Your Favourite Halforums Moment(s)

I'll have you know I'm the 5th worst forum admin @JCM has ever seen. Or was it the 3rd worst?
Cmon, we had Straub, Larsen, and Kurtz, and the Stalin kid who ran the Ctrl-Alt-Del, gamespot, damn, I did spend too much time in forums back in my previous job.[DOUBLEPOST=1485406489,1485405985][/DOUBLEPOST]I kinda don't remember much from those years due to drinking and weird Brazilian parties, but a moment I remember until today was a rant I did on why Islam's "religion of peace > will never have peace while there are unbelievers > so all unbelievers will eventually have to be subjugated or converted > don't you see we fight because we are a religion of peace" was one of the worst misuses of a Catch 22 in history, to which I had some poster post that I, being white and Latino, knew nothing about Islam.

Quick scan of my Malaysian ID and passport, that still state that I am a Muslim, and a link to my Islamic school certificate, and I never heard from the guy again, and I remember it because that was the last time I actually used those, as my Brazilian passport means I'll need to face long lines and visa interviews to travel anywhere, a Malaysian one post 9/11 would mean profiling and possible cavity searches.

Ame! I feel like it's been forever. It's lovely to see you.

Also:

Aw, whatever happened to Silver Jelly.
@tegid is RL buddies with him, I imagine he would know.
I do! He's just caught up in RL I guess. Went through a rough patch, and is trying to finish his Ph.D. thesis now.

By the way, my 'favorite' moments or the ones I really remember and I will always carry with me are the two times the things that happened here really made me cry. One was very happy* and the other was very sad.

*well, I guess happy is not the right word. But you know what I mean.
[DOUBLEPOST=1485474285,1485474250][/DOUBLEPOST]Aaand I'm crying

I think my favorite moments have been the Secret Santa gift exchanges. It still makes me smile that people who only know each other on the internet can take the time to think of a nice gift, buy it, and ship it to a person they have never met.
One of the secret santa gift exchanges is one of my favorites. I bought someone on here some shirts from Threadless or some site, one of which was two unicorns having sex. I forget who that was. I got clothes for my kid and a 40k unit from someone, again the name I forget because I'm shitty and haven't been around in ages.

I'm sure as I read through this thread, I will remember more, especially from the PVP forum days. You guys are good fucking people.[DOUBLEPOST=1485821759,1485821685][/DOUBLEPOST]
Icarus. Holy crap. And the funny thing is that everyone was ignoring it until I pointed it out. Then he cursed at us and told us we were horrible people, then never returned.

And poor Iaculus. He left because people kept mixing him up with the pedo.
Holy shit! I remember this. When you spelled Iaculus, I had to double check because I thought you were talking about the same person. Man, we screwed the latter of those a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1485822082][/DOUBLEPOST]Was it ThatNickGuy and the blonde that a lot of people had the hots for that got together and made dickerdoodles? That's made it into forum inside jokes that I make outside of the forum and people find pretty funny. I then admit that I didn't come up with it and credit "two crazy people that post on a forum I used to frequent...before the dark times...before reddit".

Was it ThatNickGuy and the blonde that a lot of people had the hots for that got together and made dickerdoodles? That's made it into forum inside jokes that I make outside of the forum and people find pretty funny. I then admit that I didn't come up with it and credit "two crazy people that post on a forum I used to frequent...before the dark times...before reddit".
I believe that was El Juski.

EDIT: D'oh! Dave beat me to it.

One of the secret santa gift exchanges is one of my favorites. I bought someone on here some shirts from Threadless or some site, one of which was two unicorns having sex. I forget who that was. I got clothes for my kid and a 40k unit from someone, again the name I forget because I'm shitty and haven't been around in ages.

I'm sure as I read through this thread, I will remember more, especially from the PVP forum days. You guys are good fucking people.[DOUBLEPOST=1485821759,1485821685][/DOUBLEPOST]

Holy shit! I remember this. When you spelled Iaculus, I had to double check because I thought you were talking about the same person. Man, we screwed the latter of those a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1485822082][/DOUBLEPOST]Was it ThatNickGuy and the blonde that a lot of people had the hots for that got together and made dickerdoodles? That's made it into forum inside jokes that I make outside of the forum and people find pretty funny. I then admit that I didn't come up with it and credit "two crazy people that post on a forum I used to frequent...before the dark times...before reddit".

Wait wasn't there some weird issue with the dickerdoodles? Like didn't someone (I think it was Mav) start making weird stalkerish moves on Droll?

Reactions: JCM
Wait wasn't there some weird issue with the dickerdoodles? Like didn't someone (I think it was Mav) start making weird stalkerish moves on Droll?
I remember the pictures being taken down after someone said something creepy, but my memory is ailin'.

Dave

Staff member
I think that's accurate, but I can't say it was Mav. But it was someone who skeeved her out.

Man, I was at the same school studying in the same department at the same time as How_Droll. I probably walked past her several times and just never noticed. I probably should've been more sociable with online friends.

fade

Staff member
Man, I was at the same school studying in the same department at the same time as How_Droll. I probably walked past her several times and just never noticed. I probably should've been more sociable with online friends.
I had the same thing with CajunGal. It's not a huge town, so I imagine I walked past her at least once.

GasBandit

Staff member
And my ex from Toronto, MadeYaBlush, who pops in every December for the HF Secret Santa.

(She got married recently, too. Life seems to be treating her well. I'm happy for her. :) )
Well, yeah, I was only really posting people who'd been active in the last month or so. I mean, if we wanna go back longer, there's also Amy and Cajungal and Dill and Dreamgoddess and and whatshername that was Charlie's match made in heaven....