Your Favourite Halforums Moment(s)

I think I created a thread like this before, but it was a long, long time ago. So let's do another! What are some of your most memorable or favourite Halforums moments?

Mine include:

1) The thread where I panicked because people kept following me.
2) The wonderful forum-wide eulogy for North_Ranger.
3) Bumble trolling me in the first Make This Face Challenge.
4) Any time @Cheesy1 does a photoshop (especially the time he photoshopped me with Beaker's head)
5) The time we sang The Muppets Theme song, one line at a time. Amazingly, no one broke the chain. Really, that whole thread was gold, like @Dave's growing frustrating that he couldn't find Kermit in the Green with Envy poster.
6) All the times you guys have put up with me when my mental health is rock bottom.
7) @Adam posting reaction gifs. I miss those.
8) SIMILIES?! (even if that gag ran its course)
9) Making @Zero Esc do my bidding.

Last edited:
The 12 inches thread.

Necronic making a thread to call out Officer Charon, Charon not seeing it until nine months later, and Necronic's gem of a reply: "Police response times on this forum are terrible."

Dave

Staff member
Not sure if it was this iteration (pretty sure it wasn't), but one of my all time favorites was the great Campaign where people ran for office and they actually had party platforms and shit! It was pretty amazing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not sure if it was this iteration (pretty sure it wasn't), but one of my all time favorites was the great Campaign where people ran for office and they actually had party platforms and shit! It was pretty amazing.
I once got elected Halforums' most eligible bachelor merely by grousing about how demeaning a "most eligible bachelor" contest was.

But at any rate, my most favorite Halforums thing was from waaay back in the day - Pre-Joe Image comics PVP forum - the "Americanization of the UK" thread that Tiq started. It went over 100 pages in only a couple weeks and it just wouldn't die. It had everything. Gun control, health care, capital punishment, and of course, flames and flames and flames galore. It was probably part of what led to the "monthly wipe" policy.

But also you guys were there for me when I was at my lowest, and I'd been nothing but an obstreperous jerk up until that point. It really helped, and it really changed a lot of who I am.

Oh, that reminds me of the thread when Shego turned us all into zombies. And we all had zombie avatars for like a week or two. That was fun.

I think my favorite moment is that time I made @GasBandit's head explode, also that time I made that really painful pun.
Bumble trolling your make-a-face ranks way up there for me, too.

--Patrick

I think my favorite moment is that time I made @GasBandit's head explode, also that time I made that really painful pun.
Bumble trolling your make-a-face ranks way up there for me, too.

--Patrick
It was like a masterclass in trolling. The first one was good, but the second one was pure gold.

I keep thinking of doing another Make This Face challenge, but they don't seem to go over well. I searched for the other ones and I got pretty upset in the third one for some reason. I must've been having a particularly bad day.

But at any rate, my most favorite Halforums thing was from waaay back in the day - Pre-Joe Image comics PVP forum - the "Americanization of the UK" thread that Tiq started. It went over 100 pages in only a couple weeks and it just wouldn't die. It had everything. Gun control, health care, capital punishment, and of course, flames and flames and flames galore. It was probably part of what led to the "monthly wipe" policy.
That sounds familiar...I think that may have been one of the first threads I lurked-read. (Not the whole thing, but i think I read the latter half.)

I think that kind of insanity kept me coming back. Whenever I needed some entertainment, I knew things were guaranteed to be :popcorn: in a few threads.

Dave

Staff member
The contest where Calleja lost his mind at nothing being west of Acapulco. (It was west - it was also very far north...)

Personally, I have to go with posting the joke. You know which one I mean: "A man is driving through the desert..."

Also, gotta second the North Ranger Eulogy thread.

That one time someone made a reasonable, interesting argument, people with a different opinion made polite, constructive arguments, everybody learned a few new things, and for some inexplicable reason, suddenly an intelligent thread was about Minotaur Penis steak alien abductions eevees lesbian kinks Frosty Susan life as a burrowing owl in -20° weather redheads Dave's age the actual topic at hand.

That one time someone made a reasonable, interesting argument, people with a different opinion made polite, constructive arguments, everybody learned a few new things, and for some inexplicable reason, suddenly an intelligent thread was about Minotaur Penis steak alien abductions eevees lesbian kinks Frosty Susan life as a burrowing owl in -20° weather redheads Dave's age the actual topic at hand.
Now you're just making stuff up!

Oh, and reading through the Hall of Shame I noticed there was some sort of Troll of the Year contest going one that I was jokingly trying to win.

And then, from long ago, I was participating in a global warming thread when someone posted some silly graph of ice age conditions in defense of his argument. I read it, thought, "this is stupid, none of us really know what the fuck we're talking about." And ever since, I have stopped wanting to talk argue politics

I think I created a thread like this before, but it was a long, long time ago. So let's do another! What are some of your most memorable or favourite Halforums moments?

Mine include:

1) The thread where I panicked because people kept following me.
2) The wonderful forum-wide eulogy for North_Ranger.
3) Bumble trolling me in the first Make This Face Challenge.
4) Any time @Cheesy1 does a photoshop (especially the time he photoshopped me with Beaker's head)
5) The time we sang The Muppets Theme song, one line at a time. Amazingly, no one broke the chain. Really, that whole thread was gold, like @Dave's growing frustrating that he couldn't find Kermit in the Green with Envy poster.
6) All the times you guys have put up with me when my mental health is rock bottom.
7) @Adam posting reaction gifs. I miss those.
8) SIMILIES?! (even if that gag ran its course)
9) Making @Zero Esc do my bidding.
adamsmirk2.gif

Hoon. Pooty.

The Christmasing and Chad's thread stand for me as the highest points of Halforums, on the serious side. On the funny side, I LOVED the Truth or Dare thread, and the Halforums Academy threads were epic win.

Last edited:
Most profound are definitely the Christmasing, mass eulogy, and finding out Chad was OK. Each of which made me cry.

Most fun are the various fourmite game plays - the sims houses and Gas' academy - and following the secret santa thread each year.