Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

Maybe it will be a bit easier once we have cross-realm zones. We could all post battletags and then invite eachother for quests in Pandaria or around the world without having to keep switching servers. That is the biggest issue for me right now, just trying to now balance three servers. Wyrmrest takes the third seat since it's not very established.

I might be more willing to play if I get more established, but that would require leveling a lot of characters.

How are the cross realm zones to work, exactly?
If a few servers don't have many players in a certain zone, it will combine them all into the same zone. Example...

Grogmar is on Ghostlands, Frunepic is on Blackhand, and Lucci is on Tichondrius. They are all questing in Southern Barrens pretty much by themselves. The servers will "link up"and suddenly all three of them can see eachother questing, group up, talk, etc... all in the Southern Barrens zone. If they are grouped, they will stay together moving on to the next zone. If they break up or don't group, the minute one moves out of the zone he phases back to his normal server and the other two vanish, unless it links them up again.

That is the main purpose of the system.

However, it allows much more. Say you are on Ghostlands but you have a friend on Tichondrius, he is having issues with a quest in Pandaria and you want to help him. You can exchange battletags (the new RealID system that does not require a real name), which then allows you to talk or party with him using the social panel. Once you are in a party, you will both phase into the same cross-realm, allowing the two of you to group regardless of the fact you are both on different servers. It's similar to how you can right now cross-realm invite for dungeon queues, only now it works in the whole world.

Right now, the only zones that will not allow any cross-realm are cities, for obvious reasons.

If you can cross-queue for dungeons, hell, if you guys want to run 85s, I can use my DK for tanking or my Pally for healing on my home server. Too bad you can't do guilds across servers, but I totally understand why that wouldn't be feasable with all the guild rewards and such.[DOUBLEPOST=1345437085][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, actually, my Druid is specced for healing right now, so that doesn't even have to be across realms.

ScytheRexx - Played on Tichondrius long? I played Horde there from launch until BC. Was such a good server. I hope it still is
It was my original server since release. I have played Horde on that server all the way till the end of WOTLK, when I started playing a bit more on Ghostlands since my wife wanted to make some Alliance characters. Cataclysm saw me mostly ignore Tichondrius, I just had more interest in the alliance characters. I only leveled two of my Horde up to 85.

As for if the server is good, well... it's busy, which is nice. I wouldn't have ever called it good though. As a server it always felt less friendly, and most of the guilds I joined either were full of douches, or ended up imploding within a month. The last guild I joined once got pissed at me because I had a funny macro make a joke in /say when I was ressing the raid leader.

I think the deterioration started half way through BC, got worst in WOTLK. Since I didn't play much Cataclysm on that server I can't really say how bad that got.

Dave

Staff member
Sorry about that, guys. I've been absent from pretty much everything for a little while, including here except for a few moments here and there. Ben under increasing pressure at work and have cut back on the technology at home so I can spend more time with the lady.

I'll be back.

I made a pally there but basically stopped playing her because I never really saw anyone on when I wasn't playing with friends/family on my other server. When they add battle tags I'll do stuff with people on either faction for sure (or you can just add my battle.tag through D3 now, but I'm not home to look up what my number was)

Funny enough I got Dawnguard but have yet to play it more then a few minutes. I am having issues figuring out which type of character I want to play this time.

Dave

Staff member
Honestly, if they allowed cross server usage of heirlooms, I'd gladly come by and start a char over here.
Aren't heirlooms by account, not server? I thought you could send them across already. But then again I've never tried, so....

They're such a crutch. You level faster than the zone storylines can complete as is without them.
I have 6 lvl 85s, I've seen the story many many times on both sides, both Vanilla and Cata, I enjoy heirlooms because they get my alts caught up faster with the people who would want to play with me (Ex: Starting characters on this server to play with Halforumites)

I hadn't played in ages before now and I can't believe how fast leveling is. What is the total bonus with heirlooms and the guild bonus?

Levelling is so fast now that the time saved by the heirlooms is so little. They're convenient, but that's all they are.

Actually, with heirlooms, you level 1-2x every single instance you LFG. Without them you get 1 level every 1-2 instances especially post 60. Saving hours per level with 85 levels to consider is a bit more than -minimal time saved- in my eyes.

35% from items and whatever your guild bonus is doesn't equate to more than double experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1345575556][/DOUBLEPOST]Look, none of that matters overall. What I'm saying is if you tell someone you'd like to play with them but, you know, no heirlooms, sorry it comes across as the saddest excuse a person can give.

I'd like to play with them but I don't have the weeks of time extra it'd take to get to the levels they're at before Panderia comes out (it's 40% xp from heirlooms as well as the massive damage increase to kill things alot faster) is the -excuse- not that it's heirlooms or fuck off.

Thanks for the put-down though.

Dave

Staff member
Heirlooms give a huge benefit and if your guild is high enough (ours isn't) you also get a bonus for guild runs. So they do help out quite a bit for the higher levels.

I think I might play tonight a little. If the wife lets me.

Dave

Staff member
pre-excitation and wolff parkinsons white. :confused:
Holy round fuckballs, dude! I feel bad about my joke now! What's the prognosis on something like that? (If I might ask. You can tell me to fuck off and it's none of my business and I'll understand.)