XenForo Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a bug, but I noticed when using the Game On skin, page numbers for threads are nigh on illegible. Same for stats under your avatar in XFStop and XFStopFluid

-edit-

By the way, is there currently a way to change user titles?

-edit again-

Also, something kinda funky going on with avatar sizes.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah. Sorry. Right now I can't do too much due to rebuilding the search index. It's why the site is crawling a bit, too.

Dave

Staff member
The reason things are getting fixed so fast is because she's here. She wasn't going to be available on the 3rd.

A couple of things I noticed pretty quickly. This is all with the DARK THEME, Game On so I don't know if this affects other people in other profiles (though you could setup a normal test user to test these things out)

- Posts seem to be cropped in half. For example, if the posts above I see :

Dave, 1 minute ago Report #6 Like Reply

But like halfway into the post with a huge empty chunk in the middle instead of being cropped at the bottom.

- The forums seem to have forgotten to remember how to keep forum categories preferences again. For example, I don't want to see the Archives I press the collapse button. Next refresh, it's open again. What did we do to fix this last time?

- The mouseover to see the pages on threads as already requested is a great idea... furthermore on this theme, I cannot see beyond a red box what actual page it is. The rest is too dark or the text too subtle. A change would be good there as well.

Dave

Staff member
Game on needs work, huh? When we're finished rebuilding the search caches I'll work on each individual style.

Some forums do not allow me to go to the latest post directly. If I go to the subforum first and then access the thread, it works fine. So far this has occurred in the Ask Dave and Jay subforum and the Knights of Caerbannog subforum. the Games subforum was unaffected, as was this one, but I haven't tried others yet.

I got nothing but a white page. Perhaps the default template. I went back to Game On so my eyes don't bleed.

You may want to test with a "temp account", on say another browser on your system. The template is not on my list still.

I see it now and I like the blue better than the red. However this theme one thing the red had... wide screen support. Which is really important! The forums are too skinny now and I have 6 inches on each side that isn't being used for anything.

I also still have that issue where

Amorous Eyes, 3 minutes ago Report #16 Like Reply

Is still in the middle of the post instead of the bottom if the post is a bit too short! :)

example.JPGexample2.JPG

Here you go. I highlighted the issues for you.

1 - Sides are too small on main menu. Causes cropping issues in circles. Also "fellowships" are in black text, which doesn't allow you to read their names. I also CANNOT collapse any categories at ALL with this skin. I'm doomed to see the archives! :)

2 - Red is Game on and Blue is XenForce. One is edge to edge (wide) and the other is half page (too thin), if any options are available, an inbetween would be awesome. Both have the same issue where if the post is short, it crops the LIKE data (in green circles) in the middle of the post.

I remove people sigs and use the latest version of Firefox. In that print screen I run with no mods and I'm currently gonna check out how it runs with IEXPLODE.

The thing where it moves the "like / reply" stuff higher is "working as intended". Because you have signatures disabled you are more likely to run into that with one word replies.
That's a shame. I already worked without signatures because our rules for them were far too lax (too big, too many, too annoying) but removing them was a simple solution in the past. With this new forum if it were to be working as intended, it's clearly inferior. So the choice I'll have would be to either allow annoying sigs or deal with the broken cropping.

Both dark styles look terrible IMO and should be replaced with something better rather than trying to fix 'm.
I can see the logic of that. Though I clearly appreciate the effort to put a dark theme right away so that our eyes aren't being raped by a sea of whiteness. :)

Let us know when you get to that on the TO DO list. :)

Dave

Staff member
If you are talking multi-quoting, it's a known thing that may or may not be fixed in the system. XF apparently doesn't like big quote trees.

Out of curiosity, how are messages counted? Mine says I have about 2,000, but last I recall I had somewhat more than 700. Just wondering if the stats are borked.

Dave

Staff member
I did extensive testing before I ported everything over. This testing included several imports of vB information. What I did NOT notice when calling the tests a success was that it totally messed up the post counts/trophy points/etc.

I'm gonna be turning them off in a bit until I get them fixed.

I went to the Secret Santa thread, jumping to the end as it normally does. I then realized I wanted to read the page before, so clicked on page 5. I read through that page and then clicked the back button. The page errored with something like this

Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/library/simpleaudiovideoembeder/ViewPublic/simpleaudiovideoembeder.php on line 40
I returned again (page forward) and scrolled to the top, where I clicked on "next page", where I received the error message again (I assume it is the same. The one above is the one I copied). Then I refreshed the page and all was normal.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah and I zeroed them all out and am trying to find a way to get them to recalculate correctly. So far no go. When we find a way I'll blow them away again and recalc.

Ah, ok. Thanks Dave. I seem to recall I had roughly 4k on the old board before moving here. (I had just knocked Espy out of the top 10 posters).

Dave

Staff member
Ah, ok. Thanks Dave. I seem to recall I had roughly 4k on the old board before moving here. (I had just knocked Espy out of the top 10 posters).
I had to zero them out because I did extensive testing on the import and didn't realize that it added them together each time. So 4K went to 8K went to 12K....

Youtube videos won't always load for me. Not sure if there's a common denominator, but sometimes it's a screenshot of the video plus a play button, and sometimes it's just a white rectangle.

EDIT: Oh, and for what it's worth, Chrome for OSX 10.6 with adblock.

Sometimes when I click on a thread, I just get kicked back out to the main forum page. Krisken's "4 Arizona Republicans" thread is the latest example. I can't read it at all, I just get sent back out to the front page for the forum.

Dave

Staff member
Sometimes when I click on a thread, I just get kicked back out to the main forum page. Krisken's "4 Arizona Republicans" thread is the latest example. I can't read it at all, I just get sent back out to the front page for the forum.
Weird. I just clicked on that and read it. How often does this happen? What browser you using (so I can test)?

That happened to me the other day for a thread in General. After an hour it finally let me enter the thread. I figured it was unique to me and didn't make a fuss since it corrected itself.

It just started last night, and I ignored it thinking it would just be a random error. Then it happened again just now, so it has only happened twice. I'm using firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.