XenForo Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
That happens to me with Krisken's thread, and FLP's 7 Billion thread. I assumed the OP's deleted the thread after posting, and got left over as some weird artifact. I'm using Chrome (8.0.552.224). Just checked with Firefox (3.6.13), and I had no problems.

Dave

Staff member
So there's something definitely going on. But pinning this one down might be interesting. Let me start combing through logs...

Huh. When I checked before with Firefox and was able to view the thread, I wasn't logged in. I just logged in with Firefox, and was bounced to the Forums page.

-edit-
Same deal with Chrome; once I logged out, I was able to view the thread.

Dave

Staff member
I'm looking into a bug report that might be the same thing. I just need to figure out where to apply the fix if one is presented.

It might have to do with the fact that the entire first post is a link.

Do image tags not work behind spoilers? Made a post in the Minecraft thread, and the pics aren't showing, but the pics show up in the 'edit post' box.

-edit-
Never mind, Dave. Apparently, changing the text in the spoiler fixes the issue.

Dave

Staff member
That'll be a moot point after the upgrade today.

In addition, the spoiler tags are an addon as they are not native to XF. So even if they were broken, XF would not help fix them.

XF Darkness
Added at: 14:01
I'll prolly find the motivation to find where it borked the colors without asking to, in the theme settings.

In the Flexile Dark- Red theme everything is all farked up. It is writing black in the text spot, the colors indicating which threads are new changed from red to black and the unchanged from light red to gray, and the search bar now covers up the Alerts and other stuff on the right hand side.

Someone is borking the themes up.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out it is Jay's "improvement".

Ok, I can't see what I'm writing. Cock shit fuck..

I switched to Zenforce so I didn't have to see the shitty changes being made to the other theme I was using.

Dave

Staff member
Beta 6 worked great...but all of the Styles were affected as it changed some stuff in the core css.

I'm going to have to lock some down until they fix them.

figmentPez

Staff member
The post formatting toolbar is broken in the DXF and XenForce styles. Most of the icons are missing, though the buttons seem to still be there.

I posted on their forums because I don't see why the fuck the text is black. It seems they updated code and unless you know EXACTLY where they changed shit, you're going to be looking for awhile and I'd like not to think till the weekend. :)
Added at: 23:36
Also the collapse categories is totLLY BORKED TOO.

Not only that, but I can't see the bold/italic/other options available. Some one should get a kick in the crotch for fracking this up.

Yes, typing is hell. I highlight what I wrote to see if I fucked up. I also can't use italics, bold, or other options since I can't see the boxes.

Dave

Staff member
Due to broken badness I'm going to disable all styles but default and Jay's. They will come back but only after the style authors fix them for Beta 6.

Dave

Staff member
I thought Jay was fixing that!
Added at: 11:36
I'm looking into it. I am on a mission!!

It would be easier to fix if the fucken retards of Xenforo answered my question properly with an example. I shouldn't be playing around with template css file codes randomly to find the solution to problem to THEIR software. And why the fuck isn't this in the gui interface for easier manipulation? I said this before and I'll say it again, Xenforo is very beta.

Dave

Staff member
T
It would be easier to fix if the fucken retards of Xenforo answered my question properly with an example. I shouldn't be playing around with template css file codes randomly to find the solution to problem to THEIR software. And why the fuck isn't this in the gui interface for easier manipulation? I said this before and I'll say it again, Xenforo is very beta.
Can you point me to the thread where you asked?

Aaaaaaauuurrrgghhh!!!

Ok, now the XenForce is all white and the new/old post indicators have changed.

Frak this. Someone PM me when the damn things stop changing. It's like all the features I like aren't allowed to work together. I'll wait till the themes aren't dramatically altered to pick one I can use.

Dave

Staff member
Laugh all you want, but it's still better than what I've put up with with vB.
Added at: 12:21
XF Darkness text fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.