Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

That's just plain silly. I wouldn't queue as both if I wasn't just as willing to do either role. As a matter of fact, I'd wager that the reason most people queue as either would be so they don't have to wait around and just want to take the first of those two roles available. When I queued with my druid in the past as either, it seemed about 50/50, so I don't know if it's just something about this battlegroup, or what.
When I definitely want to tank/heal/DPS whatever, I only queue as that. When I queue as multiple it's because I want to fill the role that will get me in a dungeons as soon as possible. I don't want to sit in a longer queue because the game arbitrarily picked a role without using both.

I hope they open it up so cross-realm can raid soon too (and I don't mean LFR). I am wanting to run some old raids for mounts and titles, but Fusion is being a bit boring. It would be nice if we could form some runs.

Update: I just checked with a friend and it looks like joining a cross-realm raid IS possible. Anyone want to try some old raid runs after the patch to get some unique mounts and titles?

I'd like to run some of the old raids just for the experience of actually doing them, like Black Temple, Icecrown, Naxxramus, etc... Being a lorehound, It would be nice to actually see what happens with Illadin, Kel Thu'zad, Arthas, Lady Vahj, etc... The highest level raid I did was Karazahn, so yeah...

I'd like to run some of the old raids just for the experience of actually doing them, like Black Temple, Icecrown, Naxxramus, etc... Being a lorehound, It would be nice to actually see what happens with Illadin, Kel Thu'zad, Arthas, Lady Vahj, etc... The highest level raid I did was Karazahn, so yeah...
I wouldn't mind doing that. We are at a level where all those raids for the most part can be done with two people. Three or more would make it a cake walk.

Mostly I want to do the WOTLK raids for the titles and mounts, for instance the Frostwyrm, but I would love to do some BC raids for old transmog sets like the Crystalforge set on my Draenei Paladin. I can try to organize the runs if we get enough people interested.

I just joined the guild last night, and was up entirely too late. I got my druid up to 20 though. The worgen running wild animation bugs me horribly for some reason. I think I'll be sticking with travel form.

If we can do cross realm raids, I might be up for it. I don't have any high level characters on this server, but I have a warrior on another I'd bring along.

I just joined the guild last night, and was up entirely too late. I got my druid up to 20 though. The worgen running wild animation bugs me horribly for some reason. I think I'll be sticking with travel form.

If we can do cross realm raids, I might be up for it. I don't have any high level characters on this server, but I have a warrior on another I'd bring along.
you can also get faction tabards at the flight masters at the main city that boost your faction in every dungeon. once you get to exalted, you can get that faction's mounts. my worgen rides a cat mount.

I would be interested. When I last played there was only MC/BWL/Naxx and that awful desert one with the bug mounts. I would like to see the new ones for sure.

I'm also trying to see every dungeon on my lock. On the random thingy I missed RFC and Maura. I can solo the latter, can I get to RFC as alliance?

the only dungeon you really wouldn't be able to get to without the dungeon finder would be the one that is inside Ogrimmar. I can't recall the name at the moment. it is the analogue of stockades for the horde.
If you are high enough level, with a flying mount, and properly time it so you don't aggro the flying guards, you can easily get into RFC. You just fly down into the Cleft of Shadow and bolt for the portal. If you do aggro anything you usually can outrun them into the portal, or worst comes to worst die close enough to run back in and res at the portal line.

News Update: Blizzard has just updated WarCraft Remote to be free.

For those that don't know what the service is, it was something you paid a few extra dollars monthly that gave you access to both the auction house and guild chat without having to play the game. You could access the features either on the website or through the iOS and Android Armory apps. If you had a former Remote subscription they give you a free Lil' XT mini-pet and a week of game time to make up for the change.

I would be messing with it right now, but my authenticator is at home, so I can't log onto the website. :okay:

Gotcha. I just went in and poked around a bit. I was wondering why they would allow that.
I just checked and found that you can get into the guild chat without the authenticator, so that's something. Auctions still require the authenticator though, probably to prevent someone from taking your phone and posting all you materials for 1 copper, so that makes sense.

I honestly don't think D3 will last long enough to come to that. I'm fairly certain it will be the first blizzard game that won't be actively played 10 years after it's release (console games aside).

I honestly don't think D3 will last long enough to come to that. I'm fairly certain it will be the first blizzard game that won't be actively played 10 years after it's release (console games aside).
We have no way of knowing just this yet. Right now it's getting a lot of bitter press, mostly from people angry about low drop chances or the RMAH. It could still at least be a moderate success, it already made their money back on the investment.

I have a lot of lvl 85 alliance chars and 1 lvl 85 horde healer if we want to do friend list stuff. Need to remember to look up my b.net ID number.

Well I had a very fun and lucrative final day of Cataclysm.

Finished most of my dailies and finally got the Hyjal Bear Cub pet, that was the start of my WoW day. Later on some friends on my Horde server invited me to run some old dungeons, and I got the Orb of the Sin'dorei on my rogue, an item I was attempting to get on my rogue since BC. Never did drop for me. So that was something.

That's not the best part of the day though.

At some point a week ago my Blood Elf DK was invited into a max level guild that, once I joined, seemed a bit weird. The guild itself is named after the Guild Master, and the Guild Master put up dozens of different events on the calender. None of them were raiding or PVP, but instead contests, lotteries, events for gold and such. It basically seemed like one big contest guild with hundreds of people.

So I check out the contests and for August 27th, he had planned a hide and seek event in which if you locate him hiding in a zone, he gets you a mount. I thought it would be interesting so I signed up, but then promptly forgot about it. Well the day comes up and Altoholic reminds me of it happening, so I am like "Oh ya, might as well give it a shot". I log on, head to the "start" point, which was Booty Bay, and then just had to find him hiding in Southern STV. I mount up, he starts the contest, I ride out of the town, and...

He is standing right there in the entrance tunnel.

He declares me the winner, waits for two more people to find him for runner-up gold prizes (took them maybe 15 minutes to realize he was just in the tunnel), and then gave me a Vial of the Sands mount for my victory. A mount that, just to make, requires weeks/months of Archeology and a lot of luck just to get the recipe, and often goes for a minimum of 28k gold on the AH, and that's if the seller wants little in the way of profits. I got it just in time for Account Wide mounts too.

Talk about being lucky. So glad I decided to give it a go. I plan to go back for all the guys events now, even just being a runner-up he gives a few thousand gold.

I'm am just overwhelmed by all the changes in 5.0 that I have no idea where to begin once the servers come up. I have 6 lvl 85s and was working on my 7th (a hunter) and was only up to 64. I kept saying I was going to level a warrior as well before MoP and with my free time being so limited I have to choose whether to try and finish the hunter AND raise the warrior to 85 or just straight drop the hunter and start working on my warrior to be Mists ready.... not only that, but all my other chars are now going to be a mystery to play with all the massive sweeping changes to classes across the board..... greeeeat.

This is why I am glad I was in beta, it allowed me to mess with the new specs and get a feel for them all. It's not going to be super hard to figure out though, mostly because the glyphs and talents are so simple now. The hardest part for me was getting used to the new "one page fits all" spell book.

Yeah it's funny how I'm worried about learning a -simpler- system.

It'll take a whole 1 day, I'm sure, to learn it all, but as with every xpac thus far, it's just getting annoying having to relearn so much

It'll take a whole 1 day, I'm sure, to learn it all, but as with every xpac thus far, it's just getting annoying having to relearn so much
The way I see it, if we don't change stuff now and then, the game would grow extremely stale extremely fast. I think the fact each expansion alters the mechanics a bit is one of the reasons the game has survived as long as it has, because if we were still playing the same type of game as vanilla wow I probably would have quit years ago.

Don't get me wrong, as annoying as I find it, in the end I find it much more refreshing change of pace. I can't even remotely imagine WoW's current gameplay world with vanilla WoW mechanics. That's for sure.

I transferred a warrior over here. I wasn't going to, but I'm really enjoying the low level quests so far and don't want to burn myself out on them. This way I don't have to push myself to get high enough level to take part in the MoP events. Oh, and thanks Piotyr for the bags. I'll pay you back as soon as I get my character transferred.

I need to log on Valhyde again this week. I put him on hold once I hit 80 because I wanted to see if the experience drops were going to happen in the patch. Going to save a lot of time in the final cataclysm zones.

It's actually a 33% drop for 82-83 and 83-85, and a full 50% drop on 84-85. Pretty nice. Might make me level all my alts in the next month, just so it will be easier to try them out in MoP.

Too bad the MoP levels themselves look a bit insane. At least they recently lowered the XP requirement in that regard, I just hope the leveling curve is a bit smoother.

It would be nice if the had a system where once you leveled one character through the latest xpac levels(85-90 for MoP), it would reduce the xp needed for the rest of your characters for just those levels. I understand them wanting you to experience all the content, but once you've made it though once it's such a drag to get through it again. I suppose that's what they put heirlooms in for though.

It would be nice if the had a system where once you leveled one character through the latest xpac levels(85-90 for MoP), it would reduce the xp needed for the rest of your characters for just those levels. I understand them wanting you to experience all the content, but once you've made it though once it's such a drag to get through it again. I suppose that's what they put heirlooms in for though.
Yes they had heirlooms for this, in a way, but they just don't do as much as they used to, since they cut off old heirlooms at 80 and only added two more, that will now be cut off at 85.

Right now, Blizzard is trying out a new system in which, once you cap Valor Points, your alts will get a buff that increases Valor Point collection on alts by 50%. This buff is automatic on the alts once you log on to that account. My hope is that the next iteration of the heirloom system follows a similar design. Reach 90, and all your alts get a buff that increases experience gained by 50 or 100%. I know they considered something like this before, but we have not heard about it for months.

They also have a flask you can collect off a rare spawn that increase experience gained by 300% for one hour, and can be traded to alts. I can see that getting farmed a bit.

IMO, the Cata levels were too small on release, I think it took me a couple of days to get to 85, and I know people who did it in 20 straight hours of playing, cause they are completely crazy. That might just be because there were only 5 levels.