Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Staff member
:rofl:

I haven't even changed the display percentages yet because I can't add new Pokemon. I guess the system just knows what's a-comin'!

Any way to turn this off entirely for myself? My #1 biggest pet peeve with browsers/websites is when it's "mostly loaded" and I'm about to click something, and it jumps down because something above loaded. Drives me batty, and now it's happening here!

If I can either move it to the bottom of the page, or just ditch it entirely (I'm done!) that'd be great. I don't care if others are playing, but I don't want it affecting me anymore.

Any way to turn this off entirely for myself? My #1 biggest pet peeve with browsers/websites is when it's "mostly loaded" and I'm about to click something, and it jumps down because something above loaded. Drives me batty, and now it's happening here!

If I can either move it to the bottom of the page, or just ditch it entirely (I'm done!) that'd be great. I don't care if others are playing, but I don't want it affecting me anymore.
Hover over your username in the upper right. When the menu appears click "Preferences". Scroll down to " Enable PokéCatch game?" and deselect. Scroll to bottom and click "Save Changes".

I would just like to express my disappointment that you've not named any of the packages a Ball Sack.

Dave

Staff member
The dev got back to me today and now I can create new Pokemon. Finally. So I guess this week I get to do a bunch of work to get the stuff ready.

Dave

Staff member
ANd that's what I'm talking to the dev about now. The Pokedex only shows the last 20 caught, which is just silly.

Dave

Staff member
Man, there are so many Unrated Pokemon that I'm going to randomize them when I'm finished. So some that are currently unable to be caught in any actual Pokemon game might end up being very common here. Because Unrated gets a 10-5-2% appearance, which means a very great number would almost never show up.

We need a Terriksaurus. For reals. It must have Terrik's head, and tiny arms holding a grenade launcher.

Dave

Staff member
We need a Terriksaurus. For reals. It must have Terrik's head, and tiny arms holding a grenade launcher.
Make me an icon and I'll see it done. It'll be rare and will only show up in certain places.

Dave

Staff member
What can I say? I'm working it. I've got the display rates and catch % updated and will be doing a wipe soon.

In fact, let me make this the announcement post.

Attached you will find a Pokemon checklist. It lists in alphabetical order the names of the Pokemon we currently have as well as their rarity. And rarity matters. The more rare a Pokemon the harder they are to spot and harder they are to catch. Legendary Pokemon, for example, only show 1% of the time and have a catch rate of 0%. A Pokemon marked as Everywhere as the base Pokemon will show 100% and can be caught at 65+% so if you have no Pokeballs, you can catch ones that can be seen Everywhere. Evolutions of the Everywhere Pokemon are harder to spot and catch.

The rarities in order are:
  • Everywhere
  • Common
  • Uncommon
  • Rare
  • Very Rare
  • Almost Mythical
  • Legendary
If you're going for a rare or harder Pokemon and especially if they are evolved, you better grab your balls!

There are currently 403 Pokemon and I'll be adding 396 more probably slowly since I have to do them all by hand. Note that ALL Pokemon are able to be found anywhere with only a few exceptions that I won't mention at this point.

Good luck and good hunting!

Now I have to figure out how to zero the game...[DOUBLEPOST=1503459106,1503458846][/DOUBLEPOST]How many are you seeing per page?

Attachments

I'm seeing 5 per page, but when a page loads I'll sometimes catch a quick glimpse of dozens of Pokemon before it settles on 5.

Dave

Staff member
I'm seeing the same thing. Damn. Wonder why it started doing that.

Let me see if I can fix this in the DB. I have copied all the tables so if I fuck something up it'll be easy to fix.

Dave

Staff member
Fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1503460011,1503459971][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was showing me 5 earlier, now I'm only seeing one per page.

Edit: wait no, now 5 again.
Yeah, I set it at 1 and it was still showing 5. So I fixed the DB and reset them to 5. Yay me!

Reactions: Far
Also, it looks like the rarities of our forum version of the game won't match the handheld games at all. Yveltal and Terrakion (both unique legendaries in the handheld games) are listed as common, for example. Nothing wrong with that, of course, there's nothing that says we have to follow how the handheld games did things.

Dave

Staff member
Should be much more balanced now and everyone should be able to catch common Pokemon even if they don't have balls. And if they want to hunt the really rares they better have a few Masterballs lying around!

Remember, Pokemon only stay on a page for 5 minutes before scrambling for cover...[DOUBLEPOST=1503460299,1503460168][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, it looks like the rarities of our forum version of the game won't match the handheld games at all. Yveltal and Terrakion (both unique legendaries in the handheld games) are listed as common, for example. Nothing wrong with that, of course, there's nothing that says we have to follow how the handheld games did things.
The reason for that is there were HUNDREDS of "uncatchable" Pokemon that could only be gotten through trading, hatching eggs, or unique events. So I set up an Excel sheet and had it randomize rarity. Hence the checklist. It took me 3 days of solid work to get them where they are now. And I have almost 400 to add individually...