[Movies] Green With Envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from seeing The Muppets. This is undoubtedly a true Muppet movie, capturing the classic spirit of the characters and the original show and movies well.

Loved the hell out of this movie. Now have a special version of Forget You in my head and may be singing it in the mall. The way it was sung in the movie...

I just got back from it. I was giggling through the whole thing with pure, child-like glee. They captured The Muppets perfectly, including the story structure of the movies (yet managing to do their own thing even with winks and references).

There was even one point I was openly weeping, right when...oop, hang on. Lemme spoiler tag this..

When the curtains opened and Kermit started strumming "Rainbow Connection" on his banjo.

Seriously, I say this with every genuine bit of my heart (which, for those of you that know me by now, is all of my heart)...GO. SEE. THIS. MOVIE. If you had any doubts about it, clear them. If you have high expectations, keep them. If, for some crazy reason, you had no plans on seeing it...GO. SEE IT. Please.

I'm going to see it again this weekend while I'm in New Brunswick visiting friends and family.

I can't praise it enough. It lives up to and surpasses all my expectations. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much during a movie in theatres, or had this positive a theatre experience either. And any time I wasn't laughing out loud, I just had the biggest grin on my face.
There were a few parts where I was close to tearing up a bit, most notably the spoiler that Nick already posted.
I'm probably going to see it again in theatres. There are very few movies I've paid for theatre tickets twice to see, but I would happily pay to see this again.

But yes, the jist of it is this: GO SEE THE MOVIE.

Fun fact: During the chicken version of "Forget You", I kept doing the head swivel dance (see .gif below). There was a little kid behind me that kept giggling I think more at me than the movie.

A very manly muppet.

Also:
Jim Parsons as Walter's 'human form' made the entire theatre laugh, which was awesome.

A very fun move, I appreciated the transperency of the fourth wall.

The two big things that had me in tears were Rainbow Connection and
when Kermit walks out of the theater after they fail, and the street is clogged with people cheering.
Also, Sweetums chasing the car and crying "NOT AGAIN!" made me laugh so hard.

The two big things that had me in tears were...
when Kermit walks out of the theater after they fail, and the street is clogged with people cheering.
I think the film must have been dirty or something where I saw it, the picture was kind of misty during that scene.

Yeah, my theatre had a lot of misty picture moment. What a shoddy movie. It even happened earlier in the movie, during the entirety of Kermit singing "Pictures in my Head".

Ow....my gut. I just broke. Seriously, I've been laughing very heartily for the last two minutes at that pic. Oh god. I can't stop! :D
Yeah, this is going on Facebook.
Added at: 22:17
Yep, I'm officially broken. I must be overtired from the day because I can't stop giggling.

Look, Cheesy, you're just being silly now. I'm perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong with meep.
Meep? Meep! MEEP! MeepmeepmeepmeepmeepMEEP!
Added at: 22:41
Also, I just want to say: with how the whole thread started, to Dave's sudden realizations about the poster, to the EPIC song marathon and now this? This thread damn well deserves a place in the HF Hall of Fame at some point.

Your FACE is a honeydew.
Added at: 23:01
(Also, I am le tired...and turning into a muppet. I've got a lot on my mind, okay!? Yeesh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.