Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Staff member
So I bought a Pokemon catching game and was trying to stealth load it, but I had to do a re-install today that apparently screwed up and made it live for everyone. So...surprise!

I turned it off again except for a select couple of people. We're going to tweak some stuff and then throw it live again. If you were lucky enough to catch something before I turned it off, good for you!

Dave

Staff member
Yeah. But the rate in which they spawn and the % in which they can be caught are all messed up right now. And there's only a couple types of Pokeballs.

But we'll also have the ability to make our OWN Pokemon and stuff like that.

I wondered what was going on when I saw it pop up a little while ago.

Personally, it's not something I'm remotely interested in participating in. Hopefully there's an option to turn it off so I don't see it when I visit the forums.

Sounds cool. :)

Hope it wasn't too costly. You pay enough for our little corner of the Internet already.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, folks, I've set up the sheet to Tweak and stuff to @Emrys and @PatrThom, but there's a lot there to go through. I had originally intended to also let them work on Pokeballs and their types, but I think they already have enough. So I'm going to ask for your help with making Pokeballs.

There are only one thing that pokeballs do, and that's to give a bonus to the catch rate.

Right now there are two types:

• Normal - +5% to the catch rate - These are gained through making new threads (+10), replying to threads (+1), and a couple other surprise ways that I won't say (because they are the most likely to be abused). ONLY Normal pokeballs can be earned through normal forum activity.
  • Master - +100% to the catch rate
For clarification, individual pokemon have a catch rate from 1% to 100%. So a Pokemon with a catch rate of 95%+ will always be caught even with a Normal pokeball.

And this leads into Packages. Soon, we will be turning back on Halbucks (as soon as I figure out how to 0 everyone's balance). With Halbucks you'll be able to purchase the better pokeballs or more normal pokeballs. For example, the only package I have right now is called "Bag o' Balls" and for 50HB you can buy 10 Normal pokeballs. These numbers are subject to change as we tweak and figure out the best way to go about it.

So why am I telling you all this? Because I need some ideas for more pokeballs. Post your pokeball idea and make sure to include an icon that is at least 120x120. Please remember that they ONLY alter the catch % and do not target specific pokemon types or anything special like that. Yet...

If you want to be a purist, the basic ones in the game are pokeball, greatball, ultraball, and masterball (in that order of effectiveness). All others target types or time or day or other stuff that I assume won't be in this game.

I'd make the greatball something like +20% and ultraball about +50%.

Dave

Staff member
I've been talking with the dev and balls that affect specific types are probably coming. When is the question.

Dave

Staff member
Oh, and if anyone else wants to help build the Pokemon out, I think a few more wouldn't be out of line.

I could see the "make new threads" thing being heavily exploited. I'd rather not see an explosion of unnecessary new threads.

I could see the "make new threads" thing being heavily exploited. I'd rather not see an explosion of unnecessary new threads.
Yeah, maybe require each new thread to have a minimum number of replies before you get the reward. Not that I don't think @Dave can't trust us not to abuse the system...but we can't be trusted not to abuse the system.

Yeah, maybe require each new thread to have a minimum number of replies before you get the reward. Not that I don't think @Dave can't trust us not to abuse the system...but we can't be trusted not to abuse the system.
So, a thread needs 27 replies to generate coin, huh? Watch me and Grue have 24 different very deep and interesting conversations, all lasting exactly 27 replies, at once. :awesome:

More seriously, I think you can have a perfectly valid thread that only spawns 5 or 6 replies, too.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, I'm going to have to turn it on for everyone to test some functionality. Be warned that when testing is done, we will probably wipe and start fresh. So love your pokemon while you can.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712636,1501712107][/DOUBLEPOST]HalBucks are BACK, baby!

Zappit

Staff member
This sounds fun.

Edit: I'm in the top 3 for Halbucks!?! How did that happen? (Not complaining, by the way.)

Dave

Staff member
It's early, man. Give it time.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712983,1501712964][/DOUBLEPOST]Double post HB testing.[DOUBLEPOST=1501713001][/DOUBLEPOST]Double posting does NOT grant additional HB.

So, can do you anything besides catch them?[DOUBLEPOST=1501714005,1501713868][/DOUBLEPOST]Note: I can catch pokemon even though I'm out of pokeballs

Dave

Staff member
I'm sure some people will enjoy this, but I can't wait to turn all this off.
One click in your preferences, baby. But you're still getting HalBucks and you're going to LIKE IT![DOUBLEPOST=1501714875,1501714779][/DOUBLEPOST]God the leaderboard main page is HUUUUUGE! The dev says he's going to fix it, but damn!

Dave

Staff member
Spam warnings?[DOUBLEPOST=1501716523,1501716329][/DOUBLEPOST]Set it so you have to wait 30 seconds before you can try and catch another pokemon.[DOUBLEPOST=1501716703][/DOUBLEPOST]That's interesting. You have to wait 30 seconds before a SUCCESSFUL catch. You can fail all you want but you won't get an error unless you would have been successful.

Okay, I'm going to have to turn it on for everyone to test some functionality. Be warned that when testing is done, we will probably wipe and start fresh. So love your pokemon while you can.[DOUBLEPOST=1501712636,1501712107][/DOUBLEPOST]HalBucks are BACK, baby!
I assume that you will be transferring over my previous Halbucks total of 1.4 Septillion shortly?