Your Favourite Halforums Moment(s)

So, am I the only one that thinks if Belle fell in love with the beast, that she wouldn't be all that attracted to the pretty boy prince that was underneath? Like, what's the polite way to say "Don't break the curse, I really dig the fur..."

And then you have to explain to the mansion staff how they're stuck as furniture because that's just how you roll.

And then you have to explain to the mansion staff how they're stuck as furniture because that's just how you roll.
It's a good thing this guy was the prince of a castle, and not, like, the owner of a sex toys shop.
...aaaaand now someone's gonna make that as a movie, aren't they.

--Patrick

So, am I the only one that thinks if Belle fell in love with the beast, that she wouldn't be all that attracted to the pretty boy prince that was underneath? Like, what's the polite way to say "Don't break the curse, I really dig the fur..."

It's supposed to be all about the person on the inside, not how they look, dingus.

To me it was the D&D Nights, some of the key moments still live with me.

The fail train with Rathkor.
Fabio the Horse
Waking up from the Dream World (after where Halforum characters murdered each other)

Zappit

Staff member
For me, it was before I changed my screen name - and the reason I changed my screen name. A quote-unquote webcomics critic decided to viciously libel me because I stood up for my collective-mates. He was apparently notorious for it, but had quite the fixation on me. He had my real name, too, and his bizarre rankings became the top Google results for my name. Since I was trying to find a job at the time...yeah...

Then you magnificent bastards went and made a counter-blog and started loading it up with positive stories about me, and tried to overwhelm the nasty shit.

And, of course, you all took it too far, practically into Paul Bunyan tall-tale territory, and took the blog down. You guys have no idea how much that meant at the time, though, and I'll never forget it.

Lot of great (and poignant, and sad) moments on the list. I'd have to say one of my, not favorite per se, but more memorable moments was when Makare attempted to argue (as a law student) that because of the 1st amendment right to free speech, she - and anyone else - could say whatever they wanted on Halforums with zero consequence and if Dave banned any of them, it was because he was a tyrannical dictator.

But mostly I just love having a community of people who, for one reason or another, all care about each other to one extent or another, where I can come in and rant about my day, or get some tech advice, or learn how to build crazy singing pumpkins, or just give someone a metaphorical hug if they're having a bad day.

Lot of great (and poignant, and sad) moments on the list. I'd have to say one of my, not favorite per se, but more memorable moments was when Makare attempted to argue (as a law student) that because of the 1st amendment right to free speech, she - and anyone else - could say whatever they wanted on Halforums with zero consequence and if Dave banned any of them, it was because he was a tyrannical dictator.

But mostly I just love having a community of people who, for one reason or another, all care about each other to one extent or another, where I can come in and rant about my day, or get some tech advice, or learn how to build crazy singing pumpkins, or just give someone a metaphorical hug if they're having a bad day.

WE DON'T SPEAK ITS NAME!!

Dave

Staff member
I liked her as well, but as a lawyer she had some...interesting views on the law that could not have been correct. And she hated my digs about South Dakota as much as Mikko hated digs about sauna pants.