman

It appears it performs the check to see if you caught the pokemon before it performs the check to see if you've already caught one recently. So you might get several "Fail catch" messages then a "You have to wait x seconds" rather than seeing a "you have to wait" each time.

In other words, if you see the "you have to wait" message, you caught the pokemon, but the game made you let it go because you already caught one in the last 30 seconds.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

How soon before all our already caught Pokemon get set free?

Dave

Dave

Well, now that I'm getting rid of the high catch rates, I think I can remove the wait message since you'll probably be paying HB for the Pokeballs anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1502220700,1502220663][/DOUBLEPOST]
How soon before all our already caught Pokemon get set free?
There's a couple more updates I want to make like special locations and appearance % changes before I'll do that.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

You're going to set my babies free? Noooooo.

strawman

strawman

You're going to set my babies free? Noooooo.
I'm thinking about stuffing them all into pokeballs and smuggling them out of this pokemill.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Over to your pokemill?

strawman

strawman

Over to your pokemill?
Well, yeah... how else am I going to farm pokedust?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Right now base catch % for all is 0%. If you don't have a Pokeball right now you can't catch anything. This will change as I go through them individually. So a Normal Ball right now only gives you a 5% chance, which is not much. Good thing they are cheap!
But useless. Blew through a stack of 25 and got a big fat nothing. Who is going to spend halbucks on something with a 95% failure rate?

Dave

Dave

That's why they won't ALL be zero when I'm done. And you have HB1122. Buy some balls.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Vicious.

Dave

Dave

Changed it to 10%. And that was unintentionally savage. I didn't mean it like it sounded.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Changed it to 10%. And that was unintentionally savage. I didn't mean it like it sounded.
Unintentional ones can be the most clever.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I... I'm not really liking the decreased catch rate. I was starting to wonder if I was going to catch one, let alone them all.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I... I'm not really liking the decreased catch rate. I was starting to wonder if I was going to catch one, let alone them all.
It's not worth the HB when you already know 9 times out of 10 it's gonna be a dud.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's not worth the HB when you already know 9 times out of 10 it's gonna be a dud.
With the use of a ball, your chances improve to about 3 in 20.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

And again, right now they are all set to zero. And if my work ever lets up that'll change. Stupid work getting in the way of all my fun times.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Did you set all my babies free? I can't bear to go look.

strawman

strawman

Not yet.

Dave

Dave

I'll post before and after I do so.

Dave

Dave

Okay, you're going to see the Pokemon disappear briefly. They will reappear as I go through them and give them a display % that is more in line with their rarity. For example, in the game a Chansey has an 86% display rate yet they are rated as "almost mystical" in their rarity. Meanwhile, evolved Pokemon like a Blastoise (78% display rate!) and a Dragonite (1% display rate!) should be less than their base counterpart. It's like they just did random numbers between 1 & 100 to get the display rates. I probably won't 0 them out just yet. I'm going to go through the name list and get the base Pokemon first, then their evolutions. I'll probably do something like this:

• [h2]Rarity - % for base creature display rate; % display rate for 1st evolution; % display for 2nd evolution[/h2]
  • Everywhere - 100%; 50%; 25%
  • Common - 90%; 45%, 22%
  • Uncommon - 75%, 30%, 15%
  • Rare - 50%, 25%, 10%
  • Very Rare - 30%, 15%, 8%
  • Almost Mythical - 20%, 10%, 5%
  • Unrated (this includes Raid only, egg-hatching only, special item evolution, etc.) - 5%
  • Legendary - 1%
Again, this mean that yes, you are going to see a lot of Rattata's and the like. It also means that once we get all the special placements and stuff we will actively have to hunt for the rarer Pokemon and hope they show up. Oh, and if you see a rare Pokemon you can give tips on where and when you saw it.

But that's coming soon. That won't happen until I'm ready to wipe and clear away some people's babies.[DOUBLEPOST=1502386942,1502386525][/DOUBLEPOST]And looking through this list...man. There's no Pidgey, no Caterpie, no Swinub...Shit's not complete, yo.[DOUBLEPOST=1502387013][/DOUBLEPOST]Holy shit. The import didn't get them all the first time. Just did the import again and the total count went from 350 to 754 Pokemon!![DOUBLEPOST=1502387250][/DOUBLEPOST]And that's because it imported duplicates of everything. Fucking great. So there's STILL a bunch of Pokemon out there that I have to add.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Some people's babies??

Can I keep mine lol??

Dave

Dave

Some people's babies??

Can I keep mine lol??
Let me rephrase...

That won't happen until I'm ready to wipe and clear away some people's babies.
That won't happen until I'm ready to wipe and clear away EVERYONE'S babies.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dave = Team Rocket stealing all our Pokemon.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That won't happen until I'm ready to wipe and clear away EVERYONE'S babies.
So no point spending any HB yet...

Dave

Dave

Up to you, Mr. Playtester. I let it be known when I first made the thread that we'd be tweaking until satisfied and then blowing everything away and starting from scratch.

You can always get more money, man. Just keep on posting, keep on posting...[insert obligatory Dory picture here][DOUBLEPOST=1502400791,1502400343][/DOUBLEPOST]In other news, there are a LOT of fucking Pokemon! If you go to page #3 of this thread you can see I've linked the Google Sheets file I'm using to update the Pokemon and their display %. Holy shit. The example file from the dev is so messed up it's not believable. They have some on the list that are the 2nd evolution, but not the base creature or the first evolution. Some have all of them. Most don't. So I'm having to go in and fill in the blanks. Right now I'm up to 524 Pokemon. Yes, that's about 174 that I have to add...and I'm currently still working on Generation 2 creatures.

Gonna take a while to get these done. Then I have to find pictures for them (I already have a place) and then enter everything 1 by 1 into the Admin section. Although I'm seriously thinking about just doing a db import instead. I know enough about that to be dangerous, though.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, why you're trying to add all generations at once is unclear to me.

Dave

Dave

Yeah, why you're trying to add all generations at once is unclear to me.
Because the list I have is littered with Pokemon from every generation and they are already numbered with primary key information. So I either add to the list and get them all (ha!) or I have a mish-mash of nonsense. Like Generation 6 Aramatisse is on the list, but the base creature Spritzee is not. And I know that we have our purists here who would point that out.

My guess is I'll get all these in and then the dev will be like, "Hey, man! I have put in the ability to evolve your Pokemon!"

And then I'd fly to Vietnam and kill him.

Dave

Dave

And it's all a moot point. I get an error when I try and add a new Pokemon. For fuck's sake.

jwhouk

jwhouk

OH COME ON. It can NOT be this difficult to play this GAME!

See, kids? THIS is why I never got into Pokemon. Make it difficult as ####, you lose casuals like moi.

Dave

Dave

See? This is why I didn't want to put it live until it was ready. Y'all are crazy.

Vrii

Vrii

OH COME ON. It can NOT be this difficult to play this GAME!

See, kids? THIS is why I never got into Pokemon. Make it difficult as ####, you lose casuals like moi.
You didn't play pokemon because it was too hard...?

strawman

strawman

Y'all are crazy.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

They're just so cute! I can't resist them! I have to have them all and I don't care how long it takes.

I just wish the handheld games didn't have that little counter to tell you how much time you've spent in the game.

Far

Far

It took me 23 balls to catch a Golduck and 1 to catch an Arceus.

shit.jpg

This is presented mostly as a joke, not harsh criticism...mostly...

PatrThom

PatrThom

It took me 23 balls to catch a Golduck and 1 to catch an Arceus.
Random!

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, throwing a dozen pokeballs at something is less fun than I thought. Ah well.

Dave

Dave

Will you all at least come back once we wipe & start over more balanced?

Krisken

Krisken

Will you all at least come back once we wipe & start over more balanced?
Yup, once the game is more balanced, I'll be more interested. :) Right now it just feels kind of futile. I'm amazed at the people who have caught over 100+. Seems crazy to me.

Far

Far

I caught the majority of what I have with, there is no way to say this without it being an indictment, no balls. Then I bought 30 and caught 2.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Same. Even without balls, I just keep trying until I catch it.

Krisken

Krisken

Wait, you could catch without pokeballs. Ok, now I know what I was doing wrong.

Far

Far

You could. I don't think you can anymore. Capture chance is 0% without one now, was 5% before I believe.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yep, just caught a Sharpedo without a ball.

Far

Far

Oh, hmm I thought they all got put to 0% without one.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A 5% chance means you have to roll a natural 20 if you want to catch a Pokemon with a normal ball.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Yup, once the game is more balanced, I'll be more interested. :) Right now it just feels kind of futile. I'm amazed at the people who have caught over 100+. Seems crazy to me.
Mine were all during the "don't need poke balls to catch them" phase. All it needed was clicks and a little patience.

Dave

Dave

Oh, hmm I thought they all got put to 0% without one.
10% without one.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Okay, I broke 300, you can reset now. Still haven't actually caught one with a ball since the first couple of tries. You sure there isn't something screwy with the math on the catch percentages? Obviously we're earning pokeballs by doing something (had 4 this morning) because I haven't bought any, blew through those, and two no-ball throws later caught the shark thing.

Far

Far

10% without one.
Ah ok. I thought you were saying it was 10% with just a standard ball. My mistake.

phil

phil

Screenshot_2017-08-14-16-09-29.png

What is this, Pokemon go?

Bam!

Dave

Dave

:rofl:

I haven't even changed the display percentages yet because I can't add new Pokemon. I guess the system just knows what's a-comin'!

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Random"

--Patrick

Eriol

Eriol

Any way to turn this off entirely for myself? My #1 biggest pet peeve with browsers/websites is when it's "mostly loaded" and I'm about to click something, and it jumps down because something above loaded. Drives me batty, and now it's happening here!

If I can either move it to the bottom of the page, or just ditch it entirely (I'm done!) that'd be great. I don't care if others are playing, but I don't want it affecting me anymore.

strawman

strawman

Any way to turn this off entirely for myself? My #1 biggest pet peeve with browsers/websites is when it's "mostly loaded" and I'm about to click something, and it jumps down because something above loaded. Drives me batty, and now it's happening here!

If I can either move it to the bottom of the page, or just ditch it entirely (I'm done!) that'd be great. I don't care if others are playing, but I don't want it affecting me anymore.
Hover over your username in the upper right. When the menu appears click "Preferences". Scroll down to " Enable PokéCatch game?" and deselect. Scroll to bottom and click "Save Changes".

Far

Far

I would just like to express my disappointment that you've not named any of the packages a Ball Sack.

Dave

Dave

The dev got back to me today and now I can create new Pokemon. Finally. So I guess this week I get to do a bunch of work to get the stuff ready.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Can't wait to catch a Penitaur! :p

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I do not want one of those!!

Terrik

Terrik

I dont even know where to find what Pokemon I've already caught.

Dave

Dave

ANd that's what I'm talking to the dev about now. The Pokedex only shows the last 20 caught, which is just silly.

Terrik

Terrik

ANd that's what I'm talking to the dev about now. The Pokedex only shows the last 20 caught, which is just silly.
How do I see the pokedex?

Bubble181

Bubble181

How do I see the pokedex?
There's a submenu labeled "your Pokédex" under the Leaderboard header.

Dave

Dave

If you check it now it should show them all.

Dave

Dave

Damn, there are a LOT of Uncategorized Pokemon! Like, a whole bunch.

Dave

Dave

Man, there are so many Unrated Pokemon that I'm going to randomize them when I'm finished. So some that are currently unable to be caught in any actual Pokemon game might end up being very common here. Because Unrated gets a 10-5-2% appearance, which means a very great number would almost never show up.

Dei

Dei

We need a Terriksaurus. For reals. It must have Terrik's head, and tiny arms holding a grenade launcher.

Dave

Dave

We need a Terriksaurus. For reals. It must have Terrik's head, and tiny arms holding a grenade launcher.
Make me an icon and I'll see it done. It'll be rare and will only show up in certain places.

figmentPez

figmentPez

New Pokemon you say?

source

more

Dave

Dave

Get those to me individually (the pictures are in groups of 4) and I'll add them.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Get those to me individually (the pictures are in groups of 4) and I'll add them.
Anyone want to volunteer? I suck at image editing. I think I can do it, but it'll take me a while to get it right.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Done.

aboot.png

bobndug.png

dubbledubble.png

hozer.png

loonie.png

moople.png

newfie.png

poutiny.png

poutitan.png

pux.png

toonie.png

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

IMG_0925.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1503386813,1503386783][/DOUBLEPOST]Who wouldn't want to catch this guy?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Turning Snuffles into a Pokemon turns this into an unfair game...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Whoa, dramatic increase in pokes!

Dave

Dave

What can I say? I'm working it. I've got the display rates and catch % updated and will be doing a wipe soon.

In fact, let me make this the announcement post.

Attached you will find a Pokemon checklist. It lists in alphabetical order the names of the Pokemon we currently have as well as their rarity. And rarity matters. The more rare a Pokemon the harder they are to spot and harder they are to catch. Legendary Pokemon, for example, only show 1% of the time and have a catch rate of 0%. A Pokemon marked as Everywhere as the base Pokemon will show 100% and can be caught at 65+% so if you have no Pokeballs, you can catch ones that can be seen Everywhere. Evolutions of the Everywhere Pokemon are harder to spot and catch.

The rarities in order are:
  • Everywhere
  • Common
  • Uncommon
  • Rare
  • Very Rare
  • Almost Mythical
  • Legendary
If you're going for a rare or harder Pokemon and especially if they are evolved, you better grab your balls!

There are currently 403 Pokemon and I'll be adding 396 more probably slowly since I have to do them all by hand. Note that ALL Pokemon are able to be found anywhere with only a few exceptions that I won't mention at this point.

Good luck and good hunting!

Now I have to figure out how to zero the game...[DOUBLEPOST=1503459106,1503458846][/DOUBLEPOST]How many are you seeing per page?

Attachments

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'm seeing 5 per page, but when a page loads I'll sometimes catch a quick glimpse of dozens of Pokemon before it settles on 5.

Dave

Dave

I'm seeing the same thing. Damn. Wonder why it started doing that.

Let me see if I can fix this in the DB. I have copied all the tables so if I fuck something up it'll be easy to fix.

Far

Far

It was showing me 5 earlier, now I'm only seeing 1 per page.

Edit: wait no, now 5 again.

Dave

Dave

Fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1503460011,1503459971][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was showing me 5 earlier, now I'm only seeing one per page.

Edit: wait no, now 5 again.
Yeah, I set it at 1 and it was still showing 5. So I fixed the DB and reset them to 5. Yay me!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Also, it looks like the rarities of our forum version of the game won't match the handheld games at all. Yveltal and Terrakion (both unique legendaries in the handheld games) are listed as common, for example. Nothing wrong with that, of course, there's nothing that says we have to follow how the handheld games did things.

PatrThom

PatrThom

5?

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Should be much more balanced now and everyone should be able to catch common Pokemon even if they don't have balls. And if they want to hunt the really rares they better have a few Masterballs lying around!

Remember, Pokemon only stay on a page for 5 minutes before scrambling for cover...[DOUBLEPOST=1503460299,1503460168][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, it looks like the rarities of our forum version of the game won't match the handheld games at all. Yveltal and Terrakion (both unique legendaries in the handheld games) are listed as common, for example. Nothing wrong with that, of course, there's nothing that says we have to follow how the handheld games did things.
The reason for that is there were HUNDREDS of "uncatchable" Pokemon that could only be gotten through trading, hatching eggs, or unique events. So I set up an Excel sheet and had it randomize rarity. Hence the checklist. It took me 3 days of solid work to get them where they are now. And I have almost 400 to add individually...

Dave

Dave

Holy shit! I just found (and caught with a Masterball) a Legendary! Might still be there if you hurry. Check my history.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Curse my cell phone for not letting me see which legendary!![DOUBLEPOST=1503467900,1503467828][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooh nevermind, congrats on your Celesteela!

Dave

Dave

Actually the legendary is called Magearna. Celesteela in our game is only Rare.

A post on page #6 has a checklist with our rarities.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Magearna is also awesome!!

Dave

Dave

Damn, @Officer_Charon! Slow night last night around 2 am?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm holding off on catching any more Pokémon here until the game restarts.

I have many Pokémon games on the go lol.

And to think my husband said that I didn't game anymore which was why I didn't need a PC any longer.

Dave

Dave

It already did. Check your Pokedex.

Dei

Dei

It didn't reset the leaderboard though.

Dave

Dave

Nope. I left that to show who's been active throughout the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1503512508,1503512473][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I think clearing it would have messed something else up.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Sneaky! I had no idea.

Ok. Alpha Sapphire is on hold for a bit and here I go.....Halforums OCD-catching here I come.[DOUBLEPOST=1503517705,1503517174][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I buy Pokeballs again?

And how do I switch between types of balls when trying to catch them?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Looks like the delay after a catch has been turned off. :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Shhhhh...

Dave

Dave

You buy balls by either earning them (by posting & stuff) or you can buy packages. Click the dropdown by Leaderboard and choose "Buy Package". When you go to catch a Pokemon, you choose which ball you use. For most common Pokemon, a Normal Ball will do, but for the rarer types you might want to step up your ball game.[DOUBLEPOST=1503522704,1503522605][/DOUBLEPOST]Remember to check out page #6 for my past that has the checklist of Pokemon. It lists their rarity so it'll give you an idea of how often you should see them and how hard they are to catch.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

One day I will win the lottery and buy that big set of them!![DOUBLEPOST=1503524980,1503524939][/DOUBLEPOST]Only $31,000 and change to go!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

One day I will win the lottery and buy that big set of them!![DOUBLEPOST=1503524980,1503524939][/DOUBLEPOST]Only $31,000 and change to go!
I will buy them for you when @Dave finally gets around to restoring my previously earned Halbucks.

Dave

Dave

They were Zimbabwean Halbucks. Practically worthless!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Zimbabwean Halbucks
Ping @Cheesy1. :D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

They were Zimbabwean Halbucks. Practically worthless!
What's the conversion rate?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have to catch them all! My partial collection of Pokemon are lonely for the rest of their brothers and sisters.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Also, @Dave, it's currently possible to catch the same Pokémon over and over again. I don't mean from two different pages, I mean from the same page. I just caught the same Smeargle on this page four times.
I don't think that's intended behaviour ;)

Dave

Dave

Also, @Dave, it's currently possible to catch the same Pokémon over and over again. I don't mean from two different pages, I mean from the same page. I just caught the same Smeargle on this page four times.

I don't think that's intended behaviour ;)
I took out the flood protection. Catch as many of the same as you want.

Dave

Dave

Well shit. Apparently Magearna is not Legendary. She's an Everywhere. So she's not special at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1503584592,1503584513][/DOUBLEPOST]And did you guys notice you can name your Pokemon and set one as a buddy?

General Specific

General Specific

My pokedex is only showing me 2, but leaderboard says I have 23

Dave

Dave

Your leaderboard is showing ALL you've caught since I loaded the game. Your Pokedex only shows since the reboot.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

@Dave Magearna, is a legendary in the games. I got her as a special gift in Sun and Moon. Many of the legendary Pokémon are only given out that way.

I saw her a lot yesterday when I went on my Poke-rampage. She was easiermto catch than some of the random commons.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yup, the rarity here and in actual Pokémon doesn't really correspond at all :p I already caught an "Almost Mythical" here, if the list on p6 is correct! (Spoink)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Spoink is a doink!

Dave

Dave

It's weird that Magearna isn't Legendary here. I copied all of the Legendary Pokemon separately and then classified them individually. I guess I missed her so she got randomed with the rest of them.

So in the Pokemon world she's a Legend. Here? Common as dirt.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Spoink is a doink!
Watch out or I'm changing my buddy to a Jigglypuff named Squidley :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, just caught a Dartrix. Didn't even know this guy existed, I thought Hoothoot/Noctowl was it for owl-based Pokémon. Now I don't know who to choose for a buddy anymore :(

Dei

Dei

There are *a lot* of actual Legendaries that are super easy to catch. I have a feeling most of the ones that are randomized are actually legendary.

Far

Far

I wasn't gonna say anything but I've been catching legendaries on the first or second try without a ball and been having a much harder time with basic pokemon.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I wasn't gonna say anything but I've been catching legendaries on the first or second try without a ball and been having a much harder time with basic pokemon.
Dude! Shhhhhh!

Snitches get stitches, end up in ditches.

Dave

Dave

Pokemon Legendaries or OUR Legendaries?

Our Legendaries have a 1% appear rate and a 0% catch rate. Without a ball you'll get NOTHING! And you'll like it.

Again,Page #6 for the checklist with rarities.

Far

Far

Pokemon Legendaries or OUR Legendaries?

Our Legendaries have a 1% appear rate and a 0% catch rate. Without a ball you'll get NOTHING! And you'll like it.

Again,Page #6 for the checklist with rarities.
Ah ok sorry this makes more sense now. I thought your list was just appearance rate not catch rate for some reason. I don't get some of the rarites being where they are at but that's just my own rigidity.

Dave

Dave

Let me give you a better breakdown of how often Pokemon appear and how easily they can be caught.

Rarity:
Display % (Base, 1st evolution, 2nd evolution)​
Catch % Range​
Everywhere:
Display: 100%/50%/25%​
Catch: Base - 67-99%, 1st - 33-49%, 2nd - 16-23%​
Common:
Display: 90%/45%/22%​
Catch: Base - 59-89%, 1st - 29-44%, 2nd - 15-20%​
Uncommon:
Display: 75%/30%/15%​
Catch: Base - 50-74%, 1st - 19-28%, 2nd - 10-14%​

Rare:
Display: 50%/25%/10%​
Catch: Base - 33-49%, 1st - 16-24%, 2nd - 6-9%​

Very Rare:
Display: 30%/15%/8%​
Catch: Base - 19-29%, 1st - 9-14%, 2nd - 5-7%​

Almost Mythical:
Display: 20%/10%/5%​
Catch: Base - 13-19%, 1st - 6-9%, 2nd - 3-4%​

Legendary:
Display: 1%​
Catch: 0%​
Please note that the evolutions DO follow normal Pokemon rules but I don't have all of the iterations in the system. So it's possible for there to be a 1st evolution but no base or 2nd evolution creature. These are a part of the additional 400 Pokemon I have to add by hand...

bhamv3

bhamv3

I have decided that there are few things as satisfying as five clicks, five catches.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I have decided that there are few things as satisfying as five clicks, five catches.
How about the first one misses, but then you catch the next seven in a row?

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Come on Squidley, I need something to aim for or it's not worth catching 'm the whole time :p

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

@Dave, are you interested in any pokemon type discrepancies I might have noticed?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dear GOD woman, you already have a thousand-point lead in Pokemon catching!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Only a hundred on me

Krisken

Krisken

Ah, Halforums. The only way I was ever going to get a Zapdos!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I only have one-tenth of her score, I believe...

(checks)

Okay, maybe a little more than that, but still...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I only have one-tenth of her score, I believe...

(checks)

Okay, maybe a little more than that, but still...
She has 17,28 more than me. :eek:

PatrThom

PatrThom

I had no idea there were so many.
Also I haven't been keeping track.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I meant Pokemon that are listed as a type they aren't.

I wasn't talking about catching rates.

Dave

Dave

WHat Pokemon are listed as a type they aren't supposed to be? I have spreadsheets and I went through them by hand!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Wait we can see their types?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wait we can see their types?
When you go to catch them, yes.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

When you go to catch them, yes.

--Patrick
Huh, never paid attention to that.

Also, while I'm here, right now there's no ranking for unique Pokemon caught, right? The leaderboard only shows total Pokemon? Finding new Pokemon to catch is only good for our own Pokedexes?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

WHat Pokemon are listed as a type they aren't supposed to be? I have spreadsheets and I went through them by hand!
Vulpix is listed as Ice. The one pictured is the original red one that's a fire type. Still super cute!

Dave

Dave

Hmmmm. I'll have to check that out. Probably one of the ones that came with the game. I didn't bet those.

Dave

Dave

Huh, never paid attention to that.

Also, while I'm here, right now there's no ranking for unique Pokemon caught, right? The leaderboard only shows total Pokemon? Finding new Pokemon to catch is only good for our own Pokedexes?
Your Pokedex shows uniques caught.

Krisken

Krisken

If I get 400 Magikarps, do I get a chance at a Gyrados? :D

bhamv3

bhamv3

Just saw a Jirachi show up in the Minor Rant thread. According to the file, it's Legendary. :)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And it's already too late to get it...

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Boo :(

I love that little guy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I know Dave said that all the Pokemon (except for the Canadian ones) are from the game, but something must have gone wrong.

Screenshot-2017-10-4 Movie News Miscellany.png

First off, that doesn't look anything like an iPhone....

Dave

Dave

Has anyone even SEEN the Canadian ones I added? I'm thinking of upping their availability just to see if the damned things are showing!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I've never seen one of them and I will admit to spending some time trying to catch all of them here :)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Never seen any Canadian ones.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Nor I.

Dave

Dave

I changed Moople to 100% display rate, which makes him an Everywhere. If he doesn't show up now it's an issue with the software not showing anything past the initial Pokemon.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'll have a look!

PatrThom

PatrThom

See, the trouble is I keep getting Bidoof and thinking that's one of the Canadian ones.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

Since I don't think I'll manage to catch all of them, I've decided to only catch the cute Pokemon:

Screenshot-2017-10-8 Only Catching the Cute Pokemon.png

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Did I miss Moople?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Oooh. I caught a Zapdos here and on my DS. Happy Day!

Dave

Dave

Has anyone seen a Moople?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

No.

Dave

Dave

That's it. All the Canadian Pokemon are going to be 100% visible. If one doesn't show up by this weekend, I'm contacting the dev.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't think so.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

All Canadian Pokemon have now been set to a 100% display rate.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I've been on the hunt and nothing yet. I'll look again in the morning :)

Dave

Dave

I have seen nothing, either.

Dave

Dave

MOOPLE IN THE COOL CORGI THREAD!!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ok getting a bit much now...

pokes.png

Dave

Dave

Well I did set them kinda high. I'll dial them back now that I know they are showing.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

No!!

I turned my laptop off before you activated them. Because I wanted to hunt Pokemon on my DS instead lol.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No!!

I turned my laptop off before you activated them. Because I wanted to hunt Pokemon on my DS instead lol.
There're still some around. I haven't found them all, yet, either, though.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Got my first, a poorly cropped Poutiny.

--Patrick

fade

fade

My biggest problem with this game is that it loads right when I click something, so I end up clicking another thing.

I tried to find the phone "thing-other thing" gif, but my google-fu failed me.

Dave

Dave

Got my first, a poorly cropped Poutiny.

--Patrick
Yeah, I need to scale these down. Sue me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah, I need to scale these down. Sue me.
I ain't got that kinda money to be throwin' torts all willy-nilly!

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm seeing a Bidoof - does that count?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I hate Bidoof.[DOUBLEPOST=1507747352,1507747282][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realized that we can make one of our caught Pokemon part of our profile. How cute is that??

Bubble181

Bubble181

I hate Bidoof.[DOUBLEPOST=1507747352,1507747282][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realized that we can make one of our caught Pokemon part of our profile. How cute is that??
Really? I had it set to a Jigglypuff named Squidley for a bit, until I caught a hoothoot :p

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Aww :)

I have a Quagsire. I thought he looked so cute waving like that. I got a stuffed one over the weekend. The kids think he looks creepy, but they’re wrong. Maybe they’re the creepy looking ones?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Aww :)

I have a Quagsire. I thought he looked so cute waving like that. I got a stuffed one over the weekend. The kids think he looks creepy, but they’re wrong. Maybe they’re the creepy looking ones?
Probably best to get rid of them, just in case.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Probably best to get rid of them, just in case.
I don't think he means the Pokemón.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Oh I know.

They are so loud today. I always have a migraine to some extent, but today it’s just evil even with my meds and it doesn’t seem to matter how often I tell them this, they insist on screaming everything they need to say to me even when I’m sitting right next to them.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The Canadian pokes seem to have an unusually high spawn rate now.

Emrys

Emrys

The Canadian pokes seem to have an unusually high spawn rate now.
I read that as "sperm rate" and wondered what the hell kinda game y'all were playing.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I read that as "sperm rate" and wondered what the hell kinda game y'all were playing.
Well I mean... technically that could be true... we don't really know how Pokemon reproduction works, specifically.

Dei

Dei

Well I mean... technically that could be true... we don't really know how Pokemon reproduction works, specifically.
Look, they go to play, and then an egg magically appears because of their intense friendship.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Exactly! The better friends they are, the faster it happens.

No funny business here.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I've found a Bob 'n Doug and a Loonie now. Are they all still at 100%?[DOUBLEPOST=1507864816,1507864658][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind, they clearly are.

Dave

Dave

Nope. Moved them back to 50%.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Don't recall seeing any of them :(

bhamv3

bhamv3

Every time I go on the General subforum I see the same 5 Canadian pokes. (Loonie, Bobndug, Aboot, Pux, and Dubbledubble)

Every time I go to the Media Madness subforum I see 5 other Canadians. (Aboot, Hozer, Loonie, Bobndug, and Moople)

Does this happen to anyone else?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That may be why I hadn't seen them until now. I've been going to just new post threads, and not the subforums.

Bubble181

Bubble181

That may be why I hadn't seen them until now. I've been going to just new post threads, and not the subforums.

Yes, subfora and threads are , byt design or not, different lists of Pokémon with different rarity.
That said, @Dave, since the last change not only the Pokécanadians, but also Bulbasaur and Swadloon are all over the place.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Every time I go on the General subforum I see the same 5 Canadian pokes. (Loonie, Bobndug, Aboot, Pux, and Dubbledubble)

Every time I go to the Media Madness subforum I see 5 other Canadians. (Aboot, Hozer, Loonie, Bobndug, and Moople)

Does this happen to anyone else?
Now that I know to check the subforms themselves, I see it. Nothing but Canadamon in every single one.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Now that I know to check the subforms themselves, I see it. Nothing but Canadamon in every single one.
And yet I still don't have all of them :(

Dave

Dave

Weird. They are only supposed to stay around for 5 minutes. I love the concept of what this does, but the dev is just not on top of things.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Is Pugtato one of the Canadian Pokemon?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Minor issue: Pokemon set as my buddy on my profile page will be automatically un-buddied after a couple of days. I have no idea what triggers this phenomenon, or whether it's a bug or not.

Bubble181

Bubble181

So how's everyone doing so far? I mean ,we can see number of Pokémon caught, but I'm curious about the pokedex :) I' m now at 370 different Pokémon caught.

PatrThom

PatrThom

How do you even tell your unique total?
Without spreadsheeting it yourself, that is.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

How do you even tell your unique total?
Without spreadsheeting it yourself, that is.

--Patrick
You go to the Pokedex page and, err, count. There's 4 to a line, and counting lines doesn't quite amount to spreadsheeting, does it? :p

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So how's everyone doing so far? I mean ,we can see number of Pokémon caught, but I'm curious about the pokedex :) I' m now at 370 different Pokémon caught.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You go to the Pokedex page and, err, count. There's 4 to a line, and counting lines doesn't quite amount to spreadsheeting, does it? :p
I thought that page did duplicates.
I'm up to 281, then.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm at 311, and my total Pokemon caught is 314. I've been trying very hard not to catch duplicates, and I have no idea which ones I've caught multiple times besides a Golurk.

drifter

drifter

Do you even need to count? My Pokédex page tells me how many different ones I've caught, and how many I've seen.

I'm at 279, not including ones I have candy for but have yet to evolve.

-edit-

Oh, this is the forum Pokémon game thread. Whoops!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

376 is the count from the pokedex page.

Krisken

Krisken

Why does the Leaderboard and the Most Caught have different numbers?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why does the Leaderboard and the Most Caught have different numbers?
One keeps tabs sinds the game was installed, the other since Dave reset everything.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I kinda lost interest since we don't seem to be doing anything else with them yet.

Krisken

Krisken

One keeps tabs sinds the game was installed, the other since Dave reset everything.
Ah, got it.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I kinda lost interest since we don't seem to be doing anything else with them yet.
Same here. I disabled the add-on when I was in 2nd place overall because I just lost interest in collecting them.

Dave

Dave

:(

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I haven’t disabled them because they’re so cute!

I still catch the, sometimes when I see a super cute one, but I’m not sure what to do with all my virtual babies.