Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Curse my cell phone for not letting me see which legendary!![DOUBLEPOST=1503467900,1503467828][/DOUBLEPOST]Ooh nevermind, congrats on your Celesteela!

Dave

Staff member
Actually the legendary is called Magearna. Celesteela in our game is only Rare.

A post on page #6 has a checklist with our rarities.

I'm holding off on catching any more Pokémon here until the game restarts.

I have many Pokémon games on the go lol.

And to think my husband said that I didn't game anymore which was why I didn't need a PC any longer.

Dave

Staff member
Nope. I left that to show who's been active throughout the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1503512508,1503512473][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I think clearing it would have messed something else up.

It already did. Check your Pokedex.
Sneaky! I had no idea.

Ok. Alpha Sapphire is on hold for a bit and here I go.....Halforums OCD-catching here I come.[DOUBLEPOST=1503517705,1503517174][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I buy Pokeballs again?

And how do I switch between types of balls when trying to catch them?

Dave

Staff member
You buy balls by either earning them (by posting & stuff) or you can buy packages. Click the dropdown by Leaderboard and choose "Buy Package". When you go to catch a Pokemon, you choose which ball you use. For most common Pokemon, a Normal Ball will do, but for the rarer types you might want to step up your ball game.[DOUBLEPOST=1503522704,1503522605][/DOUBLEPOST]Remember to check out page #6 for my past that has the checklist of Pokemon. It lists their rarity so it'll give you an idea of how often you should see them and how hard they are to catch.

One day I will win the lottery and buy that big set of them!![DOUBLEPOST=1503524980,1503524939][/DOUBLEPOST]Only $31,000 and change to go!

Also, @Dave, it's currently possible to catch the same Pokémon over and over again. I don't mean from two different pages, I mean from the same page. I just caught the same Smeargle on this page four times.
I don't think that's intended behaviour ;)

Dave

Staff member
Also, @Dave, it's currently possible to catch the same Pokémon over and over again. I don't mean from two different pages, I mean from the same page. I just caught the same Smeargle on this page four times.

I don't think that's intended behaviour ;)
I took out the flood protection. Catch as many of the same as you want.

Dave

Staff member
Well shit. Apparently Magearna is not Legendary. She's an Everywhere. So she's not special at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1503584592,1503584513][/DOUBLEPOST]And did you guys notice you can name your Pokemon and set one as a buddy?

Dave

Staff member
Your leaderboard is showing ALL you've caught since I loaded the game. Your Pokedex only shows since the reboot.

@Dave Magearna, is a legendary in the games. I got her as a special gift in Sun and Moon. Many of the legendary Pokémon are only given out that way.

I saw her a lot yesterday when I went on my Poke-rampage. She was easiermto catch than some of the random commons.

Yup, the rarity here and in actual Pokémon doesn't really correspond at all :p I already caught an "Almost Mythical" here, if the list on p6 is correct! (Spoink)

Dave

Staff member
It's weird that Magearna isn't Legendary here. I copied all of the Legendary Pokemon separately and then classified them individually. I guess I missed her so she got randomed with the rest of them.

So in the Pokemon world she's a Legend. Here? Common as dirt.

Well, just caught a Dartrix. Didn't even know this guy existed, I thought Hoothoot/Noctowl was it for owl-based Pokémon. Now I don't know who to choose for a buddy anymore :(

There are *a lot* of actual Legendaries that are super easy to catch. I have a feeling most of the ones that are randomized are actually legendary.

I wasn't gonna say anything but I've been catching legendaries on the first or second try without a ball and been having a much harder time with basic pokemon.

Dave

Staff member
I wasn't gonna say anything but I've been catching legendaries on the first or second try without a ball and been having a much harder time with basic pokemon.
Pokemon Legendaries or OUR Legendaries?

Our Legendaries have a 1% appear rate and a 0% catch rate. Without a ball you'll get NOTHING! And you'll like it.

Again,Page #6 for the checklist with rarities.

Pokemon Legendaries or OUR Legendaries?

Our Legendaries have a 1% appear rate and a 0% catch rate. Without a ball you'll get NOTHING! And you'll like it.

Again,Page #6 for the checklist with rarities.
Ah ok sorry this makes more sense now. I thought your list was just appearance rate not catch rate for some reason. I don't get some of the rarites being where they are at but that's just my own rigidity.

Dave

Staff member
Let me give you a better breakdown of how often Pokemon appear and how easily they can be caught.

Rarity:
Display % (Base, 1st evolution, 2nd evolution)​
Catch % Range​
Everywhere:
Display: 100%/50%/25%​
Catch: Base - 67-99%, 1st - 33-49%, 2nd - 16-23%​
Common:
Display: 90%/45%/22%​
Catch: Base - 59-89%, 1st - 29-44%, 2nd - 15-20%​
Uncommon:
Display: 75%/30%/15%​
Catch: Base - 50-74%, 1st - 19-28%, 2nd - 10-14%​

Rare:
Display: 50%/25%/10%​
Catch: Base - 33-49%, 1st - 16-24%, 2nd - 6-9%​

Very Rare:
Display: 30%/15%/8%​
Catch: Base - 19-29%, 1st - 9-14%, 2nd - 5-7%​

Almost Mythical:
Display: 20%/10%/5%​
Catch: Base - 13-19%, 1st - 6-9%, 2nd - 3-4%​

Legendary:
Display: 1%​
Catch: 0%​
Please note that the evolutions DO follow normal Pokemon rules but I don't have all of the iterations in the system. So it's possible for there to be a 1st evolution but no base or 2nd evolution creature. These are a part of the additional 400 Pokemon I have to add by hand...