Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

BananaHands

Staff member
Holy round fuckballs, dude! I feel bad about my joke now! What's the prognosis on something like that? (If I might ask. You can tell me to fuck off and it's none of my business and I'll understand.)
Ah, it's fine. I've been making jokes about it too, my heart just isn't into it right now :rolleyes:.

I actually was diagnosed with it back in 2009 and had a surgery to fix it because I was at risk of that sudden cardiac death, but recently I've been getting light headed and having chest pain, so I went back to my cardiologist and apparently I'm the 5% of the people who get the surgery and have it grow back.

Sooo, now I'm just avoiding drinking and focusing on getting in shape so the whole process would go smoothly. Not looking forward to another round of surgery, heart surgery messes with yer emotions.

I may join up. I still have crap internet, which frustrated me the most last time. I'm hoping that spending more time doing a bit of RP will make it a bit more tolerable.

My main problem with the initial install still remains. You get the trial, spend all the time downloading, and finally play. You have fun and you're digging it. Then you decide to sub and all of a sudden you have to stop playing to download another 2 gig before you can log in again, with 6 gig being the total download. Just give me a full install download! I was playing 2 minutes ago and the only change was I subbed, why can I not play!

Dave

Staff member
I got on last night and got 78th level. Pretty close to 79 before I had to bug out & Skype with someone for a while.

Who can actually invite? I have a 40ish pally and yesterday I made a DK to see if that would motivate me to play more.

My main problem with the initial install still remains. You get the trial, spend all the time downloading, and finally play. You have fun and you're digging it. Then you decide to sub and all of a sudden you have to stop playing to download another 2 gig before you can log in again, with 6 gig being the total download. Just give me a full install download! I was playing 2 minutes ago and the only change was I subbed, why can I not play!
Because you need to download all the data that makes up all those other zones, including the whole continent of Outland. They try to make it easier for Starter Accounts by not having them download information they won't ever see, otherwise everyone would be downloading 2 gigs more then they ever need.

Because you need to download all the data that makes up all those other zones, including the whole continent of Outland. They try to make it easier for Starter Accounts by not having them download information they won't ever see, otherwise everyone would be downloading 2 gigs more then they ever need.
I get that. It would just be nice to get one big download, instead of having to use the launcher. I'm sure 99% of the people don't care, but damnit I want it my way! I need to learn to just not uninstall the damn game. I think it's about 15 gig total, which is nuts.

Oh, I know. I bring my computer in to work and mooch their connection to download stuff like that. Which is why it was annoying last night at home when the game said I had everything downloaded, until I logged in with my active account.

BTW, Monks have ridiculous mobility. I am going to hate trying to run away from them in Battlegrounds.

I decided to make a human monk on the beta to test out the feel, as I am considering making one as a homage to my original EverQuest character on live (A human monk from Freeport), and was trying out specs.

Not only does the monk have Roll, which allows them to roll quickly ahead of themselves, much faster then general run speed. They also have talents that either improve roll, or one called Tiger's Lust, which is basically like a rogue's sprint, only it requires a Chi orb (easy to keep stacked up), breaks snares and immobilization effects, and has only a 30 second cooldown. In the rare case neither of those will help you catch up with your prey, and you decide to play a Windwalker, you also get Flying Serpent Kick, a Liu Kang worthy flying kick that launches you like 40 yards forward at high speed. If you point it right and actually hit the flying kick on an enemy, it does damage and slows the enemy for a few seconds, allowing you to blackout kick their face off.

I can invite, and I'll likely be on later tonight (after 9pm central).

On a side note, I soloed Molten Core last night, just to see if it was possible. Two deaths on bosses, but actually a ton of fun (and really lucrative, since each boss dropped upwards of 25 gold, and Rags dropped over 100).

On a side note, I soloed Molten Core last night, just to see if it was possible. Two deaths on bosses, but actually a ton of fun (and really lucrative, since each boss dropped upwards of 25 gold, and Rags dropped over 100).
Enjoy it while it lasts. Blizzard saw this become a bit too easy of a method to bring in large quantities of gold for botters, since more and more raids are able to be soloed as our levels increase. They are changing it now so that each boss will drop gold based on the amount of players in the raid, so if you solo it, you get 10g, if you do it with 40 people, you still only get 10g per person.

Which is completely the right way to do things, and exactly why I wanted to run MC this week before the 5.0.4 patch. :)

My DK was soloing BT, until I got to RoS and SPIRIT SHOCK GD IT. (lol) (My lvl 85 one obv) This made me sad because I want the 2h mace from that damn boss.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Blizzard saw this become a bit too easy of a method to bring in large quantities of gold for botters, since more and more raids are able to be soloed as our levels increase. They are changing it now so that each boss will drop gold based on the amount of players in the raid, so if you solo it, you get 10g, if you do it with 40 people, you still only get 10g per person.
I doubt that'll change anything for botters. They could just form a raid filled with bots. Sounds more like a way to push people towards making gold through new content instead of steam rolling old content. Which is fine, but I doubt it's really about the botters.

I doubt that'll change anything for botters. They could just form a raid filled with bots. Sounds more like a way to push people towards making gold through new content instead of steam rolling old content. Which is fine, but I doubt it's really about the botters.
It would be more efficient to send all 40 bots out to farm random materials then have them run raids for small cash drops. Why would I worry about sending 40 bots down into a raid for 500g when I can get 2000g selling ore, herbs, and cloth with only 10 of them? It was only efficiant before because you got full gold value from the bosses for a single character, and thus could have 40 running it individually, wracking in tens of thousands of gold.

Preventing bots is also why the new "motes" (Spirit of Harmony) are BoP but drop from every mob in Pandaria. They are much easier to farm now, but since a botter would actually have to have a lucrative co-profession to use those motes in order to make gold, it's less likely they will do it.

There'd be less to monitor though. You'd only need one character doing the work, and the others on follow. Plus you don't have to worry about being reported by players. Either way, it's probably a good change so it doesn't matter much.

Must be your server, dps on either Horde or Alliance doesn't wait more than 5-10 mins on Muradin. Tank and Healers have less than 5 min wait.

The battle group for this server is horrid. From what I understand, it's all the RP servers, so that means there's less random queueing. It also has a weird market with armor that has crap stats, but looks nice going for triple the gold of something actually useful. Also, crafting materials are SOO overpriced.

The battle group for this server is horrid. From what I understand, it's all the RP servers, so that means there's less random queueing. It also has a weird market with armor that has crap stats, but looks nice going for triple the gold of something actually useful. Also, crafting materials are SOO overpriced.
The crappy armor that looks nice going for a lot actually happens everywhere, not just RP servers.

Random thing: I feel like something has been weird with the dungeon finder lately, because I will queue as (fast queue role) + DPS, and it will basically set my role as a DPS and estimate my queue time on that. Ever since you can hover over the eyeball thing and see which roles in your party are filled, I find it baffling. This also happens (as an example) when I queue as a tank alone and my husband queues as healer/DPS, it will assign him to DPS and we will sit there for 5 minutes waiting for a healer to fill the other role.

Random thing: I feel like something has been weird with the dungeon finder lately, because I will queue as (fast queue role) + DPS, and it will basically set my role as a DPS and estimate my queue time on that. Ever since you can hover over the eyeball thing and see which roles in your party are filled, I find it baffling. This also happens (as an example) when I queue as a tank alone and my husband queues as healer/DPS, it will assign him to DPS and we will sit there for 5 minutes waiting for a healer to fill the other role.
Same with my Shaman. If I queue both it almost always dumps me directly to DPS.

Never had this happen to me personally, but it could be that the system is attempting to find a DPS roll for you first, since there are a lot of players around that prefer DPS and would only tank or heal if they were forced to do it. Those that enjoy tanking or healer and want to focus it just wouldn't pick DPS as a possible option, like myself, who leave DPS unchecked on my tank and healer characters.

I wouldn't pick tank or healer if it wasn't something I wanted to do, but that doesn't mean I don't leave DPS checked once and a while for lols.

I wouldn't pick tank or healer if it wasn't something I wanted to do, but that doesn't mean I don't leave DPS checked once and a while for lols.
Yes, but think about it. If the system didn't at least attempt to find you a DPS spot by having you wait a little bit, you would never ding DPS before a tank or healer spot opened. They probably coded it to pass the first few spots on the tank and healer queues to see if a DPS spot opens, before giving up and just injecting you into a group as the tank or healer.

That's just plain silly. I wouldn't queue as both if I wasn't just as willing to do either role. As a matter of fact, I'd wager that the reason most people queue as either would be so they don't have to wait around and just want to take the first of those two roles available. When I queued with my druid in the past as either, it seemed about 50/50, so I don't know if it's just something about this battlegroup, or what.

Wasn't there a huge problem where people were queuing as both, then switching to DPS once the group was in an instance?