Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

IMO, the Cata levels were too small on release, I think it took me a couple of days to get to 85, and I know people who did it in 20 straight hours of playing, cause they are completely crazy. That might just be because there were only 5 levels.
I think my problem was it all felt like one long quest line, and there wasn't a whole lot of distraction from it. I got bored with it after a few levels and gave up.

First screen shots that I ever saw that got me truly interested in WoW were the shots of playing as Forsaken.

First time in an MMO anywhere we could be -undead-. I was sold.
Before the game ever came out, I planned my first character to be an undead paladin.

... I still wish my dream could come true.

IMO, the Cata levels were too small on release, I think it took me a couple of days to get to 85, and I know people who did it in 20 straight hours of playing, cause they are completely crazy. That might just be because there were only 5 levels.
I explained it before but the issues with the levels was they attempted to pack to much into only five levels. Yes, the levels as a whole took less time then the past times we had ten levels, but each level itself felt progressively longer. Here is my chart I made to represent what I mean.

WOTLK 70-80.

70--71--72--73--74--75--76--77--78--79--80

Cata 80-85

80--81---82----83------84---------85

Milestones are extremely important, and a smooth line of levelups reduces the risk of burnout, because that next level (milestone) always feels in reach. When each level gets progressively longer, the milestone feels farther each time. This is not a huge deal during the first playthrough, but gets worst the more alts you have, because once you reach the new milestone the next one feels so far away you just don't care to play at that point.

I would much rather have 10 levels with an even line of progression then 5 with such a drastic curve, but sadly can't do much about that, since they need to drag out as close as they can to 10 levels of leveling into only the 5 levels.

Hodir mounts don't transfer between Horde and Alliance. :cry:

Other than that I'm liking the patch so far. My Fury warrior feels a lot less squishy then he did before, got him up to 83 last night.

So yeah after logging in all my characters and getting my achievements across my accounts I hit 9500+ achievement points.

Not sure if I'm proud of that or vehemently ashamed. :confused:

Also, really REALLY disappointed I didn't get my pvp titles from my oldest char onto my others but still, having all my mounts (near 150) on nearly all my chars is pretty fantastic.

Most of my mods updated or were already ready for this patch too so this has been a smooth transition.

One big change I don't think I ever mentioned. They normalized guild contribution and guild reputation.

What does this mean? Well right now when a level 10 finishes a quest, it gives barely any guild experience and maybe like 5 guild reputation. You didn't get the max amount of experience and reputation until you were 85 doing the max level quests, and then those could be cut off by the weekly cap.

With the normalization, you get max experience and reputation no matter what level you are. This, in combination with the removal of weekly caps, means new guilds can now finally reach max level with lower level or just in general less players, a lot faster, and reach exalted quickly. Right now just doing quests from 80-85 can now take you from Neutral to Exalted with a guild.

As everyone knows from my Cataclysm rant, the difficulty of leveling a guild was one of the things I felt was a huge downside to the game. This has been fixed with these changes.

In that case, we should have our guild leveled in no time. I already pre-ordered the digital deluxe version of MoP, even though I won't really have time to play until my next break.

The new Scarlet Hals/Monastery and Scholomance are pretty neat.

AOE looting is the best thing ever.

RIP auras. :(

It's ok, now all your seals are like auras instead... just you know, single target, and different buffs >.>

It would be nice to get the guild achievement too. Hit me up some time when I'm on Crater and we can give them a try. I haven't been in any of them in a long time.

I still need to get used to it.

I still do my rapid clicking when I have a lot of corpses, and sometime wonder "Why does this one mob have so much stuff on i.... ohhhhhh right...."

Another new thing is they made Archaeology significantly faster to level again, since each dig site now has 9 digs before it gets used up, and artifact costs are lower. I even got a Tolvir artifact last night!

I still haven't taken the time to figure out Archaeology. It has to be the least intuitive profession ever made, and there are zero directions in game on what to do.

I still haven't taken the time to figure out Archaeology. It has to be the least intuitive profession ever made, and there are zero directions in game on what to do.
You can always ask for help. Is the issue you are having finding the fragments using the survey?

Dave

Staff member
Another new thing is they made Archaeology significantly faster to level again, since each dig site now has 9 digs before it gets used up, and artifact costs are lower. I even got a Tolvir artifact last night!
I SAID I was going to play tonight! Geez!

You can always ask for help. Is the issue you are having finding the fragments using the survey?
I know I can. You shouldn't have to ask for help or research outside of the game to figure out what to even do with a profession. I finally figured out what the telescope thing does, and looking online know you have to research the fragments some how or other. Where in game does it tell you how to do any of that though? I'll get to it eventually, it's just frustrating.

When Cata first dropped, I spent all my time getting Archy up to 500 and getting a couple of the mounts and pets etc... Then I went back and breezed through the leveling zones. I never missed a raid with my guild either...

Dave

Staff member
Well, I WOULD be playing...if the game let me. "Reconfiguring game files" and has been for over an hour.

Dave

Staff member
Guess I don't play tonight. I left my iPod on my desk at work and it's got my authenticator on it. I tried downloading the app to my wife's iPad, but no go. So I'm locked out.